Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Announcement Coming Dec 16th Maxis Monthly

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    They will announce the closure of TS3 Store.

If they do, good riddance.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    The Gallery for console players wouldn't be ''mind blowing'' and so hype worthy for a lot of us though. I highly doubt that will be it.

But keeping expectations low..

As I learned, they are excited for the littlest thing...

No lies detected here!

More shade thrown. Y'all need to learn how to comment on the game, not the players.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2019
    The Gallery for console players wouldn't be ''mind blowing'' and so hype worthy for a lot of us though. I highly doubt that will be it.

No lies detected here!

More shade thrown. Y'all need to learn how to comment on the game, not the players.

This comment was not aimed towards the playerbase but towards the developers/EA.

Just for the record..

They have hyped Starwars costumes in the past, so that's why.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

No lies detected here!

This comment was not aimed towards the playerbase but towards the developers/EA.

Just for the record..

Imagine the big announcement is more Disney propaganda..... I would riot.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • andimackcentralandimackcentral Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="Sigzy05;c-17343544"][quote="rudy8292;c-17343519"][quote="simgirl1010;c-17343517"][quote="rudy8292;c-17343348"][quote="Jordan061102;c-17343213"][quote="rudy8292;c-17342895"]The Gallery for console players wouldn't be ''mind blowing'' and so hype worthy for a lot of us though. I highly doubt that will be it.

But keeping expectations low..[/quote]

As I learned, they are excited for the littlest thing...[/quote]

No lies detected here![/quote]

More shade thrown. Y'all need to learn how to comment on the game, not the players. [/quote]

Just for the record..

They have hyped Starwars costumes in the past, so that's why.[/quote]

Imagine the big announcement is more Disney propaganda..... I would riot.[/quote]

What's wrong with Disney? Oh wait I forgot that not being a small struggling creator is a crime now. Whoops, my bad.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

No lies detected here!

Just for the record..

Thanks for clearing that up. 👍
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

No lies detected here!

Just for the record..

What's wrong with Disney? Oh wait I forgot that not being a small struggling creator is a crime now. Whoops, my bad.

What's wrong is that I'm tired of having tons of Disney, Baby Ariel, It's on you and other garbage propaganda on a video game that concerns none of those things. Them being a big announcement would be a slap on the face. What are you even talking about in regards to creators? Disney is a company.

I guess that it is nice the for people who are big Star Wars fans to be able to dress their sims accordingly, I'm not. But this should not be considered a big announcement.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • andimackcentralandimackcentral Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="Sigzy05;c-17343551"][quote="andimackcentral;c-17343547"][quote="Sigzy05;c-17343544"][quote="rudy8292;c-17343519"][quote="simgirl1010;c-17343517"][quote="rudy8292;c-17343348"][quote="Jordan061102;c-17343213"][quote="rudy8292;c-17342895"]The Gallery for console players wouldn't be ''mind blowing'' and so hype worthy for a lot of us though. I highly doubt that will be it.

But keeping expectations low..[/quote]

As I learned, they are excited for the littlest thing...[/quote]

No lies detected here![/quote]

More shade thrown. Y'all need to learn how to comment on the game, not the players. [/quote]

Just for the record..

They have hyped Starwars costumes in the past, so that's why.[/quote]

Imagine the big announcement is more Disney propaganda..... I would riot.[/quote]

What's wrong with Disney? Oh wait I forgot that not being a small struggling creator is a crime now. Whoops, my bad.[/quote]

What's wrong is that I'm tired of having tons of Disney, Baby Ariel, It's on you and other garbage propaganda on a video game that concerns none of those things. Them being a big announcement would be a slap on the face. What are you even talking about in regards to creators? Disney is a company.

Edit: I guess that it is nice the for people who are big Star Wars fans to be able to dress their sims accordingly, I'm not. But this should not be considered a big announcement.

Edit 2: Now if Maxis partnered with Bioware to deliver some Mass Effect (triology let me make that clear) and Dragon Age outfits, I would rejoice. That kind of in house propaganda I would be fine especially because those games are amazing.[/quote]

Yeah but I don't want Bioware stuff in my game. I mean good for the people that want it, buy the only collab I want is a Lizzo collab. Maybe a Billie Ellish or Ariana Grande collab, but that's it
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    “Propaganda” became one of my favorite words this year.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Possibly a new free world? That certainly qualifies as big and lots of simmers have been asking for one.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Am I the only one who isn't particularly thrilled about getting cars? :open_mouth:

There will still be loading screens. Some lots would be unreachable by car [ex: that small island in the Get Together world]. I'm not really sure how it'd work, unless your Sim just gets into the car and it disappears.

What we *really* need are improvements to the AI/personality system. I can guarantee you, cars will get old fast because the Sims driving them will be no different, more or less. This goes for every other piece of content they release. It's why TS4 tends to "get old fast". You need to make the stuff using the content interesting, immersive. Or else the content itself will be just as stale.

I'm not really a familial player so I may be biased. Most of my Sims are fantasy-esque, and wouldn't drive cars. :wink:

I don't want cars at all! My Sims are health- and environment-conscious and prefer to use people power. :)

You can choose not to use them.

I doubt it. As of now, bicycles are being used by random Sims in the worlds, so I expect cars will work the same way. I'll most likely be seeing my Spellcasters, Vampires and Mermaids getting out of a Toyota at the cafe in the bright, early afternoon sunshine. :/ Now, if they drove hearses or Munster jalopies, I could be okay with that.

Don't really want cars at this point myself, but we'll see what happens.

Bicycles are great though. And I don't see the problem with vampires and other lifestates using cars? As a matter of fact having NPC spellcasters use brooms in the normal world would ruin the immersion of players who do not want to tackle any occult content in their saves. Brooms aren't even a transportation object for spellcasters, they can't use them to travel to other lots in TS4 which is very unfortunate.

Well, to be honest, on the broom issue, I don't see why a player who doesn't want Occults in their saves would buy a pack that puts Occults in their game in the first place. I actually think Spellcasters should cast spells in other worlds and use magic freely, that they shouldn't have been suppressed. What's the point of putting them in a separate pack dedicated to them if they're just going to play out like they don't exist? I don't understand why "normal world' players should get priority over Occult players, it's not like Sims games have ever been strictly realistic to begin with. I prefer to see them using brooms rather than bicycles, as well as teleportation, and the Vampires continuing to use their mist and bat forms.

I just really, really don't care about the bicycles. I never wanted them to begin with. I think they should have made them only used autonomously if you actually give them to a played Sim, and same if cars get patched in. I would also prefer cars came in a separate pack so I don't have to have them at all, but I have a feeling they'd be patched. I don't want to see Vlad get out of a modern little family car around town, it's bad enough he shows up as a bartender. It ruins my immersion as an Occult player. The same way others get upset if Occults feel "forced" on them, I get frustrated if technology and modern living and banal realism is "forced" on my anachronistic and Occult Sims. That's why I'm apprehensive about cars.

But you never know. They may turn out fine, for all I know. And it may not even have anything to do with the announcement so there's really no sense in thinking too deep on it until more info comes, right? :p

#Team Occult
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »

EA and Disney are twins, they run after the easy money.

• GrahambunctiuosGrahambunctiuos Posts: 7 New Member
    I can't wait to find out tomorrow :smiley:
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Well... I wanna keep my hopes low but my mind keeps remembering the livestream they did when terrain tools came out and they very purposefully built a garage.

So my insides are screaming "CARS!" cause its been a bit since the terrain tools/configurable stairs livestream and if they were working on it then it might be almost ready for us by now. So. Imma be an optimist and say they're announcing the return of cars for our christmas present lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I just really, really don't care about the bicycles. I never wanted them to begin with. I think they should have made them only used autonomously if you actually give them to a played Sim, and same if cars get patched in. I would also prefer cars came in a separate pack so I don't have to have them at all, but I have a feeling they'd be patched.

Even though I'm probably 70% realistic and 30% occult player, I agree with you about cars being in a separate pack (they can either make a separate free pack or make a larger SP/GP about cars with themed decor and CAS/BB - maybe even car mechanic career?). The reason is that, for me, I just can't see cars fitting the way TS4 takes things and they'd only be a fancy decor given the fact you can teleport from lot to lot - and I'd have no issue opting out of them and waiting for content that fits me better (*wink wink* body hair, please? *wink*).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    edited December 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It cost me about $20 US to get the carousel. It's cool and all but the novelty wears out VERY quickly. And the boardwalk venue that comes with it consists mostly of nonfunctional decor

TS4 is pretty bad about chopping up content piecemeal, but the TS3 store was worse about it. 2 SPs or 1 GP definitely had way more value

The store was pointless anyway. A lot of the gameplay items were buggy and broken so people uploaded fixed versions you could download regardless of whether or not you bought the store version lol
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It cost me about $20 US to get the carousel. It's cool and all but the novelty wears out VERY quickly. And the boardwalk venue that comes with it consists mostly of nonfunctional decor

TS4 is pretty bad about chopping up content piecemeal, but the TS3 store was worse about it. 2 SPs or 1 GP definitely had way more value

The store was pointless anyway. A lot of the gameplay items were buggy and broken so people uploaded fixed versions you could download regardless of whether or not you bought the store version lol

Wait, really? Darn.

I also got the restaurant set from the store and it was buggy, like you said. :\ Totally not worth it. Dine Out was better, even if it is a very low bar to clear
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Wait, really? Darn.

I also got the restaurant set from the store and it was buggy, like you said. :\ Totally not worth it. Dine Out was better, even if it is a very low bar to clear

Yes but for obvious terms of service reasons I recommend only getting them if you bought the original item first 👀 *cough*
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    ohhh only one more day to find out!
    edited December 2019
    Possibly a new free world? That certainly qualifies as big and lots of simmers have been asking for one.

Story Progression would be a bigger announcement but it won't be about a patch.

But before the holiday, it could be about a gift like TS3 Ultimate Collection for FREE for example.
    Stop torturing your mind they will announce a new partnership with Katy Perry : Sweet Treats 2 :p !
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I was watching Pixelade earlier and he was reading some comments and one said that maybe they‘ll release both Arts & Crafts and Happy Haunts.
    edited December 2019
    I was watching Pixelade earlier and he was reading some comments and one said that maybe they‘ll release both Arts & Crafts and Happy Haunts.

No way.
    SimGuruDuke is here, the announcement is probably bigger than a Stuff Pack.

The possibilities are :
    • Major update
    • New GP or EP
    • Spin-off game
    • New partnership
    • New organization
    • New type of products (World Packs ? Store ?)
    • 20th anniversary event
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2019

No way.
    SimGuruDuke is here, the announcement is probably bigger than a Stuff Pack.

The possibilities are :
    • Major update
    • New GP or EP
    • Spin-off game
    • New partnership
    • New organization
    • New type of products (World Packs ? Store ?)
    • 20th anniversary event

They will not announce new packs in Maxis Monthly. SimGuruFrost has made that clear some time ago, so we can rule out a new pack being announced entirely.