Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that Uni is out, what's left?

2...Next

Comments

• Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    Sports is the first thing that came to my mind. But think of all the high speed animations they'd have to produce and at least a few sports.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No. I want horses!
    We can have both. And dragons could be trained to ride horses, themselves.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KissarahKissarah Posts: 46 Member
    The team has always seemed happier to explore new content, so whatever we see next is probably going to be something different from what we have seen so far. I'm sure we have at least a few expansions left in TS4, assuming they even plan on making a TS5. I'm definitely not on a team 'too soon' as far as the next generation goes, but having been here since Gen 1 it just feels like it's time. While it has always nice to finally have a fleshed out game with all of the big packs, anything that I really want to see added to the game at this point is a core change that would not make sense in a deeply active installment.

That being said, my number one hope for whatever pack we get next is another full sized town. It would be nice to have some new scenery akin to Windenberg.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't really understand the talk of a TS5 *already*? I want more TS4 content! I'm rather amazed (an pleased) that I - on a low end computer - still have minimum lag with many packs and also recently adding lots of CC. There is obviously room for more packs before this game gets "full". And there's so much I would like to see added! I don't get how some simmers would like to start a new series from scratch, rather than enjoying what is good and is still building nicely.

I agree. I'm not ready to go back to buying pets or seasons. I think fixating on the base game doesn't make sense at this point. The new worlds are much bigger and more open, people still complain that they are too empty. (I noticed more NPCs walking around in Britechester after the latest patch). I think TS4 is still being updated and that feedback is being considered. Sometimes people will complain but then not notice or comment when an issue is addressed. I don't think that would stop with TS5. I think some of what is wanted isn't realistic or isn't really universal. Other stuff could probably be fixed in this version.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Kissarah wrote: »
    The team has always seemed happier to explore new content, so whatever we see next is probably going to be something different from what we have seen so far. I'm sure we have at least a few expansions left in TS4, assuming they even plan on making a TS5. I'm definitely not on a team 'too soon' as far as the next generation goes, but having been here since Gen 1 it just feels like it's time. While it has always nice to finally have a fleshed out game with all of the big packs, anything that I really want to see added to the game at this point is a core change that would not make sense in a deeply active installment.

That being said, my number one hope for whatever pack we get next is another full sized town. It would be nice to have some new scenery akin to Windenberg.

Hi, I too have been playing since the original sims, along with all the sequels. I have to admit that the sims 4 has been very difficult for me to adjust to. I have all of its content, as well as a whole lot of custom content and mods, but still I find I put it away to play the sims 2. I haven't really explored 4 deeply. I tried to go to the jungle to try that pack, but I couldn't find any of the things it wanted me to get, and so I just gave up on it. I do like the star pack, and do play my actor sim, but that's as far as I get. I installed uni and proceeded to play the actor again, lol. Old people don't like change, I guess. Except, I do hold on to the hope that the next iteration will be more like the sims 2 with the open world of sims 3 and some kind of create-a-style as a side app, opposed to in-game option. Anyway, I'll keep trying to like sims 4 and look to the news of 5 if that ever happens.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
    There is so much left to add! Don't stop at uni. I'm just going to name a few but we need:
    More exotic/foreign words
    A snow world with activities like snowboarding and such
    Generations! Where kids can finally play tag, hand games, marco polo, build tree houses.... all that fun stuff
    A paranormal happy haunts pack for all of my occult lovers out there
    Zombies
    Werewolves
    Fairies and any other occult they might think to add
    Cars anyone?
    Bands
    Free babies
    I still need to make an arcade
    Sports
    Riding objects like skateboards, scooters etc.
    Farming!! With horses and wild animals
    A theme park is a must!!!
    Romance anyone?

And so much more gameplay elements, animations and objects such as bed cuddling, bew dances, dancing facing eachother, pizza ovens, sitting on the floor to have a picnic,walking and holding hands,being able to carry children, games like spin the bottle for friends to play, pool slides, slow dancing, toddlers crawling, regular slides, normal sized regular playground equipment such as merry go round and rocking horse. The list goes on and on.

And finally we need more out of the blue strangerville type of packs 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Plus I would love if they just made a pack to focus solely on animations and gameplay, without adding a new world.

What is "Free babies"?

• BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't know... I guess the old EP ideas they haven't done yet are Time Travel, Hobbies, and Vacation.

Personally, I don't care much for Vacation (unless they do what they did with TS3 and represent multiple cultures, that was neat - but the standard beach location and mountain location does nothing for me - and we already have those both in TS4 anyway), so I'd hope they'd go with the former two.

And only hobbies if they finally add a playable woodwind or brass instrument. Seriously, EA if you're going to drag out The Sims 4, you better finally add one (they were even in the pre-release concept art!). But I know you won't. You'd sooner add every single other instrument in existence. =(

BTW, I loved Into The Future in TS3, with the flying hover cars and everything, but the history nerd in me really wants to see a time travel to the past pack. The further back the cooler (since it'd be different), like Ancient Greece. And hey, The Sims 4 doesn't even cars, so pre-car historical worlds would not be such a hard thing to do in TS4 like in previous The Sims games.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    All we really need is a Generations pack, and an actual Vacation holiday pack.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2019
    windweaver wrote: »
    Hello Fellow Simmers!
    I just installed Uni, and I'm wondering what's left? I can't think of anything. I think all that we had in the prior iterations are covered now, is that correct? Do you think there will be new concepts? Or are we now looking at the sims 5? I don't know if this is the correct place to put this thread. I hope it's okay.

I wouldn't say.they have covered even half compared to past games.
    Some themes take a few steps forward and a lot more back. And Imitations in this game spoil some of the returns.

Hopefully we get more themes such as.

Sports
    Schools
    Farming
    Generations
    More supernatural
    More proper holidays
    Horses.other animals and pets
    Hotels/resorts
    Theme parks
    Home business
    More shops and venues
    Cinemas
    Opara
    Malls
    Cinemas

Cars/garages
    More building content/tools
    Hobbys

More active careers.

Baby/toddler bedroom
    Teen pack
    Elders pack

So much this game still lacks

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Sims 5.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member

What is "Free babies"?

I think she means more interaction outside the crib.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2019
    There is so much left to add! Don't stop at uni. I'm just going to name a few but we need:
    More exotic/foreign words
    A snow world with activities like snowboarding and such
    Generations! Where kids can finally play tag, hand games, marco polo, build tree houses.... all that fun stuff
    A paranormal happy haunts pack for all of my occult lovers out there
    Zombies
    Werewolves
    Fairies and any other occult they might think to add
    Cars anyone?
    Bands
    Free babies
    I still need to make an arcade
    Sports
    Riding objects like skateboards, scooters etc.
    Farming!! With horses and wild animals
    A theme park is a must!!!
    Romance anyone?

And so much more gameplay elements, animations and objects such as bed cuddling, bew dances, dancing facing eachother, pizza ovens, sitting on the floor to have a picnic,walking and holding hands,being able to carry children, games like spin the bottle for friends to play, pool slides, slow dancing, toddlers crawling, regular slides, normal sized regular playground equipment such as merry go round and rocking horse. The list goes on and on.

And finally we need more out of the blue strangerville type of packs 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Plus I would love if they just made a pack to focus solely on animations and gameplay, without adding a new world.

What is "Free babies"?

In the sims 2 and 3

Newborns we're not tied to a single item. And was a proper lifestage

They could be given

Baths in sinks
    Dressed and diaper change in a changing table
    Sleep in a cot.

Play and use baby bouncer and other fun items

Travel in a stroller with a parent

The sims 4 babies are stuck in one item and can' t leave that item or travel.
    They can't be changed . No clothing or hair.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

garapoes wrote: »

What is "Free babies"?

I think she means more interaction outside the crib.

Oh, that makes sense, thanks!