The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 20 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

What expansion should i BUy

«1
B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
hey guys Lyfe here . so have been expanding my sims 4 game slowly but surely ..i only have a couple of expansions, game, pack , and stuff pack until im complete .. so with that being said i'm not sure what games to get next . so i need help from fellow simmers ... so im going to create three different polls one for , expansions, game pack,and stuff pack .... o i can make my bundle ...thanks in advance to all that helps

What expansion should i BUy 125 votes

Island living
6%
love7680PlayerSinger2010sam123smurf45blueBabykittyjadeEnkiSchmidtSimsCat84kostasmpi 8 votes
cats and dogs
29%
Colorist40CamkatxMintmcruddMagdaleenaJonathan777KhrisstyneTokamiCheekybitsChampandGirlieannaliese39emilyraemeowjoleacoBearpal64RedShoe7MoonSimkaylin205poltergeistbirdonawireSoulslie 37 votes
get famous
22%
GalacticGalIceyJsillehbeekeekee53StrangerthanThunderbat87alanmichael1CyazuraiTenchi2aLadyKynbixtersLemon405Loves2draw1812Sigzy05AineYBNS2468PotterheadSimNite0wlzHopeyStarrChazzzy 28 votes
Get Together
41%
GoldmoldaricmnfrshJadeleineLaBlue0314alexspoom13BlkBarbiegalimhappyelanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83Vageniusbarracuda1574wamayelitaydevFroilAPottsSelinaKylesFelicity1169DevilNDisguiseSummerStreak 52 votes

Comments

  • SimsCat84SimsCat84 Posts: 63 Member
    edited December 2019
    Island living
    It is not easy to answer. That's why I write extensively. (and because I'm currently bored, lol :D )

    At the moment (and only from my perspective today) I would say Island living. Because I love the world and culture, and I like to travel there with my sims in the summer and pretend we're on vacation. It´s fun.
    But that's also because I have played all the other packs so much that I now pay attention to other aspects.

    The fact is: IL has the lowest gameplay. For someone who doesn´t have many packs I would recommend to buy another pack first.

    I would say "Get famous" has the most gameplay, but since the latest patch the acting career has been bugged and is currently unplayable according to other players. ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/m-p/8533570#M115107 )

    If this career is important for you , then I would wait with the pack. If not, and if you love the celeb and fame life then buy it ... everything else except that career works just fine. You can get famous from everything- you don´t have to be an actor.

    I love animals in real life, but in the game I find them very stressful and very time consuming. So I haven't played with them for months. So if you put more emphasis on experiencing a lot with your sims, then I wouldn't want a pet.

    So all that remains is "get together". The pack is all about partying. The dances are cool, but eventually they become monotonous. The clubs are fun. And Windenburg is one of the largest and most beautiful worlds alongside sulani (IL) and brindleton bay (C&D).

    Summarized:

    Island living: Little gameplay, but wonderful world, lots of culture and holiday feeling.

    Get famous: A lot of gameplay, but currently broken acting career.

    Cats & dogs: Big, beautiful world, animals are cute animated but very time consuming.

    Get together: Everything is just a whole party. :D

    I´ll choose IL in your poll because it is my current favorite of the 4 packs. But it's a matter of taste.
    YOU have to decide which factor is most important to you. Everyone plays differently.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 6,333 Member
    get famous
    Get Island Living if you want boats and open water to swim in.

    Get Get Together if you want the club system.

    Get Cats & Dogs if you want those. The world is nice, rains a lot though.

    I personally recommend Get Famous. I like the acting career, the world, and the Buy Build objects.
    Origin ID : ChazzzyGOAT
    Recommended Mods : http://chazzzygoat.tumblr.com
  • B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    SimsCat84 wrote: »
    It is not easy to answer. That's why I write extensively. (and because I'm currently bored, lol :D )

    At the moment (and only from my perspective today) I would say Island living. Because I love the world and culture, and I like to travel there with my sims in the summer and pretend we're on vacation. It´s fun.
    But that's also because I have played all the other packs so much that I now pay attention to other aspects.

    The fact is: IL has the lowest gameplay. For someone who doesn´t have many packs I would recommend to buy another pack first.

    I would say "Get famous" has the most gameplay, but since the latest patch the acting career has been bugged and is currently unplayable according to other players. ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/m-p/8533570#M115107 )

    If this career is important for you , then I would wait with the pack. If not, and if you love the celeb and fame life then buy it ... everything else except that career works just fine. You can get famous from everything- you don´t have to be an actor.

    I love animals in real life, but in the game I find them very stressful and very time consuming. So I haven't played with them for months. So if you put more emphasis on experiencing a lot with your sims, then I wouldn't want a pet.

    So all that remains is "get together". The pack is all about partying. The dances are cool, but eventually they become monotonous. The clubs are fun. And Windenburg is one of the largest and most beautiful worlds alongside sulani (IL) and brindleton bay (C&D).

    Summarized:

    Island living: Little gameplay, but wonderful world, lots of culture and holiday feeling.

    Get famous: A lot of gameplay, but currently broken acting career.

    Cats & dogs: Big, beautiful world, animals are cute animated but very time consuming.

    Get together: Everything is just a whole party. :D

    I´ll choose IL in your poll because it is my current favorite of the 4 packs. But it's a matter of taste.
    YOU have to decide which factor is most important to you. Everyone plays differently.


    ok first off its cool that you write extensively lol ..( i'm bored too )

    i just wanna say thanks for the in depth review of all the packs.

    I was was stuck between Get famous, Cats& dogs, and Island living, Get together seemed cool but didn't appeal to me the way the others did. Whats cool is that you hit th nail on the head with the Cats and Dog review, the reasons why i didn't want that one bis because i remember how time consuming and frustrating sometimes the pets can be from other previous sims games. The reason is ..BECAUSE I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ANIMALS!!! LOL. Thanks for telling me about the GF bug because i really wanted to try out the acting career so thats a deal breaker for me :/:( . An last but not least IL I think Sulani is beautiful and i like the idea of looking at it like a vacation spot for sims from other towns. But i just miss the idea of a house boat like they had in TS3. But the better mermaids in IL kind of made up for that to me.

    Pretty much what i ultimately was trying to do is create a bundle on origin and i didn't know what expansion,stuff,and game pack i should get so maybe since your super bored you can help these are the packs i'm currently missing that i'm choosing to create a bundle with

    Expansions packs:

    The one stated above in the poll

    Game Packs
    1.Spa day
    2. Strangerville
    3. Vampires
    4. Jungle Adventure

    Stuff Packs:
    1.Romantic Garden
    2. Toddler
    3. Back Yard
    4. Cool Kitchen ( not really interested i have a lot of cool kitchen CC lol)
    5. Bowling
    6. Perfect Patio
    7. Spooky
    8. Fitness
    9. Moschino
    10. Vintage Glamour (not really interested)
    11. My First Pet Stuff

    What Bundle would You create Using the Packs Listed above
  • B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Get Island Living if you want boats and open water to swim in.

    Get Get Together if you want the club system.

    Get Cats & Dogs if you want those. The world is nice, rains a lot though.

    I personally recommend Get Famous. I like the acting career, the world, and the Buy Build objects.

    Thanks for the quick review..and sheesh is rains alot in cats &dogs ..i didn't kno that lol
  • B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    And the Votes are tied up so far lol
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    cats and dogs
    cd and gf are my favorites. island living was a stuff pack to me, a very beautiful stuff pack.
    gt is alright.
    the pets in cd are not time consuming at all. get a bowl that autofills daily and give them attention occasionally and they are fine.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2019
    get famous
    For me it's between Get Together and Get Famous.

    Get Famous has quite a lot of gameplay in it and I love the CAS & Build/buy. Real fancy and expensive items for sims living up that rich life. Definitely not a boring moment in the game when you have a celebrity walk on a lot or your sim starts getting to that second star of fame you'll see fans screaming and clapping as well as paparazzi. Having a famous sim they can get certain quirks that are pretty interesting and fun to have like (Only wanting to eat Excellent Quality meals, addicted to juice, having a stan, looking in a mirror due to being vain, etc). There's the acting career, which is active which is paired with the acting skill. Your sim can pretty much be a youtuber of sorts and record and post videos or even make music and get royalties for it. Not just not limited with adults as younger sims like children can also be famous from it (or famous from your famous parents). The value is a nice addition which you can put your sims money in. Enough of it in there and you can woohoo in it with another. :p

    Get Together is a really good EP too. Focus's more on young adult and up of course with that party aspect. Once again CAS and Build/buy is lovely. The world for Widenburgh is huge, compared to Del Sol Valley as there's just 12 lots I believe? Sims will be inviting yours out to clubs and rando dance parties in the bluffs. A plus with sims being able to have a club of sorts to go to, dance and socialize in. Dj'ing skill and the dancing skill. A closet and a bush your sims can woohoo in. There's portable bars and big bonfires for sims to dance around or just socialize. Cafe's are introduced in this pack as well for a new lot type. There's a diving platform in case you were missing diving boards.The club system is a great customization feature in this pack that carries over to almost every pack that's been made and it's fun to manipulate and use.

    You really can't go wrong with either of them as they both have some very good gameplay.

    C&D is okay, if you like animals (animals are super cute in this pack) and think a veterinarian career sounds awesome. The world is big and nice and CAS and build/buy is goo (though leaning a bit more towards furry friends just a bit).

    IL not really heavy in gameplay but the world is beautiful and I really love the career and oddjobs that cam with it as well as more part time jobs. CAS and build/buy was nailed nicely. Take my sims to the beach on and of again for vacation, but nothing too deep with gameplay. Then you have mermaids which are a nice addition and if you'r into more occults. If you live in Sulani the neighbors are really friendly (they bring over food to your sims if your sims hunger bar is pretty low) and will run to your lot if there's a fire to help put it out. I love the big ocean parts of it, but I feel like there could have been some more to it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 564 Member
    Get Together
    I'm trying to think of features that make Get Together stand out besides clubs, but it's one of those packs that after owning for awhile you start to forget what's part of the pack and what's base game. Windenburg is gorgeous and the CAS and BB are very good.
  • SoulslieSoulslie Posts: 4 New Member
    cats and dogs
    I'd suggest buying cats and dogs because it offered so much imo. If you're not an animal person, my second offer would be to buy get together. That pack offered sooo much and it's definitely not the type of thing you'd get bored of easily.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,102 Member
    cats and dogs
    C&D if you want pets. If not, Get Together. The club system can be really fun.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 4,202 Member
    get famous
    Get Famous has the most interesting gameplay of the four. IL should be bought at a sale.
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    get famous
    Get together was my least favorite and such a let down. After you try it the interactions for clubs feels very limited.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,024 Member
    get famous
    Get Famous has the most interesting gameplay of the four. IL should be bought at a sale.

    The TRUTH.
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
  • KissarahKissarah Posts: 46 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together is easily one of the best packs of the series. Outside of the Club system, which I personally don't play with often, the world it comes with is absolutely beautiful. Three distinctive and stunning neighborhoods, some of my personal favorite Maxis townies, and some of the best CAS and buildmode content in the game.
    If you have City Living already, since I don't see it on this list, and it was a pack you enjoyed, then you absolutely need this one.
  • B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    Kissarah wrote: »
    Get Together is easily one of the best packs of the series. Outside of the Club system, which I personally don't play with often, the world it comes with is absolutely beautiful. Three distinctive and stunning neighborhoods, some of my personal favorite Maxis townies, and some of the best CAS and buildmode content in the game.
    If you have City Living already, since I don't see it on this list, and it was a pack you enjoyed, then you absolutely need this one.

    I do have citty living so that is a good idea i think i have made my decision
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 2,501 Member
    Get Together
    The parties, objects & Windenburg are great.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 5,518 Member
    edited December 2019
    Get Together
    I have them all except Sulani (I tried Cats and Dogs when it came out free for PS4 and am so glad I don't have it on PC, I found it annoying) and if I could only have one, Get Together would be that one.

    Next in line is City Living because apartment living and a downtown scene with hoops, food stalls, etc and even vermin-infested cheap apartments, takes me back to my formative years of apartment living in a major city. Plus with money cheats (or if your Sim can actually afford them) the penthouse at Torendi Towers is great, and so are the high-end apartments in the rich district. And you get political actitivites like participating in rallies, supporting causes, or even going for political careers of many sorts.

    Seasons goes great with Get Together because snow in Windenburg just has to be, plus when it's snowy on the bluffs, it looks like where I live now, in winter. I couldn't enjoy my teen and young adult sims without the raves at the Ancient Ruins, on the bluffs, and at the Discoteque, plus closet makeout sessions are the best.
    Raising an avi flag in honor of Transgender Awareness Week, chose this one because I prefer it over the genderization of pink and blue. Remembering the Great Gingerbread Massacre. They did not fall in vain. BTTYmSB.jpg
    My pronouns are they/them and he/him

  • munroelemunroele Posts: 281 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together! The build/buy is incredible! Windenburg is huge, and gorgeous, and the club system is amazing, and easy to utilise! Seriously, go with GT. It is applicable to every save you use, while GF is primarily only usable if you want an actor or famous Sim, cats and Dogs are stressful to look after and Island Living is a bit empty. The world and CAS is beautiful, but definitely not as usable as the other packs.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,190 Member
    cats and dogs
    Cats and Dogs added the most game play, for me, just about every sim in my games have pets. The world is also well done.

    IL would be a close second for me (I'm the unpopular opinion I know! haha), it's gorgeous and fun (for me) to live in a fantasy tropical paradise since it's so far different from my wet/cold home in real life. It's not enough content worth a full expansion price though, get it on sale.

    Get Together sounded great, and the people in this thread make it sound great also but for me, it was a huge disappointment. Maybe that building style is my everyday so it didn't impress me, I dunno, but I certainly didn't feel like it deserved the hype. Clubs are useful at times though and I appreciate having the option for them.

    Get Famous I never bothered with. I HATED the celebrities in TS3 and the paparazzi, even with the option turned off, they still intruded into every game. I was worried this iteration would execute them in the same way and from the sounds of it, I was perfectly right to skip this pack and it was everything I feared it would be.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,190 Member
    cats and dogs
    B_lyfe919 wrote: »
    SimsCat84 wrote: »
    It is not easy to answer. That's why I write extensively. (and because I'm currently bored, lol :D )

    At the moment (and only from my perspective today) I would say Island living. Because I love the world and culture, and I like to travel there with my sims in the summer and pretend we're on vacation. It´s fun.
    But that's also because I have played all the other packs so much that I now pay attention to other aspects.

    The fact is: IL has the lowest gameplay. For someone who doesn´t have many packs I would recommend to buy another pack first.

    I would say "Get famous" has the most gameplay, but since the latest patch the acting career has been bugged and is currently unplayable according to other players. ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/m-p/8533570#M115107 )

    If this career is important for you , then I would wait with the pack. If not, and if you love the celeb and fame life then buy it ... everything else except that career works just fine. You can get famous from everything- you don´t have to be an actor.

    I love animals in real life, but in the game I find them very stressful and very time consuming. So I haven't played with them for months. So if you put more emphasis on experiencing a lot with your sims, then I wouldn't want a pet.

    So all that remains is "get together". The pack is all about partying. The dances are cool, but eventually they become monotonous. The clubs are fun. And Windenburg is one of the largest and most beautiful worlds alongside sulani (IL) and brindleton bay (C&D).

    Summarized:

    Island living: Little gameplay, but wonderful world, lots of culture and holiday feeling.

    Get famous: A lot of gameplay, but currently broken acting career.

    Cats & dogs: Big, beautiful world, animals are cute animated but very time consuming.

    Get together: Everything is just a whole party. :D

    I´ll choose IL in your poll because it is my current favorite of the 4 packs. But it's a matter of taste.
    YOU have to decide which factor is most important to you. Everyone plays differently.


    ok first off its cool that you write extensively lol ..( i'm bored too )

    i just wanna say thanks for the in depth review of all the packs.

    I was was stuck between Get famous, Cats& dogs, and Island living, Get together seemed cool but didn't appeal to me the way the others did. Whats cool is that you hit th nail on the head with the Cats and Dog review, the reasons why i didn't want that one bis because i remember how time consuming and frustrating sometimes the pets can be from other previous sims games. The reason is ..BECAUSE I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ANIMALS!!! LOL. Thanks for telling me about the GF bug because i really wanted to try out the acting career so thats a deal breaker for me :/:( . An last but not least IL I think Sulani is beautiful and i like the idea of looking at it like a vacation spot for sims from other towns. But i just miss the idea of a house boat like they had in TS3. But the better mermaids in IL kind of made up for that to me.

    Pretty much what i ultimately was trying to do is create a bundle on origin and i didn't know what expansion,stuff,and game pack i should get so maybe since your super bored you can help these are the packs i'm currently missing that i'm choosing to create a bundle with

    Expansions packs:

    The one stated above in the poll

    Game Packs
    1.Spa day
    2. Strangerville
    3. Vampires
    4. Jungle Adventure

    Stuff Packs:
    1.Romantic Garden
    2. Toddler
    3. Back Yard
    4. Cool Kitchen ( not really interested i have a lot of cool kitchen CC lol)
    5. Bowling
    6. Perfect Patio
    7. Spooky
    8. Fitness
    9. Moschino
    10. Vintage Glamour (not really interested)
    11. My First Pet Stuff

    What Bundle would You create Using the Packs Listed above

    I didn't see this part until after I posted. Personally, I would pick Cats and Dogs, Vampires (Strangerville a close second for the scenery, the story is old after one play through) and Toddler Stuff (that age bracket really needed the extra items IMO).

    ONLY get My First Pet Stuff if you buy Cats and Dogs. Most items in there will be for your pets. Personally I love this pack too but I know a lot hate it. I like having the pocket pets in my game though too and nearly all of my households end up with one.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • AineAine Posts: 2,616 Member
    get famous
    If you like the idea of making clubs, then Get Together has the superior amount of content - the biggest world, a lot of objects etc. I voted for Get Famous because it changes the game the most of the packs, but it depends - I don't use clubs that much, but I use the fame system a lot, so that's why I voted for that.
    Allons-y!

    ---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,730 Member
    cats and dogs
    Cats and Dogs is definitely the best choice (out of what I have, I don't have Get Together either). The world is gorgeous, and I love making pets. It suits pretty much any playstyle, there's really no going wrong.
    tumblr_n1yxrjxXD81toamj8o1_500.gif
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,764 Member
    How can you recommend any of them they are all meh.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    How can you recommend any of them they are all meh.

    so which ones are not as you say it "meh"
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,764 Member
    B_lyfe919 wrote: »
    How can you recommend any of them they are all meh.

    so which ones are not as you say it "meh"
    They are all meh but I haven't had a pack interest me or keep me playing so I guess if you were to get any Get Famous. I thought Discover University would inspire me to play more none of the packs have enough to do in them.

    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top