Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will Expansion Pack 9 be ?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    Farming or Hot Date.

Farming would actually go amazingly well with the knitting SP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SillyHvoeSillyHvoe Posts: 4 New Member
    A robot or future type of expansion
  • DezzyFoxDezzyFox Posts: 13 New Member
    Farming would be great, and it'd be a brand new experience too, since it hasn't been done in any Sims game yet.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm curious to know if it will be one of these themes :
    • Bon Voyage / World Adventures : Asia, Egypt and Greece as vacation destinations
    • FreeTime
    • Generations : Prom, pillow fights, strollers, ...
    • Showtime : Band, ...
    • Supernatural : Genie, zombie, werewolf, ...
    • Into The Future / Lunar Lakes
    • Dragon Valley
    • Farming / Country Living
    • Winter World
    • Amusement Park / Fun fair
  • sparklilisparklili Posts: 29 Member
    im guessing a generations type pack or freetime. Maybe along with a babies update
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    DezzyFox wrote: »
    Farming would be great, and it'd be a brand new experience too, since it hasn't been done in any Sims game yet.

Actually, it's been already done in TS3, but it didn't have its own pack.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Either Farming or Generations, for sure. I wouldn't mind generations, but this community has a strange love of virtual chores.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2019
    Either Farming or Generations, for sure. I wouldn't mind generations, but this community has a strange love of virtual chores.
    Farming is more than chores, to be fair. Gardening is a very common hobby, we'll get a type of atmosphere that's different from the usual fair, and we get to take care of animals. And seriously - with no references to dragons or anything - we really need more animals. After Sims 3 did so well with its Pets expansion, Sims 4 really needs to catch up with animals and pets for us to care for.

Super-duper want Generations, but IIRC they wanted to piecemeal it into multiple Game Packs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Farming for sure
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Winter vecation pack and farming expansion pack. Plenty of hints....
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Farming is more than chores, to be fair. Gardening is a very common hobby, we'll get a type of atmosphere that's different from the usual fair, and we get to take care of animals. And seriously - with no references to dragons or anything - we really need more animals. After Sims 3 did so well with its Pets expansion, Sims 4 really needs to catch up with animals and pets for us to care for.

Super-duper want Generations, but IIRC they wanted to piecemeal it into multiple Game Packs.

Yeah, I know, but Farming still has a lot of chores. And we got Laundry last time there was a CSPV (Community Stuff Pack Vote, make this a thing please), and I've seen way several people request vacuuming and yard work... it's very weird to me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I am hoping for something like farming or hobbies.
    Whatever it is, I hope it adds things for the whole family and that it's not modern young adult centered.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I wouldn't mind farming if they add ship animals to the slaughter for meat. If you are going to raise the same animal forever, I don't want it. I want to be able to make cheese. I want to be able to make nectar. I want to be able to make butter. I want a ton of new recipes too. We surely better be able to milk cows and get eggs from chickens. A farmers market event and a county fair to show off your animals or enter in your best food dishes would be nice too.

I also am looking for a vacation pack because I want hotels. I also want the ability to place hotels in any world.(this honestly could be a gamepack)

If they are going to do showtime, I must have a proper singer career and I really want a modeling career. I was disappointed these two were not in get famous.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind farming if they add ship animals to the slaughter for meat.

That makes me want farming even less, and I already was cringing at the idea.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The sims4 slaughtering animals?? :D:D nope. Not gonna happen.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited December 2019

What about the steak shrub from TS3, better?

Seriously now, I understand why it could be an issue in a game tagged as 12+. Then, I also know that home-grown meat tastes the best - back from the time when my grandparents had some chickens and turkeys. The question is how would it had to be approached to not be too shocking for today's city teens who aren't likely to have such contact with reality. Sure, there's a way to do it off-screen - such as a barn you can't see into but then, many people would complain about another passive object.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Seriously now, I understand why it could be an issue in a game tagged as 12+. Then, I also know that home-grown meat tastes the best - back from the time when my grandparents had some chickens and turkeys. The question is how would it had to be approached to not be too shocking for today's city teens who aren't likely to have such contact with reality. Sure, there's a way to do it off-screen - such as a barn you can't see into but then, many people would complain about another passive object.

People are well aware that animals are killed for slaughter. Even "city teens". Doesn't mean we need to see it in a game. I don't want that in the game just like I don't want RL diseases like cancer.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I'm a vegetarian myself. But I have nothing against that being in the game since it's a real life every day occurence. It's not even that teens can't handle it, it's the simmers who would complain about animal cruelty. Like the dog house situation we had. And the disabilities debate they have going on. So I just think it's one of those things they wouldn't bother getting into in the first place.

Maybe something off screen is possible as you suggested. 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well then I don't want farming. I mean the slaughter house is part of the farming experience in my opinion. We don't have to see the actual slaughter. Send the animal off and meat appears in your mailbox. If it is just going to be gardening 3.0, feeding chickens and possibly milking a cow they can keep it. I want a reason to breed animals.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited December 2019
    It becomes more difficult to guess what will happen now.
    All the popular main themes were released.

Maybe it's time to surprise us with new themes.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Generations. There's been no new family gameplay at all this year and the non-YA lifestages were already super lacking. It's only becoming more and more blatant. A Generations EP to give new gameplay to non-YAs is a must at this point.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member

Amusement Park World Expansion - A new world with different Vacation activities relating to parks with rides. Disney land and Six flags style.
    The only challenge with this pack would be the animations they'd have to create for rollercoasters and rides.

Sports Expansion - Another challenging pack, I don't think The Sims does well trying to animate things that move really fast. Especially animating the bodies of all the sim players.

Space Expansion - We've seen odd expansions such as The Sims 3 into the future, This space one would be beautiful and you can visit the moon and walk on it in low gravity also live in your own house on the moon. Maybe some fun research careers involved.

Superhero and Villains Expansion
    - This would essentially be like The Sims 3 Supernatural. It would introduce different kinds of powers your sim can have and you can create and customize your own style. A new in depth career would let you go around on jobs Similar to the cop career, to save sims, stop villains, battle, and team up with others.

Cars Game Pack - Sadly I really believe Maxis is going to make money off of everyone's want to have cars in the game. It will probably be decently done though and with a game pack maybe have a lot more stuff such as a car dealership and other locations car related.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I’d like Generations or farming. And cars.
  • AntiPrincess88AntiPrincess88 Posts: 7 New Member
    Instead of city living; why not country living or small town living. Farming/ranching with an array of livestock and crops. Small town shops, farmers market, and state fairs. For laughs lawn mower racing; with is huge in my small town world...
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Well, the next expansion I could see as being farming or something else completely new. GP I could see winter vacation or equestrian/horses (unless they were in farming).
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990