Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want another pack like Strangerville

TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
Would you like another pack based on one or multiple linear storylines?

Do you want another pack like Strangerville 278 votes

Yes
30%
CK213LeGardePourpreIceyJAprilDawndanacnbrettmcruddIrdiwensimgirl1010friendlysimmersalanmichael1sprengel45ldmarkomlmeadowsdetermigwrenstalessmurf45bluecVeeRamblineRoseemereDragonAge_300905 85 votes
Yes, but only if they are more than one and longer
21%
Akl500PicmnfrshJeanGRIMMYIcewolfLaBlue0314scudbums92Isb917JnyxMsShaShasafersaviourashcrash19yuppDaemonPawsHarukotyanGracieO312SweetieWright_84doogerierambahadoerFelicity1169 61 votes
No
47%
auroraael14catmom1987Goldmoldarrudy8292LukeKita5399CheesySimsLoveralexspoom13alan650111lakireCabelle1863magooo63PseudonymslisamwittoveronAnnie2008candystormPlayerSinger2010keekee53candy8 132 votes

Comments

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Yes
    Also can someone please move this to speculation? I put it here by accident and I dont know hot to transfer it myself.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    It would depend on the subject matter for me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Not like StrangerVille, but a story progress quest.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes
    Gimme all the packs!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No
    No.... I barely even touched Strangerville. I did not enjoy it in the slightest, weakest GP imo. 1, there was very little gameplay, 2 the story was too short, boring and it lacked depth (even for a sims story I mean), 3 the story goals were very repetitive and boring, 4 I tend to not use Strangerville to avoid seeing the possessed sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    No
    I had great fun with the story and while playing through it I was more open to another story pack. But I've never replayed it and my main use of the pack is the Military career and the Build/Buy items.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I want multiple endings this time.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No
    No. I played it once, then just ignore Strangerville, period, in all my saves. Pointless pack. The only pack worse is Outdoor retreat, which is
    basically designed to be as boring as possible.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Yes
    I LOVED playing it. I had the perfect Sim for it and she had fun. Not sure how I will play it in the future.

It was a fun side quest to play and the rest of the pack was fantastic.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    I put together a team and had a blast.👏👏👏 I plan to play through again. I don't think it lacked depth and the storyline kept me guessing. But I'm not a movie watcher so maybe that's why.

The only thing I wish they did different was give it multiple endings and different ways to take the story for more replay value. But I would definitely welcome more strange packs. I have a sim living in the trailer park now.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Yes
    But...
    only if a Sim's personality and skills have a strong impact on the adventure, so that each journey feels unique depending on the sim.
    Basically I want a pack with replay value.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    Absolutely not! I hate that I can't turn off the weird stuff without a mod.

Look, I like occult game play, but I do NOT like zombies, and that's what Strangerville reminds me of. Plus, I don't like that the game is telling me what to do. The Sims isn't supposed to be that sort of game - it's supposed to be a sandbox game where I have control!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    No
    I have Strangerville and the only thing I like about it is the addition of "strange tunes" (some of them...one of them sounds like Big Bopper..ugh) and the Quirky Albuquerque vibe/scenery.

Preset-mission RPG without even different outcomes are BORING and only playable once. That's antithetical to what TheSims is all about (open-ended, sandbox, create your own stories).

If it's gonna be Zelda, they have a lot of work to do trying to make it Zelda, but I think that would be the wrong place to direct so much talent and time.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    No
    No thank you. I personally prefer to create my own stories and more open versatile gameplay.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    No
    Enjoyed Strangerville.
    Nice experiment, trendy zombie-apocalypse stuff, cool funny animations.
    But don't need more, thanks :)
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I did enjoy the story, it was a refreshing change at the time and I had my hometown hero's son reawaken the mother later. It doesn't have much in terms of replay value beyond that, but it still has some nice features I use frequently.

If a similar concept came out I would want multiple endings and a longer story overall. These would be nice one-offs every now and then, not something to replace how our packs are overall. And I'll also say careers that are important to players shouldn't be put behind pay walls of pack styles not everyone enjoys. I may have enjoyed Strangerville, but acknowledge that many did not, but had desperately wanted the military career back.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    Definitely! I love Strangerville! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    No
    🙄 it’s unrealistic but they should make a stories-pack team. There’s so much left to do that’s normal Sims style that I feel irked when resources go towards rando stuff.

I love everything Sims but tried the story-centric Sims Freeplay once and hated it.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    If they were to make another pack like Strangerville, I would like to see branching story lines. That would add a bunch of replayability.
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    Yes
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > It would depend on the subject matter for me.

Agreed! Just depends what content and theme it would be
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    Yes
    I miss Story progression in the Sims, such as the old Council Sims games. But Strangerville could have been longer.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Yes
    I'd love more story aspirations. Or stories with multiple endings (which would probably require some sort of new setup - unless there was a way to do it with aspirations)

I personally loved the Strangerville story, and while the story points are linear, I've crafted multiple narratives about the particulars of why and how my sims are exploring the events. (I've played through it multiple times, just started the third play in the same save)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    The Strangerville pack destroyed the sandbox story mode. So I no I never want a pack like that again.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    No
    No. The concept doesn't interest me. I prefer open-ended sandbox play.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    No
    I don't enjoy quests in TS4, so no, I wouldn't necessarily care for another similar pack.