Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body Hair ~ Yes or No?

Comments

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    10/10
    This will sound weird for a game that is so inclusive but as a man I would feel way more close to reality if body hair was an option like in TS3
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    1/10
    It just looked so bad in ts3...kinda scared to go down that route again. I also tend to forget about using "extra" stuff like that, like tattoos I never use either. I don't have an issue with either, just not something I think about, so I don't really care if it's there or not. Maybe my vote should've been a 5 😆
  • SoulslieSoulslie Posts: 4 New Member
    10/10
    Werewolves would be an amazing add to the game. Since we already have a wonderful mod by Luumia for body-hairs, I don't think it would be necessary for the game. I hope they do add werewolves soon, because vampires was definitely my favorite pack and if they can do a good of job for a werewolf pack, that would be ideal.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    5/10
    Honestly, I'd probably never use body hair on any of my sims. But I do agree it probably should be an option. I'm almost always for more options!
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    10/10
    For me it is 2 separate issues. I want a good variety of hairiness for males because I am tired of the Ken doll look. I always stole my brother's G.I. Joe dolls even as a kid.
    Issue 2 is I want wereWOLVES not hairy trolls. The Sims doesn't seem to be able to do it.
  • virtuoso432virtuoso432 Posts: 1 New Member
    10/10
    Tbh I think they should add body hair into this sims 4. I'll constructively respond to all the criticism against it that i've seen so far individually. If i miss a major one, feel free to respond and add more.

1; "I really dont like body hair/I think its gross looking irl so why would I want it in the sims"

I feel like this response is all about personal preference. Some people don't like body hair and thats ok (although some of the comments I've seen border on shaming people who have it). However a lot of people think it adds a level of realism to the games and more diversity for sims, allowing the simmers to more accurately see themselves and the world they live in. I could see adding an option where the game removes body hair from random sims just by clicking a button in the options (much like options for cc and autonomy).

2. "There's no way for the sims devs to make it look good/it looked terrible in TS3/ it doesn't fit the game aesthetic"

I have definitely seen a lot of custom content that makes body hair look good in my opinion (Luumia for example has been showcased many times in this forum, more on cc later), so I don't really see that as a viable argument. Also a lot of people, myself included, felt like TS3 just... didn't look good as a whole. Some people attribute that to the fact that because entire worlds were generated at once, they needed to use lower res graphics and art in order to compensate for that, and the body hair probably fell flat to some of you as a result of that (although imo they didn't look THAT bad in comparison to the rest of the game). I kind of feel like using TS3 as a reference point for how bad you think the body hair would look if incorporated is kind of an unfair comparison when you look at how much the game has changed visually in TS4.

3. "But there's already amazing CC/Mods for it people can use/ I'd rather them spend time fixing bugs than implementing body hair"

While these two things may seem unrelated, I'm gonna weave them together. I myself am tired of some of the bugs, more recently the roommate bug where they constantly leave despite having all the things they needs, and yes I would like them to be fixed. However, every time I and everyone else report these bugs or glitches, the same question and response always comes up: "Do you have mods or CC installed? If so, try disabling them and seeing if that's the cause". While its usually not the cause for me, it brings up the point that unsupported mods/cc supposedly mess with the game functionality. Many people who use cc/mods are always told to keep them up to date so they don't cause issues. But what happens when the creators of these mods don't have the time to constantly keep them up to date? While Luumia's cc is amazing, I can't say I've seen him post on his blog in a very long time (unless there's another place to find him now, in which case, PLEASE share), which leads me to believe he's no longer active. Anyone who isn't making enough money off their cc, which is unfortunately a lot of them, they probably won't continue to devote their time to it as much as they used to. Therefore, in theory, in order to fully enjoy playing the game without issue, we'd have to discontinue the use of these mods and cc, which for some people makes the game less enjoyable. I truly believe there is either a way for the dev team to either embrace mods and cc, to create this content themselves, keeping it supported, or to even hire people like Luumia to create the content for them to incorporate into the game.

PHEW.... sorry for the long response but wanted to vent about this for a second. Lemme know if i left something out. Keep Simming.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    6/10
    I don't care too much about it, but people really want it and I'm not at all opposed to them adding it. I might even end up using it more than I know.
  • ColinSawyerColinSawyer Posts: 5 New Member
    100% buy this add on
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    10/10
    > @XxAirixX said:
    > I rather have other things in game or bug fixes. I don't really care as most of the time you probably aren't really going to see or notice.
    >
    > Male sims need more clothing and hair options first.

Are you serious more hair and clothes option? I mean more is never bad thing, but this is just stupid to not go over other kind of customization in CAS, it actually enhance gameplay as much as your multiples outfits does, even if so not always on display, a man can sleep topless, go to shower nude, make exercices with shorts and tank top, swim top less and wear hot weather open shirt, with all that said, how would you not see bodyhair an actual cool feature?

Plus, Male sims does not need more clothing and hair option first, because its the very only thing we get so far in CAS. Perhaps more beards options, but nothing like bodyhair.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    10/10
    I took the plunge and use Lumia's body hair mod, and it's the best thing ever. All colors, with choices of degree of coverage in each, and a second texture for tightly curled body hair. The only thing it lacks is pit hair, and oh, what a shame! I wanna do Wolfgang Munch with mighty mighty black pit hair along with his chest patch and "highway to heaven" (or in his case, maybe highway to an AC/DC song). And you know who else needs big black pit hair? Ulrike.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    As long is it comes with werewolves.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    8/10
    It depends on the sim, I guess. It's not something I'd use all the time, but I'm open to it.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    7/10
    I don't really see myself using it much but at the same time there is few sims id like to make furballs out of so i guess it be alrighty addition

+ I also love occults so I don't mind it being packed with werewolfs tho realistic players may disagree
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    10/10
    Would definitely be open to body hair. Definitely have made many sims who'd look much more realistic if they had some.
    37mfj.png
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    10/10
    Why this isn’t available yet is beyond me.

For those who don’t want body hair, just don’t use it.

For those who want it, can use it.

Another case of The Sims going the cheap route of not offering their time/energy to patch things in and leave it to the (unpaid/volunteer) modders to spice things up.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    7/10
    It's another of those that, while I can play quite happily without it, would still be a very nice feature to have again. If it was patched in, I'd most likely use it almost all the time. If it came in, say, a werewolf gamepack then I probably wouldn't bother. Werewolves don't really appeal to me, so I'd gladly pass and the body hair just wouldn't be enough to warrant a pack I'm not that interested in.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    7/10
    I downloaded some body hair cc and rarely ever use it, so it's obviously not something I'd use a lot but I'm not opposed to it either.
    What I really want are more beard options.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    7/10
    I'd like body hair but I don't want it to look alpha. I suspect that's a tricky one to solve.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    10/10
    I'm not an alpha fan, prefer Maxis match in all my Sims games, but this looked totally fine by me.

9ZTf1XN.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    2/10
    2/10 cause I'd rather they spend their time on something else, now I wouldn't say no to a greater beard variaty, also more haircolors.
    I just feel like the hair we got now is still lacking, so maybe fix that before adding more?

that said I wouldn't mind body hair in game, I probly wouldn't use it much but it wouldn't bother me to be there as an option.
    Also I very much hope that werwolfs will have waaay better (and more) bodyhair than what one would have as a human sim...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    1/10
    This is just my preference when creating my own Sims. I've got no problem with body hair being added to the game for people who want it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    10/10
    I'd like body hair but I don't want it to look alpha. I suspect that's a tricky one to solve.
    Yeah maybe. I was having a hard time finding animated movies in which body hair was used and only one I could remember was Shrek and he sure did look fine with it.
    D6PlECBWAAENx2O.jpg

I used to not like body hair on guys, but with being attracted to Hispanic guys lately, it looks good on them. It would be adorable for teen boys to start growing body hair too and then have it grow more as they reach young adults. It would help distinguish the life stages better with body hair progression.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    10/10
    You want body hair in a life simulator game that could have it added in an update? Sorry, you'll have to wait for a pack to release and spend your €/£/¥/$ to have it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=14309258

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    10/10
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah maybe. I was having a hard time finding animated movies in which body hair was used and only one I could remember was Shrek and he sure did look fine with it.
    D6PlECBWAAENx2O.jpg

I used to not like body hair on guys, but with being attracted to Hispanic guys lately, it looks good on them. It would be adorable for teen boys to start growing body hair too and then have it grow more as they reach young adults. It would help distinguish the life stages better with body hair progression.
    Lol, I once made a taste transfer like that when I fell in love with a bearded guy (I hated beards up till then). Shreck's a good example, it actually looks like the CC body hair someone made for TS4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    10/10
    Scobre wrote: »
    Totally would love it to come in general werewolf or not and yes I am using a CC for it for now too. LumiaLoverSims just makes the best CC for guys. I still would like werewolves too.:
    0671002d3715aad511108ab0d1b6ff3d.png

I was voting 10/10 anyway but I would make it 20/10 after seeing this image. 👀😍
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬