Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    My Sim has scarpered from his rented apartment, having sold off all the furniture and smashed all the walls down and moved on with a profit! There must be some punishment for this outrage! :o
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Question: does anyone know if the thank-you cards etc that you send other Sims on thanksgiving will actually be received by said other Sim if you switched households and play them? just curious

Unfortunately I don't think so. I thought it would be cute to send the spouse a card and they lived in the same house. Nothing appears and mail doesn't appear also in the mail box :(

Thanks! And too bad
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    I didn't know you could "take photo with..." and gain a significant amount of friendship with that sim. During my sims graduation party, she took photos with all of her roomies and friends and their friendship meter doubled! Perhaps I'm just slow to realize it, or it was a glitch, but I thought that was nice.

Also, I am so glad I saw the previous post about creating memories from screenshots! I had no idea!!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I didn't know you could "take photo with..." and gain a significant amount of friendship with that sim. During my sims graduation party, she took photos with all of her roomies and friends and their friendship meter doubled! Perhaps I'm just slow to realize it, or it was a glitch, but I thought that was nice.

Also, I am so glad I saw the previous post about creating memories from screenshots! I had no idea!!

The photo thing started around the time Moschino was released, I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, lol, but I love it. You can also do "Take photo of..." and not have your Sim in the photo at all, and it'll still increase the friendship very very quickly. A Sim that was just introduced will go to "Good Friends" with one round of 5 photographs taken of them.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    From the console patch notes.
    "Did you know, you can use bb.moveobjects without disabling Achievements and Trophies?"
  • WoofyWolfzWoofyWolfz Posts: 10 New Member
    ♡ sims can be left/right handed and you can use cheats to change which hand they do (many) things with
    ♡ there is a sea monster that you can occasionally see in windenburg river
    ♡ there are literally "easter eggs".. collectible easter eggs "^^" I didn't know this, cute!!
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited December 2019
    while energised sims can give their romantic partner a vigorous massage
    jeAsheq.png
    the animation is the same as the regular massage animation though
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    jeAsheq.png

I feel that most of the emotional versions of actions are basically the same as the normal versions. Which is a shame .

I learned that Sims who have a romantic relationship at an active work lot can flirt convertly together - again it's the same as a regular flirt but still the idea is there.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    (image)

Does it make the receiver energized?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    (image)

Does it make the receiver energized?

no i don't think so
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    When you have Get Famous your sim can gain fame by using the space rocket.

Also, every time one of my sims talks to Grimmy, he's always in a flirty mood. No clue if that's a coincidence or normal.
    I didn't realize that the game auto generates Sims depending on specific lots. I just visited a restaurant my game had in the library (I'm on console) and it created the whole staff. Now that staff is in the manage world screen as NPC Sims Not In World. Same as the Sims that my Detective Sim Police Station generated. It makes sense as I'm glad my Sims didn't just get picked to represent those new positions but it's odd because Sims like the criminals in prison become available in the world.
    Laundry Day Stuff
    I didn't know that you could just click on the laundry hampers if there was dirty clothing on the floor and the option to pick up dirty clothing piles and put them in the hamper would appear. Maybe I did know but I feel if I did I forgot cause I just got excited about this lol.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff
    I didn't know that you could just click on the laundry hampers if there was dirty clothing on the floor and the option to pick up dirty clothing piles and put them in the hamper would appear. Maybe I did know but I feel if I did I forgot cause I just got excited about this lol.

Maybe because the clothes go in a hamper automatically unless they're all full or the sim in question has a Slob trait.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    I didn't know that when a romantic relationship turns sour, the sims can insult how each other are in bed.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Only like a couple of songs on certain radio stations and hate cycling through them. WELL, just go into the options and then music. Just toggle off what songs you don't like that much and you won't have to hear them playing on the sims stereo or anything else. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
    I didn't know that Sims who are Style Influencers get the option to model outfit when clicking on the mirror. It reminds of teens from Sims 2 when they used to check themselves out lol.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I didn't know when you click on the fridge, you can click on Get Off Brand Soda under the Quick Meal option.
    I didn't know when you click on the fridge, you can click on Get Off Brand Soda under the Quick Meal option.

I feel as though that is new but I could be mistaken
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member

It is new :) It came with DU.

It is new :) It came with DU.

They must have included it for basegame because console doesn't have DU yet lol 😋
  • quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    Today I found out that you can just click on a basinet and let your pregnant Sims give birth immediately...instead of waiting out the "In Labour" moodlet to finish its timer...like I have always done.

Yes I feel kinda stupid.
    quæk wrote: »
    Today I found out that you can just click on a basinet and let your pregnant Sims give birth immediately...instead of waiting out the "In Labour" moodlet to finish its timer...like I have always done.

Yes I feel kinda stupid.

Umm I definitely didn't know that! So don't feel stupid at all lol
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    OMG, it's true. The last update put a Baby Yoda statue in the game. It's called "The Child" and it's under Decorations>Statues and is a base game item. I read it was in game but finally had a look! :p

Well played developers, well played!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • LokkoLokko Posts: 1 New Member
    I played Sims for a while and only now I discovered that I can redact the second form of vampires and mermaids.

I wish I could also download the sim from the gallery and make him mermaid in CAS. Cuz right now I had to start the game and search for an in-game way to become a magical creature and all because I can't make the non-vampire sim from the gallery a vampire in the CAS. Like, just how unfair is that?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top