Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoor Enthusiast Tips

Hi all!

I'm currently exploring the outdoors with my current sim Penny. Where are the best places to explore to harvest plants, find collectibles, fish etc.?

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Hi all!

I'm currently exploring the outdoors with my current sim Penny. Where are the best places to explore to harvest plants, find collectibles, fish etc.?

Check Carl's Sims 4 site . He's got loads of maps and lists for finding all sorts of things in Sims 4.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Answers depend on which packs are available.

Both San Myshuno from City Living and Brindleton Bay from Pets have good fishing spots.
    My sims havest the most plants in their own gardens, at some festivals from Seasons and the two vacation destinations of Selvadorada and Granite Falls.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Since seasons came out it's really hard to collect wild plants by visiting different neighborhoods. They go out of season. Also, the plants don't grow unless your Sim stays in that neighborhood for a long time. It's always been that way. I just made my own community lots with gardens close to fishing spots. My Sim still has to wait around forever to harvest if I recently played another Sim who harvested. So they can go fishing for the day while the plants grow or go workout or something else. I could cheat but then what's the point of playing if everything is instant. My park from City Living has all the plants in one spot. It's a huge park perfect for a community garden but it's still a lot of time to spend on one lot. There is lots to do when you load into that lot. Many fishing spots and outdoor bar, wedding location, full kitchen, indoor bar, telescope, food stalls and more. I added a rocket and if you have outdoor retreat you sim can carry a tent and sleep wherever. I made a bedroom/honeymoon suite in the building there. I use that lot all the time. When I start a new save it the first thing I add from my gallery.
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    If youre doing the outdoor living aspiration go to Granite Falls.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    If you have outdoor retreat make sure to go in spring (if you have seasons) because of the plants.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Since seasons came out it's really hard to collect wild plants by visiting different neighborhoods. They go out of season. Also, the plants don't grow unless your Sim stays in that neighborhood for a long time. It's always been that way. I just made my own community lots with gardens close to fishing spots. My Sim still has to wait around forever to harvest if I recently played another Sim who harvested. So they can go fishing for the day while the plants grow or go workout or something else. I could cheat but then what's the point of playing if everything is instant. My park from City Living has all the plants in one spot. It's a huge park perfect for a community garden but it's still a lot of time to spend on one lot. There is lots to do when you load into that lot. Many fishing spots and outdoor bar, wedding location, full kitchen, indoor bar, telescope, food stalls and more. I added a rocket and if you have outdoor retreat you sim can carry a tent and sleep wherever. I made a bedroom/honeymoon suite in the building there. I use that lot all the time. When I start a new save it the first thing I add from my gallery.

Sounds great! Is your lot on the Gallery for downloading?
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.