Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug HELP! - Jumping to Ultra Speed

PinkiePie618PinkiePie618 Posts: 798 Member
So I'm not sure why I couldn't post in the bug section...but here I am.
I downloaded the recent patch and my game was working find for about 45 minutes. Then all of a sudden it started jumping to "ultra speed". I would slow it down and it would work for about 30 seconds before going to ultra speed. I would pause and it would pause for 30 seconds before going to ultra speed. I went back to the town center and then back in, but that didn't help.

Any other work arounds? Is this happening to anyone else?

HELP! It's ruining game play!

UPDATE: Okay so I realize it's a maid issue after finding other posts about this. So new question: how do you keep your house clean without your maid?
Post edited by PinkiePie618 on

Comments

• Options
    FrutosoFrutoso Posts: 60 Member
    Me too
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I downloaded the recent patch and my game was working find for about 45 minutes. Then all of a sudden it started jumping to "ultra speed". I would slow it down and it would work for about 30 seconds before going to ultra speed. I would pause and it would pause for 30 seconds before going to ultra speed. I went back to the town center and then back in, but that didn't help.

UPDATE: Okay so I realize it's a maid issue after finding other posts about this. So new question: how do you keep your house clean without your maid?

Personally, I don't find it hard at all for my Sims to keep their houses clean on their own (not to say that some of them don't have maids), so they tend to just clean up after themselves. They get through chores pretty fast.
    But if you're looking for a quick workaround to not using your Sims for it, maybe you can add your own "maid" to the household, as a playable Sim, and direct them to clean up messes instead, while your other Sims go about their day-to-day lives.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

I only had maid service with my one sims family because they lived in a modified Hound's Head and there were all sorts of weird places where plates and glasses would end up - some of which I couldn't see with walls down. That and my first generation of cats were scared by the laser litter box.

But since the bug (which completely messed up that save - can't even fire the maid to get it fixed - so I transplanted the family to a new save) I just let them take care of their own mess, and they generally do a good job. That and I don't mind dragging the occasional pile of dishes into the sink for them. :smile:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    You know, this didn't occur in my game until after I read this thread. I'm beginning to think I'm the one who is jinxed and not just my poor Sim. This has happened a few times to me in the past. I won't be having a problem, but then I read about one others are having, and suddenly it hits my game. Is there some sort of link? :open_mouth: Not only that, but I was able to play for an hour or two this morning and everything was fine. It was only after my decorating team left and I came back upstairs to play my game, that I noticed the sporadic, random, jumping into hyperspeed, then back to normal, wash, rinse, repeat. Oi! It's impossible to play that way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Personally, I don't find it hard at all for my Sims to keep their houses clean on their own (not to say that some of them don't have maids), so they tend to just clean up after themselves. They get through chores pretty fast.
    But if you're looking for a quick workaround to not using your Sims for it, maybe you can add your own "maid" to the household, as a playable Sim, and direct them to clean up messes instead, while your other Sims go about their day-to-day lives.

Wait, what? That certainly would explain it. I only had my Sims hire a maid this afternoon! That's when the game went bonkers. Tell me, if I fire him, will the game go back to normal? Or do I need to roll back a game save, yet again? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    So is it when the maid is there or what? I thought maybe it was when all my kids and hubby was at work that sped time but the wife was home with the toddler so I didn't understand. This is a bad bug. I have a big house with lots of kids and working parents that I need my maid. Plus I am too lazy to go around and make sure everything is clean.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member

Wait, what? That certainly would explain it. I only had my Sims hire a maid this afternoon! That's when the game went bonkers. Tell me, if I fire him, will the game go back to normal? Or do I need to roll back a game save, yet again? :open_mouth:
    Yep, fire the maid and peace shall be restored.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I wonder if it's similar to what is "supposed" to happen when all your household sims are either gone to work, school, etc and/or the remaining Sim(s) in the household go to bed and it automatically goes to ultra speed until someone wakes up or gets back home?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    > @Linzz said:
    > So is it when the maid is there or what? I thought maybe it was when all my kids and hubby was at work that sped time but the wife was home with the toddler so I didn't understand. This is a bad bug. I have a big house with lots of kids and working parents that I need my maid. Plus I am too lazy to go around and make sure everything is clean.

What I've found odd, and a bit irritating, is when I go and play a different one of my households for awhile, several in-game days, then come back to my other one, pretty well everything that can break is broken. Sinks, toilets, showers, TV, computers, stove, stereos, etc... I even made sure to get a handiness skill on a couple characters nearly maxed out. Plus they have a couple million simoleons. They could just pay to replace it if they're too lazy to fix it all, lol!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    This happens in my game too now. I have never used any mods or hacks or anything. I have tried to go out of the game and back in, restart the computer etc. Even if I just pause the game it jumps back to full speed. It totally ruins my game (I am playing a legacy, last generation).😳

Has anyone of you been able to fix it?
  • Options
    elram76elram76 Posts: 61 Member
    Bandak wrote: »
    This happens in my game too now. I have never used any mods or hacks or anything. I have tried to go out of the game and back in, restart the computer etc. Even if I just pause the game it jumps back to full speed. It totally ruins my game (I am playing a legacy, last generation).😳

Firing the maid worked for me! Hope it works for you also.
  • Options
    Between the AHQ thread and the ones here, it definitely seems to be the maid, and the best way to get it to stop is to Fire the maid when they're on your lot causing the problem. I had to mash the hotkeys (0 for pause, 1 for normal speed) to get the game to slow down enough to get it done, and it still took two sim-hours with me waiting and the camera aimed at the mailbox.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I can never catch the maid to fire him - he is very sneaky!
  • Options
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

Yep, fire the maid and peace shall be restored.

Thank you! Does anyone know if the Butler is also buggy? This is a filthy rich family with over §500,000 in their family account. Seems to me, they should hire help. I finally decided to do it when I saw the Dad walking around cleaning up the dirty dishes that keep getting placed on just about any surface imaginable. Trouble with having four teens and a child, I suppose. Not that the teens don't do a fair amount of clean-up all on their own, but Mom is Erratic and spends her time telling herself stories and whatnot, plus she's busy painting excellent paintings when she's not busy entertaining herself. She's a hoot.
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I just got this glitch in my game. But also, my sims can't shower, they can only take bubble baths, the bar doesn't go up.
    I patched my game today. Frustrating!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    I just got this glitch in my game. But also, my sims can't shower, they can only take bubble baths, the bar doesn't go up.
    I patched my game today. Frustrating!

Yes, there is a glitch with the combo bath/showers. There's already a thread on it at AHQ. You should try over there.
  • Options
    elram76 wrote: »
    Bandak wrote: »

Firing the maid worked for me! Hope it works for you also.

Yes, it worked. Found I could do without the maid. Phew! Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Also got the shower glitch, but I expect it to be fixed soon (Friday?). It only occurs in some of the showers anyway.
  • Options
    > @Bandak said:
    > Also got the shower glitch, but I expect it to be fixed soon (Friday?). It only occurs in some of the showers anyway.

Yes. I had to do the shift-click on a SIM character in the shower and use the "reset object Debug" option because of that shower/bathtub glitch. I never noticed the glitch until today, just a few hours ago. It was an NPC hired caterer for a birthday party (One of my controlled characters in a different household), but nearly an in-game day long after the party, she was still in the shower and making the sounds of being hungry and tiered, OMG! Not a serious glitch. But I removed that bathtub/shower hybrid for now in all my households, or at least sealed them off with walls. Heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    How did you get this bug I must have it the normal gameplay speeds are always too slow for me! 😝
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    If you don't have a maid you won't get the bug:
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    If you don't have a maid you won't get the bug:

As said Nick, also no hapen when your maid come and all your sims are at the lot
  • Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »

Go through the phone the way you did to hire your maid. From there, cancel services. That's what I did. Problem resolved. :)
  • Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »

Since cancelling service didn't work for me (I still got the jump at the time the maid would appear) I prepared for it. I know the maid usually arrives at the mailbox and "checks in" before starting duties, so I pointed my camera at the mailbox with a household sim reading nearby. as soon as the maid arrived and the time jump hit, I mashed the pause key (0 - zero) while telling my sim to fire the maid and cancelling their current action.

Took almost 2 sim hours because of the high speed, but it worked. :smile:
  • Options
    EdeliniEdelini Posts: 14 New Member
    Having the same problem, but was wondering if Gardner helper is part of the maid group (if that makes sense). Cause it’s kinda messing with my baby challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top