Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you so much @AliSim19 and @Taoron :)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Thanks @AliSim19 and @Taoron. Yes it is sunken just a little.
    image.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Taoron what a lovely compliment! Thank you so much 😊
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #132 - Triple the Joy

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Expert.
    LOT:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B13B194C1C8411EA82772495E2BB44F7?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2000.
    LOT NAME: Sporting Space, Brindleton Bay
    GALLERY COST: 62975.
    TOTAL COST: 64975.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qZiCzVz
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Angevin family were overjoyed when they bought this little, green wooden home in Brindleton Bay. It has a beautiful big dogwoo tree in the yard and even has a basement! However they were even more overjoyed when they found out they were expecting triplets! The home was a little on the small side for that family expantion though. So there's been some space added to the small home, in brick. On one side a large space has been added to make 3 large bedrooms for the kids. On the first floor as to not make Holly's parents go up 2 floors to get to the babies! And on the other side some space has been added to make the kitchen and living space larger (Plus a little shed on the front of the house). On the 2nd floor the small rooms has been transformed into a large bedroom for the parents (with en-suite) and a large office for Holly. And last but not least, the basement has been transformed into an apartment for Holly's parents. They have their own kitchen and living/dining area. A nice bedroom and bathroom. They also have a private entrance to their little apartment and also a staircase going directly into the rest of the home. The backyard still has the big lovely tree, and some nice seating area's. Also a little veggie garden plus play corner for the kids when they get a little older!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:  None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Ipx2AN0.png
    MYHXZEW.png

edited December 2019
    @Devilariah, your house is stunning! Hard to believe you came in so far under budget. I love the roofline and front path.
    image.png
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Wow @Devilariah Very cool build. I had to laugh when you called it "this little, green wooden home" while I was staring at the Angevin Compound! =) I love the warm, natural feel of the interior. So very spacious with a lot of room to grow. Very nice.
    @Devilariah This is fantastic! Sooo much space and so lovely inside I had to double check your build cost lol, amazing job <3
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Thnx @SimTresa, @Taoron and @AliSim19 =D

Debug for life!
    Free landscaping, fencing,clutter and lights is amazing.
    The lights (inside and outside) alone would have cost me about 4000-5000, now it's all freeeee =D
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Build-n-Share is going to go on hiatus over the holidays. We'll be back in January with some brand new challenges for you. In the meantime, feel free to share your holiday and winter builds with us!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    A bit of topic: There is a new indie-game on steam called Paralives. It seems to function similarly to Sims, but I just saw a video about the build-and-buy tools in it and I sooo want that for the Sims. I already can think of so many things I could have done differently in the last challenge with the options that other game has 🙈🙈🙈
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Triple the Joy Challenge. You all are such great builders. I learn more all of the time! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

@Talea12345 I love how you did the island in the kitchen. The children's room looks like a fun place to play! If I were one of the triplets then I would want the top bunk! And I like how you put a garden in the basement for the in laws. Makes it cozy and less basementy. Great looking family! The triplets all got mom's hair!

@Lehua The colors of the in laws basement apt are my faves. They will love it. The window over the parent's bed looks perfect there. I will have to use it more. I also like your little microwave area. Never thought of that! Very nice home you built for the Angevins.

@AlJay Their home you built is beautiful and fits right in the neighborhood. I was looking at all of the little details like the landscaping and clutter. You have placed them just right! Nice home like lived in feel. They're going to need a bigger car soon! I don't know how you did such an amazing job with the decor not being trace with such a tight budget and a big house! I Love it all.

@AliSim19 Gorgeous home. Both entryways are very nice. I really like her desk area a lot. The bookshelves over the desk look perfect there. The patio is great! They will have fun barbeques out there.

@Taoron Ooh love it! The triplets room is so cute. The back patio looks like a great place to hang out. The laundry room will get a lot of use! Great house!

@SimTresa The bicycle is nice! Is that from University? I need to get that pack still. Love your kitchen build. The table is long enough for everyone to sit at. Adorable children's room. The wall decals make it so much fun! The in laws have a sweet basement apartment!

@Devilariah The home you built is really pretty. I love the colors throughout. I like these little tours through pictures. I should do that. it is nice the parents have a tv room that is closed off. Sometimes you need some peace. The triplets will have so much fun in the outside play area. Super nice. I will have to look through debug more!

My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
    @shakerella thank you so much 😊

@Talea12345 Ive gotten woefully behind at checking out new games, I’ll take a look - thanks for the heads up!
    shakerella wrote: »
    Triple the Joy Challenge. You all are such great builders. I learn more all of the time! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

@Talea12345 I love how you did the island in the kitchen. The children's room looks like a fun place to play! If I were one of the triplets then I would want the top bunk! And I like how you put a garden in the basement for the in laws. Makes it cozy and less basementy. Great looking family! The triplets all got mom's hair!

@Lehua The colors of the in laws basement apt are my faves. They will love it. The window over the parent's bed looks perfect there. I will have to use it more. I also like your little microwave area. Never thought of that! Very nice home you built for the Angevins.

@AlJay Their home you built is beautiful and fits right in the neighborhood. I was looking at all of the little details like the landscaping and clutter. You have placed them just right! Nice home like lived in feel. They're going to need a bigger car soon! I don't know how you did such an amazing job with the decor not being trace with such a tight budget and a big house! I Love it all.

@AliSim19 Gorgeous home. Both entryways are very nice. I really like her desk area a lot. The bookshelves over the desk look perfect there. The patio is great! They will have fun barbeques out there.

@Taoron Ooh love it! The triplets room is so cute. The back patio looks like a great place to hang out. The laundry room will get a lot of use! Great house!

@SimTresa The bicycle is nice! Is that from University? I need to get that pack still. Love your kitchen build. The table is long enough for everyone to sit at. Adorable children's room. The wall decals make it so much fun! The in laws have a sweet basement apartment!

@Devilariah The home you built is really pretty. I love the colors throughout. I like these little tours through pictures. I should do that. it is nice the parents have a tv room that is closed off. Sometimes you need some peace. The triplets will have so much fun in the outside play area. Super nice. I will have to look through debug more!

Thanks1 Yes it is from DU.
    image.png
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    @BuildnShare do you have the Established Results for Challenge #129 ?

Enjoy your holiday and time off @BuildnShare ! I hope you enjoy your much needed time off. ♥ Although I have only been involved for a few months, I completely enjoy and appreciate all of your Challenges and they have done amazing things to test me and make me a better builder, and that's the best gift anyone, who loves to build, could ask for. Thank you.

Since you asked, for your Winter hiatus pleasure:

'Winter Ice Park'
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CD5B249D1C9A11EA8693342C8609C7AD

v1h7sHw.png
    PTDVbDI.png
    QEcVOoK.png
    dE5jzu8.png
    @BuildnShare

...and if your looking for someplace to skate and let the kids run amok

'Christmas Park'

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BB2B3AD4157011EA8A59BA891CD6F027

This is something I've been planning and working on for a while now. Built on a 64 x64 because I wanted as much room as possible to play with. I have a large collection of minatures for a Christmas Village, that I just don't have the room to build in completetion anymore. So, I wanted to do some of it here, and made a park, for the whole family.

♦There's a Train set up to deliver presents, on a track that runs around the front half of the park. (I wish the train did. )
    ♦Food Vendors
    ♦Hot Beverage Vendors
    ♦Ice Rink
    ♦Roller Rink
    ♦Build a Rocket!
    ♦Telescope
    ♦Childrens Jungle Gym, Swings and more to play on!
    ♦Play Chess
    ♦Foreworks Platform!
    ♦Get warm by the bonfire or at the fireplace in the Church
    ♦2 Public Bathrooms
    ♦Holiday Decor all about
    ♦Picnic area
    ♦...and MORE!

*Homes and Business structures can be entere, but not decorated or suited for living in. There are displays in some of them, meant to be seen through the windows (Christmas Trees, Bakery, etc.

eYUHCWU.png
    m6R9BhA.png
    oD5ePlk.png
    omLr2PV.png
    gGEoajQ.png
    QRVhGHU.png
    Gj5EHt3.png
    UegtFJY.png
    AWZCZXe.png
    QHs9tkM.png
    eZkgLdt.png
    PE8xAUA.png
    rbalbVn.png
    KN1P7Bv.png
    2TQhJDn.png
    g2rPHW9.png
    cRfE9Ow.png
    S1RXsBL.png
    2nz5HJA.png
    Lp9lnGC.png
    hBqLr9X.png
    OhWBXju.png
    un0hP0A.png
    idvxc23.png
    NL11lRP.png
    KDc46mi.png
    pdZH5jF.png
    ByGd3W4.png
    9aAhus5.png
    8s3FBrD.png
    zgz1nQb.png
    lglRcM7.png
    ggnoYEP.png
    fIW8bC9.png
    G2HEYFS.png
    SZRMOnp.png
    1GoXeKt.png

• SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    That's an odd bug. I was able to change some of my own, with no issue, but I'll check those I have downloaded from others.
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited January 2020
    Okay.... felt a little weird adding this since it's not winter themed or Christmas themed (since it can't be as a base game starter)... So I made sure it was okay fist. Lol! ;) . I've been in a whirl-wind of testing DU and roomies, helping on AHQ, actually playing my game for something other than testing (which I haven't done a lot of over the last year), and RL trials. So... I finally got back to and finished the base game starter I was working on before DU. And that's what I've been up to. <take a breath, Sheri>
    Thanks for your patience with my monologue and letting me share. You guys are a great group and I really appreciate you! Belated Merry Christmas! <3
    Gallery Name of Lot: BaseGame $18.5K Starter
    Origin ID: SheriGR
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1013ED9C2DE911EA8020BA891CD6F027
    Notes:
    This two bedroom home features a working fishing pond (includes rare fish), skylight & loft, porches, bookshelf, TV, computer, easel, chef’s garden, punching bag, card table, moodlet items, & hand-crafted guitar for under 19K.
    Slideshow: https://imgur.com/gallery/COuI5X2
    Picture credit: ♥ #SimSationalToo #FruitLoops40 #Super_Love_Sims #jasna98 (& my sim)
    Screenshots:
    8GWVUhh.jpg
    Valuable chef's garden with perfect plants.
    ZDgGidR.jpg
    iF9b6fc.jpg
    Working fishing pond (includes rare fish).
    sVctWFB.jpg
    No, the stove isn't on fire. My sim's cooking ''Blackened Bass". She did this autonomously, so she's apparently showing off and happy to have a fishing pond. ;)
    z0844v9.jpg
    b9IaydU.jpg
    The loft opening above the stairs opens to the master bedroom, and a small bedroom that can be used as an office, master bath, or opened up to enlarge the master bedroom. There is a skylight over the loft opening. On the other side there is a punching bag and a glass door opening to a 2nd-floor deck with seating and an easel.
    x6E69XM.jpg
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    mgZJimx.png

You do a double take as your next client waddles into your office. It is a clown, on the tall side, with a bright cheery face, a rainbow wig, and over-sized bright green shoes. His outfit is multi-colored with big pom-pom buttons down the front.

"Hello! Love the costume!" you greet him with a hardy handshake.

He beeps a horn and bows. "Thank you! My name is Ash Rutherford. Please excuse my costume. I have been cheering up the kids in the hospital today. I do it nearly every week." He sighs deeply as you both sit down. "But I am here to talk about a place for me to hang my rainbow wig. I am in the midst of a divorce, and my wife wants me out as soon as possible."

"I am sorry to hear about the divorce, but I can definitely help you build a new home you will love!" you say encouragingly. You can tell he needs cheering up as much as the children in the hospital might need it.

"My budget is very slim at $74,000. What I do have is a small plot of land with four shipping containers which I had been using as storage for the past ten years. I have managed to clean the containers out completely. I have heard some people actually live in shipping containers, and I was wondering if maybe we could use them to make a house for me?" He looks tired, unsure, and incredibly sad, distorting the smiling mouth make-up on his face.

"I can certainly work with the shipping containers," you assure him with a smile. "What kind of rooms do you need, aside from a kitchen and a bathroom?"

"Actually, I need two bathrooms. My little girl, Emily, will be with me every other weekend, and she will need her own bedroom and bathroom. She is six and loves bunnies and cats. I need a bedroom and bath, but my bathroom can also be a guest bathroom. The kitchen is good, but it can be small with a microwave since I am not the best cook. Oh, and I would love a library/media room. Outside I would like an area for picnics and a grill. Emily will need a place to play." He sighs again.

You look over your notes again. "That is quite a list to do on that budget, but I am sure you and Emily will both love your new home! I can have it done by the end of the month."

The sad clown suddenly looked brighter. "I can't thank you enough!"

The Brief:
    • Budget: $74,000
    • Unlike most challenges, the lot cost can be ignored for this one as Ash already owns his lot.
    • At least 2 baths and 2 bedrooms in total.
    • Each container is 4x12 spaces
    • The client requires a bedroom and bath for Emily, a small kitchen, a library/media room, a master bedroom, and a second bathroom with a door to the master bedroom and another door for guests to use
    • Include a a grill, picnic area, and a play area outdoors

Room Challenge:
    Create the master/guest bath (be sure to include 2 access doors). Budget is 7,500

Sim Challenge:
    Create Ash Rutherford and name his clown persona, and create Emily. Be sure to include likes, skills, his day job, and clothing choices for both. Show them in their new home.

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS133 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be considered for Maxis Fave nomination

The deadline for this challenge is Friday 31st January 2020 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Welcome back to Build-n-Share! We hope you all had a great holiday, and we look forward to seeing all of your wonderful builds. We are going to try transitioning to a monthly challenge this year. We hope that this will give more people time to enter and allow our judges to stay on top of results. And we promise we're going to get all of those outstanding challenge results posted in the very near future!

Happy Building <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Sounds Fantastic!
  • Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    FORUM ID: Pepper61
    ORIGIN ID: Pepper6661
    LEVEL: First time Entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Riverside Roost in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BF5B656335E511EA8BA6A2238314F86D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pepper6661&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: owned lot
    GALLERY COST: $73,506
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Fg5I9q8
    ENTRY DETAILS: For years Ash has been doing charity work at the local hospital. dressing up as a clown to entertain and brighten the days of sick children. His wife soon to be Ex has filed for a divorce and he was faced with a short timeline to find somewhere to live. He came to me with hopes that i could turn his 4 storage containers into a beautiful home for his and his daughter that visits him every other weekend. with a not so big budget of 74k. I was able to pull some strings and get the build done rather quickly with the help of some friends who were excited to work with shopping containers. The end result, he seemed very happy with his new home. For the future he hopes to become a famous childrens book writer.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: thanks @rosemow , SimSationalToo, JadeNchanted and Mag6002 for your artwork.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fbxf8GF.png
    mkrNU2H.png
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2020
    FORUM ID:Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID:Wendyology
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oak Alcove - Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0A4581C3371811EA88A2E4B33953C835
    LOT COST: n/a owned by client
    GALLERY COST: $73,714
    TOTAL COST: $73,714
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/Ioel58m
    ENTRY DETAILS: The client's four shipping containers on a 15 by 20 lot have been transformed into a cozy but stylish townhome. My objective was to keep things sleek and manageable for this newly single dad, but allow room for entertaining when he's ready to return to the dating world.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7WR6ahd.png

FMDWYx2.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top