Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem Editing Midnight Hollow via CAW

I am very new to CAW ( only worked on 1 new world several years ago). I would like to edit Midnight Hollow in CAW to remove all the dead trees and place normal ones but I am having a problem at the very beginning.

I created a large flat map in CAW and saved it. I opened it in s3pe but when I try to import the resources from the Midnight Hollow world file I get this error message:

YdzKUZp.jpg

Anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. I have never tried to import an EA world into CAW, I have seen various youtube videos. However before you go look for them, may I suggest you post this query in the Game Tools Section, subsection CAW. Someone there may be able to point you to a tutorial. The reason I say this is because I am not sure you need to open a new separate CAW map as part of the import process.

Good Luck with getting it sorted. If you can create a Midnight Hollow with much better lighting you will make a lot of simmers here (including me) very happy :)

Betty
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Thanks @Bettyboop55 and @KatyFernlily for your info. I will be looking into both suggestions but right now my MH project is on hold. :)
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I am very new to CAW ( only worked on 1 new world several years ago). I would like to edit Midnight Hollow in CAW to remove all the dead trees and place normal ones but I am having a problem at the very beginning.

I created a large flat map in CAW and saved it. I opened it in s3pe but when I try to import the resources from the Midnight Hollow world file I get this error message:

YdzKUZp.jpg

Thanks.

Store Worlds are encrypted. There is a way to remove the encryption from world file so you can open it with S3pe but I've never done it. Try asking over at Mod The Sims someone there might know.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »

YdzKUZp.jpg

Thanks.

Store Worlds are encrypted. There is a way to remove the encryption from world file so you can open it with S3pe but I've never done it. Try asking over at Mod The Sims someone there might know.

No need, the CAW files are already out there. Google: midnight hollow caw files
    Firby nurbs!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    ScottDemon wrote: »

YdzKUZp.jpg

Thanks.

No need, the CAW files are already out there. Google: midnight hollow caw files

It is if you want to keep the population intact complete with their relationships without having to import them back in. And Porter has a problem dealing with pre-made resident playable ghosts it strips their occult state and pre-made resident playable ghosts break when their occult state is stripped by a mod.
    And I already know about those CAW files.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Please keep us posted. I would love to see this world bright. Love the houses and the streets of this world but find it way too dismal.