Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2019 Now Out

13...Next

Comments

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I just tried to buy a reward trait for my cloned Sim, but I couldn't because, apparently, she's a robot. Clones have been around for nearly five years and Servos were only added recently, so this looks like a bug.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I am very disappointed with this December patch, not one freebie or new item and it's Christmas for crying out loud.
    It would have been nice to have got a couple of freebies instead of all patches which my game does not suffer with..
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I am very disappointed with this December patch, not one freebie or new item and it's Christmas for crying out loud.
    It would have been nice to have got a couple of freebies instead of all patches which my game does not suffer with..

I'm really happy with all the patches because I was suffering from most of the fixed glitches especially the Odd Jobs one. I understand the disappointment for no new items but we got some converted hairstyles for kids and toddlers which is pretty neat.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    He's very cute and I'm not even into Star Wars.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019

Disney gave EA a call.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I didn't even know there was going to be a patch today. It's good that they did a lot of bug fixes.

The added toddler and kid hairs tho....big no. I don't know what they were thinking, but those were the worst options to give to toddlers. Only the buns look semi-decent, the other two look awful. Instead of taking adult hairs and shrinking them for toddlers, they should have used child hairs. The kids got some additions that were okay, but I still that I could have though of some much better options to convert for them. Oh well, maybe they'll do this again and give them better options.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Well now we know the big announcement isnt on the patch. It reinforces my thinking it's the gallery for consoles.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2019
    Ewww, why?!
    It's a popular meme thing. The more people post about Baby Yoda, the more attention Star Wars/The Mandalorian gets. Spreading memes = free advertisement. Now people can post that Baby Yoda is now in Sims 4, generate discussion, try to meme it, etc. That's all free advertisement for Star Wars, The Mandalorian, and Sims 4. We're all being subtly manipulated by corporations from the inside, like we're just tools in a bigger machine.

Which is a hint that we're getting dragons, somehow.

/jk
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member

For a second I thought Yoda was T-Posing, that would have been amazing if that was the case.

It's also kinda odd to see him added in as a statue, just a lifeless gremlin staring at you with those cold, unfeeling eyes...
    Anyways I would've liked it if they added in his crib for sim babies, that would've been neat.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I didn't even know there was going to be a patch today. It's good that they did a lot of bug fixes.

The added toddler and kid hairs tho....big no. I don't know what they were thinking, but those were the worst options to give to toddlers. Only the buns look semi-decent, the other two look awful. Instead of taking adult hairs and shrinking them for toddlers, they should have used child hairs. The kids got some additions that were okay, but I still that I could have though of some much better options to convert for them. Oh well, maybe they'll do this again and give them better options.

Just goes to show how differently players feel about new content. I just checked out the new hairstyles for toddlers and children in CAS and liked them all.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Just goes to show how differently players feel about new content. I just checked out the new hairstyles for toddlers and children in CAS and liked them all.

I appreciated them too, because there was a serious lack of afro-textured hair for toddlers
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    Ewww, why?!
    It's a popular meme thing. The more people post about Baby Yoda, the more attention Star Wars/The Mandalorian gets. Spreading memes = free advertisement. Now people can post that Baby Yoda is now in Sims 4, generate discussion, try to meme it, etc. That's all free advertisement for Star Wars, The Mandalorian, and Sims 4. We're all being subtly manipulated by corporations from the inside, like we're just tools in a bigger machine.

Which is a hint that we're getting dragons, somehow.

/jk

At least this meme comes in a form that doesnt move. I remember when they tried to tap in to the Plants vs qZombies trend in TS3. I had to turn moon phases off because zombies wouldnt leave my plants the heck alone and I just hated how difficult they made my life cause theyd keep coming to shred my plants and then in the morning I'd have all these sims hanging out on my lawn for no reason lol

I'll take this statue over that mess any day
    Post edited by Paralee on
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited December 2019
    trait_SicknessImmunity is now in the basegame (Previously from EP01 Get To Work as a doctor career reward)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    trait_SicknessImmunity prevents servos from getting sick and doesn't replace the EP01 reward
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    mock68 wrote: »

I don't see why free content should come above bug fixes. The free holiday pack was updated last month, and this month around brought us more toddler and children hair, which I am personally ecstatic about.
    I'm glad you don't suffer from any of the bugs, but unfortunately, a lot of us do. I'm happy we got as many bug fixes as we did, but so many things are still broken, which is why we need more fixes like this with our patches. We really only get one or two "huge" patches like this every year.