Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a hint for The Sims 5? Mysterious new arch in Build/Buy

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    lilleefs wrote: »
    Wonder what Will Wright had in mind back in the day when he thought about the 5th iteration of his game 😆

I would think, "They should've stopped at 3" lol
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    Wonder what Will Wright had in mind back in the day when he thought about the 5th iteration of his game 😆

I would think, "They should've stopped at 3" lol

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 best comment 😆
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I looked all over but couldn't find a topic about this!
    So this probably seems crazy and I'm probably way off BUT I know the devs like to leave hints so this is just a theory;

I'm sure everyone noticed the new windows and matching arch that came with the last update, but am I the only one that thinks they don't really match TS4's art style at all ? Also the arch comes with this description, which I can only think relates to the past present and future of The Sims:

gzv91p4.jpg

It states "The first prototype didn't open" - possibly referring to the lack of customisation in Sims 1?
    "The second prototype refined the concept by making a hole" - opening up that customisation to us in Sims 2?
    "The third prototype increased the size of the hole" - Sims 3's open world?
    "The fourth prototype removed the sharp edges that were causing an increase in workplace related accidents" - Sims 4's removal of the open world and things like Create-a-style to improve playability?
    and then finally, "The fifth, Arch E, should be great ..." - Potentially talking about the 5th iteration of The Sims??? Could Arch E even be the codename? As in Arch-itectural game E? I remember Sims 1 having a similar name early in development. I could be reading into that too much, though.

However, considering we have seen some maybe job listings for the new Maxis team and there is at least 3 years of planned content left, giving them plenty of time to develop a new base game, to me this kind of confirms something is definitely going on. There has to be a reason they mention 4 prototypes, the same amount of games we have now.

Am I seeing things or could there really be something to it?? :D

The first prototype seems like a reference to a lack of an open world.
    The second prototype references more movement within a neighborhood.
    The third prototype references the addition of an open world.
    The fourth prototype refers to the bugginess and lags in sims 3 which were eliminated in sims 4 in exchange for less realism by going back to loading screens.
    My problem is with their use of the word prototype. A prototype is a test version of a final product. All four iterations should have been finished products which of course, we all know, were not finished. Sims 2, 3 and 4 were never bug free and Sims 4 was sold with missing KEY features. Now they are implying that the fifth version will be great, well, great, all the others should have been great as well even if they lacked an open world or not. Are they admitting to having failed in some capacity in all the other releases? Just give me a bug-free product for one and they will have reached a new plateau.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    If they hadn't used the phrase ' should be great ', I might have some hope left for Sims5. But Sims4 is still hanging out, waiting for something great to happen for it. And it gets butchered a bit more with every new pack. If the devs can't do something worthwhile with a game as simple and dumbed down as Sims4 is, I doubt they are capable of creating a new iteration worthy of being called great, or groundbreaking. The emotions and multi-tasking were supposed to make Sims4 Sims smarter, with more personality. Pfffft. Right. Sorry, but I don't see where any of that is true whenever I play. Getting up while eating dinner, then putting a plate into a pocket in order to cater to a pet that demands attention is not my idea of multi-tasking. Then the Sim grabs his meal back out of his pocket and stands while eating without re-joining the rest of the family. Just stay seated and chat with the fam while finishing a meal, for crying out loud. Then play with the cat or dog. Lounging on a lounge chair and talking with another Sim who is also enjoying lounging around can't be done. Or read a book while relaxing outdoors. Can't be done. But the entire Grand Meal on a holiday can be disrupted by a spoiled pet. The lack of logical thinking that went into Sims4 is astounding to someone who has been playing this game since The Sims was new. So after experiencing The Sims, Sims2 and 3, Sims4 is disappointing. And does not instill much confidence in the devs, or their ability to make a game that will be better than what we have seen in the last five years.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    The Sims 5 is their last chance to keep me interested in this franchise. My opinion, optimism, and defense of the Sims 4 has decreased so much since launch. Since the Sims 4 was rushed from an online game to an offline game, I give this iteration a little slack, since this wouldn't SHOULDN'T happen again. If the Sims 5 is full of trade offs, gimmicks, and step backwards, I'm not buying it.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    You guys are really....reaching
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    That's definitely a hint to Sims 5 holy cow. Good work detective.

Hopefully they're not lying and it will actually be great.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2019
    I do think the sims 4 is going to be the last one for me, I've been playing this game since I was 7 the sims 1 , now I'm 24 playing the sims 4 could be 26 by the time it's done , this game will always be special to me but after the sims 4 I'm moving on, I'm not going to start all this all over again for a 5th time
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am going to take My time no matter what comes out, cause I only have so much money to go around, I will finish getting the stuff I am still missing for Sims 4 if they come out that is, cause I am not so sure I want a multyplayer game, I am used to playing Myself from the Sims to Sims 4, I have the Sims online game but I never bothered to open it or play it, so I will just wait and see what happens, :)
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I won't be playing TS5 if it is multi-player. I have no desire for other people to interfere with my Sims or my buildings. Just, no.
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I won't be playing TS5 if it is multi-player. I have no desire for other people to interfere with my Sims or my buildings. Just, no.

100% agree! It will be a very sad day the day they decide to try pull that again. I just hope they know it isn’t what the majority want for this franchise at all since sometimes it seems they just pull ideas out of nowhere instead of actually listening to the player base.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Its obviously about Sims 4's years. "The first one didn't open" doesn't fit Sims 1... If it did something was open the doors for future Sims games.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    So this probably seems crazy and I'm probably way off BUT I know the devs like to leave hints so this is just a theory;

I'm sure everyone noticed the new windows and matching arch that came with the last update, but am I the only one that thinks they don't really match TS4's art style at all ? Also the arch comes with this description, which I can only think relates to the past present and future of The Sims:

gzv91p4.jpg

It states "The first prototype didn't open" - possibly referring to the lack of customisation in Sims 1?
    "The second prototype refined the concept by making a hole" - opening up that customisation to us in Sims 2?
    "The fourth prototype removed the sharp edges that were causing an increase in workplace related accidents" - Sims 4's removal of the open world and things like Create-a-style to improve playability?
    and then finally, "The fifth, Arch E, should be great ..." - Potentially talking about the 5th iteration of The Sims??? Could Arch E even be the codename? As in Arch-itectural game E? I remember Sims 1 having a similar name early in development. I could be reading into that too much, though.

However, considering we have seen some maybe job listings for the new Maxis team and there is at least 3 years of planned content left, giving them plenty of time to develop a new base game, to me this kind of confirms something is definitely going on. There has to be a reason they mention 4 prototypes, the same amount of games we have now.

This is honestly so exciting! I really hope so. It would love it if the devs start dropping real hints about TS5 to let us know that they are truly working on TS5 so that all the people waiting for it will have something to look forward to. I hope they announce it next year in 2020 and release it in 2021!
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    This looks very promising. I hope so! :)
    p6tqefj
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 5 will probably be released in 2024. However, my recommendation is to wait until it's about 5 years old that way you will know if it's good enough & if your PC can handle it.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2019
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Sims 5 will probably be released in 2024. However, my recommendation is to wait until it's about 5 years old that way you will know if it's good enough & if your PC can handle it.

2024? I highly doubt it.

My guess is they will announce it in 2021 and release it in 2022. I really cannot see them dragging on this game for 4! more years. That means there will be so many packs yet to come, and already see this game struggling with bugs after bugs, I doubt they will pump out another 20 packs or so.

It's just another guess though. No one knows for sure, only EA.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I think they'll announce it next year sometime with a release date in 2021 probably closer to the holiday season so October-December. They have already started moving people from the sims 4 to another project and they have a bunch of job listings for a new project as well. These listings usually happen when the game has been in development a while. This is just my prediction.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    Wow, this actually does seem like a reference. It'll probably still take a few years for TS5 to come out; I don't think we'll be seeing or hearing about it much for a while but this is very exciting to see. With 4 games out, the team has learned so much about what players actually want as well as what works and what doesn't work. Each sims game has had such a different style that I feel like they can really make The Sims 5 into an ultimate combo of everything people loved from the previous installments, while also introducing entirely new concepts to the franchise. I am extremely curious to see which direction they'll take the game in but let's not get too hyped because something tells me we've still got a lot of waiting to do until we even get to see a trailer or a more obvious hint.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I agree it sounds like a hint
  • kieranpatton14kieranpatton14 Posts: 48 Member
    Sounds like a Hint! I hope The sims 5 is coming soon. With Paralives having color wheel open world cars etc I feel like The sims 4 will struggle to hold on to simmers. If EA/MAXIS wants to keep onto those simmers then they need to come out with The sims 5 what would (hopefully) have those features.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    So this probably seems crazy and I'm probably way off BUT I know the devs like to leave hints so this is just a theory;[/b]

gzv91p4.jpg

Nice theory. l <3 it
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sounds like a Hint! I hope The sims 5 is coming soon. With Paralives having color wheel open world cars etc I feel like The sims 4 will struggle to hold on to simmers. If EA/MAXIS wants to keep onto those simmers then they need to come out with The sims 5 what would (hopefully) have those features.

They will keep me, haha. I def. hate the idea of the colour wheel returning, never liked it. But if it's not too expensive I might try Paralives too when it comes out, depending on how the characters look.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    i definitely think it's a hint. maxis has made hints multiple times that manifested into the game soon enough, yet people still don't believe. it's really strange.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    WOOOO the Fifth Element....YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

The thought of starting over with no weather BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!