Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gah this is annoying.

Ever since I've gotten DU, like A BUNCH of random sims just come up and start talking to me, like...all THE TIME...even when I am busy doing things during my day (studying , homework, writing term papers), a sim randomly comes up to me and starts talking to me, then heaven forbid if the dorm has a party over, the whole party comes to my sim and starts a group conversation...

LIKE leave me alone, my sim is a loner already , she don't want more people to bug her.

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Yes, even friends start to talk all the time, instead of continuing their blickcloc save, like they used to. I think they revised the social interactions with the patch, I'm pretty sure I red it somewhere.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Yes, even friends start to talk all the time, instead of continuing their blickcloc save, like they used to. I think they revised the social interactions with the patch, I'm pretty sure I red it somewhere.

Well they need to tone it down, I don't like random sims coming to talk to me unless I told them too
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Ever since I've gotten DU, like A BUNCH of random sims just come up and start talking to me, like...all THE TIME...even when I am busy doing things during my day (studying , homework, writing term papers), a sim randomly comes up to me and starts talking to me, then heaven forbid if the dorm has a party over, the whole party comes to my sim and starts a group conversation...

LIKE leave me alone, my sim is a loner already , she don't want more people to bug her.

i'm getting this all the time when trying to paint murals in san myshuno art gallery. they constantly come up to my sims and keep bothering my sim. even after trying to cancel the order before it is confirmed in the gray bar, it doesn't make any difference, the game forces the conversation on you until it happens and you have to manually drop the conversation the moment it starts.

if i wanted to chat to other sims, i'd do it on my own dime, and not when the game wants it. it also happens when my sim is working out at a gym or in a library, and the latter is more likely to happen.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I hear you, I don't either; even friends aren't allowed to talk while I'm busy, let alone strangers. Still, it's better than before when they came to visit you, just to fill their social meter by chatting on the computer, right?
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I've had this as well. I X out the interaction immediately, but they still come. At this point, I just reset my sim the moment it pops up or I use MCCC to make the sim leave immediately. Actually seeing if there's a mod to nix this behaviour because it is really annoying when your sim is doing something like homework.
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    I actually like it. I love that the sims are more social. That’s how my girl who I thought was going to be alone for the rest of her life found her current boyfriend. I would have never thought to let her talk to this guy otherwise but they really hit it off. And no he wasn’t a townie. Lol
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Well they need to tone it down, I don't like random sims coming to talk to me unless I told them too

This is the issue the devs face, you hate it, someone loves it. What to do? Not everything in the game can be optional.

However, I hate when sims butt their way into group conversations, you can't tell them to buzz off unless you introduce yourself first and then say goodbye. I should be able to right click their face on the top UI and boot them out of the conversation, but I can't.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

This is the issue the devs face, you hate it, someone loves it. What to do? Not everything in the game can be optional.

However, I hate when sims butt their way into group conversations, you can't tell them to buzz off unless you introduce yourself first and then say goodbye. I should be able to right click their face on the top UI and boot them out of the conversation, but I can't.

That's the thing they even come to the people I AM talking to and it's really annoying...
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I haven't had too much of an issue with Sims trying to talk up my own while at the dorm. A few here and there, maybe. But everyone is always trying to pull my Sim to play ping pong with them, though.

Only when my Sim is out somewhere have I noticed an increase in the chatter. My Sim was at the local bar one night and had close to ten others who were trying to talk to him at once.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    @KaeChan
    I don't like random sims coming to talk to me unless I told them too
    Sounds kind of introverted. :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This happens when you take your Sim to the gym too. Everyone wants to walk over and talk to him while he’s working out. I hate it.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    If sims could actually multi-task it wouldn't be so bad, but they don't so everything takes forever to get done because your sim won't work and talk. They stop working, talk, work a tiny bit, talk a lot, do a eensy tiny bit, talk twice as much, and so on. DU isn't a time management game, it's a talk management game.
    @KaeChan
    I don't like random sims coming to talk to me unless I told them too
    Sounds kind of introverted. :)

LOL That's cause I am one xD
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I honestly don't see a problem with it. I like my sims to socialize.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Just avoid the public places and find somewhere more private. How hard can it be?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

edited December 2019
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Just avoid the public places and find somewhere more private. How hard can it be?

...ummm I am in the dorms living my sim's life?
    It's not a public place, it's the dorm rooms.

You can lock the doors.

You can lock the doors.

Yeah no..I much rather try and live my dorm life without being chatted up by everyone .
    @KaeChan2089 So there's no way of pleasing you aside from the game being changed? Which means my game will be changed too, but I don't want a change like that. :D What to do? Perhaps a shouting contest to get the Devs' attention? Sometimes I hate democracy: 51% get their wish while 49% don't - that's a lot of people to disappoint. In theory.

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Doesn't bother me, I like my sims socializing.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

It does make it difficult to study, but I actually like the fact sims are more sociable now. If you really want isolation try moving to Strangerville. You will rarely get visitors.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i personally prefer this to the way it was before. it gives my worlds more of a community feel. it makes me happy when i look over at my sim and they're having a lovely chat with a neighbour that i didn't initiate. one thing i find a little laborious in the game is making and maintaining friendships and this makes it easier. i can, however, see how this could get annoying, especially if your sim is busy and/or in a private location that other sims are just marching into
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The only time I have this happening is while my Sims are walking their dogs. It doesn't happen at any other time, not even at venues. If I cancel the interraction my Sim continues on after a few seconds. I can't believe I don't have this particular bug yet have just about all of the other ones. The one thing I have noticed is, it does happen more often than before. I can't walk any dog without some random Sim needing my Sim's attention. It's a dumb addition, I must say. And as is usual for the devs, it has to happen all the time and break the flow of the game. Walking the dog, even a short walk, already take hours. If the devs would do something about the idle chat, and make it less annoying, all they'd need to do is tone down the rate at which it happens. Even that would make a huge difference.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I lock the door when my student is studying or writing term papers. If they start talking to someone it takes longer. I have 3 students in the same house and I send them to their room that only they have access to plus they each have their own laptop and research computer.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 Now there's an idea I can get behind. I would LOVE to be able to boot people out of certain group conversations. That would hopefully (in theory) make this annoying habit more bearable for me. I don't like this feature too much either, but I also like it as well. I'm a complicated person, lol. It does get to be frustrating, but I don't think I want it nixed completely. However, give me a feature where I can boot individual sims from a conversation, or a feature where I can ask sims to leave a conversation, and I'm down with that.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.