Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    > @vancanuckfan86 said:
    > Ending my rotation with Daniel, Evelyn, Zachary and Zoe as I head to the next family...
    >
    > Daniel and Evelyn have matching pyjamas - how cute.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > It wasn't long before Zachary and Zoe were toddlers. They both got their dad's dark blue eyes and inherited the red hair of their parents.
    >
    >
    > Just like her dad, Zoe loves to sing and dance.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Daniel out doing some shopping after a hard day at work. Some new clothes for the kids since they are growing like weeds.
    >
    >
    > And it wasn't long before the twins grew up to kids. Zoe is a social butterfly and takes things very seriously. She loves to dance like her dad and her parents have enrolled her into ballet classes.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Zachary is basically a carbon copy of his sister and has very similar traits. He spends a lot of time skipping rope, playing tag and just running around in general.
    >
    >
    > Now that the twins are kids their parents felt it was time for separate rooms.
    > (Image)
    > s

That all went by really fast! It reminds me of the legacy challenge.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Worramot - I forgot how fast time flies in the Sims 2 compared to the newer versions. From starting to kids in no time and already almost half way through Daniel and Evelyn's adult lives.
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    Today I finally convinced my mum to give the Sims 2 a go, and my little sister decided to join in with creating a sim. Both of them created aliens, this one with spiral eyes and glasses, the other with a large nose and fluffy rainbow hat. We moved them in and from there I began to teach my mum the basics, you've got to add in some beds and furniture to make them comfortable. For some reason my little sister loved adding chairs to the backyard, these two sims have such a beautiful garden full of chairs from different varieties.

Anyway, we had our first outing to a carnival with an actual functional carousel and dancing clowns alongside bumpercars and a dodgy bubble blowing device that sent your sims high as a kite. We ended up having a go on the rides, 3 bumpercars in the area, but for some reason these two women just walked straight onto the track and started talking to each other. THEY HARDLY EVEN CARED ABOUT THE CARS BUMPING INTO THEM, NO THEY JUST STOOD THERE AND REPEATEDLY GOT RAN OVER. As soon as we got off the ride, they flock to the cars to have a go themselves. Typical.

This is starting to drag, but anyway, we returned from the carnival and the sims were starving for food. Before we could think of where to go, luckily someone ends up asking the alien with the hat if he'd like to go downtown, of course his sister was demanding to join them and because she is the oldest, she gets to pick where everyone hangs out. And what did she choose? This worn-down, trashy, lights hanging loosing from the ceiling old laundromat. We all hung out at a laundromat, these 4 people who I never met alongside this random teenager at 11PM. Why did this random teen decide to join us this late? Oh man, just leave for frigg sake you have school tomorrow, don't your parents care?

It was fun at the laundromat, 2 minutes upon arriving everyone starts complaining loudly. "THIS PLACE SUCKS! IT SMELLS LIKE SOGGY CLOTHES AND STALE PLUMBING!" and then of course the two aliens were still starved, so every second you've hear them screech about having no food. Annoying, it ticked me off. There was a grocers nextdoor, but let's just say... those fridges don't look switched on so I wouldn't know if they could avoid food poisoning. Tried to get them to eat something, but the screeching and the pausing to screech about food got on my nerves. I just gave up and took them home, but I didn't realise the WHOLE LOT of them would join me.

Strangely all of them left, apart from this one lady. She immediately has a go at the alien for taking her to a laundromat and wishes her reputation would drop further, it's late at night and people are tired and hungry, but for some reason she remains put. Even when I disbanded, she stuck around. Kept on fighting with the girl alien, poking her in the face, shoving her, making her ugly sob in the corner, waking the brother alien up. And then she helps herself to our instant meals, the nerve of her!

Of course, they kept fighting. Brother alien gives up, turns his back towards the wall and sleeps soundly while they fight. In the end, the sister lost and so she left while that random person stuck around. Stole enough can of instant food stuff and chilled on the sofa, 2 minutes after crying she enters the house and sleeps. Only for the TV to be blasted at maximum volume, everyone is awake. Eventually the brother says a cheerful, "oh hello there!" to that stranger and she leaves.

And now I'm on another save, at the carnival two sims are falling in love over a food fight. Weird, isn't it?

Yes, I forgot the aliens names. Sue me.
  • hzm02hzm02 Posts: 17 Member
    Hey! After a hard reset on my lappy and a few tries of installing, uninstalling and reinstalling my game (the Sims 2, my computer could not operate TS2 properly let alone the new games), alas I could open it without the fear of ever crashing!

Though, it came with a price; my old neighbourhood, the whole neighbourhoods in my Sims game basically, lost and could not be recover! Agh! I miss my old families!

I am currently testing my game - afraid that it might crash again - and created a new family in Strangetown. Black family, currently there's three members; Janice Black (the founder), Troy Go (soon-to-be 'official' spouse of Janice) and their out-of-wedlock son, Colden Black (he has his father skin, S2 or S3, his mother is S4).

Though, I could not be too indulge with the game seeing a big exam coming a week from now. So maybe, I'll get to all creating new neighbourhood and families during my holidays (since I am on my last year, basically after school ends, I'm basically done).

That's all from me now!
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    Jennifer had her baby a little girl Named Lila John is bonding with his new Daughter, Lucy takes care of her as well and is preparing to go to college. Jennifer on the other hand is ready to go back to work.
  • hzm02hzm02 Posts: 17 Member
    Had created another neighbourhood, built some community buildings and moved in some families into their respective lot. Started my first week with one of the family; Hornsmith.

Hornsmith have; Wynn Hornsmith, a fame-aspired Sims, with the lifetime wish of having 20 best friends at the same time. He lives with his wife, Claudia Hornsmith, a family-oriented Sims, though I don't remember her lifetime wish.

So, during the first week, a few things had happened. Wynn got four promotions (respectively on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) in his medicine career. Wynn also had two dream dates with his wife, Claudia, and had befriended three Sims.

Claudia in the other hand is still working at home. I am trying to land her a job in education career, but for this week, luck was not by her side. I am hoping that she'll get a job by the next week. Oh, Claudia got pregnant on Thursday and gave birth to twins on Sunday!

Talking about twins; the new addition to the family are Arron Hornsmith (the elder brother) and Arrow Hornsmith (the younger brother).

That's all for the first round in the Hornsmith family!
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    I decided to play all of the pre-made sims in Pleasantview. I finally got everyone on the same day so I could begin my rotation with the Broke family. Brandi had already had her third son, which ended up being sons three and four as she had twins. Dustin was one day away from aging up and I had every intention of sending him to college, Beau had just aged into a teenager, and Dylan and Bryce had aged into children. Brandi had just found new love. One of the twins broke the computer and since Brandi had the most mechanical skill, I sent her to fix it. Low and behold she was electrocuted and died! Of course I had Dustin beg for his mother's life and he lost.

I am so torn between exiting out of the game without saving so that I can have Brandi back and letting the story unfold without interfering. This does lend itself so well to the story. Not only did the Broke family lose their father to a tragic accident, but now their mother too. This would lead Dustin to stay home and raise the twins so Beau can go to college and fulfill his dreams of reaching the top of the medical career.

What do you guys think? Leave it as is or get Brandi back?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I decided to play all of the pre-made sims in Pleasantview. I finally got everyone on the same day so I could begin my rotation with the Broke family. Brandi had already had her third son, which ended up being sons three and four as she had twins. Dustin was one day away from aging up and I had every intention of sending him to college, Beau had just aged into a teenager, and Dylan and Bryce had aged into children. Brandi had just found new love. One of the twins broke the computer and since Brandi had the most mechanical skill, I sent her to fix it. Low and behold she was electrocuted and died! Of course I had Dustin beg for his mother's life and he lost.

I am so torn between exiting out of the game without saving so that I can have Brandi back and letting the story unfold without interfering. This does lend itself so well to the story. Not only did the Broke family lose their father to a tragic accident, but now their mother too. This would lead Dustin to stay home and raise the twins so Beau can go to college and fulfill his dreams of reaching the top of the medical career.

What do you guys think? Leave it as is or get Brandi back?

It's sad but it does go with the family luck - I say keep going with it. :)
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    I agree with Rflong, Sims 2 is the best if you take all the punches the game gives you. :) You'll get the most interesting experience that way. :)
    Banner.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited November 2019
    @classicXcrime I'm late responding here. :p

If that happened in my game where I wanted Brandi to stay alive I would've quit the game without saving to get her back. Even if I lost whatever I did beforehand (which stinks) :(

But @Rflong7 has a point about the event going along with the family's bad luck so it makes the story more interesting. ;)

Ultimately though, the choice is yours. Do what you want to do. :) Let us know what you decide and what happens next. :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    Isn’t it crazy when the divorced father of your sims children walks pass your new house, stops, walks in to talk to the children and play then leaves unprompted?!! Can anyone say restraining order? 💀
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited December 2019
    I’m currently on the slow and arduous path of repairing Angela & Lilith’s relationship. Their daily is at 100 and they are friends, but their lifetime is still negative. Even with them being friends, I still need to monitor them like kindergarteners—they still want to aggravate each other about 50% of the time. Both girls have A+’s and their aspiration levels are healthy.

I’m so excited for them to go to college though—Lilith’s LTW is to become a Cult Leader and Angela’s is to become an Icon, both of which suit the girls perfectly in my opinion. So Lilith will be a Philosophy major which feeds into the Paranormal career and is also the most perfect major for Lilith. Angela will be a PolSci major which aligns with Show Business and I also think that major is the perfect fit for Ang.

My goal for the girls is to pool their funds/scholarships together to rent private housing on campus together and have some pretty wild parties. All while graduating with honors of course. ;)

Mary-Sue kicked Daniel out, is now in the Law career, and is living her best life. I’m trying to get her to meet and marry Mr. Big (the want to marry a rich sim has rolled onto her panel more than once) but I have yet to find him out and about downtown yet.

‘Repairing’ the Pleasant family is one of my favorite challenges to take on.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Awhile ago my computer died on me and I recently got this new one the first couple times I had bad computers but they could take the game the download took forever but it was worth it. If I can get it running again then maybe one more time before nothing works for it anymore, though I know this isn't as active as it used to be I'll stop by if things go well.

Also @slynnski The last time I tried to fix relationships with them I would cheat their needs and trap them with that one social where they just sit and talk. Total communitcation lockdown and they are still stubborn but it is kind of nice when they grow out of it and move on with life.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    @RedDestiny92 Yes, the Hang Out interaction is a lifesaver not just for them, but for any relationship building that is needed. That, the hot tub, or playing kicky bag (if the game lasts long enough) work wonders.

But yes, I have been making Lil and Ang ‘hang out’ constantly before school and after school. Once their homework is done and their fun is low, I make them watch tv together which builds their relationship too. I try to get them to eat at the same time too so they can talk while they eat as well. This leaves Mary-Sue to do her own thing and I’m sure she is relieved to not have the girls fighting so much. XD

I hope you are able to get TS2 running! :)
    edited December 2019
    @slynnski oh yeah it's really nice when sims aren't being stubborn, at least it's working out no matter what they want ha, now the game is running but I can't be sure why it's not showing cc. I didn't go out and start up my old collection I got some skin that's fine nothing else is showing...hmm

Edit...mmkay I'm a simplesort lol for some reason a downloads folder was created outside of the folder I saw it and moved that in and put the things inside and most of it is showing some of it might be broken or I need to redownload since I have the right folder. It'll do for now.
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    W12sLfH.jpg
    The Goths have never been a very typical family, though with wedding season coming around it's even more obvious to their nosy neighbors, Mortimer has forbidden marriage. Bitter over the loss of his wife he is stuck in a whirlwind that they would have been better off if they never promised themselves to one another. Determined to follow her father's lead being all he has Cassandra releases a very happy Don from their traditional engagement. Simply he just has to come and see her and she'll look the other way as far as his life is concerned. She figures it's the only way to still have him in her life if Alex is more offically the final true Goth in the family.
    P4jS2I3.jpg
    Mortimer still invited Dina over and let her move in she doesn't remind him so much of Bella but she's pretty and that's all he can care about he'll never love another like her anyhow. Not that Dina minds...the oldest Goths don't exactly have the best taste in partners.
    ro8RVPe.jpg
    Dina is very upset when Don stops by, of course happily, to fufill his time with Cassandra he doesn't have any interest in Dina...Don does not share with old men and of course Cassandra told him everything.
    7q0PM78.jpg
    So without his money, and Don she's left with the fear that she'll be pregnant and when Mortimer is gone Cassandra has no reason to keep her here.

Ah well tanks to be her.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Alex Goth is currently on vacation (Twikki Island) with his New Wife Brooke. She may be pregnant when they return I plan on moving them out so Cassandra and Don can enjoy the house to themselves. And raise their son Cassandra named after their dad.
    Alex and his wife Brooke had twin Boys Aiden and Cortez (they've aged into kids now) the family just left from their vacation. Brooke is obviously pregnant again (time will tell in a few sim days) the boys are at school even though it's freezing outside luckily it's Friday for them.
    Don and Cassandra's Son Mortimer is about to grow up to be a child. He will be attending school with his twin cousins Aiden and Cortez soon. I plan on switching back to the pleasant households soon.
    edited December 2019
    Playing the broke household Brandi is an elder, she also got remarried. Beau is best friends with his step dad, Brandi wants to adopt a child, her new husband wants to work in the athletic career. The family are currently on vacation and their dog Bowser is being watched by their nanny.
    Update on the Broke family : Beau has turned into a health nut ( he was fat as a kid from Brandi's cooking) and he's a teenager, getting good grades, and is in a relationship with Lillian pleasant (Lilith and Dirk's Daughter). He is 4 days away from being an adult so he's about to prepare to leave for college.

Brandi has become best friends with Kaylnn langerak and has let her move in the household so she can have a better life instead of being a maid Kaylnn wants to join the Oceanography career.

After I send Beau to college I plan on switching back to Lilith and Dirk's household so Lillian can prepare to attend college with Beau. I also plan on letting her cousin Luna Pleasant live with her and Beau once she attends college (I'll let Luna date one of the Uni Students)
    Beau and Lillian are Engaged :) Darleen and Darren finally got Remarried and Darleen has a want to have a baby (her wish might be coming true). Lilith also wants to have another baby since Lillian is now away at college. Dirk is now a leader in the construction industry (Might change his Career).
    Darleen is pregnant and ready to pop
    Lilith is pregnant and ready to pop as well
    Darren is apparently cheating on Darleen with Cassandra wonder how this will turn out
    Darleen had another Boy named Rashad. Lilith gave birth to Her first Son named Luke a few hours after her Mother in Law gave birth. In the Lothario household, Cassandra wants to have another Baby with Don now that Mortimer is a child. Don has possibly impregnated Kaylnn after she came to visit. Nina Caliente likes to drop flowers off for Don in the middle of the night. In the Goth Household Alex and his wife Brooke are working very hard (Brooke still could be pregnant) in the meantime, she's too busy trying to impress the Garden Club which she earned a membership into.
    Brandi Broke Has reached her Platinum Aspiration she'll die Happy according to her. Kaylnn gave birth to twins a Boy and a Girl named Axel and Kayla soon as they age up I'll let Don meet his kids. In the Lothario household Mortimer just got accepted into private school and he won 5 Scholarships for College Cassandra is pregnant again with no knowledge that her husband Don has just had two twins with his former lover. I plan on playing the Caliente household next to add some drama to the sisters lives.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top