Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,089 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
There will be a new shell to furnish and tour before March 3, 2024. I'll write it tomorrow or the next day! :)

On Twitch, I hold a building tour of builds you’ve created for my challenge.
See the date below:

I’m FireflyGamer107 on Twitch and Twitter and coolsim9999999 on this forum and in the gallery.
I play The Sims 4 on the last Monday of every month (for now due to a shoulder and arm injury) and occasionally Stardew Valley.

April room challenge:
Construct a room for a circus tent house in which a prankster/jokester lives alone, he but loves to play tricks on his friends.
Hashtag: #fireflyaprilfools

Brief:
Prankster/Jokester, Droll Trouble, has the Chief of Mischief aspiration, and will work on the Jokestar aspiration next. He’s a goofball, erratic, insider. His many friends are in his Jokes and Mischief club, which is held in his circus tent home! April 1 (April Fools day is their favorite holiday! Time to let loose with any jokes and pranks in this build!

All packs and kits allowed
--- last month was a very rare exception pack and kit wise. I will always tell you if there’s going to be an exception about packs or kits.

Any décor style

Info:
From a house shell (please use the hashtag for that month which someone will make each month, please choose a room to create from that house shell. Feel free to add landscape and put activities in the yard of the house shell. For the house shell --- any size lot is fine. I was thinking of using a larger lot like a 50X50 lot. Make sure to give yourself credit for creating the house shell with a hashtag. The main areas of the house and outside landscaping/anything outside that isn’t a room could be a collab and will also be in the stream.
This month, @JojoMOMSTER volunteered again to create the shell, but anyone in this challenge may add to the main areas.
Then, everyone, please upload your rooms to the gallery with the
hashtag: #fireflyaprilfools
Room types:
Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, dining room, study, kids room, outdoor room --- or other type of room --- as long as we get each of the rooms above in the build. Of course, we may not always need a kids’ room. Also, I'll let you know how many of each room we need for the challenge.
Please tell me which room you want to do as soon as possible.
I will keep track of which room types are left.
The hashtag for the whole challenge this month: #fireflyaprilfools, so please use that hashtag too so I can find everything.

On stream, I’ll tour the house.
However, I’ll nominate each room in the challenge for a Maxis fave. I’ll also be able to tell who did which room in the finished house.

I'll post it in announcements on discord, on my Twitter and here on the TS4 forum!

Deadline: Sunday, April 24, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. EST
Tours on my Twitch stream: Monday, April 25, 2022 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST
Any budget, lot type and packs or kits
No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.

In addition, please post your rooms to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!

Entry Form:
Forum ID:
Origin ID:
Gallery Name of Room:
Gallery Link:
Building tip feedback wanted?
Creative notes about your room:
Back Story:
Please Include:
one screenshot showing most of the room
A bird’s eye view of the room
3 to 5 additional screenshots of your room

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s rooms :)!
4kkjdXo.png

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Thank you very much @rosemow B)! I'm happy you like my new challenge and are anticipating the entries B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member

Gingerbread Cafe

Forum ID: Archer_Sim
    Origin ID: saturnspoon
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/403B80BA19FF11EA81C32495E2BB44F7?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false
    Name and town of the lot used: Willow Creek - Ophelia Villa

Building tip feedback wanted? No thank you, but thank you for hosting such a fun challenge. It really made me happy to build this!

When I was a child I didn't believe in Santa Claus. When I was VERY young my father said to me, "There's no such thing as Santa! I'm the "MFer" who puts in the overtime at the truck plant and your mother and I buy your gifts." (sorry, but that's what he said...he was a blunt man) Ironically, today would have been his 67th birthday if he were still alive. I'll be 47 years old this Friday, and looking back, I understand why he said it and I'm not traumatized over it. In addition, my Mom was a practicing hardcore Evangelical and Santa didn't have much of a place in our Christmas traditions. I still always enjoyed watching other kids, who did believe in Santa, meet him to have their pics made and to tell him what they wanted for Christmas. I might have been jealous of their excitement. I loved how there would always be a backdrop with a fireplace, decorated tree and piles of presents. I appreciated the work that went into the decorating and also the kindness and patience that was always exhibited by the person playing Santa. So that is why I incorporated the special area of Gingerbread Cafe just for Santa's meet and greet.

Additional Photos: https://imgur.com/a/g4RdZNI

PDXTgE5.png
    4Jaajc0.png
    8qBUSFW.png
    WFe6c6Q.png

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    This looks great @Archer_Girl :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Gingerbread Cafe is a lovely place for Sims to enjoy visiting! @Archer_Girl :) Very pretty exterior design, Christmas lights on roofing, snowflakes prints on wall, strings of stars and starry night lights and Christmas wreath on the roofing. The colourful circles footpath, coloured floor lights, cute snowmen and nut crackers , party hats and pretty Christmas tree and presents in the front area are lovely! Very beautiful fireplace area where kids can enjoy meeting Santa! The festive wall and window decorations,candles and cards on the fireplace ledge, patterned floor rug. and the Christmas tree are lovely! Very nice interior dining area! It looks very nice the way the dining tables and chairs have been set up for Sims to enjoy eating and drinking what they have bought at the cafe.
    It is a very nice gingerbread build :)
    Happy birthday for Friday! <3
    Awesome gingerbread house @Archer_Girl B)<3! I'll go in game to look at it tomorrow B) ! It's very creative and cute B)<3 !
    4kkjdXo.png

Entry Form
    Forum ID: AlJay
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Link: Plumbobs and Gumdrops
    Name and town of the lot used: Rustic Residence in Windenburg
    Building tip feedback wanted? Sure!
    Creative notes about your build:
    I tried to make my gingerbread house as candy filled on the outside as possible without taking anyone else's ideas (there are some great gingerbread houses out there!) but the interior is decorated just generally festive. I used some of my own Christmas artwork on the walls.
    Back Story:
    No back story yet...hopefully wonderful Christmas holiday memories can be made for your sims here :)
    Street view
    QpNbbW6.png
    A bird’s eye view
    xUhwUIU.png
    Additional Screenshots
    Link to slideshow
    Plumbobs and Gumdrops is a lovely gingerbread cottage! @AlJay :) The name of the home is great! Very nice pretty exterior design! The plumbob candy on the roofing, candy on the chimney, the festive coloured floor lights on edges of pathway, the festive candy themed wall decorations, pretty Christmas tree, the sleigh with presents and the cute snowmen and nutcrackers in the front garden are very great! Very lovely festive furnishing and layout of the interior! The red,green festive colours and brown gingerbread colours are very nice! The festive furnishing is very beautifully done! The garlands and banners are lovely on the windows, very nice festive fireplace with pretty candles on top of it, very nice festive patterned floor rugs, and festive wooden dining table and chairs is nice and homely. Very nice armchairs fireplace reading nook.Your Christnas wallart through the home is lovely!
    It is a very pretty and festive gingerbread home! The night time screenshots with the plumbob lights on are lovely! :)
    Awesome house @AlJay B)! Awesome gingerbread house B)! I'll get back to you and @Archer_Girl very soon. Sorry for the slight delay!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you so much @rosemow :)
    Review:
    I love all the quirky details in your house @Archer_Girl B)! Those enlarged building blocks are an awesome touch! Nice layout and design! The rugs you used to create the path to the house look great, and the night lights are so cute! Awesome area for Santa to listen to what the kids want for Christmas! I love you back story, by the way, and it’s nice that you made your gingerbread house a café! I like all the decorations, the little separate kitchen and the arrangement of the café inside! Thank you so much for contributing to my challenge <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited December 2019
    Review:
    Awesome cat wand fuzzy “plants,” snow man “arms,” present pile in the sleigh and fun details, thoughout @AlJay <3! The Christmas tree forest and the decorations outside, make your gingerbread house magical! Inside, the Christmas dinner looks great on the table and in the kitchen, the layout is nice and the decorations are very festive! Nice open kitchen/dining room/living room combo B) ! Thank you for entering my challenge :)!
    I really like your house B)! I would put some stone or brick under the fireplace to more likely prevent a fire and to break up the floor covering and add even more visual interest than you already had.
    4kkjdXo.png

I love your screenshots @Archer_Girl and @AlJay B)<3! I forgot to mention that :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you so much @coolsim9999999 Great advice about the fireplace!
    You're very welcome @AlJay :)! I'm so happy you entered my challenge B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    After doing a Victorian build for the Literature challenge, I am officially in ultra-modern wacky build mode.

A preview of coming attractions.

jtRHvnl.png
    Your gingerbread cottage WIP is looking very great! @wendyology :) Very creatively designed triangular exterior design with colourful candy on the exterior! The mini Christmas trees are pretty and great! Very nice trains on the festive red,white and green flooring!
    I love your WIP @wendyology B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited December 2019
    Okay here it is! I ran out of time but might work more on it at some point in the future.

Entry Form
    Forum ID: Wendyology
    Origin ID: Wendyology
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A6790E54238E11EA896AF3DBDD0CBB2C
    Name and town of the lot used: Midtown Meadows
    Building tip feedback wanted? Sure, I consider this to still be a work in progress.
    Creative notes about your build: This started out as a modern A-frame build, but eventually I decided that if I'm going to do extreme angles with roofing, I might as well really go for it.

sw2M5Ni.png
    F3oKpYz.png
    Baby Yoda gets a present.
    zKmngNq.png
    Top level, display tree you need to teleport to.
    QI1ZjhT.png
    8ULW0el.png
    imgxy5MDrR.png
    Post edited by wendyology on
    Your Gingerbread house is lovely! @wendyology :) Very creatively designed triangular Christmas tree exterior and the colourful candy on the exterior walls looks great! The small mini Christmas trees with presents nearby are very nice! The Baby Yoda statue near one of them is cute! The festive red,white and green flooring around the base of the home looks great! The train on the edges is a great touch.Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The festive red and green colour scheme is very nice and the circles floor rugs in the bedroom adds a special look to the room. Very nice room off from the bedroom for Sims to enjoy doing art on the easel, using the computer at the study desk and have fun playing chess.
    It is a very nice gingerbread home! :)
    Awesome build, @wendyology --- I'll write more about it today.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited December 2019
    Review:
    The Christmas trees, toy train, presents, additional Christmas decorations, Baby Yoda and intricate tiling pattern outside, make your gingerbread house magical @wendyology B)! The lava lamp “candy” and spire on the green roof look yummy and like a candy Christmas tree <3! Inside, the layout is very nice, the present closet and the candy rug in the bedroom is cute! Your A-frame idea certainly evolved into such a very creative and complexly-roofed A-frame <3! The roofing is the centerpiece of this very magical build! ! Thank you for entering my challenge :)!
    I love your screenshots B)<3!
    I really like your house B)! I would add more decorations on the first 3 floors (I’ll bet you would’ve done that if you had more time before Christmas), put a light in the usable closet in the bedroom, put more clutter around the house and used more rugs or different at least two flooring choices in each room to highlight special parts of a room, such as under the kitchen cabinets or TV nook.
    4kkjdXo.png

@coolsim9999999 Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. I agree with all of your critiques.

Can you tell that I furnished the top level first? After all the time I put into the roof and lava lamps there wasn’t time for anything else. Ugh, adulting before a trip takes a lot of time.
    edited December 2019
    The gingerbread contest is closed for Maxis fave nomination.
    If you post after this, then, I will still tour your build on my live stream on December 27 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST B)!

Everyone had such creative builds <3!
    Thank you very much for doing my challenge, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited December 2019
    You’re very welcome, @wendyology :)! Yes I thought you completed the top level before the rest :)! The roof and lava lamps were incredible B)<3! It’s totally fine :)! Enjoy your trip B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top