Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I have a few things yet to catch up on here. @Hidehi I can certainly understand your feeling overwhelmed with it all. When I am a day or two behind, I start to feel the same, and needing to take it all on at once from the start would be more than I could handle. Your thank you was quite nice and sufficient (and well written), and I loved your holiday greeting "card" with nods to many of the gifts.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn So nice of you to finish and share the gift for Mystik and the rest of us. I immensely enjoyed your story, as well as the sims and the house. It certainly did become something more than a cabin! I've only seen what can be observed in your pictures so far, but it looks lovely. I intend to get it in game at some point here for a closer look.

@ciane Wowza, I certainly love your last inspiration home and your version of it. Again, I haven't seen it in game (and how I hate having to say that over and over), but I saw a lot in the pictures Rflong shared, and it's beautiful. I love its sleek lines and layout. @Rflong7 I don't think I've ever had that challenge, or if I did, I must have dismissed it (I'm always in a hurry to get somewhere I'm planning to go), but it was fun that you shared it with us.

@Kesminlix I'll have to agree with everyone else that the horse coats are very beautiful. I look forward to trying them out when I get back to one of my households with horses. Your holiday cabin is darling, and no, not overdone. Love the red you used for the sofas/chair in the living room and the children's bedroom, that I see in Jessabean's shared picture, is really great.

@GraceyManor I was thinking I had commented on your surprise twister, but maybe that was just in my head. That was a fun and unexpected turn you took there. I'm so glad the house survived. Otherwise, I think you might be in a lot of trouble. ;)

To everyone, I am really enjoying all the pictures and stories you are sharing. They are as fun as the gifts themselves.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    . . . For anyone interested, the Hunter guys met their neighbors:
    https://cianesims.home.blog/story/gift-exchange/hunters/h1/

Woot @suzses! I love that you put all that effort into tweaking the town just right! And, I love that Rafe met Amber and that Lucie and Leo have met too! I look forward to some more pics and story telling from you!

@ciane You didn't waste any time there! LOL I am more than capable of that myself but was trying to take things more slowly for once. I can see, though, that having multiple hopelessly romantic types might make that problematic. I think it's starting to already!

and @SamelaRita, too -

It was Leisure Day in my game (so we're up to Christmas in early September now ;) ) and I decided to send the gals over to the guys' house in the morning because they hadn't had the chance to escape yet. Amber struck up a conversation with Leo, Lucie with Rafe. Hearts fly in all directions with these sims! Amber and Leo, as well as Lucie and Rafe, have compatible astrological signs but seem more inclined to disagreements than when combined the other way. Hmmm.

Anyway, this is how they spent the majority of the day

49199715362_e6f4e3a0ca_z.jpg

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I'm sorry it has taken me so long to comment.

Yes, @ADWilson, I am officially DONE gifting. :tongue::D
    @60smusicluvr - Sorry it took so long to share my latest pics of Anastasia's play. Here they are:

http://cianesims.home.blog/story/60s/ana/

I'm not the story teller several are, but I do enjoy my gifts. Thank you so much!

You were fun to make gifts for, @ciane. I think Latoya would fit well in the fashion design career. If not, I feel she has other things to fall back on. I'm so glad you're not only enjoying the gifts I have given you, but enjoying gifts from others to others as well. :blush:

Speaking of . . . I don't think I ever got around on commenting on your glass plumbob or your modern. The Plumbob House is such a creative design. I'm impressed with how well you made the diamond shape and still made it playable. I really like the outdoosy look to the California House in the back.

@Rflong7, enjoying all the pictures.

@GraceyManor, after all that, Ginger and Henry won't forget each other any time soon, I'm sure! Wowza! :scream:

@Kesminlix, the horse coats are beautiful! :heart_eyes:

@Hidehi, even though ‘Haven D’Amour’ has been neglected all this time, it still manages to be beautiful. Yes, I see so much potential here! I like the names of your sims.

Thank you all for another fun gift exchange! I'm so sad to see it go for the time being, but looking forward to the next. Hopefully it will be right around the corner. :smiley:

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I figured you were done @60smusicluvr :wink:
    Thanks for stopping by and making sure I knew. MUCH appreciated!

If by around the corner, you mean my planning for gifting to happen around the Sims 3 Birthday/Anniversary in early June, 2020 ... then YES, it's right around the corner! :D
  • Options
    @ADWilson I'll be looking forward to that anniversary gift exchange! Thank you again for all you do to make these possible.
    Thank you, too, @MiaSkywalker for your assist in keeping us safe and allowing Addy to get some sleep during gifting. You're both very much appreciated.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I go away for a few days and come back to a gift and not only a gift but an EPIC gift! I loved the story and find myself wondering the future holds for our dear Ty! The back story was amazing and so is the house! I am downloading it now so I can check it out better! Thank you so very much for thinking of me dear Mama D! I will enjoy playing with both Ty solo and maybe even the full family as well!
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I go away for a few days and come back to a gift and not only a gift but an EPIC gift! I loved the story and find myself wondering the future holds for our dear Ty! The back story was amazing and so is the house! I am downloading it now so I can check it out better! Thank you so very much for thinking of me dear Mama D! I will enjoy playing with both Ty solo and maybe even the full family as well!

I hope you have fun with Ty, there was something more I had planned and wanted to make his ltw for you. He's got enough of a start that I think you might be able to figure it out based on something from your letter. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @suzses, you knew I'd have to play with your creations too! I'm sure you'll be surprised at this:
    https://cianesims.home.blog/story/gift-exchange/roomies/

Hopefully, it's a nice surprise.
  • Options
    @suzses, you knew I'd have to play with your creations too! I'm sure you'll be surprised at this:

I like how you were able to accommodate everyone with the opened up living spaces. It's fun to read how everyone was getting along. Thanks for sharing it. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member

I had planned to add the roomies to the neighborhood dating pool but they seem to do well with each other, something to consider now. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm borrowing from @ciane and have created a page just for Thagus to hopefully make it easier follow his and Xad's adventures. So far only the intro is up.

Update: An updated repost of Thagus's first day is now up on the blog.
    Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Jessabeans, guess who found her long lost save of the Monty family (circa 2015)? :wink: Okaaaay. Actually, I found it not long before this gift exchange started in an old flash drive, deep inside my Vera Bradley backpack. I had been wondering what had happened to that family because I've been wondering what I must have been thinking, deleting them off my computer! Bianca was going places, man! . . . Clearly, I must have gone crazy during that time. Ahh. Yes. That makes a lot of sense. 2015. Ergh. :s

Anywho, I was looking forward to moving them in a brand new, beautiful home. I recall making some adjustments to the original home they have within the world, but didn't know what to do with all the extra space it provided me. :weary: So after a long while, enough for Isabella Monty to kick the can, I wanted to move them out into any empty home, but I didn't know what to do with that either, when I attempted to do it. Needless to say, that save is long gone in favor of the original home one.

Today, however, I picked up the save in University with the eldest daughter, Bianca, getting awfully close to earning the Fine Arts degree and graduating. After a few attempts of her attending the ceremony, I was finally able to get her inside the building (resetsim worked miracles!) and she finally went home! Yippee! I can move them into a very special place. o:)

I had to make some very minor adjustments.

Since I do not have that beautiful gate from Outdoor Living, I changed it to this one from the store.
    NT1wtcW.jpg

The boy bedroom fits perfectly for the teenagers, Celso and Antonio. They're both ready for prom, graduation, and heading off to University. It's wonderful how that room turned out because you even have the mascot flags in there ready to go and two beds. Anastasia, the youngest, has the perfect childs' bedroom and it was already designated for a little girl as well. Since we had a very large space for babies and toddlers on the lower level and I needed a space for Bianca, I decided to move her into the master suite. I moved all her honors into the room as well as a snapshot of her with her university 'boyfriend.' I'm hoping to invite him over and making that official, since I didn't have the time at university for them to get out of the 'romantic interest' stage. I am worried that might be a little glitchy, since I've heard stories about vacationing sims getting involved with a sim that lives in another world, though. That, we shall see. I use 'save as . . . ' a lot.
    LzTRmUf.jpg

The new master suite, formerly another toddler room, has been redone for Patrizio Monty and his late wife, Isabella. (She died in a fire. Fire cracker shrimp is hot! ). This was easy because I basically just copied everything over from the master suite and recolored it.
    cGN5z9I.jpg

@jessabeans made this look easy. By the way, that's Isabella Monty's Urn on the right side of the table. She comes out, sometimes.
    771GIVb.jpg

With these few adjustments, the Monty's could finally enjoy themselves in their new home. It would take all their earnings, but no sweat! Patrizio may be in retirement, but Bianca's got this. With her new degree, she can dig them out of this hole, fast.

KTzxFub.jpg

Patrizio see's the beautiful grill but, tonight, he's keeping it simple. Spagetti with veggie sauce hits the spot. As a side note, the sims had an incomplete flooring or walls moodlet. I tried to search for what could be missing, but didn't see anything. :worried:

T7AA1wd.jpg

Antonio preferred to grab an omelette from the fridge because he couldn't wait for dad to finish cooking! :angry:
    urux7Rc.jpg

The others had a nice meal, together
    HiJ0DXk.jpg

But not Anastasia Monty. No, she's done everything by herself so far.
    RDDIRjP.jpg

Bianca enjoys the pool.
    Bm4YsOD.jpg

And I love this view from the back. This will fit the Montys for generations to come.
    gzYtocG.jpg
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr I tried gifting you the Old Town: Starter Kit for the shutters but it says you own them, I wonder why they didn't show up. Do you have object hiding on? I'm sorry about the gate, I kept making sure I didn't use the pack, so no outdoor kitchen, but I thought the gate was from ambitions for some reason. The dragon valley gate looks lovely too. I had the arch from IP at one point, but it was too tall.

I'm so happy to see a family moved in, the double masters is great idea for a multi-generational family. The blue recolor looks lovely. I kept thinking about a mother in law suite on the ground floor but then I thought a playroom would be better for people and their far too many at once little sim babies.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr when adding a sim to the home from uni or a vacation world, the best method (minimal glitch potential) is to invite that sim for a visit. Once they've arrived chat/hangout with them until the "ask to move in" option is available under friendly actions. Once that action is available immediately ask them to move in. Once they are safely moved in you can do what you need to do regarding any other romantic interests they might have, if any, and get them hitched without worrying about your sim becoming a stranded but married sim.

@Jessabeans shutters like to move and shift. It's happened to several of my builds as well. Unfortunately right now I don't recall the fix, but there's a thread about it somewhere on the forums ... be back.

update with a few links on an ancient problem, and you were right about unchecking hide objects that's part of the solution:
    Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @Jessabeans, I have the set installed. Like, @Mmdrgntobldrgn says, the shutters are weird. I didn't even realize they were missing. :frowning: I wrote some stuff I learned about them in the last gift exchange. I think it has a lot to do with the roof, which makes them practically useless to place most of the time. :cry: But I'll wait till she gets back to us. If there is a solution, I want to know about it. It's no problem. I found the dragon valley gate very quickly and copied over the textures from the fence for a quick and easy fix. It's much better than the wood gate I was given. :lol:

I have your original lot saved minus the gate. Just had to do these small adjustments for this particular household. The Montys fit in it nicely. :smiley: The blue recolor also matches with the bathroom. :wink:

@Mmdrgntobldrgn, ok. That's what I was thinking of doing. I wasn't sure if sending the boys to university would cause any weird issue with this bf sim being in two places at once or something crazy like that.
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn, I'm going to have to take a close look at that. Thank you.
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    @suzses Remember I wrote that I wish I was a Sim so I could enjoy the European flair of the Chalet on Azure Lake.. Well I did the next best thing.. My avatar also known as Daphne Melody went on a lovely vacation to explore the beauty of the chalet as well as Aurora Skies..

Daphne Melody at home at the Chalet on Azure Lake during the Summer in Aurora Skies!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I can't wait to explore all the other beautiful lots!!
  • Options
    @LMC6255 I'm glad to hear Daphne is having a good time :) and hope for another postcard soon. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses Thank you! I will be creating more post cards! The Chalet looks beautiful in game!!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hello Everyone,

Speaking of avatars, I thought I would share this since it's almost Christmas.. I spend a lot of time over at the DD thread, and I practically lived there during the Summer! :D While I was there I did not only learn how to get store stuff at a much better price, but I also met some of the coolest Simmers there that have done all sorts of creative Simming! I came accross a Simmer her Simmer name is bekkasan and she shared this awesome gem with us! (bekkasan's avatar is the one playing the drums)

https://youtu.be/XXpTCfZvzBQ

I had to know more after seeing the video and I discovered the awesomeness of Wallin Gaming! He created a series of Christmas themed videos that just took my breath away!! I figured now is good time to share two of my favoites.. Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/lVWryCVqUuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFbuoNAyoI0

Here is the link to Wallin's play list of Sim Christmas Videos for those who want to see even more.. I don't blame you! They are simply amazing!!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVWryCVqUuk&list=PLfiei295OqYidqSYw6v8IyoppRfFrCZpQ

Enjoy and I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday season!!
  • Options
    @LMC6255 Thanks for sharing the holiday cheer :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @LMC6255, aw. You made me nostalgic. :cry: I used to lurk that thread for quite some time and then I eventually made some posts. They used to share a lot of things on the DD thread outside of sims (personal stuff) and Wallin would put a lot of other creators sims into his videos like the one you've shown above. I own pretty much the whole store (minus some worlds that require $ vs simpoints) free with the help from them, the daily deals, the ads that used to play, CYS and my alarm clock. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Patrizio see's the beautiful grill but, tonight, he's keeping it simple. Spagetti with veggie sauce hits the spot. As a side note, the sims had an incomplete flooring or walls moodlet. I tried to search for what could be missing, but didn't see anything. :worried:

@60smusicluvr I wasn't able to get into game last night but I tested it this morning, if you redo the ceiling tiles in the porch behind the kitchen it should go away. I guess when I used (a tiny bit of cfe) making the hottub roof the rooms are considered connected now. Sorry about it.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Loved seeing all the pics, the new story, and the video! Thanks for sharing them all.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @ciane, @60smusicluvr and @suzses Thank you!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top