The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What order did you get the sims in?

Comments

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't have all of them
    Don't have 1 and 2, but I did get 4 and 3 in that order. The reason being that a relative of mine initially got me into The Sims as a whole by playing Sims 3, but I got Sims 4, which she then started to enjoy a lot when watching so she got Sims 4 as well, and around the same time I wanted to try Sims 3 so we kind of swapped places for a while. As for now, both of us only have Sims 4 installed right now...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,940 Member
    Sims 1 sims 2 sims 3 sims 4
    TS1 I only have vacation and makin' magic Iove it but I don't often play because needs are pain and I don't have all packs and then even my computer hates to run it

TS2 lended to someone and never got most of the packs back so late night and bon voyage for that

like it in a way but in another way idk I suppose I just feel the lack of many packs I used to have when I play it now and there is some things that I didn't really realize were annoying back then

TS3 don't really like anymore for tons of reasons but I have most packs because due to origin I can't sell them ._.

avoided the sweet treat horror and most of the store and world pack stuffs thankfully

TS4 is okay could be better too tho but is recovery from my annoyances with ts3
    misses few things from ts1 and 2 that could easily make me love this game

I also played some of the spinoffs like urbz and medieval that got some nice stuffs but also their own small annoyances
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I got them in order of release dates.

The Sims 3 was the only iteration where I bought packs in different orders, not in line with their release dates. I ended up getting all of them in the end, save for that one pack that shall not be named.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Other
    Sims 1, Sims 3 Sims 2 Sims 4

Got Sims 1, didn't get Sims 2 as I was playing other games. Got back into simming when Sims 3 was part of a Humble Bundle I got for another game, then got Sims 2 free.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I don't have all of them
    I started with the sims 4. Then I tried the sims 3 when it was on sale on steam, but I didn't like it. So now I only play the sims 4 :smile:
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't have all of them
    I don't have Sims 1.

Okay so, I got Sims Pet Stories > The Sims 3 > The Sims 2 UC > The Sims 4.

I went all out of order. XD
    I also had Sims Castaway Stories for a hot second.
  • MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    Other
    I started with Sims 3 then Sims 4. I got the ultimate Sims 2 bundle thing on Origin, I tried to play it, since everyone always talks about how its the best (or so I've heard a lot) but I could not get it for the life of me. Sims 3 was my life haha I have so many hours and money invested in that game, not even going to talk about the simpoints for the store....
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Other
    I really didn't get them in order, and due to moving several times I don't have most of what I had collected. What I did start off with was The Sims on PS2 console, and I got every single console version up to Sims 3. I did get Sims 3 but hated it big time for the console. When it came to the PC version my first two computers were not compatible with Sims 1 and 2. I did eventually get them, and by the time Sims 3 came out I was able to get everything all in order as it came out. Although I'm not sure how much longer my computer can play Sims 4 because after adding Discover University my computer is struggling.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I started with TS1 base game, and was already a huge fan by the end of TS1 (I was actually a moderator on a popular TS1 fan forum back then :D ). I bought/played TS2, TS3, and TS4 all on their launch day.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2019
    Interesting to read the different experiences!
    For me it was 1-2-3-4 as well - although I didn't get some of the packs in release order (especially for the first generation).
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I had all of them in order on different computers. I played TS1 and TS2 kind of simultaneously. I kept playing several TS1 EPs during the TS2 years but I went back and forth between these games. I later played TS3 at 3 different intervals.

I started TS4 midway through, took a break for unrelated reasons and came back more recently. I tended to play at certain times of year or when it would fit in my schedule.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Other
    Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, Sims 1. I recently acquired the original Sims discs as a status symbol/nostalgia. I'd played a few times, but never owned it.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,467 Member
    I don't have all of them
    I began with Sims2. Prior to that I barely played any electronic games, you can ask my children. They would play Mario Cart Birthday, or whatever it was called and upon occasion they would beg me to play with them. It was all I could do to get through the first game. If I was 'out', they would beg me to play another game. Finally, I relied on the time of day it was to make a 'graceful' exit. "I have to go start dinner," being the most likely excuse. Mind you, I enjoyed doing something with my children, I just was never a huge electronic gamer. Then I got introduced to the Sims2. I moved onto Sims3, (silly me I bought into the promise of better AI and smarter Sims). I was hugely disappointed and played as often as before (which was every single day of the week, including after Church on Sundays), but I had a love/hate relationship with the game. Once Sims4 was announced to be a single-player game, I read up about it and decided to take the plunge, reminding myself that a base game was just that. Base. Precious little included. I was looking for something different, however. I was looking for a return to the way the Sims themselves would automatically interact and do funny and silly things on their own. I found that, so here I am.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    I don't have all of them
    I started the series with the Sims 3 then got Sims 4 not too long after it came out. I was very quickly hooked on the series with TS3 and wasn't sure if I'd enjoy TS4 as much, but I definitely do! :smile: With all the love for Sims 2, I might have to see if there's a way to go back and give it a shot. I have a much better computer than I did when I first played Sims 3 and I have kind of been wanting to revisit it lately.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Other
    I played a little bit of TS1 on my aunt's computer, then I got TS2 for PS2, then I got TS3 and lastly TS4. I recently got TS1 and TS2 for PC, but TS1 doesn't run that well on my PC.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    Other
    I didn't discover the Sims until shortly after Sims 3 came out. It was early on, I think, right before Late Night wasn't out yet but it was getting lots of hype for coming soon. I was more excited for World Adventure and couldn't decide if I wanted to get WA or wait for LN. I ended up getting WA as my first ever expansion. After WA I was completely hooked and mostly get everything that comes out after that one. To this day one of my favorite expansions. I want to go back and try some Sims 2 but I'm afraid I'd be disappointed and bored after starting with 3 & 4 the way I did. I'm kind of jealous of the ones who started at the beginning. Wish I had found it back then. :(
  • MaWhilMaWhil Posts: 29 Member
    I got them in the order they came out. I started playing as a young child. It's really fun to compare the similarities and differences between all 4 games.
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I played all but on different devices through the years.

Had sims 1 on an old PC as a kid.
    Then as a teenager played sims 2 on my dad's desktop.
    First laptop I had, had sims 3.
    And now I'm an adult and have sims 4 on my current laptop. No longer have access to the old versions. 😅
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited December 2019
    I started with the sims and the sims hot date. I would go on to buy all the expansions for the game.
    When the sims 2 was announced I was so excited for sim families. I couldn't wait to see how genetics played out. I remember coming home every day after school to see if any more news came out about the sims 2.
    I then played the sims 3 and loved the open world that it came with. It was something that I desperately wanted in the sims 2 and loved that I could finally visit my neighbors.
    My brother bought me the sims 4 for as a Christmas gift a year or so after the game came out.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    I played them all, and while I love the character detail of the Sims 4, it is my least favorite game. With Sims 4 we are no longer playing with life, we are playing with a simulation of life. Your Sim is a doctor, but can't treat his/her own children. No-one gets sick at a restaurant and asks "Is there a doctor here?" There are no bandits, no firemen, no police, almost nothing for teens to do, and my Sims no longer have personalities just traits. Anyone and everyone is attractive, and they took away online dating, meh. And my forever rant, I can't even add highlights to my Sims' hair. Ridiculous!

The watered down version of the game is okay, and I do love the Sims, but Sims 4 does not give me the internal glee that I got from playing the previous versions.

I wish EA would look at some of the gameplay from Sims 1, 2 and 3, and add some of it to the Sims 4. Make the game more realistic, so that when we same we are playing with life, it's actually true.

Happy Simming my friends!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,084 Member
    Other
    I started TS4 in September 2015 and bought TS3 in November 2016 B)!

I don't have TS1 or TS2, but they look cool on YouTube B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don't have all of them
    I only have The Sims 4. I'm thinking of getting the others at some stage, though.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I have them all, but play only 2 (regularly) & 4 (when in the mood). I'd like to get 1 installed on an old XP machine I have when I have the time. 3 is installed on a stand-by machine, but almost never gets attention. It never really fit my play style. 2, on the other hand, is on 2 machines and gets regular work outs. Best and most fun version of the series!
  • VulpixSerpensVulpixSerpens Posts: 72 Member
    I don't have all of them
    Sims 3 then 4 a few months later! I haven't gone back to ts3 very much since, so I decided not to even TRY 1 and 2 :D
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited December 2019
    Other
    The Sims 3, The Sims 2, The Sims 4, The Sims. But I haven't played the original.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest