Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DU Sims age?

I was wondering if Discover University is like TS3 University where it’s always the same sims/doormies that never age and are basically there with every single generation, or if they age and move on from uni? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I never played TS3 Uni, but in DU the dorm is a household, just like any other household. You can split and move and so, but should be done only between terms. Each term lasts for 5-7 simdays, and the quickest your sim can graduate is in 3 terms. Many prefer turning aging off while on campus, because if the students age so will all other sims in your game (unless you age only active household). Still, spending 21 years at University is a bit too long.

You can play many student houses at the same time, but should focus on just one per term, and then after a term choosing not to re-enroll right away. This works better in a residential house, because if staying in a dorm your sim must move out if not re-enrolling right away. Next generation can choose other degrees and stay in a different dorm/lodging, and even study at a different university. It's all up to you :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    All student that is attending university will age. There are only a small number of premade university students (I can only think of 5 sims at the moment), all the others will be created by your game after the game save is started.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    All student that is attending university will age. There are only a small number of premade university students (I can only think of 5 sims at the moment), all the others will be created by your game after the game save is started.

So they’ll basically just stay at Uni until they age to elder and die off?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited December 2019
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

So they’ll basically just stay at Uni until they age to elder and die off?

No, they stay there only during their terms.

When your sim arrives a dorm, the game will technically generate new NPC students. Sometimes a few of them will even move out during your stay, being replaced, but only between terms. I don't know if some students might re-appear later on, but the concept is that they are replaced. Each NPC student has its own traits, affecting their behavior (throwing party, bringing free food, repairing stuff, being very depressed etc), and a random mix of NPC characters in your dorm will make each Uni experience different. I had some NPC students who I saw in game previously (before DU install), even one 3 stars celeb, so they are not totally new, but I guess there is a mix of new and old. Most seems new to me, and after playing 4-5 groups of students to graduation, I hardly saw any reuse of NPCs, if at all. Some previous NPC students might stop by as visitors after they graduated, but so will any sim you have met before, so those guests might be randomly picked from your sim's contacts.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg