March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Takes Too Long!

I just started a legacy challenge and my sim married her husband when they were both adults. Then I got DU in the mail the same day so installed it. Decided to get her husband to go to uni from home.

She got pregnant and had twins. He didn't finish university till the day he aged as a Elder and their babies are now children. He missed out on most of their childhood cause he was busy with uni. And now I don't know how long he will live.

He has a high paying job now but I'm wondering if all the suffering was worth it? Why does it take so long?

I think it would be better if it was shorter. Oh and my sim did 4 classes a term. It would have took longer otherwise.

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Turn off aging while you're at university. It's the best solution. Or at the very least, make it a long life span.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Turn off aging while you're at university. It's the best solution. Or at the very least, make it a long life span.

Fair comment. But that would be cheating since I'm doing a legacy challenge lol. You have to do it on normal lifespan too.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Not to mention, it gets really boring and repetitive after a while... Still haven't been able to complete it with a sim of mine because I get so bored of it cos it takes so long :''D Now my main family's mother is almost there...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2019
    I think it is designed so that you are expected to start uni when you are YA. I don't think it is worth it though because it is so easy to get promotions anyway. But I do like that they learn a lot of skills when they are studying at the university.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I think it is designed so that you are expected to start uni when you are YA. I don't think it is worth it though because it is so easy to get promotions anyway. But I do like that they learn a lot of skills when they are studying at the university.

Promotions are so easy if you have a responsible sim. I've yet to have a sim expreience university life but as I play rotationally, I am happy for them to attend from home for now.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I agree they made it a bit too long but it's a heck of a lot longer due to bugs or issues with gameplay in that it may not even save your progress between gameplay. At least, that happened to me as a few of my Sims (ones already at uni) for some reason kept losing their progress and/or kept stating that they only two more classes then, four more. What??!! They also suspended two of my pre-made Sims for no reason since they had A's and B's, they were forced to move out with no money and they couldn't enroll for about a week in real time, not game time!! NOW THAT IS WAY TOO LONG. Don't know if they will shorten the terms, but they can at least fix the bugs or problematic issues with saving game progress and suspension issues. I hope.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

Fair comment. But that would be cheating since I'm doing a legacy challenge lol. You have to do it on normal lifespan too.

I'm playing a legacy on Normal lifespan, and I turned aging off. Maybe it's cheating, but the alternative is to cheat your Sims out of their youth. This way it doesn't hurt anyone.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    edited December 2019

Has Pinstar updated the Legacy challenge rules to deal with Discover University yet? In the Sims 2 and 3 aging was basically frozen for all concerned so I would expect some allowance in the the Sims 4 version of the challence that sims are aging at Uni unlike previous versions.

If he hasn't accounted for that difference remember the rules allow you to use one potion of youth per sim although that won't help the OP as she allowed the sims to age to elder.

(edited changed to correct name of challenge author)
    Post edited by Moon_Willow on
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.

Has Pinstar updated the Legacy challenge rules to deal with Discover University yet? In the Sims 2 and 3 aging was basically frozen for all concerned so I would expect some allowance in the the Sims 4 version of the challence that sims are aging at Uni unlike previous versions.

If he hasn't accounted for that difference remember the rules allow you to use one potion of youth per sim although that won't help the OP as she allowed the sims to age to elder.

(edited changed to correct name of challenge author)

Thank you, I didn't know he allowed it for University in 2 and 3. I'm guessing it is the same for 4 then. I will do this is the future. :)

I found this on PinStar's website regarding the Legacy Challenge and new packs if anyone else needs to know.

"NOTE: This challenge will not be updated past Seasons (unless something groundbreaking is released) as we feel that the rules are already incredibly long and are getting difficult to maintain both for us and the people that play the challenge. Any expansions, game packs, and stuff packs that are released after Seasons can be used in the challenges and you can play them as you see fit."
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited December 2019
    You sound like you have aging set to short (did NOT read comments, only the original post). I'd suggest moving it to normal next time, and if you can taking four classes a term. That should take at most, 21 days, and as the Young Adult life stage is 24 days with normal that shouldn't happen. Long would work too.

Edit: Also, don't wait too long between terms- sign up again right away if you have too. Just my two cents.
    funny-gifs20.gif