Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

60smusicluvr's Rockin' Creations: Brooklyn Brownstones 8/5/20

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I was thinking I haven't played sims in a couple months. It's not like I've run out of ideas to build or anything, but other things occupy my brain.

I went in game, yesterday, thinking to do something totally different then this has come to.

dv3qIXx.jpg

When I made the shell, I was thinking, 'what a lovely eco house. I'll put it in the woods.' But then it turned into whimsical/fairy nature and now I've got to think where to go with this.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Very lovely WIP build! :) The home shell is very nice! The glass windows are very nice. Very nice outdoors areas! The pond, stone edged pathway, stone fencing and flowers are very nice!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Aw your WIP is so cute. I love it 🤗
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @60smusicluvr , your WIP is looking very adorable! Love the winding pathway leading to the front door. Looking forward to seeing where you go with the inside. :)
    @rosemow @Sandraelle @soocoolsim, thank you for the feedback! I liked the shell so much I was torn on where I wanted to take it. While this image shows a whimisal fairy home, I'm working on another version that will go in a completely different direction and is more in line with what I want to do with the inside.
    @rosemow @Sandraelle @soocoolsim, thank you for the feedback! I liked the shell so much I was torn on where I wanted to take it. While this image shows a whimisal fairy home, I'm working on another version that will go in a completely different direction and is more in line with what I want to do with the inside.

Anxious to see what that direction is! LOL
    I look forward to working on more of it, tonight, @Sandraelle. :smiley: I almost gave up on that version, but i think the truth was that I was trying too hard, so now I've made some good progress. I'm still going to move forward with the fairy version, but have to figure out the landscaping for the other, first.
    edited October 2019
    Oh, this is disappointing.

I experienced the weirdest glitch ever. I was searching for gates for a fence and what appeared in the panel were a whole bunch of debug type items. For instance, poker pieces from the Las Vegas set were separated from the poker table, grilled cheese and other food items were also available, the cow from the store set was separate from the dairy coral . . . It was all very strange. I know i delved into mods recently, but i only have, like, 4. None of them should do that! :# It was the oddest thing ever and then my game got slow. I was like 'uh oh, better save', but got to the spinning circle of death. 'NOOOO!' Now I've got to wait 20+ minutes for the game to reopen and do all the stuff I was happy with all over again. :s I only worked for an hour on it, after work. Hopefully because I know what I'm going to do, I'll catch up fast! My game is almost loaded up again, woo!

UPDATE: All is good now, hurrah!
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
    edited October 2019
    Oh, this is disappointing.

I experienced the weirdest glitch ever. I was searching for gates for a fence and what appeared in the panel were a whole bunch of debug type items. For instance, poker pieces from the Las Vegas set were separated from the poker table, grilled cheese and other food items were also available, the cow from the store set was separate from the dairy coral . . . It was all very strange. I know i delved into mods recently, but i only have, like, 4. None of them should do that! :# It was the oddest thing ever and then my game got slow. I was like 'uh oh, better save', but got to the spinning circle of death. 'NOOOO!' Now I've got to wait 20+ minutes for the game to reopen and do all the stuff I was happy with all over again. :s I only worked for an hour on it, after work. Hopefully because I know what I'm going to do, I'll catch up fast! My game is almost loaded up again, woo!

UPDATE: All is good now, hurrah!

Oh man, so sorry that happened, but what a weird glitch! Glad it's all good now. I panic when my game freezes up or crashes and I haven't saved. I try to save often, but then there's those times that you're on a roll and forget and then when the game comes back up, you see all the stuff that you have to re-do; I think we've all been there and done that, lol. Can't wait to see this build! :)
    @Sandraelle, thankfully I knew what to do so rebuilding didn't take so long. o:)

It was the oddest, yet . . . Coolest glitch ever. B) I thought it might be some wacky CC for a second there. :scream: So many items that should normally come along and be attached to separate items had their very own icons. I really should have taken a picture, now that I think of it. It sounds unbelievable, but it sloooooowed my game down a ton!
    I'm looking forward to showing you guys the WIP yet to be named, when it's finished. My other version of the lot has taken quite an ambitious turn and I'd say it's wildly different than what you see above, despite having the same structure. :smiley:
    edited November 2019
    Errrgh. I can't edit my first post to reflect that I've updated this thread. :rage:

100% of my sim energy this month has gone toward my second version of the WIP-no-more project. I have not worked on the fairy version at all and it looks like it will be awhile before I get back to that one. That said, I wanted to get this project out of the way, so I could work on the gift exchange. So, without further ado, let me introduce you to the Not-So-Minimalistic Farm. It is very country in the front, has a lovely back patio and the inside is pretty modern. There's additional space in the basement for more bedrooms.

nJ6DaC8.jpg
    I expanded the trail from the fairy version and set the lot way back farther, so I could add a lot more.

s1bICSs.jpg

F6ZhxN3.jpg
    The shed allows for additional space for plants.

jgrTNaG.jpg

yhvHgQQ.jpg

nA28QnD.jpg
    The barn has two horse stables inside and also has a large attic. I put the builders workshop up there.

Ic4CLrn.jpg
    This three tier patio was a handful to do, but I love the end result. :sweat_smile:

bAwOcH0.jpg

Remmn4E.jpg

Onto the inside . . .
    eLpOOz6.jpg
    taEk4FR.jpg
    BHrgQ2r.jpg
    UZLz9EH.jpg
    NTCAJ4H.jpg
    jetWxiq.jpg
    N6wkPjU.jpg
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    What a great looking farm, I love the rustic/modern style and the landscaping on the farm is marvelous!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The farm is very lovely! :) Very beautifully landscaped outdoors areas! The flowers, rocks lining the pathway edges, the gardening beds, rolling fields and hay bales look so very nice! The barn is great! Very nice exterior design and textures of the buildings. Very nice modern and rustic themed furnishing of the interior.
    It is a very nice warm and welcoming farm :)
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited November 2019
    Wow :D what a cool twist on modern and Tudor style with hints of whimsy (mind blown at those rolling hay fields). This could fit into many different types of worlds as well as be either residential or commercial. I find my self inspired to try to build a farm now (which I haven't even considered before!).
    edited November 2019
    @jessabeans, thank you. Most of the work was plotting out the land. I started with a much smaller lot, but then the ideas kept getting bigger and bigger! I had the plot of the tracker road, but kept moving it to figure out how to place things around it. :D

Thanks, @Rosemow. As you can see, I had a ton of ideas and combined them together.

@HollownessDevour, that's so great to hear! I'm sure you'd do a fantastic job on it just like your other builds. Farms are a lot of fun to make in my opinion. It just occurred to me that I should have tried this on the wiki. I was sort of rushing to get it all out of the way, I completely forgot about it.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member

@HollownessDevour, that's so great to hear! I'm sure you'd do a fantastic job on it just like your other builds. Farms are a lot of fun to make in my opinion. It just occurred to me that I should have tried this on the wiki. I was sort of rushing to get it all out of the way, I completely forgot about it.

If you like you still can, and I am more than happy to help (even just start by making an account and editing your profile page or messaging me), I already helped jessabeans transfer some pics from her blog to the wiki for when she is ready, and you can ask her how quick I was XD

TBH the longest part once you are use to wiki will just be building and screenshooting in game. Uploading (I use this trick to be quick), filling in the infobox and rest of the preloaded pages takes me about 5 mins but I am very familiar with wikis.

edited December 2019
    BILLIE BOURGEOIS

HOUSEHOLD

Skills: 1 Horseriding, 4 Charisma, 3 Cooking, 2 Logic, 1 Fishing
    Celebrity Stars: 1/5

Applejax Traits: Untrained, Hates Jumping, Brave

SIM

3BjyXHZ.jpg
    omXB0At.jpg

Long story with lots of pictures inside!
    Billie Bourgeois always dreamed of being an equestrian. Ever since she was a little girl, she dreamt of winning the races with a trusty steed, but like most people, she began life on her own quite modestly. Billie purchased this home in Appaloosa Plains a few short months ago.
    fMUCFYN.jpg

It wasn’t much, but it was better . . .
    sSZpoki.jpg

When times were good, she befriended the neighbors.
    FgT4y7f.jpg

And helped them, when they were in need.
    9G9DdjN.jpg

Billie went to the bars, partied at her neighbors’ homes and loved going out and having fun.
    sJRbCrM.jpg

But Billie’s lifestyle of no work and all party would take its toll . . .
    She couldn’t afford the bills.
    T1FvxGB.jpg

And that’s when the repo-man came.
    ps9knSe.jpg
    rJr1f7t.jpg

And took her most prized possessions --- Her signed copy of ‘Where’s Bella?’ along with all her other books.
    Week after week, she lost what little possessions she had till she had none at all and then, when the power was turned off and she still couldn’t pay, she was forced to leave.
    AagEMiG.jpg
    L8T3jGB.jpg

Her humble beginnings came crashing down. All she could afford to live in was a tent in the woods.
    4HQkIgL.jpg

Although Billie had been kicked out and lost what little she had, she refused to be disheartened. She was still that free-spirited individual she always was. She realized she could learn from this predicament. After all, things couldn’t be all bad.
    WC7MEgG.jpg
    ZtCB1k6.jpg

But things would have to get better because there was no way in simheck, she would ever eat anchovy again! This lifestyle can’t afford vegetarianism.
    U7UklN6.jpg

So, she decided she would sleep on it and that she did! When she awoke at the crack of dawn, Billie climbed through her sleeping bag till she found a wad of 400 simoleons and jimmied herself out. This money, saved for the most dire of situations like her health, would be used for another purpose. This one-time exchange would have to be life altering, she decided.
    EFLxjNx.jpg
    oD2fXh2.jpg

For a few hours, Billie would be saddled up with not just any horse, but a well-trained race horse. It felt as if things were meant to be . . . except for the fact she was scared out of her mind, even with a professional trainer keeping watch.
    Could it be that her calling . . . Wasn’t her calling after all? For all her life, her love of horses seemed so true, but how come, then, it had been so scary to finally get a sliver of it?
    Billie was in a state of panic.
    She needed someone –anyone—to confide in. Her money troubles were drowning her! She never expected she’d confess her worries to the paparazzi, but that she did! Never in a million years, had Billie expected someone to take advantage of anyone in a state like this, but now she had a reputation of being some ‘wannabe celebrity’ or some such thing all for taking riding lessons in the hopes that she could make a decent living. She never asked for extravagancy!
    blK5TVR.jpg

Still, Billie knew the risk of putting all her money in this one training session. She would register as a self-employed horsewoman at city hall. The only problem she had no horse and no money.
    m5UVQPJ.jpg

Luckily, Billie had something else under her tool belt. She had made numerous friends in the short amount of time she lived in Appaloosa Plains. Maybe she could schmooze the neighbors for a horse?
    Billie, with all the confidence she could muster, was able to befriend Cheyenne Fox and ask if she could take Brambles for a ride. It was as awful as it looks.
    Q0XonnG.jpg

Still, Billie was determined. Maybe what she needed for the time being was a young foul to grow accustomed to? She took an immediate liking to Willow and knew, instantly, that this was the horse she dreamed of.
    zbUkTqZ.jpg
    GCljmnf.jpg

But it seems, as all things have happened in Billie’s adult life that it just wasn’t meant to be. Cheyenne Fox flat out refused to sell Willow. A loud resounding ‘NO!’ could be heard through the walls of the home. However, Cheyenne insisted that if she could get the other foul ‘off our backs, we’ll give him away for free!’ Without thinking at all, Billie exclaimed, ‘Yes, ABSOLUTELY!’ and the two shook hands. A done deal. Although Applejax wasn’t what you’d call a trusty steed, his traits including untrained, brave (although Billie’s short time with him has proved anything but), and hates jumping, Billie still cares for this young foul.
    PvHXOPd.jpg
    daJof9p.jpg

They’ll have to figure out the world together or . . . die trying?
    ipYnimI.jpg
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
    edited December 2019
    edited December 2019
    edited December 2019

Skills:2 Cooking, 2 Athletic, 1 Charisma, 4 Writing

ISligBH.jpg
    TwA1YNN.jpg
    ZotK06r.jpg

edited December 2019

GENERAL INFO: Four, fully furnished and color coded, unlinked townhouses with a shared 'community' back yard that includes a pool and basketball court. The lot, as downloaded, is set up as an apartment complex.

Apartment complexes act sort of like Sims University. Homeless sims will move into the lot till you get eight total sims. While play testing initially, the sims were added to my household, so I could play them, but in other instances, I only had control of my sims. I'm not sure if that's a glitch, but I actually preferred it that way . . .

If you'd like to avoid this, you can change the lot type to a normal residential build and play it with either all four townhouses open or use the hidden room marker in buy debug to just play with whichever townhouse you like best.

5zxPt3Y.jpg
    gj01Ny8.jpg
    FAnmfSg.jpg

All the townhouses are color coded: Yellow, Blue, Green and Red.
    2Vqn5Q1.jpg

Some interior pictures and more rambling in the spoiler
    You'll see as we go through each home that the interior will have some bold, yet tasteful, color statement based on its assigned color and that the floor plans are a bit different than the next. I didn't take pictures of everything, so there will be a bit more to explore other than what I share with you here. :smile:

The first home on the left is assigned color yellow. All the assigned colors are shown on the back exterior of the home as well as the interior of the front door.
    HyD7eQi.jpg
    UtaInqU.jpg
    hUyoYfe.jpg

The next home is assigned the color blue. It has some nice modern furnishings mixed in with more traditional styles.
    MkQ6lFu.jpg
    vgqOrDa.jpg
    oUringv.jpg

If you were to place hidden room markers everywhere except this home, I would guess the green coded home is the most expensive. It has the most walls of all of them and an extra bedroom, though small.
    D4E3OtA.jpg
    kGFg2ov.jpg

The last home is red.
    hGaKkoK.jpg
    GQzJcih.jpg
    Frzkcml.jpg
    RTgwoiL.jpg