Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    @Lehua That is a cute little build! I really like the slightly rustic feel of it. Your toddler dining area is really cute. If you run out of money and want to do some landscaping, try the debug menu - you can find almost all of the trees / bushes there for free. It really helps for builds like these where money is tight

Thank you never heard of debug before! So far the only cheats I've used are moveobects and unlocking all items. Will try it next time!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @AliSim19 :)
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member

@BuildnShare do you have a date set for the release of the Established Results for Challenge #129 ?
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    edited December 2019
    *edited to fix content to meet 65k limit

CHALLENGE #132 - Triple the Joy
    FORUM ID: Shakerella
    ORIGIN ID: Shakerella
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Domus Familiarus
    NEW LOT LINK: 4BR 4BA + Basement Apt
    LOT COST: $2500
    GALLERY COST: $62,253
    TOTAL COST: $64,753
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/BKkZ5Hi
    ENTRY DETAILS: The lower level has 1 bathroom, office for Holly, stackable washer/dryer. The great room has the kitchen, dining, and living areas combined. Outside the back door is a patio for entertaining. Upper level has a bedroom for their 2 girls and 1 bedroom for their son. A bathroom with a tub for those fun bubble baths. A separate bed/bath for the parents. Their bedroom includes a reading area and also balcony to enjoy tranquility. The basement has everything the in laws need including a small kitchen, dining area, sofa for watching TV, full bathroom, and bed. There is a separate outside entryway to the basement.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    1nkCIze.jpg
    Rk3so3A.jpg
    Post edited by shakerella on
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    @shakerella Cute build! I really like the modern look and how the placement of the windows/roof goes together. Also, the colours of the office / living room go together quite well. For landscaping: if you run out of money try to go for the debug items. There are a lot of free plants and fences, etc. in the game. I think it would make your game "pop" some more 🙂
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    I would absolutely love to do this challenge, but I don't have enough comments to submit photos on the discussion boards just yet. Hrm... at least I can still follow along and get some great build ideas! I'm glad this thread was featured this week so I could check it out!
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @Talea12345 Thank you so much!! I did look through the debug items for some clutter. I should do plants also! Thanks for the tip!

@BlueSargent300 People on these forums are so nice that I am sure they'd post them for you. Just share your imgur url where the pics are!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    Finally found some inspiration and free time through the chaos of the holidays, might be able to try to work on this build the next few days. Just wanted to compliment everyone so far! I love how cozy and familial all the homes are.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    shakerella wrote: »
    @Talea12345 Thank you so much!! I did look through the debug items for some clutter. I should do plants also! Thanks for the tip!

@BlueSargent300 People on these forums are so nice that I am sure they'd post them for you. Just share your imgur url where the pics are!

Yes, we do that often.
    image.png
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Upland Place in Del Sol Valley
    NEW LOT LINK: SomethingOld/SomethingNew
    LOT COST:$2500.00
    GALLERY COST: $62,500.00
    TOTAL COST: $65,000.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/EQQpmd8
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built on Upland place in Del Sol Valley, this home has been renovated to give the family three bedrooms for their triplets, a basement suite for the grandparents, as well as an office to give Holly the ability to work form home. We have designed the house with a kind of new retro 70's vibe throughout. Because the lot was quite large, the family decided to sub-divide the lot in order to earn some extra funds to save for a pool for the kids to use when they are a bit older.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    KZj4XFN.png
    iFGAjsL.png
    @AlJay I really like the retro feel of your build! And I love the garage, that is such a neat idea. Where ever did you get all the kids toys from?
    Thanks @Talea12345
    The tub of toys is from the parenthood pack
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    CHALLENGE #132 - TRIPLE THE JOY

FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Vista Quarry, Oasis Springs, 30x20
    NEW LOT LINK: Casa Familiar Feliz
    LOT COST: 3,500
    GALLERY COST: 61,337
    TOTAL COST: 64,837
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Casa Familiar Feliz Slideshow not had time to do commentary yet, will add tomorrow hopefully
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Another one with a challenging budget! I wanted to try something new so thought I’d try a hot/desert map as I’ve never done an Oasis Springs or Strangerville build before, and I been a little obsessed by the idea of a courtyard after being inspired by @wendyology’s last challenge build so wanted to fit one in somehow (thank you ;) ). This started out in Strangerville but I ran out of budget so got moved to a cheaper lot in Oasis Springs…I didn’t have MOO on as I moved it which lead to a few hours messing around to look at what stays and what changes if people don’t use it. Found out interesting random things like the terrain paint shifts a little sometimes when placing in different worlds, although I couldn’t work out why!! Always learning, so thank you as always @buildnshare for another fun challenge :)<3
    On top of base game/holiday pack we only used Jungle Adventure, Strangerville and Toddler Stuff (which my Assistant Designer insists on or she won’t play with me haha. The grandparents apartment is totally all hers after she collapsed in fits of laughter at my attempt at a small living space :D )

So welcome to Casa Familiar Feliz. We’ve made sure that there are some great outdoor spaces for relaxing and entertaining, that Pierce has a family friendly kitchen to enjoy and that Holly can grab some quiet in her office – if/when triplet children allow any time!! The triplets shared bedroom has toddler beds already in place and welcome balloons waiting where each cot can go once the babies arrive. We’re sure the grandparents will love spending all of their time with the new arrivals but just in case they need a time out from hectic family life their small yet perfectly formed basement flat will let them escape for a while.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Fabulous desert art photos by @luckyheather @harffy @gaiena @juwels64

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

GytsZZx.png

yJBu637.png
  • quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    Wow what a cool challenge! Never knew there’s this kind of challenge running for creating builds and households!
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

FORUM ID: Taoron
    ORIGIN ID: Taoron24121
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Asphalt Abodes, Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2AE1950A1A9511EA8E00342C8609C7AD
    LOT COST: $2000
    GALLERY COST: $62,989
    TOTAL COST: $64,989
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - https://imgur.com/a/NE6mxUX
    ENTRY DETAILS: Oddly, one of the easier builds that I've experienced, with a budget. I stayed away from custom art, so there was no flip-flopping of and weird pricing issues going on. A very relaxing build, for me.

The 1st floor holds an open floorplan layout of the Living Area, Kitchen and in-kitchen Seating/dining area, with a diner styled seating with a bar top area for the triplets. This level also has the Laundry a bathroom and a small Office. There is a nice front porch, as well as a rear porch and a grilling/entertaining pato with the entire lot planted with flowers and trees and a fence around three sides, to make the city living seem a little more secluded, private and away from it all.

On the second floor there is a Nursery for the incoming triplets with a bathroom for them, as well as a Master bedroom and Bath for the parents.

The In-Law Suite , located in the basement, has a small kitchen and dining area, that also has a Living space, a bathroom and a bedroom. There is a private entrance on the side of the home, as well as main house access that leads into the kitchen/dining area.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

DOgM1CX.png
    6MGs32l.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Waiiiiiitttt the due date is wednesday december 13th.
    But december 13th is friday =B

Or am i wrongly confused?, if so, Sorry =D
    Devilariah wrote: »

That's a typo, should say Wednesday 11th.
    image.png
    Anyone else always getting the "Are you 18 yet" question when opening the slideshows 🙈? I am always looking for what Imgur might find questionable but I never find anything...

@AliSim19 The courtyard is such a great idea. Having lunch in that dining area and then sitting outside afterwards to read a book or so would be sooo nice! I love how you combined so many different colours. And I love the skulls for decoration :)

@Taoron The toddler seating at the bar is so neat! Wish I could have thought of that... I also really like the oversized art in the babys room and the - for lack of a better word - cleanliness of the in-law suit
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

wow has it allready been 2 weeks almost?!?!
    thnx :o;)
    SimTresa wrote: »

wow has it allready been 2 weeks almost?!?!
    thnx :o;)

You're welcome. :)
    image.png
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hindquarter Hideaway
    NEW LOT LINK: Cozy Comfort
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 62,831
    TOTAL COST: 64,831
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/KglnyAZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: This country house provides everything a family needs to be comfortable. Its isolated location provides privacy and great views, yet it isn't so far away that it doesn't have easy access to shops, restaurants and other entertainment. The office can easily be converted back into a bedroom in the future.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

WN02piY.png
    MU53qmo.png
    image.png
    edited December 2019
    Thank you @Talea12345 =) I wanted a place for the babies to be able to eat and make a mess away from the adults. I was pretty happy with that solution. I'm glad you enjoyed that.

The pictures in the nursery are a point of contention. I started making them very small and lining the room with them, as chair rail molding. I loved how it looked, but the budget wouldn't allow for it. I will do it in another build, at some point, witrh those, or created art for a nursery, without the frame and glass.
    No time for building this morning so I've been catching up!

@Talea12345 Adorable building!! Lovely throughout but raised platform for the triplets is fab and I'm in love with your unfinished attic idea, such a great way to explain an unfinished space that makes the building look right! :)

@Lehua What a cute build - I love that dining area with the bench seating and the highchairs, that's fab! I second Talea, grabbing a few plants from debug is an easy & free way to add a bit of landscaping if you want to do some - use bb.showhiddenobjects first then bb.showliveeditobjects. Hit search and then scrrrrollll forever, there's loads :)

@shakerella Such a lovely calm feeling throughout you build! The layout of the basement apartment is great too, I'm storing that idea away for future use haha

@AlJay Sub-dividing a big plot is such a great idea, never occurred to me. And you did the for sale sign too, I love it! :D Impressive how you managed to fit so much space into the budget and still decorate so beautifully throughout, nicely done!!

@Taoron Another fab build that seems to effortlessly fit so much into the budget! Congrats on managing to stay away from your custom art, that can't have been easy for you haha. My fave is your creative dining area and you nailed the outdoor areas too :)

@SimTresa I love how you've sunken the building a little (not sure thats the right word!), really effective! So much space in your build too. My fave here is your in-laws suite, I could quite happily live in there :):)

@Talea12345 Thank you so much :)
    @Talea12345 Lovely house! That children's room is very cool with the water looking floor and stepping stones.

@Lehua Nice little home. The suggestion from Talea12345 helps out a lot and really adds a lot to these builds, with the free stuff. I would add to that, that bringing in a Sim to test the home out and having them stay for 24 hours, will lower the price on all of the stuff in the house by....20% , if I am not mistaken, and all of a sudden your budget gets bigger, for the same stuff. =)

@shakerella Cute little Modern! I'm a firm believer of neutral colors in a Modern build, so I really like the white-ish stucco? exterior and the natural woods give it a nice, natural look, with the large windows bringing some of that nature indoors. Very cool.

@AlJay Very cool home! I'm shocked that you were able to give each baby their own room. Very cool story and plan.

@AliSim19 Amazing Mediterranean! All I can say is, "I am not worthy." You built a $150,000 house for $65,000.

@Taoron Oh...wait...that's me. Never mind.

@SimTresa Lovely little country house. I really like how big and open the main area feels, in such a tight space.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top