Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walls Beneath Stairs

I've seen some ppl have walls under their stairs that dont go above the stairs how do i do this whenever i try to put up a wall its just a whole wall and i cant figure out how to get rid of the top half

Comments

• Options
    kayly451966kayly451966 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. :?

Stairs indoors have walls that stop at the landing on the next level. For instance, if you put in stairs on the first floor, the wall surrounding the stairs will continue up to the second. The game seems to do this automagically.

I do believe you can use the sledgehammer tool (or the wall tool, while holding down the CTRL key) to erase walls around the stairs if that's what you're looking for.
  • Options
    anotherbiffnameanotherbiffname Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    im putting stairs outside on a deck whenever i put stairs in and try to put walls up afterward it just keeps the walls there. I want the walls that are are alongside it to be cut with the stairs ive seen it done.

im not sure how to explain it.

The wall that ive seen on some doesnt show its just like a part of a wall that is only underneath the stairs and not above it. like at the bottom step u have a tiny bit of a wall and the wall gets taller as the stairs go up.

I downloaded the house The Ambrosia Mansion. in that house the stairs outside on the balcony. the walls stay underneath the stairs and dont go above it
  • Options
    sinastrasinastra Posts: 110 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Delete the walls like you would any other wall, Hold down Ctrl while you are using the build a wall tool :) It will delete the walls, but leave the stairs. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    no no not what i meant i dont want to delete the whole wall. i want to keep the wall that is underneath the stairs i want to get rid of the one that is above the walls its a cutoff wall.
  • Options
    WFReisingWFReising Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not all of the stairs come with the partial walls. You need to make sure you are choosing ones that do.
  • Options
    sinastrasinastra Posts: 110 New Member
    edited June 2009
    no no not what i meant i dont want to delete the whole wall. i want to keep the wall that is underneath the stairs i want to get rid of the one that is above the walls its a cutoff wall.

Can you post a screenshot so we can see what you mean?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    screenshot2g.jpg
    By anotherbiffname at 2009-06-10 This is what happens when i try to do it.

screenshotzif.jpg
    By anotherbiffname at 2009-06-10 This is what i want to do

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Those are stairs that come with the partial wall, then you can paint, panell, brick over them just like normal walls. You do not use the wall tool at all to get what the second picture looks like.
  • Options
    Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think they only do that when placed inside. So, you could try to make a little room around the spot where you want the stairs, place the stairs, hope they get the covering side-walls and remove the room!

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Just tried that Pyro, and you are correct sir.
  • Options
    Stacey_Harrison101Stacey_Harrison101 Posts: 1 New Member
    Select the wallpaper you would like to add and click it underneath the stairs and it should fill the part only underneath stairs. I think this only works for a few stairs though. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    It's awesome you want to help, considering this thread has been inactive for quite a few years now I'm going to close this off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top