Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occults

Β«1
I want more occults, its not as fun to me without them. I use the sims to escape reality and have a fun controlable fantasy. I want Werewolfs, Genies, playable ghost, zombies, bigfoot, faeries, anything and all the occults. I really just want to quit becuase I want these and not the mods. Maybe sims 3 was much better. At least it wasnt half cared for, and it wasnt occult by occult to get a money grab. πŸ™„ if you want my money, then make more occults.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited October 2019
    I want more occults, its not as fun to me without them. I use the sims to escape reality and have a fun controlable fantasy. I want Werewolfs, Genies, playable ghost, zombies, bigfoot, faeries, anything and all the occults. I really just want to quit becuase I want these and not the mods. Maybe sims 3 was much better. At least it wasnt half cared for, and it wasnt occult by occult to get a money grab. πŸ™„ if you want my money, then make more occults.

You might be better off posting this over in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner as this section is the Forum Ideas and Feedback for the forum itself and not the game... ;)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I agree I want werewolves, genies, & fairies too.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I want werewolves the most!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We might get werewolves if the devs can think of a new way to do them so they won't be bored doing them again. As for anything else, I think they're done with occults. Fairies are just a ball of light that a witch uses as a familiar (how far the fairies have fallen), plantsims have a shelf life and a version of zombies have already been done in Strangerville.

You would think that with the popularity of shows like The Walking Dead, The Magicians and other shows, that they would want to do more occults, they are far more interesting than the weak as well water boring sims we have today.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2019
    I built a library, and I want My sorcerer to fill the shelves with all types of lore.
    He has all the subjects of magic: Practical, Mischief, Untamed, and Alchemy
    Herbalism books, Vampire Lore. I wish mermaids had a lore book.
    I still want an update where ghosts can possess other sims.
    I would love werewolves, Elves/Faeries, Imps, Orcs.

I kind of want just more creatures my Dark Spellcaster can minionize, summon, and carry out his dark deeds as his underlings.

I just got Get Famous, and I like that I can make a hierarchical society.
    It would be interesting to see Sims

Werewolves are the Priority for me now.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Zombies freak me out.
    Werewolves aren't a necessity for me.
    Bigfoot... nah. No thanks.
    Genies? Sure, why not? I don't care if they're playable or not though.
    I wouldn't mind ghosts, but I'd like them to have more features first.
    Fairies are my must-haves right now. We kinda got them in Realm of Magic as familiars, but I want real, playable fairies ASAP.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'd love werewolves. Maybe something incorporating new understandings of how wolf packs really work, rather than the outdated, inaccurate Alpha-Beta-Omega nonsense. And maybe multiple ways to be one (CAS/Birth, bite, a cursed item... not sure how drinking from a werewolf's paw print would work in the sims, but that would be cool too.)

Faeries ... if they're just the pretty pixies I understand previous incarnations of Faeries in The Sims to be, I'm going to be unimpressed. Unsurprised, not really disappointed, but unimpressed. I want more variety in my faeries than wing type and color, but I have a feeling that like with the sort of magic I want not being practical for a video game, the level of variety I'd want for Faeries also isn't practical (half the pack would be CAS face & body options.)

After that... Djinn might be neat, if they can be done well. (maybe the Muslim/Arabic stuff was a hint?) I've never been fond of Zombies, so I'll probably pass on that unless there's a lot of other stuff I like in there. Anything else I'll have to see what it is and how it's done.
  • Options
    tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    I think it would be pretty cool if you could make your own occults (like how TS4 let's you create your own clubs and holidays). Assign them unique needs, traits, and stuff like that. It would be very tricky and difficult to implement but I think the payoff would be worth it.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ghosts are already a playable life state though?
  • Options
    AzzureRainAzzureRain Posts: 11 New Member
    > @IceColdPain said:
    > I want more occults, its not as fun to me without them. I use the sims to escape reality and have a fun controlable fantasy. I want Werewolfs, Genies, playable ghost, zombies, bigfoot, faeries, anything and all the occults. I really just want to quit becuase I want these and not the mods. Maybe sims 3 was much better. At least it wasnt half cared for, and it wasnt occult by occult to get a money grab. πŸ™„ if you want my money, then make more occults.

Playable ghosts exist in sims 4.

But yeah one of my fav parts of sims is the occults. Currently there are 6 in game. Ghost, Alien, Vampire, Mermaid, Witch, Servo. The only main one that's been playable in every sim game that isn't in is Werewolf. I'd also really like to see Fae make a return from sims 3. Zombies in sims 3 were kinda meh cuz limited options. Bigfoot couldn't romance. But yeah I'd love more occults. Still 2 away from an entire household of different occults.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Zombies anyone? :D:D yes. Wearwolves? :D totally!!! Those are my top two! But I'm up for any and other occults. Bring them on!!.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Fairies and werewolves please! πŸ™
    Also if they could update the current life states so that kids could do magic and other occult stuff that would be a dream! I miss the sims 1 a lot when kids could cast spells :(
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd definitely love kids to be able to cast spells.

We also really need better toggles for supernaturals, like Sims 3 had.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    Maybe it's just my impression, but I think that realism-preferring vs. paranormal-loving players are about half to half. The recent stuff pack voting proved that. Despite that, I can't help feeling that the occult players are being neglected - we have very few occults and nearly none magical items (- e.g. wishing well that kinda serves as a "genie").

I believe that we need a full-fledged occult EP that would bring in new occults (werewolves and fairies are a must) and improved on the already existing ones. Specifically:

GHOSTS - Yes, they are playable, but they are only able to scare people, possess objects and talk about death. Otherwise, they behave like normal sims, they even have dropping needs! And people do not fear them, there is no special reaction to their appearance, they have normal relationships with everyone else! (they don't even hate the person who killed them!)
    Seriously, this needs to change! We need vengeful ghosts, mischievous poltergeists, kindly spirits who help people...this could be represented by a skill tree with evil, good and mischievous branches. And an active ghost-hunting career, that's a must.

ALIENS, SERVOS - I don't use them much myself and they don't really fit into a fantasy theme, so I leave their possible adjustments to players who actually play them.

VAMPIRES - Could use some improvements, but overall, their gameplay is engaging and fun, no major changes needed imho.

SPELLCASTERS - Yup, they have a skill tree and a spellbook but the effects of many spells and especially potions were already in the game in one way or another... We could use some more spells that actually make a difference in the gameplay, it's no accident that the most popular spells are the most extreme ones :).

MERMAIDS - They are very pretty to look at, talking to dolphins is fun, but their special powers are nearly non-existent. Please, make a skill tree for my poor mermaids!

BTW: Didn't TS3:Supernatural add new things for pre-existing vampires as well? Improving already existing occults should be a possibility!

New occults:

WEREWOLVES - We need them so badly! And they need to be able to change into a large wolf as well, not just a hairy, teethy human!

FAIRIES - They could be the most ethereal and the most reclusive beings, who keep to themselves, take care of nature and only occasionally interact with normal humans.

Also:
    - We need some special interactions between the various occults. What happens when a vampire drinks from a mermaid and how the spellcasters view aliens?
    - We need the occult children to have some powers! They are somehow always omitted (no mermaid tails for them, no spellcasting for them). I am angry about this and I am not even a family player.
    - We need more paranormal/magic interactions and items in general. Crystal balls, ghost invoking, tarot card reading, having special spots around the worlds where supernatural things can happen (e.g. in Sylvan Glades) etc.

Thank you for your attention :).
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Some of us are in the middle as well - we like occults in some saves but not all the time. :) I would love better control over that sort of thing.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    I'll never understand why most everything is limited to teen and up, especially when it comes to occults.. unless they are saying that occults are secretly mutants.. which.. >.> super powers please..

In seriousness I like the occults that see already exist in sims 4 but at the same time they just aren't fleshed out, a lot of things aren't.. Realm of Msgic could be fleshed out more, Vampires could be fleshed out more, Mermaids and Aliens could be fleshed out more..

My big problem with all of them is that at the end of the day even in dedicated packs they are just kind of.. "there" with no real purpose at all beyond that even in their own realms or worlds, they have nothing to aspire to, no purpose, not even a career that they can progress at.

The reality in sims 4 is that all of the occults just feel thrown in for the sake of shutting people up so that the dev team can go back to catering to realism players, everything supernatural fantasy or occult is just kind of "there" and can be easily treated as though it isn't to the point where honestly it almost may as well not be.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member

Oh yes, I remember the genie from Sims 1 Living it Up! That would be great fun to bring back. Especially when the wishes go wrong.
  • Options
    tweedle wrote: Β»
    I think it would be pretty cool if you could make your own occults (like how TS4 let's you create your own clubs and holidays). Assign them unique needs, traits, and stuff like that. It would be very tricky and difficult to implement but I think the payoff would be worth it.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Definitely yes!
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes please, we need werewolves the most at this point, thank you.

And they gotta look like actual werewolves this time. Those statues in the vampire pack already got the right idea.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    The occults are very cool, I especially love the Vampires.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I wany more occults as well.
  • Options
    KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    occult_sim__aliens_by_simminglugubrious_ddlufa1-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.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.Z5u5HpLZsp65HirsQAyVsnFUdwlH3lZpXAINHNdf5jM

Can you do expanded the occult Alien Sims
  • Options
    Psychic Sims with telekinetic powers please. 😁
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2019
    Vampires, check. Spellcasters/witches/wizards, check. Aliens....sorta, could use improvement. Ghosts - sorta, could use improvement. Gnomes - check. Werewolves and shapeshifters - we need those! Fairies and elves - we need those! Genies - we need those! Fortune tellers/psychics/magicians - we need those! (Especially functional crystal balls and maybe magic hats). Flying Sims - we need those! Temporary Sim invisibility would be awesome too. (They could show up with just glasses and empty space, or look like ghosts only it would be temporary and other Sims would not be able to see them.) Capes, wings, backpacks and jet packs would be a cool CAS addition too, as would fanny packs, belly piercings, and belts.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    budget_zendayabudget_zendaya Posts: 42 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > Some of us are in the middle as well - we like occults in some saves but not all the time. :) I would love better control over that sort of thing.

I totally agree! The way they've done occults so far in TS4 has made me interested in them for the first time since the sims 1. The progression system they introduced with vampires is so fun to play, and I'm glad to see they're continuing it with wizards and potentially future occults. That being said, 75% of the time I prefer realistic gameplay, but I love the BB items that come with the occult packs and I can't live without them in build mode. I find it absolutely baffling that there's no way to toggle vampires on and off in settings, especially when they're so intrusive to gameplay. We can toggle seasons and the fame system, but there's no simple way to set it so vampires don't come to your door? Basically, I'm excited for new occults because the sims 4 has done them really well so far, but I need them to find a way to make the current ones less intrusive first (especially vampires), so they can exist in my game.