Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repo Man is back

1235...Next

Comments

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Pointless considering the university fees are super cheap.

Most simmers will take loans even having the money to pay for uni and wont pay the loans even having the money to do so, just to see the repo man lol
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    There's risk and there's annoyance. If repo guy goes after auntie Tina's plate, I can easily buy a new one later and pretend this is auntie Tina's that my sim bought back. Same for some crystals, although replacing twenty or so downsized, painstakingly placed crystals isn't my idea of fun. Or paint by reference paintings of deceased sims - they'll be gone forever.

I definitely agree with this. I miss the repo man, but some things should not be taken. It seems like they could set it to only allow furniture and statues maybe...
    I could see them simply not thinking about it though, since that's been an ongoing issue with new things brought in.

If repoman takes a table or dresser, and my sim's irreplaceable photos (or any other unique decor) were on those surfaces, I guess those decors would get deleted together with the surface? So, I'd rather have them take only chairs and EA made decor that is not customized.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Now we need burglar and police and firefighter.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Awesome! This is what the Sims 4 needs more of, consequences!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Thanks for reminding me catloverplayer

that a past base game NPC feature Is now in paid DLC :p
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Kartai wrote: »
    Now we need burglar and police and firefighter.

more than likely we will get them, in a pack, then they will be patched in months later
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    But if it's just for student loans that would be disappointing.

This! I so hope it will be for bills too!!!
    If it is, please dear repodude, take the most valuable thing my sim has! Maybe then I really remember to PAY the bills, what I hardly do currently. (for real, losing the power.. ugh.. still many things work without that power. My sims always forget to pay the bills because "losing the power" is not so big deal.)

Maybe so if you don't have many electronics, but after that the water gets turned off. Then you can't flush the toilet or take a bath.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I find it really annoying that after so many years of wanting repoman back into the game, they finally add it back... in an expansion pack! And it's only for the students as well. I do have the expansion pack, but I wanted the repoman for the rest of the game, not just university. Why do they always do things like this?? :expressionless:
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Ugh, who asked for him back??

I enjoy things like this..I miss police, firefighters, and burglars. And yes even the repoman

Ugh. I do not miss the burglars 😠 The repo man is okay. So long as you pay your bills he does not come a knockin' 😁
    rnKEhBT.png
    Icewolf wrote: »
    I find it really annoying that after so many years of wanting repoman back into the game, they finally add it back... in an expansion pack! And it's only for the students as well. I do have the expansion pack, but I wanted the repoman for the rest of the game, not just university. Why do they always do things like this?? :expressionless:

I don't know, but I've seen quite a few people say they didn't want the repoman back because he was annoying. Many have said that about burglars, too, so perhaps they didn't want to patch it and force it on everyone?
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Is there a known repoman career trait I can use to specifically choose repoman?
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Icewolf wrote: »

I don't know, but I've seen quite a few people say they didn't want the repoman back because he was annoying. Many have said that about burglars, too, so perhaps they didn't want to patch it and force it on everyone?

Well, if that's the case then I'm worried about the future of The Sims. Tons of people have been wishing for more npc's like the burglar, repoman, firefighter etc, because they were basic features in the older games. I think it's a shame to omit those just because some people don't want them in their game. And what worries me is that the developers seem to cater more and more to the minorities than don't want certain stuff. Like changing certain things in the game, for example decreasing the chances of being abducted etc. Mostly because that some people don't want these things to mess up their "stories" or whatnot.

If things like the repoman is "forced" onto people, why not make it optional? I usually don't like these optional nonsense, but this time it seems like it's the only way to make people happy.

This game really needs more consequences.
  • FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    I loved the repo man, I loved when I was kid in the older game and I was too broke to pay the bills and some guy just comes in with a cartoony vacuum and takes so much of my stuff... I was like what?! So I hope this is true
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    There's risk and there's annoyance. If repo guy goes after auntie Tina's plate, I can easily buy a new one later and pretend this is auntie Tina's that my sim bought back. Same for some crystals, although replacing twenty or so downsized, painstakingly placed crystals isn't my idea of fun. Or paint by reference paintings of deceased sims - they'll be gone forever.

I definitely agree with this. I miss the repo man, but some things should not be taken. It seems like they could set it to only allow furniture and statues maybe...
    I could see them simply not thinking about it though, since that's been an ongoing issue with new things brought in.

If repoman takes a table or dresser, and my sim's irreplaceable photos (or any other unique decor) were on those surfaces, I guess those decors would get deleted together with the surface? So, I'd rather have them take only chairs and EA made decor that is not customized.

I would hope that photos and décor gets moved to family inventory. Luckily, you can watch the repo man to see what he's trying to take, then ask 'Not to Take that Item.' (Not exact wording, but you get the idea.) He'll grudgingly look for something else to take.

What I don't like, however, is when I try to bribe him and the game tells me he didn't accept but the cost gets deducted from my funds anyway. :s