Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are in the final years of sims 4.

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    When people keep saying that the devs have several years worth of ideas, I keep getting the feeling that the devs are just saying that so people will keep buying TS4 until TS5 is finished, which might be by next year. The devs had said that 2020 will be a big year. I think that's when they announce TS5, and then in 2021 it will be released.

If they learned their lesson well, TS5 base game should be pretty amazing with plenty to do in the game to feel absolutely complete so that while we're waiting for the next EP, GP, SP, new item or set on the Sims 5 Store, there will be plenty to fun things to do, discover and explore in the base game itself!

People also complain that it will take years for the packs to add to the game, but I'm still going to play TS3 and TS2 and other video games in the meantime so it's not a problem to me. People act like this is something new, but didn't we play the waiting game for the all the packs for each iteration before?

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    When people keep saying that the devs have several years worth of ideas, I keep getting the feeling that the devs are just saying that so people will keep buying TS4 until TS5 is finished, which might be by next year. The devs had said that 2020 will be a big year. I think that's when they announce TS5, and then in 2021 it will be released.

If they learned their lesson well, TS5 base game should be pretty amazing with plenty to do in the game to feel absolutely complete so that while we're waiting for the next EP, GP, SP, new item or set on the Sims 5 Store, there will be plenty to fun things to do, discover and explore in the base game itself!

People also complain that it will take years for the packs to add to the game, but I'm still going to play TS3 and TS2 and other video games in the meantime so it's not a problem to me. People act like this is something new, but didn't we play the waiting game for the all the packs for each iteration before?

We did, but the TS2 and TS3 base game were actually pretty full base games with a lot to do. TS4 didn't even have the basics of a base game and it needed a pack. TS2 and TS3 alone don't need anything. TS4 has a better base game now, but a lot of that was 2+ years patched in. TS4 being incomplete for a base game was something new and I think people are worried that it will happen again. I hope they've learned, but honestly, after this past year of packs, I doubt they have. What I think they have learned, based on sales, is that we (the simmers as a whole) will just buy whatever they put out, regardless of content. :/

Origin ID: Peapod79
    Camkat wrote: »

We did, but the TS2 and TS3 base game were actually pretty full base games with a lot to do. TS4 didn't even have the basics of a base game and it needed a pack. TS2 and TS3 alone don't need anything. TS4 has a better base game now, but a lot of that was 2+ years patched in. TS4 being incomplete for a base game was something new and I think people are worried that it will happen again. I hope they've learned, but honestly, after this past year of packs, I doubt they have. What I think they have learned, based on sales, is that we (the simmers as a whole) will just buy whatever they put out, regardless of content. :/

I know what you mean. When TS5 comes out, at this point, I'm too scared to just go out and pre-order it. I'm going to check the reviews first (especially LGR and Carl). :#
    Camkat wrote: »

I know what you mean. When TS5 comes out, at this point, I'm too scared to just go out and pre-order it. I'm going to check the reviews first (especially LGR and Carl). :#

I actually did wait on TS4 back in the day. The reviews back then sounded iffy. I'm glad that I did, but I didn't expect to wait 2 years either for even just the base game to be... well a base game! LGR played a huge factor in my waiting. It's crazy because when TS2 and 3 came, I just jumped right in! I wanted to with TS4, I really did, but I'm glad that I didn't. Even waiting, TS4, with packs is still a shallow game in comparison. TS5 I'll wait too, but hopefully it won't be years and it's just a matter of days, maybe weeks, but that's wishful thinking I know.

I used to pre-order everything! Now, there's actually no point. We used to get a free hair style or something for the pre-order. Considering now we get a big fat NOTHING for it, I can wait for reviews to make up my mind before I blow my money. ;)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Horrorgirl6

I never said it was removed from the store, I wanted to mean TS3 visibility decreases.

The Sims 3 is no longer in the list.

e916fnyxekuz.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited November 2019
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    The Sims website no longer hosts The Sims 3

https://www.ea.com/fr-fr/games/the-sims/the-sims-3

The link you went to is French, and I can still see the sims 3.Oh and sorry for doubting you.
    edited November 2019

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-3

That just means TS5 is in the works, and will probably be 100% open world like TS3. EA stopped selling/supporting TS2 when TS4 came out and then offered the TS2UC to those who owned the original physical discs. They will probably do the same thing to TS3. It doesn't mean people who have it can't play it anymore - it just means that people who don't own it should get it before this is no longer an option.

That's exciting! We're finally starting to move past TS4 on to TS5!!!!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Wait, is it no longer showing up for some people? Because when I click the link, I get the TS3 page, "buy now" option for Origin and all.

It works for me too. I can click the link and buy the game.

edited November 2019
    @darrenfroggy @Camkat @Horrorgirl6

The banner menu is EA, not The Sims.
    I mean nobody will find this link at https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims

The Sims 3 was kicked out.

j4dyzja3bpqb.jpg
    9fj2c97rqotd.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    The Sims 3 link is right there under Explore All Games, along with all other past Sims games. I got to the TS3 page easily enough. It hasn't been updated or patched in ages, all they did was clean up the site to showcase the games with active live support ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe that's a sign of TS5 coming, maybe it's a sign of TS3 not being the current game in the franchise. TS4 will end eventually but imo looking at whether they're showcasing a game that's no longer developed is reaching for straws. Especially since it's still available to buy via Origin.
    @darrenfroggy

I was too focused on the menu, I forgot to check the whole page.
    Thank you for your comment !
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I hope the big year that they are talking about will be the release of color wheels, open worlds, the rest of the supernaturals, Heartshape beds, Generations, horses, Time Travel, Mastersuite Stuff, new romance interactions, ECT...
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There is still way too much missing to end TS4 antime soon

Missing
    A Chemistry and Attraction System
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

So much more I don't have time to list.

Cars probably are never coming, neither is a chemistry or attraction system. The ready can be add in the span of two years.

That's what they said about toddlers. Cars are definitely coming. The only question is when.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Oh and they're still making money, thus the extension of support for it.

They’re not just still making money. They’re making more money than ever with TS4. TS4’s yearly revenue has grown every single fiscal year since the game’s launch in 2014, and it’s on track to grow even higher in fiscal year 2020.

Island Living for example was already one of the best selling EPs just one month after its release. Why? The biggest reason is that there are simply more people playing TS4 in 2019 than there were in 2018. According to EA, 40% more active players were playing TS4 in July-September 2019 compared to the same quarter in 2018. And 2018 was already a major increase in active player count over 2017. More people playing the game means that more people are buying the packs, which is why TS4’s revenue has been growing every year.

And another note, the Sims series has grossed over 5 billion for EA. TS5 is nowhere in sight right now, until they mention or announce it, which won't happen until things slow down community wise.

As long as they keep creating new things that people want, it might not stop. It kind of reminds me of Grand Theft Auto V. People are crying and moaning wanting GTA 6, but GTA Online just has too much gross potential for a new game to be a focus. They need all hands on deck to handle creativity and to keep the traffic coming for the huge monetary trade off. Same thing here. They have to follow the trends and ride the wave.

And then there is the console releases which are now caught up with PC except for My First Pet Stuff. Their releasing new packs a month after PC gets them.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019
    If they need all hands on deck to keep going as someone stated then how in the world do they ever build a new game? This is just false. The new Maxis game has been in production for over two years and it's either one of two things, they hired all new employees to build it or moved some around from Sports or Mobile, and or some devs here have already been moved over to the new game, so no, not all hands on deck. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If they need all hands on deck to keep going as someone stated then how in the world do they ever build a new game? This is just false. The new Maxis game has been in production for over two years and it's either one of two things, they hired all new employees to build it or moved some around from Sports or Mobile, and or some devs here have already been moved over to the new game, so no, not all hands on deck. :)

This seems very likely. They always move away team members to different projects. But, fact is; we don't know everyone working on the Sims. The devs we know have chosen to become a SimGuru, but the team is bigger than only SimGuru's.

No doubt they already moved a portion of the team over onto the next project, but we don't know who and when, since we just do not know all the people working on the game(s).
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    well, if the Sims 4 is going to end sometime between 2022 and 2024 (that would be ten years of development btw!) that gives plenty of time for the devs to add most, if not everything, players want, like an updated personality system please.
    edited December 2019
    I remember when SimGuruGrant said "Seasons is just the tip of the iceberg."

Maybe The Sims 4 is not halfway yet.

photo110.png

photo110.png

They've lied so much that I don't believe a lot of what they say anymore.

photo110.png

Then you don't trust them when they say the fifth will be great :p

So no need to hurry.

photo110.png

Then you don't trust them when they say the fifth will be great :p

So no need to hurry.

Yup, I don't trust them on that either. I've said before that I'm too scared too pre-order anymore from them. I'm not in much of a hurry, but it's so painful to watch every new pack coming out and not being as great as previous iterations' versions. It would be much better if they concentrate on TS5.

And I think that's what they're doing - that they're more focused on it's development rather than on TS4. The recent packs for TS4 have been pretty abysmal and the devs obviously don't even care enough to play the game!

It's not like I hate EA. I DO try to show my support - I've bought DLCs for Mass Effect 2 & 3 during the Black Friday sale (and I might get Mass Affect Andromeda someday, but reviews of it aren't that great) and I'm still buying stuff from the Sims 3 Store.

• FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    Nothing last forever, but that's a good thing
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Nothing last forever, but that's a good thing

In case of The Sims 4 it certainly is imo.