Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane You finished playing the Pole story ... already?! Time sure does fly by! It was nice seeing the children grow up and all of them finding something that makes them happy. Nicely done, like always.
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Your story is wonderful (sad in parts, funny too) ... the Sims are interesting characters and I like how you left it up to Mystik (and others) in regards to how their own story will progress. The home is a delightful patchwork blend of old things and newer. The exterior feels like the building has been added to over the years and seem quite atmospheric. How fun!
  • Options
    As far as I can tell, all gifting appears to be done.
    If this is not the case or if there are more story posts to share, please feel free to continue with postings.

Thank you to each Buddy for making this festive event sparkle with fun, laughter and Sims!
    JES-Holdings-2018-Happy-Holidays.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi @ciane :mrgreen:

I got the houses placed in Riverview as you suggested! I had to put the California house a little further down the road...
    I was checking out the Plummbob house, thinking I would play whomever the game moved it (give me something different).
    MowvIzl.jpg

The Roomies 2 moved in to check out the Gorgeous California house.. But! OMGoodness- the house was trashed by squatters! :scream:

The guys went right away to stomp on some rats!
    d6YiSM8.jpg

"Don't stress it. We'll call a maid service to come help." Stan tried to reassure Lenny. Lenny was so stressed by the mess.
    sykRMZ4.jpg

"Let's go inside. It can't be that bad." Good ole Lenny, trying to stay positive. "Maybe not."
    zb8TMmO.jpg

Oh, it was trashed. This open floor plan family area which still has several private areas.
    dxPnC2W.jpg

At least the upstairs was okay.
    DAtB8K5.jpg

Oh, the back yard. "They must have had some great parties."
    c0dog7N.jpg

Once it's clean up it will be perfect.
    rxCL6Ow.jpg

I like it by the river and the trail. :mrgreen:
    7dqcZgW.jpg

Thank you so much for all your Creative work and Thoughtfulness in creating my gifts. They're all so beautiful. :heart::cookie::mrgreen:

*I hope to have some time soon to go back and get, see, read, all the gifts I've missed commenting and replying too. :)

**I'm seeing who's going to clean up, probably the maid. :lol:
    aaRhab0.jpg

***Just to let you know, Jane the maid is on the job. She keeps making sick noises. :blush:
    bzCXSa8.jpg
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    @Rflong7
    Thanks for sharing pictures from your game. Squatters, OMGoodness indeed! I've not seen this before. What a mess. Hopefully, the maid will get there soon. Your pictures further brought to our attention how lovely this build is! <3
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn - What a thoughtful gift! I love the family and will have to play them, though I will probably end up playing both. It's a very creative story that only you could have thought of! Well done!

@Rflong7 - I do so enjoy your humor and just wish I could have shared some pics from my game play of your world, but that will have to wait a bit. I have so many stories to play out!

Thank you all for my new shiny gifts, whether they were meant for me or not. I shall be having fun playing these for quite a while.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Oops, I didn't have the fairy statue you used in the yard installed, and I like it so I'm glad it's installed now. So it took some reloading to see your house. The home is lovely, I love the kitchen and the apothecary room, all of the furnishing look like they would have (and do) belong to the family. I like how the greenhouse leads to the alchemy area and outdoor cooking. I like the touch of the animal watchers outside. It's a welcome addition to my fairy save of Hidden Springs.

The backstory, was a journey. I'm interested to see which way storytellers decide to go with it. I wish the best for Tyrone on his own, but playing the original family seems so tempting.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Kesminlix I love your holiday cabin - no, you didn't go overboard on the colour theme: it looks great againt the wooden walls!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn That looks intriguing...

@Rflong7 I've never had squatters (though, most of the renovacies I build/play, no self-respecting squatter would go near them!) so that was fascinating to see. Actually, any simsquatter going would head for one of Ciane's builds at the speed of light!

@ciane I like your take on the cabin! Mine's still a little...dilapidated ;)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @60smusicluvr
    I love the roaring 20s! That is so cool!!

@Puddinroy Oh really? What are you working on? =)

Morning everyone.^_^
  • Options
    @LMC6255
    Little more from Ginger...And time to meet Henry.

Screenshot.jpg
    "Beep Beep.Beep.." The emergency warning sounded on the radio.
    "The national weather service in South Leewood County has issued a Tornado
    warning for the following areas: Roseward, Bridgeport, Sunset Valley, and Appaloosa Plains until 2:30am.
    At a 11:50 PM doppler radar indicated a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado.Listeners in
    the viewing area is urged to take immediate and adequate shelter.This storm is capable of producing large
    and dangerous hail, frequent ground to cloud lightning.Get in a sturdy building at the lowest ground.Stay away
    from windows.If no shelter is available lay flat in a ditch." -beep beep beep-

Screenshot-2.jpg
    "Wonderful just what I need." Ginger made her way to what she thought
    was the safest room in her home, the interior bathroom.

Screenshot-3.jpg

AuDBmAv.jpg
    A tornado touches down at 12:45 am.It was a long 30 minutes before
    the storm had passed, luckily Ginger's home suffered only minor wind damage...
    However others weren't so lucky.

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Ginger searched for her neighbors."Anyone need help? Mary? Peter?"
    She called out to them...sadly both had perished trying to leave their home.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Emergency services arrived in Roseward, offering any assistance they could
    to the town in trouble.Leading the charge, was Fire Chief Henry Grant.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    He spotted Ginger over by a pile of rubble and thought she may
    need some help.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    "Do you need some help Ma'am?" Ginger looked up to the see
    the fire department standing there.'I think someone's trapped."
    "I'll grab my gear.Sit tight."

Screenshot-11.jpg
    They both began to dig away.

• Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ciane

I've been enjoying reading all your stories regarding, Billie, Colin & the Pole family. I love your stories & am really looking forward to more. :smile:

Your California house is very modern & nicely done. I like the warm colors, greenery, fridge, bar stools, etc. ; but, I especially like the plants under the coffee table. I'm always amazed at new items I seem to find.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor

I really like your story regarding Ginger & Harry, WOW....a twister in simland ! I definitely want to see/hear/read more. Looking forward to see what happens next. :smile:
  • Options
    happy-holidays-from-a-heterochromia-cat-sheila-fitzgerald.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, what a "twist" @GraceyManor! I love it. Such a great way to meet. So sorry though about the loss of life.

@TEXASKITTYKAT - I'll probably continue to round robin through the stories, posting occasionally.

One interesting thing... while playing in the Christmas Village, I had planned to look in on different families, starting with Wassail, and then moving a sim into the small starter. While still playing Wassail, I noticed that someone had already moved into the starter. So, I switched to that household. The sim was created to work at the fest. She wants to be a mystic. Interesting. I'll see how that plays out.

For now, I'm moving @60smusicluvr's Anastasia into Roaring Heights and we'll see how her music career goes.

I hope you all continue to share your adventures here and enjoy the holiday season.
  • Options
    @ADWilson Really enjoy your story regarding the Pole family. Such a tear jerker to me but I know their future will be brighter ahead. :smile:
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @ADWilson: I enjoyed your story with the Pole family.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @GraceyManor Loved the start to your story. And the twister picture as well - clever!
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Phew now that the dust has settled, and the wrapping paper has been put away (cat free), I've finally gotten to borrow catch up on all of the gifts & back stories that were given by all of you wonderful and talented gifters.
    (This is long, sorry ... and I probably need a thesaurus given how often I used lovely.)

@Jessabeans
    Villanueva is a lovely representation of Spanish Mediterranean Architecture, with the rounded arches, windows, and cooling cream colors. Your use of available game content to furnish the interior, and blend it in is wonderful and creative. The attention to the exterior landscaping is just as lovely.

Santa's Workshop what a wonderful toy, and more, shop. What a wonderful way to use some of the game content that gets overlooked on a regular basis because of it's specialized theme. (Stares at the elephent from the le cirque set. ;) ) I also like how you resized some of the decorative items, something I didn't realize we could do in 3, to create a unique look. The addition of skill items, as well as a rest area, will make this a fun place to bring sims of all ages

Buckley's Pub/dive bar what a delightful warm and inviting place for sims to hang out in. I can see this landing in several worlds for sims, whether they want juice or to sit in one of the tea rooms off to ateriethe side, or just hang out and play pool.

Second Chance Thrift store is another charming build that fits in so well the pub. They look like they belong to the same town and block. Once again your creative use of game content shines brightly.

Star Market is a delightful combination of a bakery and grocery shop. I like how you fit so much detail into a 20x20 lot.

Chocolaterie just see all above and apply here. ;)

Your use of color through out the entire series is on point and carries the theme consistently from one build to the next, and how well they all just happen to fit with the new world Rflong built for Hidehi is just delightful.

@60smusicluvr
    Billie Bourgeois and Applejax are adorable. Billie, decidedly started on the wrong foot, but hopefully she'll get herself going in the right direction so she can provide a good home for herself and Applejax.

Colin Fitzgerald you've billed him as the boy next door, yet his face makes me think mischievous trouble maker.

Micro Modern is a lovely take on the modern architecture. Especially the roof details, it's a great way to incorporate cfe as a building tool to accent what is already a lovely little build.

Samuel Crowe – Household, Rosalinda Sanders – Sim, Latoya McRae – Sim quite the interesting trio. Poor Samuel has his hands full, as a reporter, with those two for the house review.

Cream Brulee Strip encompasses most modern apartment complexes nicely, and as you mentioned it would fit a beach world or starlight shores nicely. I like the use of space on the lot, as well as how each unit has it's own overall theme inside.

The blue dolphin is another cute modern build, which encompasses a nice use of color on the interior.

Anastasia Escamilla what a sweet sim, even if you hadn't mentioned that she was inspired by Roaring Heights, one can tell that she would fit the world and a 20s themed story line beautifully.

@LMC6255
    Ginger Davis & Ginger's Fantasy Abode what a sweet sim, and charming house that brings together different elements of game content.

Henry Grant & Henry's Hopeful Abode delightfully charming with a hint of rustic earthiness.

The Lonely Hearts Restaurant, A Sweet Date Bakery, The Lonely Hearts Park what a delitful trio of places for sims to meet up for dates.

@Rflong7
    Christmas village is a cute world, with an intriguing cast of characters to choose from.
    Plus an empty version for simmers to build in.

I strongly suspect that Plaid and Icee, the polar bear dogs, will find their way into many a game. They adorable.

@Kesminlix
    What an adorable Christmas tree farm, complete with a nice sized pond for skating on during the winter months. I can see many sims cuddling in the cabin with hot coco from the stand after an hour or so of skating. The hallmark movie sweetness definitely comes through in a warm & cozy way.

Evergreen Holiday Cabin is a warm and welcoming cabin that any sim will enjoy. I can see summers on the porch, and winters cuddled by the fire. While the more daring might venture out to the hot tub.

What a lovely set of coat colors for horses. It's sure to make cas a little smoother for the simmers who like as much realism in their game as possible.

@Suzses
    Rowan Tree Grove (a residential lot)
    What a delightful mix of classical architecture with modern interior design. Thank you for the warning about buy debug usage.

Lupin Lane Townhouse Apartments
    Bright & vibrant exterior, warm and cozy interior, with a lovely balance of colors to natural wood tones.

The Valdez Household, Roomies 1 & 2
    I like how you matched their traits to their outfits, and then took pictures that helped showcase their personalities even further.

Stargazer is a cool and modern twist on a classic A frame building. With plenty of windows for natural light during the day.

Chalet is another delightful build just waiting for the right sim to move in.

I really like how each build you've done will fit right into it's intended world, or just about any other sim world.

@Puddinroy thank you again for the wonderful gifts, and now that my schedule is shifting more back to normal I'm looking forward to playing Thagus & Xads Endod in their home and exploring the arcade with them. I especially am looking forward to seeing how much of their genetics will carry forward into future generations.

I love the sci-fi twist that you gave their modern home.

@GraceyManor UFO Welcome center what an interesting lot, with a cute cafe. I now know of a rl place my hubby might like to visit. Your lot does a nice homage to it's rl counterpart.

The Davilla's what a cute family. I suspect they will have lot's of fun exploring different places no matter where they end up.

@ciane let's just start with 8 … wow
    What a neat collection of inspirational pictures, with matching builds. You did a nice job of translating unique modern architecture into homes for sims within the constraints of the games limits. Very inspiring.

@Hidehi
    The Pole family and their run down home are a delightful combination for the renovation challenge.

Forest Grump & his cave ooooo! <3 I suspect he will be a very fun sim for SamelaRita to play with. Along with anyone else who wants to put a slightly different spin on the apocalypse challenge.

Hatter & Haven D'Amour what a sad & sweet backstory for what looks to be a fun household and lot to play.

All three families and builds show your eye for detail, and using the game content in a way that highlights how even the simplest items can be used in a meaningful way.

@SamelaRita
    What a touching story for the Fairweathers and the Cape Cod house you built for them.

The Hunter brothers and the house on the green will make a charming addition to just about any sim community.

The Oakfield's and the Saltbox house … please see above …..

The village green looks like a great community lot for sims to gather at and hold special events at.

Each couple and build had such a lovely story to go with it, and each build is so very homey. Each one is sure to be a delight to play, whether it's just the sims, the lot, or the two together.

@ADWilson
    You spoil us all, Pearson place looks like it will be fun to explore. Looking forward to discovering all the goodies tucked inside.

AdWilson and @MiaSkywalker thank you both for your time and working making sure our gifts to our buddies were cc free.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @GraceyManor
    The story of when Ginger met Henry (heehee) was sad and yet showed some potential sparks between them ... or even a really good friendship. Your storytelling is quite good & I'd like to see more! Will this be added to your blog? Do let us know where we can find more of your story. Please and thank you!
  • Options
    @ADWilson Really enjoy your story regarding the Pole family. Such a tear jerker to me but I know their future will be brighter ahead. :smile:

Thank you very much!
    Your kitty holiday image is purr-fect!
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @ADWilson: I enjoyed your story with the Pole family.

Thank you very much!
    @ADWilson
    You spoil us all, Pearson place looks like it will be fun to explore. Looking forward to discovering all the goodies tucked inside.

AdWilson and @MiaSkywalker thank you both for your time and working making sure our gifts to our buddies were cc free.

Thank you very much! Happy Exploring. B)
    It was my pleasure! Nothing against other events but something about this time seemed especially lively and full of good cheer! Makes me look forward to doing another one ... next year.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Oh wow guys! Thanks so much =) I'm glad everyone likes my story.^_^
    I'm kind of a weather buff and love to storm watch/storm chase.And wanted to do something a little different.

Edit: https://paradiseboundsims.weebly.com/
    Blog here ^_^

Chapter here: https://paradiseboundsims.weebly.com/chapter-3
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    I'm kind of a weather buff and love to storm watch/storm chase.And wanted to do something a little different.

Blog here ^_^

@GraceyManor I love what your story so far and look forward to reading more!! I also like the screenshots of the lots and the town!! You definitely have me wanting more!! I look forward to the next chapter!! Awesome writing GraceyManor!!! :)
  • Options
    LMC6255 wrote: »

Blog here ^_^

@GraceyManor I love what your story so far and look forward to reading more!! I also like the screenshots of the lots and the town!! You definitely have me wanting more!! I look forward to the next chapter!! Awesome writing GraceyManor!!! :)

Thanks so much!! =)
  • Options
    @60smusicluvr - Sorry it took so long to share my latest pics of Anastasia's play. Here they are:

http://cianesims.home.blog/story/60s/ana/

I'm not the story teller several are, but I do enjoy my gifts. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @ciane
    Love the update!
    (I love the white dress in the background, is the pattern a pattern you downloaded?)
    Who knew it took skill to make a peanut butter and jelly? LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top