Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't know how my two sims got fat. (help)

WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
So both of my sims got fat and i don't understand how?

My two sims went gym once a week, they only ate when they were hungry which was like two meals a day but my female sim fatness was at the top and the male was nearly at the top. (i had to use testingcheat true cheat to make them skinny on cas again) is this a bug or is it normal?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

My two sims went gym once a week, they only ate when they were hungry which was like two meals a day but my female sim fatness was at the top and the male was nearly at the top. (i had to use testingcheat true cheat to make them skinny on cas again) is this a bug or is it normal?

Depends on what they've been eating, each food has a different calorie value.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Depends on what they've been eating, each food has a different calorie value.

How do you even find out about the calorie value?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited December 2019
    There's a list of the calories but from my experience, it really does not do much of a difference since you are only making them eat when they're hungry. It shouldn't make their fat level at the maximum level.

Did they by any chance it the Weight of The World ice cream? That could make them really fat fast.

Did they become fat slowly or was it all of a sudden?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    From a lot of guide websites, the only eating when hungry thing is a myth and the calories count way more. This is what I've found in my game as well after experimenting but I am no way in a position to confirm it or not.

Eat things like fish tacos and salad and you'll be fine. Avoid lobster though and baked goods.

And what sort of gym work out did they do? Some will build muscle but not decrease fat, so if you do these ones they will not ever burn the calories they eat. (Others are the opposite. For weight loss use treadmills, but these don't help at all with building muscle).

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I had an entire household get fat and realized that the gourmet cooking is really high in calories. I found a calories list here.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • poemetragurlpoemetragurl Posts: 17 Member
    [quote="phantasmkiss;c-17338048"]I had an entire household get fat and realized that the gourmet cooking is really high in calories. I found a calories list [url="https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22051.msg392533#msg392533"]here[/url]. [/quote]

This! I used to have this problem but the guide really helped me. In short, don't eat gourmet cooking. It's really high in calories. If you eat a regular meal you should be fine. Also, for children don't feed the baby every time they cry. Use shoosh instead and they should go back to sleep. Over feeding them can lead to your sims being bigger when they age up. I hope this helps you.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Something peculiar happened in my game. I had my chef Sim visit the Bheedas where he cooked some meals for them and soon after left. He did this a couple of times. Now both Bheedas are quite obese - Jesminder in particular, she's very heavy now.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member

It's wierd but I've also had a handful of Sims that got fat as well. It seemed to happen when I hadn't played them in a while. I got tired of seeing this so for one of my Sims, I added a treadmill to their Penthouse apartment but they went too crazy and got too muscular as well as skinny! I was like wow, let me remove that since that Sim was going to crazy with it. However, with other Sims it doesn't seem to work at all and they get fatter and fatter. I think it helps to adjust their traits, then, put workout equipment nearby. Oh and I think using the bicycle with the DU pack should help as well.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    If they’re in university it’s normal, with all that lobster roommates bring all my sims out on weight. Otherwise make them go running it’s good to lose the weight (if only it was as easy for me as in the sims !).
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    From a lot of guide websites, the only eating when hungry thing is a myth and the calories count way more. This is what I've found in my game as well after experimenting but I am no way in a position to confirm it or not.

Eat things like fish tacos and salad and you'll be fine. Avoid lobster though and baked goods.

And what sort of gym work out did they do? Some will build muscle but not decrease fat, so if you do these ones they will not ever burn the calories they eat. (Others are the opposite. For weight loss use treadmills, but these don't help at all with building muscle).

It should be pointed out that in RL certain salads are also fattening. So eating mostly salads is NOT the way to keep lean. It's most likely the type of workout the Sims are doing. I use MCCC to freeze physique. I used to just haul my family into cas.fulleditmode and fix the problem that way, but for a time it used to mes with their ages, so once I discovered the Flags command on the MCCC mod, I have fixed the problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

It should be pointed out that in RL certain salads are also fattening. So eating mostly salads is NOT the way to keep lean. It's most likely the type of workout the Sims are doing. I use MCCC to freeze physique. I used to just haul my family into cas.fulleditmode and fix the problem that way, but for a time it used to mes with their ages, so once I discovered the Flags command on the MCCC mod, I have fixed the problem.

Actually that's true in Sims as well about salads. I should have clarified that by salads i meant the basic garden salad only that you can make off the bat.

Fish and chips are another good one. Sims version has 0 calories. Too bad that wasn't the case in rl haha
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    My first guy gained some weight on his adult birthday. I've learned that they get a special "trait" related to their first aspiration, so if you choose the bodybuilder one for them, then they automatically get a high metabolism! So all of my sims start with bodybuilder now and then I just change it after loading into the game. Haven't had a weight problem since!
    maice wrote: »
    My first guy gained some weight on his adult birthday. I've learned that they get a special "trait" related to their first aspiration, so if you choose the bodybuilder one for them, then they automatically get a high metabolism! So all of my sims start with bodybuilder now and then I just change it after loading into the game. Haven't had a weight problem since!

When you complete an aspiration you get a trait as well even if it's not the first one. My current sim has a huge list of traits as she's completed almost every aspiration in the game haha
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2019
    My sims gain weight when I'm not playing them. I play rotational and I see them a lot.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    If you want a quick fix without going to cas have them eat taste of diet ice cream.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Sims don't burn calories through everyday movement, only through exercise equipment, swimming, riding bikes, and kicking soccer balls.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Another thing is if you own city lov3ing and play on apartments I noticed the same sims will constantly eat at the food stands and pack on rhe3 pounds without you knowing. I had to mod that out for sims to eat less at them.
    5vJrxmT.png
    If you want a quick fix without going to cas have them eat taste of diet ice cream.

How quick is the quick fix?
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.

Instant! :)

And how much of an effect does it have? Do they just get a little slimmer, or...?

And how much of an effect does it have? Do they just get a little slimmer, or...?

My sim went back to her start size after one helping, maybe a little slimmer. 2 helpings make them go real thin
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    I must be the only one who does not see my sims gain weight as a "problem" or something that needs a "instant fix" :D I watch what my sims eat, and I make them use certain gym machines for desired effect. And sometimes it is the sim her/himself who simply tries to tell me she/he wants to have the weight, and wants to eat cakes, cookies and stuff and is fine with it :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    DeKay wrote: »
    There's a list of the calories but from my experience, it really does not do much of a difference since you are only making them eat when they're hungry. It shouldn't make their fat level at the maximum level.

Did they by any chance it the Weight of The World ice cream? That could make them really fat fast.

Did they become fat slowly or was it all of a sudden?

No, tbh i didn;t even though the sims 4 did ice cream lmao. they became really fat fast.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    If they’re in university it’s normal, with all that lobster roommates bring all my sims out on weight. Otherwise make them go running it’s good to lose the weight (if only it was as easy for me as in the sims !).

I think that's when my sim got fat fast.