Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I decided to vote for Happy Haunts.

2...Next

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @babajayne seems like they decided to hear us and made the poll into a rank poll hehe <3 I'm so happy
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @babajayne seems like they decided to hear us and made the poll into a rank poll hehe <3 I'm so happy
    Me too! :)
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    With all the complaints about how random sims are generated for packs. I can see the ghosts just being a PIA. I want more things for my sims to do especially children and elders.
    I agree that both the arts & crafts and healthy living could be in one lifestyle game pack. Maybe we should stop asking for a "farming" pack and call it something else too a harvesting or micro lifestyle so people who think oh wait this could be in that pack and not What do we want a farming pack for?
    I mean look at the last stuff pack - most voted for off-grid/ eco items - we got laundry?????
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    I like the haunting pack idea, but it sounds more like a Game Pack to me and am worried a lot of it would get scratched. So I voted for Arts first and then Haunts. I like the idea of a hobbies pack, so that's my first pick if this is our only chance for it.
    verlainem wrote: »
    With all the complaints about how random sims are generated for packs. I can see the ghosts just being a PIA. I want more things for my sims to do especially children and elders.
    I agree that both the arts & crafts and healthy living could be in one lifestyle game pack. Maybe we should stop asking for a "farming" pack and call it something else too a harvesting or micro lifestyle so people who think oh wait this could be in that pack and not What do we want a farming pack for?
    I mean look at the last stuff pack - most voted for off-grid/ eco items - we got laundry?????

@verlainem They have updated the gardening system in Seasons, I don't think there's anymore for them to do to this feature, so... I think the pack is going to be Farm Animals mostly.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2019
    I voted for Happy Haunts because I think that Arts and Craft related stuff can fit perfectly fine within a Hobbies/Generations EP instead of a plain SP.

I don't see them revisiting the Happy Haunts theme ever again, because I highly doubt we will get a Supernatural EP in the future at all.

Smaller Telescopes 10$? No thank you, that should have been base game material instead.

But in the end; knowing it is still The Sims 4 we're dealing with; putting anything in a EP, things will all end up lackluster and shallow anyway, so maybe they can make a hobbies Gamepack instead.

@rudy8292 Everyone is dreaming of an Elderly Knitting SP, but knowing Sims 4 as I know it will probably be a Young Adult Hipster Knitting SP.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    verlainem wrote: »

@verlainem They have updated the gardening system in Seasons, I don't think there's anymore for them to do to this feature, so... I think the pack is going to be Farm Animals mostly.

@Karon There is so much more they could do with a "farm" micro brewery, wine making, soap making, yarn spinning, farmers market. More on the making of product instead of the harvesting of product. Still working on first coffee, so the ideas not quite flowing yet. That is why I think we need to stop calling it a farming pack, there is so much more that can be done.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SuccySuccy Posts: 29 Member
    Happy Haunts voter here too. I hope it wins.
    @verlainem Farming doesn't necessarily means gardening/harvesting. I know most people think of that when we say "farming", but its a broad concept. Besides livestock, they can add to the gardening/harvesting with new crops too, so... I think it can be called Farming EP, but its too simple. I bet its going to be "Get Harvesting", "Rural Living", or the new "Discover Farms". hahaha
  • dneilldneill Posts: 33 Member
    There's already so much "haunting" stuff in the other packs, like vampires, magic. It's just so similar. I'd really like to see something else. With so many other ideas, I'm really disappointed with what they came up with.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    dneill wrote: »
    There's already so much "haunting" stuff in the other packs, like vampires, magic. It's just so similar. I'd really like to see something else. With so many other ideas, I'm really disappointed with what they came up with.

I disagree. To those who love to play Occults on a regular basis, Vampires and Magic is very different than Hauntings and Ghosts. In fact, many of us have been asking for a Ghost overhaul because they play almost exactly like regular Sims, which is disappointing.

It would be like someone who doesn't like family play wondering why we got toddlers because we already have children and it's the same thing. Or the people who don't care about crafts like knitting saying we don't need it because we already have hobbies like painting, writing and fishing.

It's really just about play preferences. I like to get new things sometimes like StrangerVille, but having more Occult careers or proper Hauntings, Ghost behaviors and Fear are things that I still feel need to be filled in and could contain brand new content and much-needed features if they came in a Game Pack.
    #Team Occult
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Is the vegan trait any different than the already available vegetarian trait? I voted Happy Haunts because it seems the coolest to me. I am really hoping we get that one!
    The difference between the vegan and vegetarian trait is every time a vegan Sim meets someone for the first time a vegan thought bubble appears above them as they walk up to other Sims and say "Hi I'm a vegan"
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Sorry, I guess I'm slightly in the Young Adult Hipster Knitting camp. Lol. To be fair, I'd have my elders use that. I try to let most of them stay cool. That said, versatile objects that flatter them are definitely things I want. I'm probably not looking for Woodstock elders but also not Eleanor Rigby either.

@Karon Yes, the canning concept has been gathering dust. I figured that they might save it for a farming EP. Likewise, nectar-making.

I agree that Strangerville added some long asked for items. Likewise, University seems to be adding cheap items for small spaces that were asked for.

Polling the community doesn't result in everything I want but I think that it's good that they do it sometimes. I think it can result in some packs that are more in touch with what we as players actually want. We just don't all want the same things.

For myself, I guess I'm a bit quirky so I usually find things that I like but I think some packs have had slightly weird themes. Voting to gauge interest seems like the right way for them to go when in doubt.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    @ChampandGirlie the problem for me with the "YA hipster knitting" concept is that the CAS could add a lot of elderly stuff... They lack in CAS... Specially on swimming clothing, hairstyles, etc... But, yeah, i agree that voting for stuff is better than waiting to buy something random.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    @Karon I totally get that. I'm actually wanting stuff for elders as well. It's just that I'd like it if the stuff can work on the other generations as well. Knitting seems to imply sweaters and layers that can look good on all ages. I like to be pretty versatile with clothes but I'm not hoping for disco grannies either.

It all depends on how much CAS/BB we'll get. Anyway, it's just that my elders are more subtle about aging but I want more options for them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited December 2019
    As for me, I've bought every pack in the entire sims series since the Sims 1. And if they make the occult pack, it will be the first pack I don't buy from EA. There is no way I will play the occult via a game, no matter what game it is.

I know occult things have been added here and there over the course of the sims series, but they've always been easily avoidable and optional. But to make an entire pack with the things they are presenting? No way. I know people who have dabbled in that stuff and how evil has followed them where ever they go. I know one person who was playing a ouija board when he was 15 years old and he knew something evil had entered him that day, by his own account.

It may be for some, but not for me. And that's my opinion.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Sunirose wrote: »
    As for me, I've bought every pack in the entire sims series since the Sims 1. And if they make the occult pack, it will be the first pack I don't buy from EA. There is no way I will play the occult via a game, no matter what game it is.

I know occult things have been added here and there over the course of the sims series, but they've always been easily avoidable and optional. But to make an entire pack with the things they are presenting? No way. I know people who have dabbled in that stuff and how evil has followed them where ever they go. I know one person who was playing a ouija board when he was 15 years old and he knew something evil had entered him that day, by his own account.

It may be for some, but not for me. And that's my opinion.

And that's exactly why it should be in a full, separate, themed Game Pack. So that those of us who want to play with it can have it, but for those who feel uncomfortable with such content, they can skip it without missing too much. :)
    #Team Occult

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top