Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bicycles Are Great!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yeah, bikes are are great but they lost them (they went into household inventory) and I am not giving them back. Here's why ... my Sim rode his bike into the bathroom and got stuck in a corner and missed his final. Maybe my fault for not paying attention. I was focused on another Sim. His action he thought up on his own was go to class early. I thought he went. Another reason ... bikes break my immersion into the game. When I say jog or go here he rode the bike. My athletic Sim was supposed to jog for 2 hours. Maybe I just have to get used to them and it's my fault but for now my Sims do not have bikes. Finally, it's not really my fault my Sims went to the secret meeting and forget their bikes at the garden. They should have put them into their inventory when they got there. Yeah, bikes were cool for me in the beginning but not now.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've seen my sims, who don't own bikes, ride them when I'm controlling other sims.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I got a kick out of watching my elders ride around the romance festival. 🌈
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2019
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've seen my sims, who don't own bikes, ride them when I'm controlling other sims.

Yeah, I don't like that feature at all. It's okay to give bikes to homeless or unplayed sims but leave our played sims alone, please. Our own sims should not be seen riding unless we've given them bikes.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »

Yeah, I don't like that feature at all. It's okay to give bikes to homeless or unplayed sims but leave our played sims alone, please. Our own sims should not be seen riding unless we've given them bikes.

Same with laptops.
  • Options
    Simmer889Simmer889 Posts: 23 Member
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:
    > For me, in my honest opinion:
    > Releasing bikes in a pack and not allowing children to use them, nor adults to teach them, nor include trycicles for toddlers is just giving us half of a feature. No matter how good young adults look riding them nor how nice the animations and routing are. They should have waited for the right pack to introduce them properly, for all life stages. It's a shame because they really are cool. But we got half of a feature and most likely will need to pay again for the other half.

Tricycles for toddlers sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    I doubt we get bikes for kids and toddlers, teaching them to ride them etc. If so, there should have been a bicycling skill, no? I expected such a skill, would be fun if they needed a few skills to really get going. Maybe there is a hidden skill, I have not explored this feature a lot yet, but am looking forward to use it outside Britechester.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I don't know why everyone thinks we'll never see bikes for kids. Laptops were first introduced in Strangerville but they also came with DU. Kids will most likely get bikes in some future pack along with more varieties for adults.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I like them too but lmao riding them indoors, really? They thought this was a good idea.

Now bring cars into the game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I like the fact that they can bring them home, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    I like the bike, but some places they bike they would have crashed, scraped an arm or broke a leg.