Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge (Updated Sept 2019)

Introduction
The purpose of this post is to rewrite the Asylum Challenge that I (Nick) posted back in 2014 as an edit hasn’t been made since 2017. There has been no edits because of my studies at university and working at my job, but during this time I have been actively playing The Sims but just not active on the forums.
The Sims 4 has turned 5 years old recently, and the original Asylum Challenge forum post is almost 5 years old! This makes the original post very out of date since then The Sims 4 has had many expansion packs and game packs released. Simmers from around the world have also commented on the original forum post with their own suggestions for the challenge, which we will take on board of course.
The amazing @EuphorialQueen has been very active on the original Asylum Challenge forum post, answering questions and helping Simmers to the best of her ability. Her help has not gone unnoticed, hence why I asked her to help me out the rewrite the challenge for 2019.
It has been so cool reading and watching people play the challenge, please keep it up! Let us know how it’s going for you!

This challenge was originally created by Scout for The Sims 2, then revamped for The Sims 3 by BlakeS5678. Also, credit to the other Simmers that have rewritten their own versions of the challenge for The Sims 4 as well.
For those who do not know the Asylum Challenge, here is the backstory:
“You have been committed to a run down mental health facility against your will. In order to prove that you are fit to rejoin society and earn your freedom, you must achieve the goals your psychiatrist has set for you – your aspiration. The catch? You need to achieve your goals as quickly as possible, while keeping 7 other patients, who you don't know and are out of your control, alive and as happy as possible. Add to that budget cutbacks leading to a lack of decent furniture and limited supplies, and your task gets harder.”

To change things up, there will be three levels of difficulty for the challenge. This is for Simmers who want to be a little bit relaxed while playing the challenge or hardcore Simmers who love a challenge.

I've created a Google Doc which I've formatted to my liking and has a table of contents. It also give you the option to download it as a PDF. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GBLLVbbTE9Z8fmIgkIy3i8IDxp9q2JPyk7ipquTbtdU/edit?usp=sharing
If there is anything you're unsure of, comment on this post or even send me a tweet. (@NickM97)

Setting Up
Create your main Sim in CAS. They must be a young adult. You can choose whatever you want for looks, clothing, voice and walk styles. They must have the erratic trait and the other two traits can be anything except for modded traits.

You can also choose any aspiration except for the following:
  • Successful Lineage
  • Big Happy Family
  • Super Parent
  • Fabulously Wealthy
  • Mansion Baron
  • City Native
  • Friend of the Animals
  • Master Actor

The main reason behind not allowing these aspirations is because they will either take too long (fortune aspirations) or they require having an empty household (Big Happy Family, Friend of the Animals etc.)

After finishing your main Sim, create seven other Sims. They all must be young adults and they must all have the erratic trait. The other two traits and their aspirations can be whatever you want. I recommend having a few evil, mean and romantic Sims, just to make things interesting. None of the eight Sims are allowed to be related.

Next step is to build the asylum on a residential lot. The Asylum can be in any world from any expansion pack or game pack. The size of the lot does not matter. You can build the asylum yourself, download an asylum from the Gallery using the hashtag #AsylumChallenge or modify an existing house in one of the worlds.. Money cheats are allowed when building or placing your asylum. Depending on your mode of difficulty depends on what objects are allowed in your asylum, but all objects must be the cheapest at the beginning (Cheap counters, cheap beds, cheap couches etc.). You cannot have objects in the asylum which affects Sim’s emotions (unless the object was obtained through a career reward) or which prevents fires. Lot traits depend on your level of difficulty. When you have finished building the asylum you cannot modify further, unless Sims get stuck in a certain area or your asylum saves up enough money for a new skill building item or when you can purchase an upgraded item (more on that later).

When you have finished creating your asylum, your family funds must be at the required amount for your difficulty. To change the family funds you must first type into the cheat box “testingcheats true” (without quotations), then type into the cheat box “money (amount required). For example, for easy mode you would put "testingcheats true" followed by "money 1000" followed by "testingcheats false".

Gameplay Rules and Tips
  • You must only be selected on your main Sim, you are not allowed to click on the other Sims at all to check their needs. If they die, they die.
  • If you want to, at 12am, you can click on the other Sims to check their inventory if they have books, food etc. When doing this your game must be paused.
  • Cheats/mods/hacks which boost Sim’s needs or skills are not allowed.
  • High free will must be turned on, so the other Sims in the asylum will do things by themselves.
  • You can not use your inventory to reserve items for yourself. For example, you can't put a book or guitar in your inventory just so no one else can put it in theirs.
  • The age settings can either be on normal or long, it’s your choice.
  • No rearranging of furniture to reserve or use something for yourself. For example, you can not move the TV into a bedroom and turn it on just to get an uncontrollable Sim out of bed so you can sleep in the bed. Nor can you remove a door so others can't gain access to the bathroom so you can use it when you come home from work.
  • If a Sim dies you must keep the grave on the lot.
  • Putting toilets and showers/baths in separate rooms is OK in all difficulties, as dying from embarrassment tends to occur too much. (Though I do recommend keeping them in the same room, just for drama)
  • Making your Sim “work hard” in their career is ok, you cannot make the other patients “work hard” in their careers.

Difficulty Modes and Rules
There are 3 different modes of difficulty for this challenge.

Easy Mode
  • Starting funds: §1,000
  • Complete two aspirations, then you are free!
  • Can have the TV and the computer at the same time.
  • Two sinks, two toilets and two showers/bathtubs.
  • No more than 6 ‘bed spots’. For example you can have 6 single beds, or 3 double beds, 1 double and 4 single beds etc.
  • There can only be total seating for 8. That includes couches, lounges and chairs. If you have a dining table with 6 chairs then you may not use a couch that seats 3.
  • You may only have a total of 5 Skill Building items in the house, so choose wisely at the start. Computers, stoves, bookcases, mirrors, planter boxes/pots and TVs don't count as skill items. It is highly recommended to have skill items which make money, for example the easel. (When you earn more money you can buy more skill building items)
  • You must have at least 1 negative lot trait.
  • Everyone in the asylum is allowed a job, but the non-controllable Sims must be in the Criminal Career as it is the lowest paying job. You are not allowed to level them up in their career. If they lose their job, they have lost it forever. Your main Sim can have whatever job they like. (It is recommended that their job is related to their aspiration. For example a Sim with the Master Chef aspiration should be in the Culinary Career)
  • You can purchase lifetime rewards
  • Hiring services is allowed (maid, repairman, pizza etc.)
  • Curfew: Can leave the lot to go fishing and collecting at anytime. Can only travel to other people’s houses and community lots during the hours of 9:00am-3:00pm. (When travelling to another lot you must bring everyone from the asylum along with you)
  • If a Sim dies, no objects have to be deleted.

Medium Mode
  • Starting funds: §500
  • Complete three aspirations, then you are free!
  • You cannot have a TV and a computer at the same time. It is recommended that if your Sim has the Computer Whiz aspiration for example, that you should have a computer.
  • One sink, one toilet and one shower/bathtub.
  • No more than 5 ‘bed spots’. For example, you can have 5 single beds, or 2 doubles and 1 single bed etc.
  • There can only be total seating for 6. That includes couches, lounges and chairs. If you have a dining table with 4 chairs then you may not use a couch that seats 3.
  • You may only have a total of 4 Skill Building items in the house, so choose wisely at the start. Computers, stoves, bookcases, mirrors, planter boxes/pots and TVs don't count as skill items. It is highly recommended to have skill items which make money, for example the easel. (When you earn more money you can buy more skill building items)
  • You must have at least 2 negative lot traits.
  • Only 2 non-controllable Sims are allowed jobs, both must be in the criminal career. Your main Sim can have whatever job they like. (It is recommended that their job is related to their aspiration. For example a Sim with the Master Chef aspiration should be in the Culinary Career)
  • You can purchase lifetime rewards
  • Hiring services is not allowed.
  • Curfew: Can leave the lot to go fishing and collecting between the hours or 7:00am-5:00pm. Can only travel to other people’s houses and community lots during the hours of 9:00am-3:00pm. (When travelling to another lot you must bring everyone from the asylum along with you)
  • If a Sim dies, 1 seat must be deleted until there is 1 seat remaining.

Hard Mode
  • Starting funds: §100
  • Complete four aspirations, then you are free!
  • You cannot have a TV and a computer at the same time. It is recommended that if your Sim has the Computer Whiz aspiration for example, that you should have a computer
  • One sink, one toilet and one shower/bathtub.
  • No more than 4 ‘bed spots’. For example, you can have 4 single beds, or 2 double beds, 1 double bed and 2 singles
  • There can only be total seating for 4. That includes couches, lounges and chairs. If you have a dining table with 2 chairs then you may not use a couch that seats 3.
  • You may only have a total of 3 Skill Building items in the house, so choose wisely at the start. Computers, stoves, bookcases, mirrors, planter boxes/pots and TVs don't count as skill items. It is highly recommended to have skill items which make money, for example the easel. (When you earn more money you can buy more skill building items)
  • All your lot traits must be negative.
  • Non-controllable Sims are not allowed jobs. You main Sim can only have a job if their aspiration requires it. For example the Master Chef aspiration requires your Sim to be in the Culinary Career.
  • You cannot purchase lifetime rewards
  • Hiring services are not allowed.
  • Curfew: Can leave the lot to go fishing and collecting between the hours or 12:00am-5:00am. Travelling to other lots is banned, unless your Sim’s aspiration requires them to (e.g. Realm of Magic). If that is the case, you can travel to other lots between 6:00pm-11:00pm. (When travelling to another lot you must bring everyone from the asylum along with you)
  • If a Sim dies, 1 bed and 1 seat must be deleted until there is only 1 bed and 1 seat remaining.

The Handiness Skill and Upgrading Objects
Using the handiness skill to upgrade objects (self cleaning, unbreakable etc.) is allowed in all difficulty modes. You can also use the skill to craft objects on the woodworking bench. These items can be added to the asylum.

When the asylum saves up a bit of money you can start replacing the cheap furniture and appliances with high quality furniture and appliances. You can only replace items, you cannot buy extra items. For example, you can replace the fridge but you can’t have two fridges. You cannot buy upgraded objects in hard mode.

Aspirations
In the difficulties it states that a number of aspirations must be completed. This refers to aspirations such as the Computer Whiz aspiration. It does NOT refer to groups of aspirations such as the all of the aspirations in the Creativity category.

FAQ
What do you do when your Sim is at work?
Fast forward or just do some people watching with the other patients! Sims on freewill are interesting.

I need to buy a skill object for my Sim to complete their aspiration, is that ok?
Yes! If your asylum has enough money.

What happens if my main Sim dies?
You have two options, it’s game over and you gotta start again or you can continue with another Sim in the household.

Other Sims are inviting my Sims out via the cell phone, can I accept their invitations?
Unfortunately no, your Sims outside friends will have to wait till your Sim is out of the asylum for them to eat out at a restaurant or dance at a club.

Can I get Sims from the gallery to be my other patients?
Yes! But make sure they have no careers as some Sims on the gallery have careers and skills already. If they have a career, make them quit when the game starts up. If they have skills and you’re keeping score, you can’t count those skills towards your skill.

I have a chest table with two chairs, do they count towards the chair count?
No! That also includes other skill items that require a chair to use them.

Expansion Pack Changes
Get To Work
  • Alien patients are allowed.
  • Active careers are not allowed as they require leaving the lot.
  • Your Sim cannot own a retail business
  • If a member of the Asylum is abducted by aliens and comes back pregnant, when they give birth you can send the baby back to Sixam or if you have room in the household an added challenge could be raising the child.
  • Giving other patients medicine is optional, either let the sickness go away naturally or you can buy medicine and make them take it.

Get Together
  • You can create an Asylum club for the patients, you cannot add outside Sims to the club.
  • Club perks are allowed for all levels of difficulties.
  • Groups are allowed.

City Living
  • Apartments and Penthouse lots cannot be asylums.
  • Going to festivals is allowed but must be within curfew times.
  • The City Native aspiration is not allowed because it requires owning an apartment.

Cats & Dogs
  • Pets are not allowed.

Seasons
  • In easy mode you can turn off temperature effects for Sims if you like but you must keep them on for medium and hard mode.
  • Celebrating holidays is allowed, you can even decorate the asylum if you like (if you have the money).
  • Custom holidays are allowed.
  • An asylum can come with a thermostat in easy and medium mode but a hard mode asylum has to purchase one with their own money

Get Famous
  • Fame and reputation is allowed but can be turned off if you like.
  • The Acting active career is not allowed.

Island Living
  • Living on a beach lot is allowed.
  • Having a mermaid Sim is allowed.

Game Pack Changes
Outdoor Retreat
  • Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration is allowed.
  • You can only travel to Granite Falls when you need to complete certain goals in the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration.
  • When travelling to Granite Falls you must bring all of your fellow patients with you and choose the campground as your destination.

Spa Day
  • Yoga mats and other wellness skill boosting items of course count as a skill building items.

Dine Out
  • Your Sim cannot own a restaurant.
  • Your household cannot visit a restaurant.

Vampires
  • Vampire patients are allowed.
  • Vampire aspirations are allowed.

Parenthood
  • Super Parent aspiration is not allowed

Jungle Adventure
  • Jungle related aspirations are allowed.
  • You can only travel to Selvadorada when you need to complete certain goals in the jungle related aspirations.
  • When travelling to Selvadorada you must bring all of your fellow patients, it is recommended to make a campground of some kind (similar to the Granite Falls campground for example).

StrangerVille
  • You’re allowed to build an asylum in Strangerville.
  • The Strangerville Mystery aspiration is allowed, but remember when you’re allowed to leave the asylum!
  • For more interesting gameplay, you’re allowed to use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat to make the 7 other patients eat some Bizarre Fruit. Your Sim won’t be allowed to eat it as it boosts their needs. When you complete the Strangerville Mystery aspiration you should cure your fellow patients.

Realm of Magic
  • Spellcasters are allowed
  • The cauldron counts as a skill object
  • Travelling to the Realm of Magic is allowed, but you must follow the curfew rules.

Stuff Pack Changes
Bowling Night
  • The bowling alley does not count as a skill building object. But to get one your Asylum must save up the money for one.

Laundry Day
  • Laundry is optional, but you must start off with the washing tub and the outdoor clothesline. In Easy and Medium mode you can upgrade them to a washing machine and dryer if you have enough money.
  • In Hard mode you are only allowed the washing tub and outdoor clothesline.

My First Pet
  • The pet in the pet cage is the only pet the asylum is allowed to have. If it isn’t taken care of, maybe someone will get bit!

Patch Changes
  • Pools are allowed but they are classified as a skill building item.
  • You can build your asylum in Newcrest.
  • A dishwasher can only be purchased if the asylum has enough money.
  • The tragic clown painting is allowed, and he is allowed to be summoned.
  • Lot traits are allowed
  • Freelance careers are allowed, but since they don’t contribute to any aspirations currently they are not recommended
  • Creating a Sim using the story tool in CAS is not allowed.
  • Part Time jobs (Retail, Fast Food etc.) are allowed

Scoring
(Optional)

+50: per aspiration completed.

+1: per skill point any of the 8 Sims have at the end. Only living Sims count.

+1: per 1000 Satisfaction points every Sim has. Only living Sims count.

-20: per Sim that died.

-20: per fire which has occurred.

-10: per day when the power and water is shut off. (E.g. Power and Water shut off for 2 days =-20 points)
Post edited by simswithcheese on

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2019
    @simswithcheese Bookmarked! Yay! \o/ Thank you so much for updating this challenge, it's been one of my all-time favorite to play. I've played it at least a half-dozen times in all modes. I will definitely be playing it again soon with the new updated rules! Thanks again! <3

EDIT: Thanks also to @EuphorialQueen for helping to keep the original thread going by answering questions and also for helping with the update to this one. You rock! <3

Also, I'm SO happy to hear we're allowed to play in Sulani, I've actually been contemplating doing this challenge on the little island lot in Mua Pel'am. Or maybe the volcano lot, that could be VERY interesting. hehe ;)

Oh, one question about that actually, would the volcanic activity lot trait be considered 'negative'? I'm guessing most likely yes, but could be positive considering the lava bombs contain goodies, so that's why I'm not sure which it would be. Thanks!
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    @Karababy52 That's awesome! :smiley: Even though you do get items from the lava bombs I'll still consider it a negative lot trait as it's a type of "disaster" and it makes Sims tense :smile:
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I've been waiting for an update for so long! Thank you for doing this.

Quick Question: Does the bowling alley count as a skill building item? I'd like a way to distract sims from the computer so I can get it more often.
    funny-gifs20.gif

@simswithcheese Excellent! Thanks for getting back to me with an answer so quickly! :) I also had another thought for another way to play this challenge, which brings up another question. Hope you don't mind. :)

The rules say Spellcasters are allowed. Does that mean all the inmates can be Spellcasters or just your controlled inmate? The reason I ask is because it could be SO much fun (and most likely mass chaos) with an asylum full of erratic Spellcasters. Just think about what could happen! o.O lol GAH! Now I want ROM more than ever just to try it (if allowed).
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    @nerdfashion I would say no since the bowling skill doesn't contribute to any aspirations. But the only way to get one is for the asylum to save up some money :) Will update that in the rules!

@Karababy52 Everyone can be a Spellcaster, just like everyone can be any other occult (aliens, vampires etc.) :blush:
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @simswithcheese - thank you so much for up-dating this challenge, which I am still playing :)
    @simswithcheese Yay! \o/ That's fabulous news! Thank you! :) Now, I just need to get the pack... some day. :| *sigh*
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If there are mermaid sims living in the asylum and you have a pool, does the pool count as a "bed spot", considering mermaids can sleep there?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited September 2019
    If there are mermaid sims living in the asylum and you have a pool, does the pool count as a "bed spot", considering mermaids can sleep there?
    Pools are allowed but they are classified as a skill building item.
    Pools are classed (for this challenge) as skill building.
    Anyone can use them and gain fitness skill.
    A designated "bed spot" can be used by all Sims.
    Based on that information pools are only skill based and not a "bed spot" for the purpose of this challenge.
    :smiley:
  • WyattsMommy1211WyattsMommy1211 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have basemental and they have Xanax pills and I was wondering if I could use that for the crazy people
    edited October 2019
    I have basemental and they have Xanax pills and I was wondering if I could use that for the crazy people
    Cheats/mods/hacks which boost Sim’s needs or skills are not allowed.
  • WyattsMommy1211WyattsMommy1211 Posts: 3 New Member
    Euphorial Queen so mods are allowed as long as they don’t help skills or needs. Sorry If this seems repetitive this is the first time I’m doing the challenge and I want to make sure I’m doing it right and following all the rules
    @EuphorialQueen so mods are allowed as long as they don’t help skills or needs. Sorry If this seems repetitive this is the first time I’m doing the challenge and I want to make sure I’m doing it right and following all the rules
    Hi @WyattsMommy1211 :smile: Yes that is how the challenge is written as it is intended to use the game mechanics to play. Meaning Sims get tired, hungry, dirty etc and only your main Sim is controllable.
    Generally speaking mods and custom content are used at the players discretion.
    EA/Maxis does not promote the use of mods/cc and is not responsible for how they affect your game.
    Due to its nature the particular mod you mention is not encouraged as it is against the Terms of Service for The Sims in general.

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2019
    Great to see you've updated the rules and thanks to EuphorialQueen for keeping things going!

I'm assuming you are not allowed to start off with a fire sprinkler in Medium and Hard mode, but are you allowed to buy one in Medium?

EDIT: Here's a montage of some of the lowlights of my on-again off-again asylum challenge

MiuNocT.jpg

That reminds me, if klepto sims steal stuff and leave it lying around like that mailbox can you sell it?
    Post edited by WaytoomanyUIDs on
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • CatalinaWineMixerCatalinaWineMixer Posts: 1 New Member
    I've noticed an issue with the updated game; whenever I sleep in a bed, the game is automatically assigning that bed to my Sim. I can't figure out a way to make this stop, and I don't believe any other Sim is sleeping in the bed after it's been assigned to me. It seems like a borderline challenge "breaking" change.

Do you know for sure if any Sim can sleep in a bed that's assigned to another Sim? Or if there's a way to turn this "feature" off? The only fix I've found is to delete the bed in build mode and replace it, but that is burning funds every time I do it. Thank you!
    edited December 2019
    @CatalinaWineMixer
    Yipes! I like the new feature of being able to assign beds. But had not thought of the how it would affect a challenge. I don't remember if you can unassign a bed or not. If you don't mind doing a bit of testing your input would be appreciated. I will test as well.
    ° For now treat the bed assignment as a "first come first serve" situation.
    ° Watch to see if other Sims nap on the assigned beds.
    ° Tag me with what you are seeing.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    :smile:
    - EQ #EQCreations
    Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
  • MyaRoseMyaRose Posts: 2 New Member
    @CatalinaWineMixer @EuphorialQueen
    I had noticed this on my game too but after playing for a while and keeping an eye on the beds, a Sim that wasn't assigned to that bed did eventually sleep in it, even though there were other beds available. The Sim it was assigned to was at work at the time, so I'm not sure if that was a factor or not.
  • MyaRoseMyaRose Posts: 2 New Member
    > @MyaRose said:
    > @CatalinaWineMixer @EuphorialQueen
    > I had noticed this on my game too but after playing for a while and keeping an eye on the beds, a Sim that wasn't assigned to that bed did eventually sleep in it, even though there were other beds available. The Sim it was assigned to was at work at the time, so I'm not sure if that was a factor or not.

I should probably also mention that they got into the bed without me prompting them to sleep in it - they did it on their own.
    @MyaRose Thank you for that information. I am watching this in my game saves as well.
    My thought is not intentionally assign beds or to worry about them being "claimed" by the non-controlled Sims.
    Rather consider it a "first come first served" scenario when the game thinks a bed is assigned to the first Sim to sleep there.
    As far as the controlled Sim I would just let them choose where to sleep by clicking on the energy bar to let them "auto-solve" where to sleep.

- EQ #EQCreations

edited December 2019
    @CatalinaWineMixer @EuphorialQueen I'm playing another Asylum Challenge (my 4th or 5th time) and have had a bed 'assigned' by the game to my controlled inmate the first time she slept in one too. But, it doesn't seem to really assign it to her so no one else can sleep there. Other inmates still will nap and sleep in that bed and she will do the same with other beds. I think the only time they'll actually go to the bed 'assigned' to them is when you click the autosolve. It's just a theory though because I always control in which bed she will sleep.

I should note that I do not have DU, perhaps it works differently if you have that pack? I'm down to five inmates now including my controlled inmate playing on hard mode, so there is only one bed left for them to sleep and they all will sleep in it without incident.

On a sidenote, this is the first time I've ever had any inmates die playing this challenge. Honestly though, I'm not surprised since the asylum is located on the Key Point island lot in Mua Pel'am Sulani. The first time I saw Grim rising out of the inky black depth of the ocean sporting swim goggles I just about fell out of my chair laughing. It's not funny when your challenge Sims die, bummed me out, but seeing Grim like that and then the urn floating in a red/white life preserver ring helped to lighten the mood. lol

Victim #1

caX4X90.png

Victim #2 - He drowned swimming out to 'witness death' of the Victim #1 along with some of the others.

knnXidW.png

Victim #3 - The last one (so far) happened just recently, a couple weeks later.

vlbhV8A.png

Just a close-up to show Grim's goggles a little better and the floating urn.

RmZfi2J.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @CatalinaWineMixer @EuphorialQueen I'm playing another Asylum Challenge (my 4th or 5th time) and have had a bed 'assigned' by the game to my controlled inmate the first time she slept in one too. But, it doesn't seem to really assign it to her so no one else can sleep there. Other inmates still will nap and sleep in that bed and she will do the same with other beds. I think the only time they'll actually go to the bed 'assigned' to them is when you click the autosolve. It's just a theory though because I always control in which bed she will sleep.

I should note that I do not have DU, perhaps it works differently if you have that pack? I'm down to five inmates now including my controlled inmate playing on hard mode, so there is only one bed left for them to sleep and they all will sleep in it without incident.

On a sidenote, this is the first time I've ever had any inmates die playing this challenge. Honestly though, I'm not surprised since the asylum is located on the Key Point island lot in Mua Pel'am Sulani. The first time I saw Grim rising out of the inky black depth of the ocean sporting swim goggles I just about fell out of my chair laughing. It's not funny when your challenge Sims die, bummed me out, but seeing Grim like that and then the urn floating in a red/white life preserver ring helped to lighten the mood. lol

Victim #1

caX4X90.png

Victim #2 - He drowned swimming out to 'witness death' of the Victim #1 along with some of the others.

knnXidW.png

Victim #3 - The last one (so far) happened just recently, a couple weeks later.

vlbhV8A.png

Just a close-up to show Grim's goggles a little better and the floating urn.

RmZfi2J.png

...sims to each other...I can barely stand because I'm so tired, and my needs are all in the red, but let's go and take a swim and see what's going on over there...*drowns* on, look, there's grimmie in the water...let's go see him...
    ...sims to each other...I can barely stand because I'm so tired, and my needs are all in the red, but let's go and take a swim and see what's going on over there...*drowns* on, look, there's grimmie in the water...let's go see him..
    More drowning ~ ~ ~ :astonished::lol:
    LOVE the Sea Grim <3
    @Karababy52 @SoulGal7
    I contacted @simswithcheese to discuss what if any changes might be needed to accommodate DU.
    edited December 2019
    @SoulGal7 @EuphorialQueen lol Yep, that's pretty much exactly how it went down! Silly Sims... *rolls eyes* Thanks for checking on any rules update needed for DU. I don't have the pack, yet, but it'll be nice for those who do and when I get it myself, someday...

I had a bit of a frustrating glitch last night. I'd been playing for over 4 hrs., saved several times and then when I tried to save after my Sim finally completed her first of four aspirations needed, I got some kind of error code and it failed to save. Never, ever had that happen before. I tried save, save as and even tried to do a 'save and go to manage worlds'.

I thought that last part had worked, but nope. When I logged back into the game, the only save I had left was right before I started playing at the beginning of the night. All other saves I'd done through the night had disappeared. All that playing, just gone, wiped out. :(

Almost made me want to delete the challenge in a fit of frustration and rage. But I didn't. I did a search on the forums and found out others have had this problem for years and it almost always is a result of a relationship between Sims that got corrupted somehow.

It seems true in my case since my Sim had been flirting with one of the inmates, but he was mean to her for seemingly no reason (probably the erratic trait), so I had her 'ask to be just friends' and start flirting with a different inmate. I guess the game didn't like that.

She had just the first inmate as a potential love interest before I played and lost everything. So I just didn't have her dump him and go for the other guy and it's saving just fine now. Well, I also did a repair too, so that it could've been why it's fixed I suppose. *shrugs*

Anyway, this has certainly been an interesting and drama filled round. Makes me wonder what's going to happen next! o.O lol

EDIT: o.O Just re-read the new rules. Um... I think I need to start over. I totally forgot the rules had been updated. I was going by the old ones and broke a lot of the new ones for hard mode. For instance, no negative lot traits, started with five skill objects, turned off heat affects, bought lifetime rewards, etc. Opps! No worries though, I think this save file is corrupted anyway. I got that save error again last night. *sigh*
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Karababy52
    Oh no!!! It is so frustrating when your game decides to be difficult. SimGuruFrost posted on Twitter hinting at a patch.
    <3
    You may want to dump the whole folder, repair, patch and then start over.
    Just a thought... :wink:

Tweet today.
    SimGuruFrost
    Foresees a patch!