Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    @SamelaRita

Josiah and Martha Fairweather seem to be such a wonderful couple. Cannot wait to play them in game.

The House on the Green - Leo & Rafe Hunter have a wonderful home that seems very functional with some masculine tones. Always a pleasure to explore new male sims in game along with a new home to boot.

Can't wait to see what will happen to Amber & Lucie & how they will like living in The Saltbox. I really liked their backstory.

The Village Green is really awesome! I especially enjoy the church & children's play area. There's something for everyone. :smile:
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @Kesminlix I hope you don't mind, I peeked at some of my gifts.
    dd5c70670fc0b7712bdc639f6016422ef29802ae.jpg

I used the Chestnut Horse Coat for Rowan.

6547591ca10fec9c5ea8e011ea997f0b3ec0ddda.jpg

I used the Dark Bay Coat for Thalia.

c061111f144dd05271fd5ab50603d660fc38071f.jpg

I used the Dark Bay Blanket Appaloosa for Adonis.

aef2d153f0dfb553ae1ab70dfabfe78c09fdfd3d.jpg

I used the Bay Horse Coat for Brigid.

7935a574be739b4db3c68a815f5ebe7239e1ecae.jpg

Also, the Black Horse Coat for Nyx.

I am really looking forward to playing the 50 foal challenge again with so many new horse coats. They are all so lovely, the detailing on the Appaloosa is so pretty. I love them all, Thank you so much!

@Jessabeans Good luck with your 50 foal challenge. Love the pics of your gorgeous horses & lovely horsewoman. :smile:
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @ADWilson Yes! Another take on the story! (I'm trying to get chapter 3 typed up) And that's such a good first name for the mother - I couldn't think of one, so I went with Star - Pole Star, becaus ethey've kind of lost their way without her to guide them. Loved the chapter, and yes, it's sad. Loved the voice too.

@ciane Just as I think you must have finished now (and must have gone without sleep for several days to do all you did), you pull yet another amazing gift out of the bag. It's beautiful, like the original that inspired you.

@Kesminlix Those horse coats are lovely, and I know where I'm heading next time I play a horse and have to create one!
    @ADWilson Just a short note that I've also downloaded the Pearson Place & added it to my favorites. :smiley:
    @Jessabeans Good luck with your 50 foal challenge. Love the pics of your gorgeous horses & lovely horsewoman. :smile:

Thank you Kitty, Kesminlix did such a wonderful job on the horse coats. I am really looking forward to seeing the variations of them in the foals. I use the spotted Acres Genetics Editor mod, so the foals more closely resemble their sires and dames. I wonder how the appaloosa's spotting will look over the generations. Thank you for the kind comments about my lots too. <3

edited December 2019
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @Hidehi
    You said you wouldn't mind seeing a story from me.
    So did @ciane (if I recall correctly) and @SamelaRita might also enjoy another variation.

Two Steps Forward, TIN Steps Back
    This leads to an introduction but also includes a link to Day 1 (long chapter! might need tissues)

Enjoy!
    ♥ Addy

I am looking forward to seeing how things pan out for the Poles in both your games. It's so interesting to see several takes on the same family/home. Your Poles are off to a great start. Samela's Poles got me a little weepy eyed but I'm hopeful for both.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ADWilson Yes! Another take on the story! (I'm trying to get chapter 3 typed up) And that's such a good first name for the mother - I couldn't think of one, so I went with Star - Pole Star, becaus ethey've kind of lost their way without her to guide them. Loved the chapter, and yes, it's sad. Loved the voice too.

Ooooh ... chapter 3!!! {tries to look like I'm patiently waiting}
    Thank you. At first I was leaning toward North because of it being a holiday gift but I didn't want to start in the winter time for some reason. Mainly because I wanted them to be able to get a garden going. Star is a great one!!! <3 Your explanation is spot on for this family. Thanks for reading mine!
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I am looking forward to seeing how things pan out for the Poles in both your games. It's so interesting to see several takes on the same family/home. Your Poles are off to a great start. Samela's Poles got me a little weepy eyed but I'm hopeful for both.

I think ciane will be done before either of us are, lol Speedy, creative builder and just the same with storytelling, too. BIG fan here! <3
    I agree. Neat to see different variations but a challenge for me as I don't want to be influenced by their story but have a hard time waiting to read them when they are hot off the press!
    @ADWilson Just a short note that I've also downloaded the Pearson Place & added it to my favorites. :smiley:

Why thank YOU! <3
    Hope you enjoy having it in your game.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Kesminlix - I was thinking I must have missed your post and went to the my pages to rec all your horse coat uploads. I think you might not have posted here yet as you are super busy with real life. But, like others have said, those horse coats are gorgeous!
    ciane wrote: »
    @Kesminlix - I was thinking I must have missed your post and went to the my pages to rec all your horse coat uploads. I think you might not have posted here yet as you are super busy with real life. But, like others have said, those horse coats are gorgeous!

I did the same as you. Went back to my last stopping point to be sure I hadn't accidentally missed seeing the gifting post.
    Hopefully, there will be a presentation or some sort of message soon.
    Hello, everyone!
    The day is winding down as is this event. {sniff sniff}

Am wondering if @60smusicluvr and @Kesminlix are done with gifting or nearly done.
    I didn't see anything mentioning "this is the final gift" so I thought I had better ask while it was on my mind.

All:
    Feel free to continue visiting and admiring these absolutely gorgeous gifts! The tables are groaning from the mountain of presents this time.
    edited December 2019
    @ciane California house is gorgeous and very well done. I like how you kept the modern style when adding greenery to the home, like the wheatgrass over the fireplace, and the plants under the coffee table and the well organized planters outdoors. I like the contrast of the stark modern style and furnishings with homey touches like the kitchen clutter, children's backpack shelf and the baker's oven in the outdoor dining area. It's a modern home that still feels lived in.

I thought the way you did the shelves over the wetbar was really clever and adds a lot of interest without too much clutter.

You've been so busy!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Ciane : Yet another beautiful house by you! You're right - those cascading roofs are a really neat idea. I love how you duplicated it in the home you built. That house would look really good in Lunar Lakes or Lucky Palms. All those windows! I love how you always put in lots of windows for air and light. To me it makes a house feel more open and spacious. I haven't yet looked at in in game, but I will!

@Kesminlix : *giggle* Looks like everyone jumped the gun! Just looking at the other posts, those horses look beautiful! I think I'll wait until you post about them to download them, though. That only seems right!
    edited December 2019
    I had some more story play of @Hidehi's Pole family the other day before @60smusicluvr gave me Anastasia to play with. I haven't been in my game since then as I was trying to track down the launcher problem. Any way, I thought I'd post the pics and share more of their story with you:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/home-tin-home/growing-up

When I get more stories done, I may return to post a link in here. For now, Christmas parties, shopping, and dinners are interfering with my simming.

As always, I love all the great comments on all the lovely gifts. Thank you so much for sharing this adventure. And, thank you so much to our lovely hostess and custard checker and lurkers and rec'ers and commenters.
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @Jessabeans
    I'm glad that you enjoy your gifts! I am not that great at making sims (or horses) but I wanted to give you some better coat options than what EA thinks horses look like :D

But to make things "official" here's the links to GIFT #2:
    Bay coat
    Black coat
    Chestnut coat
    Dark Bay Appaloosa (soooo much better than EA's appaloosa coat!)
    and finally,
    Dark Bay coat (it's the same as the Appaloosa coat but minus the markings)

But wait, there's more!!
    Your third and FINAL GIFT has finally arrived!
    ifAnezt.jpg
    Now your sims can spend the holidays in their very own holiday cabin!

I'm not going to spoil a lot as there is much to explore... and I may have gone a smidge overboard on the red and green theme. But oh well! I hope it was worth the wait! Enjoy!

Previews:

uhFH8HL.jpg
    5RvToUV.jpg
    wR0BoVu.jpg
    Oh @Kesminlix, I just love it! The children's room is so delightful decorated. It was thoughtful to have a mud room and easy access to the laundry. I often play writer sims so having the office off of the master will be very convenient. The downstairs murphy bed for guests in the office gives options. I love the outdoor areas, the little pond with the stacked stone wall, the firepit, the hanging lights over the hottub. I don't think you've overdone the decor at all. The kitchen is so welcoming, and you've including the baking oven.
    c3686ca9850fd5cebc4a3dc49c09142125c20da1.jpg
    646bad17e782f9dfd6c230c328a8040961783ce7.jpg
    237763c8c22995e76c0f516bbcb7644e43a5637b.jpg
    e302d91af0bfe9e062ca5e24006ee4c364e2c745.jpg
    8b428efc4ce15aca7ae209060af8ca223bf84db2.jpg

I wanted to take a peek at it tonight, but I am looking forward to my sim's family spending snowflake day there soon.

Thank you for all the wonderful gifts, like the Christmas Tree farm, the cabin will be a holiday staple for me. I loved the horse coats too, and yes the appaloosa coat is so much better than EA's.
    @Jessabeans You're welcome! I am glad that you enjoy all of your gifts! :heart:

04ca21688b87e1e573402be875d17f5c.gif
    That is awesome @Kesminlix! Like @Jessabeans, I don't think you went over the top on your decorating. In my opinion, it's perfect! I love the coloring, the wood, the layout, the wrap-round porch, the tall windows, and that lovely covered area for the hot tub. It's a very pretty log cabin that fits the holiday so well!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Mystik1978

I know that you dropped out, but you still have a gift now that it's finished.

For the full backstory .... Read it Here :)

Excerpt 1:
    This gift is for Simmer Mystic,
    Mystic you commented in your letter that you like your sims to have a certain amount of skills. It got me thinking in an opposite direction, like why a sim might reach a certain age with limited skills. I hope you enjoy this take away from the ideas your letter spawned, and hope you don't mind that the house meandered away from the small log cabin it was supposed to be.
    ~ Mmdrgntobldrgn

curbview_orig.jpg
    Excerpt 2:
    ... Brigh dashed back and rescued Tyrone from the cauldron, but the experimental brew she'd been working on had already affected him.

Not only had Tyrone's skin and hair been altered, but all of his witches magic had vanished.

Brigh swore she would find a way to cure him. Unfortunately she'd forgotten to write down what was in the cauldron, so they didn't know what had mixed with the sweets and pebbles he always had in his pocket.

Tyrone was devastated by the loss of his grandma. As the winter months stretched before him he ran on auto pilot; go to school, water the plants not the floor, pay the bills.

As he paid the last of the money that had been in the box in Brigh's study he wondered what was going to become of him. Would he make it on his own? Or would he be sent off to an orphanage somewhere?

You will find the house and it's sole inhabitant here in my studio.
    exhausted.jpg
    Please note, I've never used the replacement fireplace exterior pieces before so apologies if they don't work right. The lot is 30x30, Important - the apothecary station creates spawners so if you rotate the lot use tce & buydebug to clean up the extra spawners.

For anyone who would like to take Brigh and the rest of the family on a different adventure you can find a fresh from cas unskilled/no goodies version here.

Ps, @ADWilson I am now 100% done with everything I had planned and started for this exchange.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @Kesminlix : Evergreen Holiday Cabin has been checked and is CC free. :innocent:

Oh my goodness, that is such an adorable Christmas cabin! Yet another to add to my staple of Christmas homes. <3 I don't think it's over the top at all. It's just beautiful, and will fit in very nicely in any of Rflong's Christmas worlds. :)

I love the horse patterns, too, especially the Dark Bay Appaloosa. I had no idea you could upload something like that! I can't really check those for CC; that type of thing doesn't work that way, since it's essentially... CAP, I think? There's nothing wrong with that, however; anyone using this is still only using EA resources. :)
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn : Howell house is checked and CC free. :innocent:

Oh! I had thought everyone was done, but of course I'm not the one keeping track. This is a wonderful looking house, at least what I can see on the outside. Very fantasy, which of course I love. I love how each room has a separate roof, like a little beehive. This will be a great home to add to some of my more fantasy games!
    @MiaSkywalker I think they count as a haircolor? It says coatset in custard. There were no tagalongs when I installed them, so I don't think they are the same as patterns.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn : Howell house is checked and CC free. :innocent:

Oh! I had thought everyone was done, but of course I'm not the one keeping track. This is a wonderful looking house, at least what I can see on the outside. Very fantasy, which of course I love. I love how each room has a separate roof, like a little beehive. This will be a great home to add to some of my more fantasy games!
    Thank you

As to done, I am now. o:)
    I gave Addy the heads up this morning?yesterday.

This was on the back burner while I took care of the official list first. ;)
    Just glad to sneak in the time to finish it, although it's not as casTed as wanted but time limits can't be altered. B)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @MiaSkywalker

I didn't even think about how the coats would show up in Custard (since I don't use that program) 🤪

But they were only created with EA's resources in a completely CC free game. So I would say they're CC free.🤷
    @Kesminlix
    Lovely horse coat sets. I ran them through custard and didn't notice anything unusual. Jessabeans installed them and indicated that nothing came through ... I think they're fine and will mark them accordingly on the front page.

The holiday cabin is really nice! Lovely setting for this spacious cabin filled with fun colors. I think they're the right amount of red and green. Wraparound porch and a covered hot tub, what's not to like?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top