Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About Starting My First Video

I want to start a Simming channel but one of the blocks I have in doing so is actually beginning it. How did you introduce yourself to the world? Should I do some long drawn out awkward introduction about who I am and why I'm there or should I just start posting them as if I've always been making videos?

I'm leaning toward the latter because the first sounds super unappealing but the second also seems impersonal.

Thanks!
My speculations on hints for future content:
-Cars Update
-Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
-Hotel Pack
-Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
-Bands Pack
-Royalty Pack
-Fashion Design Pack
-Fairies Pack
-Werewolf Pack
-France-inspired World

Comments

• Options
    SimsBeeeSimsBeee Posts: 30 Member
    Honestly, It's be easier and simple to get straight to it! Just post the first video, the video that you would usually post without being the first one. Have you decided what type of videos will you be creating? CAS? Build? Machinimas? Stories? Or just let's play videos? If you're going to post each of the types, make playlists for each category, keep your channel organised. I'd say speaking in the videos help a lot, but not speaking too much nonsense like I would while being nervous.. JK, I'm too complexed about my accent, still need to gather my courage for that haha! Best of luck to you! Also, link your channel on the forums here and to me as well, it's hard to get started and find the right audience, i guess the forums are the best place to help you now :) Happy simming!
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    SimsBeee wrote: »
    Honestly, It's be easier and simple to get straight to it! Just post the first video, the video that you would usually post without being the first one. Have you decided what type of videos will you be creating? CAS? Build? Machinimas? Stories? Or just let's play videos? If you're going to post each of the types, make playlists for each category, keep your channel organised. I'd say speaking in the videos help a lot, but not speaking too much nonsense like I would while being nervous.. JK, I'm too complexed about my accent, still need to gather my courage for that haha! Best of luck to you! Also, link your channel on the forums here and to me as well, it's hard to get started and find the right audience, i guess the forums are the best place to help you now :) Happy simming!

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely post it once I get my first video up. Its probably gonna be a variety of things so I'll definitely have a playlist. Itll be some let's plays and some mod and cc reviews, I have a mod tutorial I wanna do too for just a basic thing I know how to do, maybe some chatting about the sims and ideas and things we're excited about, stuff like that lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    SimsBeeeSimsBeee Posts: 30 Member
    Best of luck! o:)
  • Options
    ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    Hi
    I know what you mean I just started my channel less than 2 weeks ago, and I didnt know what to do. I dunno if my advice is worth anything since no one watches my channel (lol) ...yet. But I didnt really introduce myself, I was going to but than I thought it may cause people to click off the video if I take too long to jump into gameplay. I just figure they'll learn more about me through tid-bits in each of my videos. (anyway I have a feeling I talk too much in my videos already??). I think I basically said hi, and then started talking about the game.
    Good luck on your channel and try no to be too nervous. I look forward to checking it out!
    VbXPSzu.png
  • Options
    ProxibleProxible Posts: 9 New Member
    I also just started my channel a week ago and just started with "what's up guys my name is (username) and this is my very first let's play on YouTube" and I haven't mentioned it ever since. But tbh I don't think I have had any views besides the few times I have looked at my own videos anyway :P I first wanted to tell I wanted to do let's plays for a long time and decided now was a good time because I got a new computer but I just let it be.
  • Options
    FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    Best of luck to you! I know you'll do well if you keep at it!
  • Options
    simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    I would say you don't need to really introduce yourself formally or anything. I made my channel like 12 years ago and I just started posting my videos then and would share them to different sims fan sites. You can do what ever you want, though. It's your channel! Feel free to start off however you want! :)