Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some underrated features of your favorite packs?

Similar to a "Did you know" thread but more of a hey let's be positive about the Sims 4 while also showcasing some lesser known game play features or neat things that Simmers might not know about or missed or even forgotten about. 😋

Comments

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I learned from other simmers on this forum that ear buds from fitness stuff are a GREAT way to keep fun up while your sim is doing other things! Should have been using them all this time! :D

Yes! Exactly and it's also a pretty good representation of the multi tasking that the Sims 4 touted as an improved feature for this generation of Sims games.
    Yes Movie Hangout Stuff has lots of neat things like that! It adds a little depth to Sims and it's much appreciated. I like that can choose to watch movies with groups of people. The selection of movies is pretty good too.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Seconding the earbuds. They are especially useful in university I've found. Listen to them whilst studying and on the way to/from class on the long journey. You can cram in lots of studying and do basically nothing fun aside from listening to them if you want to, it's great. I'm wondering if you could get away with doing the same in GTW careers. Making non-fun things fun by using them.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I brought a whole lot of packs at once so I don't always know what world or feature came with what pack. But I believe get together added the various "go here together" and forming groups options. A lot of people talk about clubs but this is rarely mentioned. It's a feature I use every sim day.
    I form a group with the chosen sims and can easily have them do things together. <3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    Not sure if this is underrated, but the ice cream from cool kitchen stuff is awesome! I love the weight loss and weight gain ice creams. So handy! :D
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I brought a whole lot of packs at once so I don't always know what world or feature came with what pack. But I believe get together added the various "go here together" and forming groups options. A lot of people talk about clubs but this is rarely mentioned. It's a feature I use every sim day.
    I form a group with the chosen sims and can easily have them do things together. <3

I believe it originally came with GT and was added in a base game update shortly after . It's awesome it helps make interactions work better together that might not normally like watching tv or going dancing etc.
    Not sure if this is underrated, but the ice cream from cool kitchen stuff is awesome! I love the weight loss and weight gain ice creams. So handy! :D

I have never used the ice cream yet. I really should get around to doing that hahaha same with popcorn
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I really like the portable furniture that came with outdoor retreat, very useful in the jungle or in sylvan glade, especially in combination with laptops that can only be used on tables. And I also like the cooler boxes from outdoor retreat and toddler stuff to have access to snacks in those remote locations.
    I learned from other simmers on this forum that ear buds from fitness stuff are a GREAT way to keep fun up while your sim is doing other things! Should have been using them all this time! :D

I don't have fitness stuff but this sounds very interesting. If I should ever get that pack it will be for the earbuds and not the for the climbing wall. For now I am happy that my sims can bring along the portable kaboom radio to listen to while they are painting outside. Although I have a feeling they paint slower while multitasking to listen to the radio.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    The buffet table form luxury SP. Use it at all my weddings and some of my parties, so convenient.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

I've been using them a lot more frequently because of this.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    Clones from GTW are awesome! They have special interactions with the sim they're cloned from, and there's even a chance of them turning out evil with amazing red eyes!
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    The fooseball table from Get Together is a great way to get four sims to know each other quickly while also having their fun and social bars filled. There's even a hidden skill with it so that sims who have played more are more likely to win. Also, kids raise their moter skill when they use it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

Yes!! I downloaded someone’s ice cream lot, and made it a restaurant. Sometimes my townies gain weight and because I don’t play them it is hard to get them to exercise unless I have them in an exercise club. But, with my ice cream shop ( restaurant ) I can invite a townie there and have them eat the weight loss ice cream.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    The buffet table form luxury SP. Use it at all my weddings and some of my parties, so convenient.

I use the buffet table a lot too. All my wedding venues have them, and many of my night clubs, lounges, and bars have them too.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like a lot of stuff in the different packs. The first thought in my head was about bowling. I enjoy sending my sims to it and think that it is underrated. I also like some of the Maxis pre-made lots that came with Dine Out, Bowling and Spa Day, etc. I put quite a few in my game. It is one of the reasons that I'm running out of lot space. I guess I really like when packs add things to do in community venues and at home.

I also have my sims watch a lot of movies and some of them play with the backyard items. With the changing seasons, I think more about when I will use what item. I like that roller rinks and ice rinks pop up with seasonal stalls.

If anything, I should build with my own stuff more because several of the lots that I built are among my favorites as well. I do think the last few packs have had emptier lots but I realized that it is so that the player can add stuff from other packs, customizing the space. Scandalously, I might do that with Glimmerbrook in my main save.

Anyway, there are a lot of underrated aspects, I think, so I like this thread. In the case of knitting, I did not vote that concept to the top other than voting for art, but I think I like the direction that it is going in. I like details that sometimes might get overlooked. Though it wasn't the biggest deal to me to be added to the game, I'm also enjoying DU.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Using the bird feeder for bird watching from backyard stuff (I think it’s backyard) especially for my outdoor/nature sims I send them bird watching quite a lot and it’s very handy for granite falls as it adds to the whole outdoor nature hiking holiday for them. It’s one of my favourite items in the game.
    edited December 2019
    The entire parenting system from the Parenthood. Your adult sims gain specific traits and interactions based on how they were raised...

Parenthood was a must buy for me when it was first announced on console and it's by far one of my favorite packs. Game changing for me.
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
    netney52 wrote: »
    Using the bird feeder for bird watching from backyard stuff (I think it’s backyard) especially for my outdoor/nature sims I send them bird watching quite a lot and it’s very handy for granite falls as it adds to the whole outdoor nature hiking holiday for them. It’s one of my favourite items in the game.

Lately I've been using the bird feeder and chimes from Backyard Stuff I had completely forgotten about them hahaha. The chimes add a nice ambience and also a nice moodlet too. You can customize their tone too which is cool.
  • FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    I like having vampires; give them the weakness of Day Phobia and give them the 'never tense' aspiration award makes life easier for them and me
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

Lately I've been using the bird feeder and chimes from Backyard Stuff I had completely forgotten about them hahaha. The chimes add a nice ambience and also a nice moodlet too. You can customize their tone too which is cool.

I also use the wind chimes too in a lot of my builds especially in sulani. I love a lot of the backyard stuff and gameplay that come with the pack. Personally I think it’s an underrated stuff pack
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2019
    The bicycles in Discover University build fun really quickly. One cool thing I learned about bicycles is that, when your Sim is working at the lab and needs to collect objects from the surrounding land, using the bicycle greatly reduces the amount of time it takes. So your Sim has more time to improve their work performance and get those promotions!

One of my favorite objects is the controversial talking toilet. It can do so many things for your Sims! For example, if they are short on time, they can use the toilet and improve their hygiene at the same time. If they are lonely, they can talk to their toilet friend. :) The toilets even provide massages and improve focus!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    I also use the wind chimes too in a lot of my builds especially in sulani. I love a lot of the backyard stuff and gameplay that come with the pack. Personally I think it’s an underrated stuff pack

You are so right! Backyard Stuff is definitely an underrated pack! It's funny when I first saw it I was like yup the slip and slides those look so awesome! And I'm like the rest is cool. I have barely used the slip and slides at all and I've been using the bird feeders and chimes a lot more. The furniture and CAS are definitely great too.

Time for me to think about another pack hahaha.