Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @jessabeans : Thank you. I had actually planned on making a group build (a Christmas Victorian), but life happened, as I suspected it might, and I never had the chance to even enter the game. That's one of the reasons I decided not to enter these anymore. I have enough stuff going on health wise that it's better that I don't get involved, and then have to bow out at some point. I still get to see and play with all the lovely things that all of you build, so I'm good with that. :) And if I ever do want something specific, I know I can ask at DNA, but I haven't felt the need to do that yet.

I would have loved to see that, I wanted to do a victorian but those take me more time than I thought I would have. I guess there's still a bit of time before Christmas. I'm sorry your time was limited, that makes it all the more special that you chose to give up some of it to help out. I'm sorry about your health issues, I don't know any specifics but I know how unpredictable some can be which makes commitments impossible. You are right there is a pretty wide gamut of tastes and preferences among the buddies and somehow there always ends up being things you didn't realize you wanted. DNA requests are great, if you ever decide to go that way. I did it once and I will treasure it forever especially knowing how much work Romagi put into it.
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Oh my goodness! That story brought me to tears! (The tissue warning was indeed needed!) I bet you didn't know this but adoption is near and dear to my heart. My older half-sister was given up for adoption (my mom was a teenager and felt like she couldn't give my sister the quality of life that she deserved) but 20 years ago she found us! We've been close ever since! In fact, just this morning she was texting me, asking what I wanted for Christmas. :D

Thank you so much for all of my wonderful gifts! :kissing_heart: I will definitely put them all to good use!

@Jessabeans You have more gifts coming! They should be up tonight, if not VERY early tomorrow morning! So stay tuned! :wink:
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Oh my goodness! That story brought me to tears! (The tissue warning was indeed needed!) I bet you didn't know this but adoption is near and dear to my heart. My older half-sister was given up for adoption (my mom was a teenager and felt like she couldn't give my sister the quality of life that she deserved) but 20 years ago she found us! We've been close ever since! In fact, just this morning she was texting me, asking what I wanted for Christmas. :D

Thank you so much for all of my wonderful gifts! :kissing_heart: I will definitely put them all to good use!

@Jessabeans You have more gifts coming! They should be up tonight, if not VERY early tomorrow morning! So stay tuned! :wink:

@Kesminlix no I didn't know, I hope you enjoy the builds and have fun with the couple and playing them for your own spin on their sim time.
    I tried to leave you room for whatever your sim families need on the house.

Fyi, I popped the park into a different world and it seems the fall log pile doesn't always behave as well as it should. :( If it starts popping up outside of the fall just delete it off the lot, so that your sims can skate. :(
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @60smusicluvr Your glamorous Sim is amazing: I love Anastasia and her stylish 20's looks.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Yes, the log pile turned up on my skating rink as well! I decided it probably wasn't ment to be a design feature, so I just moved it...Love the park.
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    328548-Happy-Saturday-Good-Morning-Breakfast-Gif.gif

Can someone please tell me how to do the @name becase I'd like to be able to do so so I can start commenting as y'all do here. Thanks in advance. Have a nice Saturday & hope you enjoy.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @TEXASKITTYKAT Good Morning! Those look yummy!!
    To get someone's attention, you type the @ symbol followed by their name, no space. As you are typing their name, you should start seeing a drop down listing of names including the one you want. You can click on the name and it will fill it in for you or you can simply do the typing yourself. Both ways work. :)

You can press quote at the bottom of this comment to see how yours {points at being of my comment} looks.
    Hope this helps. <3
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson Thanks Addy!

I enjoyed the backstory regarding the Pearson Place. The home looked very warm & inviting.,,,nice colors, kitchen, bedrooms, outside & inside areas, etc. are wonderful. Really like the garden area & I know that my simmies will absolutely love living there. I also know that they will definitely be seeking out & investigating all the lil nooks & crannies. :smiley:
    I have rec'd all items up to this point, Stil have to finish commenting, downloading & checking out. :)
    @ADWilson Thanks Addy!

I enjoyed the backstory regarding the Pearson Place. The home looked very warm & inviting.,,,nice colors, kitchen, bedrooms, outside & inside areas, etc. are wonderful. Really like the garden area & I know that my simmies will absolutely love living there. I also know thaqt they will definitely be seeking out & investigating all the lil nooks & crannies. :smiley:

Thank you very much! :blush:
    Your kind words made me smile, really big.
    Have fun playing with this and the other game goodies you added to your pile. I can predict many hours of sheer enjoyment while you Sim On!
    @Hidehi
    You said you wouldn't mind seeing a story from me.
    So did @ciane (if I recall correctly) and @SamelaRita might also enjoy another variation.

Two Steps Forward, TIN Steps Back
    This leads to an introduction but also includes a link to Day 1 (long chapter! might need tissues)

Enjoy!
    ♥ Addy
    @suzses

Regarding the Chalet w/o photos/Chalet on Azure Lake, I love the spiral stairs, kids rooms, nice kitchen & writing nook, etc. I don't remember that particular fireplace but I like it a lot.

Your Stargazer is terrific place for dining, music, dancing. It's simply awesome.

Roomies 2 - I can't wait to see ho Stan & Lenny wind up with in my games.

Roomies 1 - Very interesting names: Bindi, Indrina & ChangChang. Each have varying interests & they should make for an interesting game play.

Valdez - I'm looking forward to seeing Alejandro & Ariana in game. They're a nice looking family. Ariana just may get her lil kitten for Christmas. :wink:

Thanks for the Lupin Lane Townhouse Apartments. It's so nice to have some new apartments with a great place to hang out with friend & other tenants. :smiley:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh, lovely story, @ADWilson. I'm so glad you decided to write one. I'm enjoying it so much. What a great perspective. I love the helpful neighbor and the being able to see the good in things.
    ciane wrote: »
    Oh, lovely story, @ADWilson. I'm so glad you decided to write one. I'm enjoying it so much. What a great perspective. I love the helpful neighbor and the being able to see the good in things.

Thank you very much! :blush:
    It was fun to play (all day yesterday) and write (this morning) ... let's just say my muse was rather persistent after reading yours and SamelaRita's ... as soon as I placed the lot and family in Twinbrook, I knew exactly what voice I wanted. What fun!
    @60smusicluvr

The Blue Dolphin is simply wonderful. It's so warm & inviting - both inside & outside. I truly enjoy the views.

The Cream Brulee Strip is a great townhouse apartment for newleywed or single sim. It has an excellent community backyard, a nice modern interior with clean lines, etc.

Latoya McRae seems like she's going to be a real trip in game.

Rosalinda Sanders seems very intriguing to me.

Thank you for giving us Samuel Crowe. Yes...another hunky male sim with some skills along with some smarts.

Ooohhh Micro Modern is another one with very interesting details and texture mix.

Anastasia Escamilla appears to be a lady with some lovely traits & nice vintage clothing. I really like her animatronics too. She's sure to be a sensation in Roaring Heights. :smiley:
    @ciane

The Plumbob is cute & a nice futurisitic place for a tiny spot in town.

Story Falls is absolutely awesome. I definitely enjoy the water views along with the most pleasantly pleasing interior & exterior.

River Raven is very interesting. I love all the stairs, outdoor cooking area, etc.

Round House is interesting & definitely different.

I really like Ye Old Water Tower. I truly enjoy the idea of this along with the interior & exterior layout.

Cave Dwelling is perfect! I've had sims live below ground before but nothing compares to this unique concept. It kinda reminds me of the Flinstones meets modern sims. Congrats...wonderful concept & interpertation. :smiley:
    @Hidehi

Haven D'Amour is very good for a renovation. I enjoyed the backstory even tho somewhat sad to me. Awfully gald that ole lady Maddy Hatter was able to have her grandaughter, Honey Glaze, locate her. Along with Honey & Honey's boyfriend, Frank Enstein, the three of them will share new surroundings. I wonder if her grandaughter & her boyfriend will eventually marry. Does the boyfriend truly love Honey? Will Honey take care of her grandmother?

The Hollow seems like the perfect spot for Forest Grump. He kinda reminds me of Robin Williams for some reason.

I deeply like Home-Tin-home. It has a lot of potential. My condolences to the Pole family but I know they will survive & become happy in the future. Tear jearker backstory for me but what a very good one. :smiley:
    @Jessabeans

Chocolaterie is a very nice festive hangout.

Star Market grocery is nice to have as this is a fantastic grocery where our simmies can actually go inside & be viewed shopping. Plus, it can be placed in a small world.

Second Chance is very nicely done. It's always good to have more options for new businesses in tiny worlds.

Buckley's Pub is very cozy. It's a pleasure to see a pub so festive for the holidays. It's simply perfect for a date or meeting someone new.

Love Santa's Workshop. There's so much to do. I also really like the exterior...nicely done. Any kid would love it there. :smiley:
    @LMC6254 Hi Lourdes!

The Lonely Hearts Park is a great place for a romantic stroll, etc. It kinda reminds me of bringing Paris & New Orleans together. Actually more like the latter meets the sims. lol

I can see A Sweet Date Bakery filled with an abundance of kiddies more than adults but I really like the concept. I think it's a family thing & I want all my sims to enjoy it.

The Lonely Hearts Restaurant - I simply adore places that have the menus. It's a very nicely done & an awesome place for a date or for a family outing.

Henry's Hopeful Dwelling was inherited from his grandpa. Henry's a lucky man, Waterwheel? What a terrific idea.

Henry Grant - What can I say but another hunky male sim with skills to boot. :smiley:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sorry, I had major problems with my launcher this morning. I went in game and renamed the lot and shared it and copied in pics to the UIC and then… again I got the red /! So, I restarted my computer and tried with yet a new changed name lot. No go! I logged in to the site first and tried again. My launcher wouldn’t open or would close right away. I deleted the missingidx file from the dcCache folder. I ran ccleaner. I shut down and restarted and renamed the lot and redid the pictures. BUT I just couldn’t get the launcher to come up and stay up. It just closed itself. I surfed the net, but… no help. FINALLY, long story short(er), I went it and copied my export file from one sims 3 folder to another. THEN, magically, the launcher stayed open and the lot uploaded!!! Yay!

@Rflong7 – I know that Addy often opens up gifting a day early, so I knew that there was a good chance I’d be able to have one more day of gifting. That means instead of ending the gifting with your signature plumbob build, you get a bonus build. Lucky you, right?

There are many creative homes in the world that can be made playable in the sims, but would you really choose to play them? This last home inspired me because it has so much outdoor space. I also liked the different heights of the roof and the way the home gradually jutted out more and more again.
    california_house.jpg

The first name associated with an image of this home on the internet was California house, and I thought that fit it perfectly, so I kept that as its name. Sadly, this is the last day of gifting. For your last gift of the exchange from me, I present your final gift - Gift#7:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9352142

Oops, I left out a pic in the upload, here's the upstairs layout:
    screenshot-34-1-e1575733250359.jpg

I'll try going in game and renaming the lot again and sharing it once again with hopefully, all the pics.... I have given up on this idea for now. The launcher is being wonky. It doesn't fully load and has those red Xs over different spots. Luckily the gift exchange is over as far as me uploading goes. I'll have to create a new sims 3 folder and see if installing goes any better.

I really enjoyed building all these, and, while I never expected you to actually play with all of them, I do hope you’ve enjoyed exploring the endless possibilities with me.

For anyone interested, here’s where I placed the lots in my Riverview:
    rv.jpg
    Post edited by ciane on
    @Rflong7

Thanks so very much for Hidehi's Christmas Village. A simply awesome world for in which one can build. Along with rec, I also downloaded & added to my favorites.

Those adorable precious Little Polar Bears are awesome dogs. Cuddly? Ooohhh I sure hope so because I could simply squeeze them with bunches of panda hugs. Have dogs, will travel? Well...away I go. :smiley:

edited December 2019
    @Kesminlix

Your Kringle Christmas Tree Lot is simply divine. Great for sims of all ages who enjoy ice skating, roasting marshmellows/smores, building snowmen, etc. They can even warm up when taking a break from the cold. :smiley:

Dark Bay Blanket Appaloosa Coat is really different.

Really like the Chestnut Horse Coat, Dark Bay Horse Coat & the Black Horse Coat .

Bay Coat is very nicely done.
    @ciane Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

Sharing a picture of where you placed the lots is both insightful and thoughtful.
    What's sad to see is your final gift because this means the event is winding down. I always know you plan a gift-a-day or as close to it as possible and therefore, look forward to seeing what you come up with each time.

A California Home definitely has us California Dreamin' or maybe even thinking California Here I Come. There definitely won't be California Blues while Sims live here. Wood, efficient floor plan, some clutter but not too much and plenty of light airy space ... what's not to <3? Am sure Rflong7 will enjoy having it in game and so will we!
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

I can definitely understand why you fenced Juniper Park. Either way it's a very enjoyable place for all simmies. :smile:

Looking forward to exploring the Kesses Family Farm along with Lars & Olive Kertész. I really enjoyed reading their backstory and I am very interested in further exploration in game.
    @Puddinroy

Endod is a very interesting little house you've made with an alien flain within its walls.

Thagus Endod and Xads are definitely unique. Huummm..a mystic witch with a passion for dogs. I like that very much!

Spaceship, Spaceship - Arcades are fun & this one has very eyecatching wallpaper. :wink:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ciane You are so Awesome! Not only did you make me creative builds but you gave me one for each day. You went above and beyond the Gifts expected. Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
    I saved the picture for placing the houses~ So thoughtful of you to give us. :mrgreen:
    I'll be going in game later, I hope you will forgive me for not posting pictures of the Splendiferous Plumbob you created yet. No excuses, I will post them later today to show my appreciation. :heart::cookie:

Thank you so much~ @TEXASKITTYKAT ! :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top