Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you love and hate about the sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    edited November 2019
    I like:

Build mode and how easy it is to build.

CAS.

The holidays, Seasons is one of my favourite packs.

That we have some really cute interactions like 'hug lovingly'. And that friends/family will greet each other with hugs.

You can just walk out from your house around this little neighbourhood part. Not completely open world but not entirely shut off either.

I loved the improved realistic lighting, seeing the sunlight through the window reflected on the floor, I'll never get bored of it.

The overall graphics are great. I have SweetFX installed but the game is still pretty as is.

The game runs pretty well. I haven't experienced much crashes or issues and the loading screens aren't too long.

Newcrest. I know quite a few people said they didn't use it and kept it empty but I love it and filled mine up.

I dislike:

The celebrity fame quirks where sim gets addicted to their phone or to nectar or they get a bad moodlet. So annoying and irritating.

The the game ignores a lot of family relationships such as Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, In-laws. My sim can flirt with her uncle even though he's literally her dad's brother.

Toddlers can't join clubs.

That sims seem to always zone off into space in the middle of doing things making it take forever. Like cooking or writing books.

Babies being dollies that you spend 2 sim minutes on a day until they age up.

Not enough traits, still not enough personality.

All the expansions feel emptier compared to previous iterations. I have enjoyed Seasons, Get Together and Get Famous but still have a sense that things are missing. I remember getting a new expansion in Sims 2 and feeling like so much stuff was added.

Probably my biggest gripe: the worlds are too small. Del Sol is tiny! Magnolia Promenade is 4 lots.

Outdoor Retreat is such a boring game pack, I never use it. Spa Day was way better and I feel it added more to gameplay.

Sims forcing themselves to be friendly all the time. If I make my sims have an argument until they have a bad moodlet, they'll still joke and laugh and act friendly.

I truly hate how your sims can't work at their own restaurant! They can just go there and have a few interactions while their employees do everything. Why can't my sim be the chef? Or the host? Have it family run?
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    I like:

Build mode and how easy it is to build.

CAS.

The holidays, Seasons is one of my favourite packs.

That we have some really cute interactions like 'hug lovingly'. And that friends/family will greet each other with hugs.

You can just walk out from your house around this little neighbourhood part. Not completely open world but not entirely shut off either.

I loved the improved realistic lighting, seeing the sunlight through the window reflected on the floor, I'll never get bored of it.

The overall graphics are great. I have SweetFX installed but the game is still pretty as is.

The game runs pretty well. I haven't experienced much crashes or issues and the loading screens aren't too long.

Newcrest. I know quite a few people said they didn't use it and kept it empty but I love it and filled mine up.

I dislike:

The celebrity fame quirks where sim gets addicted to their phone or to nectar or they get a bad moodlet. So annoying and irritating.

The the game ignores a lot of family relationships such as Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, In-laws. My sim can flirt with her uncle even though he's literally her dad's brother.

Toddlers can't join clubs.

That sims seem to always zone off into space in the middle of doing things making it take forever. Like cooking or writing books.

Babies being dollies that you spend 2 sim minutes on a day until they age up.

Not enough traits, still not enough personality.

All the expansions feel emptier compared to previous iterations. I have enjoyed Seasons, Get Together and Get Famous but still have a sense that things are missing. I remember getting a new expansion in Sims 2 and feeling like so much stuff was added.

Probably my biggest gripe: the worlds are too small. Del Sol is tiny! Magnolia Promenade is 4 lots.

Outdoor Retreat is such a boring game pack, I never use it. Spa Day was way better and I feel it added more to gameplay.

Sims forcing themselves to be friendly all the time. If I make my sims have an argument until they have a bad moodlet, they'll still joke and laugh and act friendly.

I truly hate how your sims can't work at their own restaurant! They can just go there and have a few interactions while their employees do everything. Why can't my sim be the chef? Or the host? Have it family run?

From the sounds of this - Sims are much like real people. The very things I dislike about real people and somethings in real life is on this list for Sims 4 Sims. LOL. Like Health Department can keep you from getting licensed in your own restaurant in some states because you do not have someone with a Culinary arts degree as your kitchen Manager. So yes depending on where you you can be prevented from running your own eatery if you do not meet certain laws - even if a restaurant just like that had been ran by your family 50 years ago - they can stop you now. So Sims is much like real life seeing we used to be able to do things we can't do now.

Of course in real life it is laws that change - in Sims well it's how it's made perhaps - but either way the results is the same. Used to be every kid could sell lemon ade in their front yard. Now a days they can get fined for doing such a thing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Just give me an updated version of sims3 and I'd be happy.

This, but with more gameplay of Sims 2 and other goal-oriented life simulators. :smiley:

That will be TS5 with added new features! :)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't currently have a set opinion on Paralives. I like the gaming category so obviously I'm interested, but how much so? I don't know.

Of the demos I've seen, I think the lighting is a little bright but yes, it looks beautiful and rather impressionistic such as the nature.

I do build and definitely could build more though I'm more of a player who draws from different interest areas. I don't have an opinion about gameplay that I haven't seen. From what I have read, the initial pack will release and then the developer will mostly turn it over to modders with only minimal expansions.

I mean, I don't play with mods now and I also probably have different interests than some other players. There are story mods out there that others like that just do not appeal to me. I think I'll probably enjoy the base and appreciate the effort but I don't think it's an either/or situation for me.

Some of the things that others are missing are not things that I do. I can appreciate frustration with how sims are unreactive at times but I've also liked being able to figure out where things were going in any given situation. Other players see blanks and I fill in the blanks, I'm not saying that I'm better or anything but that some things that bother others do not bother me as much. I might even like some things that others don't, for example, I don't mind most of my sims being happy.

If I make an evil sim? He or she is going to be evil, I'll play them out as evil. That said, yes, I am all for making individual sims more distinct and yet more interactive together.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything. I think the game needs more to do, more gameplay, and has definite areas of improvement but generally, I've been having fun.

I'm actually starting to think that "TS5" might need to involve almost separate games because what players want can be so different. I don't know that I'll be going onto it because I don't fully fit in one of the several major camps. I like all the nice clothing for female YAs, for example. Some people basically want a game that I don't want to play.

I think if we can improve personalities, add more randomness, make things harder at times or the option to be harder, tone down the silliness (I really want that), make sims more aware of major events and make the impact of their traits stronger ... then add new cool different types of gameplay, it'll be great.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I love how the sims look. I love the art style. My love ends there.

I sometimes think about making a new sim for a new story. And then I think about building their house. And that's where the game ends for me. Live mode is abysmal.

Therefore, I don't have the desire to create a sim, or build their home. I've lost all desire to open the game.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I love how the sims look. I love the art style. My love ends there.

I sometimes think about making a new sim for a new story. And then I think about building their house. And that's where the game ends for me. Live mode is abysmal.

Therefore, I don't have the desire to create a sim, or build their home. I've lost all desire to open the game.

This is how I see TS4 too. I don't care much about how the sims look or the artstyle. All I really look for is strong gameplay - everything else to me is just support. That's why I don't like TS4 at all.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    CAS, Build Modes, Traits, Skills, Careers, Gallery & big Worlds.

Dislikes:
    Random outfits, Ransom Occults, Hairless Men, Occult eyes not working & bugs in the game.
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    Been playing since 2000. I hate that with the release of the Legacy Edition, it will be the third time I’ve felt abandoned by the franchise as a Mac player:

TS2 = didn’t get Free Time, apartments, etc.
    TS3 = never worked right on my (new) Mac - crashes, etc (kills me to think about all the $$$ I spent on TS3)
    TS4 = support for non-metal dropped

Please don’t suggest I get a PC. I have one, I’d rather use a Mac.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Been playing since 2000. I hate that with the release of the Legacy Edition, it will be the third time I’ve felt abandoned by the franchise as a Mac player:

TS3 = never worked right on my (new) Mac - crashes, etc (kills me to think about all the $$$ I spent on TS3)

In EA's defense, the drop in support for non-metal Macs is really an Apple move.

I've played The Sims on both PC and Mac, and it's just always been better on Windows, unfortunately. Even if you bootcamp (run Windows on Mac), you are still going to get better performance.
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member

In EA's defense, the drop in support for non-metal Macs is really an Apple move.

I've played The Sims on both PC and Mac, and it's just always been better on Windows, unfortunately. Even if you bootcamp (run Windows on Mac), you are still going to get better performance.

True, and I had bootcamped it previously for TS3, went back to OSX when TS4 came out. Wait. If I boot camp my non-metal again, I can play University on my Mac?
  • KingVeauxKingVeaux Posts: 3 New Member
    Dear EA can you please have and update that let us have the option to minimize or turn off the conversation box when the two Sims interact with each other its hard to see there face Please do this it would mean a lot to me and others who feel the same
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

True, and I had bootcamped it previously for TS3, went back to OSX when TS4 came out. Wait. If I boot camp my non-metal again, I can play University on my Mac?

Yup, I believe it'll work just fine. And you would also have the better performance as well.
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    Where is the entertainment career
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited December 2019
    I like:
    -The sculpting allowing for a lot of customization in CAS
    -The gender-identity/expression options (also the official pride items)
    -Brindleton Bay (so happy to see a New England inspired world, they're so rare, even from CC creators)
    -Seasons specific: The detail put into plants and the terrain changing for the seasons. It makes a HUGE difference versus TS2/TS3.
    -Another Seasons specific: Having customizable holidays is fantastic.
    -Not continuing on the idea of The Sims 3 Store, which was (and still is) way too expensive, with important content locked behind it.

I dislike:
    -The lack of open world and the fact that not even the smaller sectors of the worlds are even truly open
    -The creativity and control taken away from us with worlds - limited number of lots, only in set places (a backslide all of the way to The Sims 1)
    -The graphics are really subpar. Like mid-00s in terms of models and even worse in terms of textures. And the clay hair is just so bad.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2019
    Though there is more that I love than hate,My list is long. So I'll just name a few quick ones.
    I love the art syle. I'm extremely pleased with the sim looks I can get. With cc I can even get them to look more realistic or cartoony or just somewhere in between. I have a blast just making characters from my story book. And they always look spot on how I imagined them. And we can easily get looks from different races.

I hate the annoying autonomy spam. Like kids making messes over and over, teens lining up to ask advice one after the other (literally😑) enemies making friends etc.

I love love the custom gender options. It was one of those things I didn't know I needed until I had it. Now i can't do without it. Not even so much for the LGBT aspect of it but more so because it just opens up so many more options for customization. And I've made some pretty awesome sims from it.

I hate that I can't live in destination worlds. Every few days I go hunting for a mod that allows it. The one from zerbu never worked right. And those worlds are so amazing. Glimmerbrook in my opinion was a biiiiig downgrade from granite falls even though it's a forest too.

I love the way occults are being done this time. In the way that you can have them look normal if you want, or use their other form. Your not stuck looking like a creepy monster or something unless you want to. Still praying for zombies and werewolves 🙏🙏

I hate the lack of reactions sims have, the lack of togetherness (I'm looking at you boat ride) and that you can't even do things like comfort sick sims or sad sims or hold them lovingly, all kinda of sweet gestures I would LOVE for them to do. And I know it can be done. We have a few things. But I'm a very loving affectionate person who loves togetherness and well... love! So it warms my heart when sims are like this.

I love thunderstorm!!!! Omg they are amazing. The lightening flashes, the sounds, everything. I always wished it would rain more though. As in more rain coming from the sky at one time. I always have sims get cozy by the fireplace next to a giant window during thunderstorms.

I love.... oh gosh this is getting long🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    The sims 4 has been out for 5 years now, and a lot has changed. So what do you love and hate about the sims4?

Here is what I love.
    • Can travel to any world you want without living there.
    • Create a sim CAS (lots of clothes, hair, easy to change appearance, etc)
    • Can edit community lots while visiting usually without disrupting game play
    • The look of the sims
    • The look of the worlds (very vibrant and pretty)
    • Clubs and the ability to use them to make lively community lots (Get together).
    • Creating and celebrating holidays (Seasons)
    • Kids can use most of the interactive objects again like in the sims 2 (e.g. piano, violin, darts, foosball, etc).
    • Everything about the parenthood gamepack. That was a masterful gamepack that was easily worth the $20
    • The gallery and the ease of downloading and using custom lots or sims created by other simmers.
    • The addition of the gamepack which adds a good chunk of stuff for $20

Here is what I hate
    • The bloat of the friendly social menu, with many interactions that are the exact same animation with just different text (ask about day, ask about school, etc).
    • The lack of traits, and the impact traits have on gameplay. (They don't seem to do much)
    • The fact that sims are constantly happy and switch emotions on a dime (thank goodness for roburky meaningful stories mod.)
    • Loading screens to visit neighbors, neighboring apartments, or basically anything that is not in the communal area. (Even a semi-open world would have been nice).
    • Expansions packs area less fleshed out and not as worth it as in previous sims games.
    • Sims constantly switch seats or get up from them when talking (thanks again to mods such as restaurantsittweak by Bienchens)
    • The game is WAY to easy, and there is little to no random chaos in the game (unless you set it up with clubs and stuff). (I remember when fires were dangerous in the sims 2, but now sims can even extinguish themselves).
    • The idle chat that sims do when talking (KILL IT WITH FIRE! and MODS).
    • Sims basically accept almost all interactions under friendly and funny no matter what mood they are in or what the relationship level of the two sims are. I remember being rejected many times in the sims 2 when trying to tickle others or give hugs to early.

Overall the sims 4 has become much better than it use to, and some of the problems can be fixed or alleviated with mods. So what do you love and hate about the sims 4?

In general ts4 is okay. I don't play very often because I simply cannot get used to the controls being all over the board. I have played the original sims, ts2, ts3 and now this. All the other PC sims game had the controls on the bottom. In this one, well, you know. I hope if they make a new sims game they put everything back where it belongs.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Staralien7Staralien7 Posts: 34 Member
    I love the building most of all. I think they did a good job with the build tools and they keep improving it and we get more options for windows and doors and other stuff with each new pack, etc. I wish we had more/better wall paper options. I just wish I could figure out how to upload a lot to the gallery with snow on the ground. I see others doing it and I haven't figured out how to do it myself. :( I love CAS for making Sims and that you can make them all look different. The personality system on the other hand really is lacking and Sims all seem to behave the same for the most part. I love a lot of the game play, but sadly, I have to use MODS to have it deeper and more meaningful. This game still has so much potential so I hope they keep building on it for a long time. I personally am not ready for TS5.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I'm so glad they made staircases foldable and build mode easy. I got no talent there. So premade rooms and easy to understand tools are a life saver.

My biggest gripe about sims 4 however is the uneditable neighborhoods, which means i cant place a teleporter to teleport my sims to a specifically beautiful and scenic position to have my sims take grand photos and make stories. So if I want to do a story about them sitting at the beautiful harbour right under that lovely bridge at San Myshuno, enjoying a smooth ride on those nice roads. NOPE! gotta make my own fake road and pavement and have my sims stand awkwardly at the harbour.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    edited December 2019
    My list of hates out weigh my likes but here goes:

I like:
    Sims can multitask, like sit on the couch, eat, and watch TV.

Toddlers are just cute

CAS is more detailed with the sliders

Object placement

Short loading screens

I hate:
    Sims don't know how to take care of babies, like if they cry from a dirty diaper, they do any other interaction but "change dirty diaper". Same thing when babies are hungry.

Sims don't attend to needs very well, like going to bed with a full bladder. They took better care of themselves in TS2.

Almost every Sim is afraid of storms and all the toddlers do is cry during a storm. I would always turn off the rain and storms because it drives me crazy to have EVERY Sim afraid of storms but since the last update, I can't turn off the rain anymore (well the option is there but it won't do anything)

If one thing is dirty or broken Sims have a tantrum instead of actually picking up after themselves or just cleaning the thing they are complaining about. Again, TS2 was better at this.

Visitors never interact with home lot Sims when they come to visit. They play chess or watch TV for 3 hours then just leave without ever speaking to the Sims they came to visit.

Sims spend days (like 7) mourning another Sim which makes them "sad" for 4 hours each time they "mourn" and it continues for days.

Objects break all the time it seems.

You can't keep Sims focused on one task.

Sims will always hug the one Sim that is trying to eat, cook or run on the treadmill.

Sims that get "drinks" from the fridge will stand in front of the fridge and block it.

Unless they are neat Sims, they will always put dishes and glasses down just about anywhere instead of taking them to the sink or dishwasher. Then gripe because they are dirty.

Toddlers always want to wake up sleeping Sims no matter what mood they are in.

• w_w_waiyiiiiii9813w_w_waiyiiiiii9813 Posts: 9 New Member
    Love: Build mode is so cool, interactions are fun
    Hate: There are so few sliding doors and too limited style of building (wanna build a Japanese house) also two sims cannot go on bed together when one side is blocked (wish they can be smarter)