Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And Paralives has a Color Wheel...Why can't TS4?

1235...Next

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Go advertise Paralives on their own forums - if they have them. Not here.
    Sharonia wrote: »

Agreed actually. These forums are for discussing TS4. If I wanted to discuss paralives I'd go somewhere else and do it.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT PARALIVES!!! I am asking a question.

Maybe to get your answer, you or someone brave enough should tweet to the gurus. Cuz we don't work on this game. We don't know and only make guesses anyways. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

We’ve already been through this ad nauseam - nobody is trying to talk about Paralives except the people complaining about Paralives.
    I find it amusing, lol! 😂
    He/Him
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Agreed actually. These forums are for discussing TS4. If I wanted to discuss paralives I'd go somewhere else and do it.

Maybe to get your answer, you or someone brave enough should tweet to the gurus. Cuz we don't work on this game. We don't know and only make guesses anyways. 😂

To be fair, if we adopt this attitude then we might as well shut down the forum because we’re all just speculating about most things.
    edited December 2019
    So_Money wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

To be fair, if we adopt this attitude then we might as well shut down the forum because we’re all just speculating about most things.

There are other things that could be speculated such as future contents. However, for this, we are not speculating if there will be a color wheel, but rather why there wasn't one in the first place and why they still don't have it, which is a different thing. I think there's so much we can go round and round on this topic on why they didn't put it in the first place but we will never get anything answered officially. 🤷‍♀️
    832XG3D.gif
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Colorwheels were simply too much work to bother at the time. And ever since, the community hasn't really cried out for it, so it has landed at the bottom of the stack of suggested features - for now.

My guess.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2019
    Because Paralives is a life simulation game and Sims 4 is not, so doesn't reflect all the colors in the world. It reminds me more of a black and white sitcom which is what I think they were going for with the "safe space" stuff and everything because the game is more like a 1950s sitcom made into a game.

This is pretty much Sims 4 with the first 40 seconds:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EHRObUQqY

and Paralives is going for something to simulate the real world of a world of color and change and fill the void that the Sims left when leaving the genre with the newest iteration.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    After having colour customisation in Sims 3, there is absolutely no excuse for not including it in Sims 4, which has dumbed down just about everything that Sims 2 and 3 offered. They ignored multitudes of players when they created Sims 4 and I'm one of those players. Do they care? Nope. It's like a dream come true to find someone who is offering to put back all that content that is so missing from Sims 4. I'm excited for a future with Paralives in it. Anyone who made decisions that resulted in taking away all the things that made Sims brilliant deserves to be facing competition like this. They have no-one to blame but themselves. Sorry guys, but it's your own fault you are now facing this competition. I know what I will be playing when Paralives comes out and it won't be Sims 4!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sucom wrote: »
    Anyone who made decisions that resulted in taking away all the things that made Sims brilliant deserves to be facing competition like this.

That would probably be Rachel Franklin who was VP of Maxis and is long gone. I'm sure she's not losing any sleep over Paralives. As for the current Sims 4 development team I doubt they're shaking in their boots.

If the development process for Paralives continues at it's current pace then the logical competition for Paralives would be Sims 5. And 5 just might include a color wheel.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    After having colour customisation in Sims 3, there is absolutely no excuse for not including it in Sims 4, which has dumbed down just about everything that Sims 2 and 3 offered. They ignored multitudes of players when they created Sims 4 and I'm one of those players. Do they care? Nope. It's like a dream come true to find someone who is offering to put back all that content that is so missing from Sims 4. I'm excited for a future with Paralives in it. Anyone who made decisions that resulted in taking away all the things that made Sims brilliant deserves to be facing competition like this. They have no-one to blame but themselves. Sorry guys, but it's your own fault you are now facing this competition. I know what I will be playing when Paralives comes out and it won't be Sims 4!

^ THIS
    edited December 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    Because Paralives is a life simulation game and Sims 4 is not, so doesn't reflect all the colors in the world. It reminds me more of a black and white sitcom which is what I think they were going for with the "safe space" stuff and everything because the game is more like a 1950s sitcom made into a game.

This is pretty much Sims 4 with the first 40 seconds:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EHRObUQqY

and Paralives is going for something to simulate the real world of a world of color and change and fill the void that the Sims left when leaving the genre with the newest iteration.

xD I see it, in the sims 4 everything is perfect.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed how after all these months, there's still only build content being shown for Paralives? Not a shred of characters or gameplay yet. How the routing will work with all these customisable, draggable pieces of furniture intrigues me.
    I'm amused by the assumptions that "Paralives is proof in a million ways that only independent developers (people like you and me) are capable of delivering honest and true content." when all that's been shown is build/buy mode and not any sign of the characters or their advertised customisation, nor have we seen gameplay. I've not even seen the UI yet.
    So far I see promises but no proof. And even after all these months of announcements, the latest video shows a colour wheel. :/ For those who complain bitterly about everything to do with Sims 4, I hope it has what you want. But I've yet to see the 'proof' so many are going on about.

It might have a colour wheel. But since there's not been any hint whatsoever as to what the people look like, what the gameplay is like or even the vehicles being promised, I don't see 'proof'. Just promises that may or may not happen.

It‘s in early development. What do you expect?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019
    You know what, the other paralives thread was in feedback for months. It was to show Maxis devs what could be done by one person working with a little game engine that some mobile games use. And even some well known RPG games. It was a comparison thread of what we expected in 2019 in gaming. It's funny one or two people wanted this thread moved to off topic or flagged it to get it moved because it was and should be in feedback with the other one (which may have been moved now, too, I haven't look) because they are afraid of the truth. Maxis' TS4 is a sad continuation of a failed project and duly noted by those of us who understand hog wash when we hear it. TS4= the excuse game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You know what, the other paralives thread was in feedback for months. It was to show Maxis devs what could be done by one person working with a little game engine that some mobile games use. And even some well known RPG games. It was a comparison thread of what we expected in 2019 in gaming. It's funny one or two people wanted this thread moved to off topic or flagged it to get it moved because it was and should be in feedback with the other one (which may have been moved now, too, I haven't look) because they are afraid of the truth. Maxis' TS4 is a sad continuation of a failed project and duly noted by those of us who understand hog wash when we hear it. TS4= the excuse game.

No one is afraid of your truth. This is general discussion for the Sims 4 and not the place for a topic that is at best speculation and in the words of one our past community managers, has expired. It's not even relevant for feedback as 5 years in I'm pretty sure the Sims 4 won't be seeing a color wheel. Let's revisit when the Sims 5 forum goes live.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Well good, now we can finally talk about what an awesome game paralives is shaping up to be. I mean, as a simmer since the first game, I'll throw all my backing behind the far superior game because TS4 can't even hold a torch to TS1. I hope paralives ignites a fire under maxis behind, they need it after releasing this rubbish game.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    > @So_Money said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Did they? I don’t have Cats & Dogs so I wasn’t aware. Interesting.

I'm sorry for the late reply (this didn't show up in my notifications), but just look up 'cats and dogs sims 4 color wheel' because I can't attach images since I'm still a new member :(
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    Cinebar wrote: »

Thank you <3.
    ...and it has moved...smh
    edited December 2019

xD I see it, in the sims 4 everything is perfect.
    Yep. There was an interview that that Rachel and Lucy did in which they didn't want any bad drama in the game and how the Sims 4 wasn't a life simulation game. So the way they talked about the game being like a set with roles to play made me think of sitcoms that lack drama over other things and are designed to show perfect families and people in the 1950s. It is very eerie especially when Sims 4 is called "a modern game" when it is extremely old fashioned. But yeah Paralives won't have any competition with the Sims 4 because it just was never designed to be a life simulation game. Sims 5 I do agree could help the Sims get back into the life simulation genre again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2019
    A guru explained why we won't get a color wheel even though Cats and Dogs did. The answer was roughly this: The decision was made early to include one in Cats & Dogs, so they were able to build it from the start of the development phase. The same would have needed to happen to get a color wheel in the base game; it needed to be included from the beginning. It's not feasible to add one now because there is way too much content that would have to be edited.

Though I understand the reason, I still wish they would put resources towards adding a wheel. Especially since the game has the greenlight to continue a few more years. The limited choices bother me so much, especially on furniture.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    A guru explained why we won't get a color wheel even though Cats and Dogs did. The answer was roughly this: The decision was made early to include one in Cats & Dogs, so they were able to build it from the start of the development phase. The same would have needed to happen to get a color wheel in the base game; it needed to be included from the beginning. It's not feasible to add one now because there is way too much content that would have to be edited.

Though I understand the reason, I still wish they would put resources towards adding a wheel. Especially since the game has the greenlight to continue a few more years. The limited choices bother me so much, especially on furniture.
    Thing is, they had to make changes for the gender update too. Just comes off to me as it isn't going to get them enough money to validate changing.
    Scobre wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

Thing is, they had to make changes for the gender update too. Just comes off to me as it isn't going to get them enough money to validate changing.

Cuz we all know now, we gotta buy more for packs to get extra swatches for the same dang item. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2019
    Hey everyone, given the so many turns this conversation has gone over, I'm going to be locking this thread here. At this point main discussion in here has been about what the topic at hand should be and where the topic belongs - which suggests the purpose of it was not clear for everyone.

I'd suggest starting a new and fresh topic if you want to revisit any of the topics here - be that Paralives (in which case the conversation belongs on Off topic) or The Sims 4 not having a color wheel (in which case The Sims 4 General Discussion would work).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top