Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    ciane wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr - I like to use friezes, which can't go against walls, so I substitute fences at times. I like CFE for making levels mostly in the basement, but high enough to have windows - so mostly foundation height above the ground - or walk-out basements. And, of course, for making curves like bridges or connecting foundation to wall for garages. But I rarely use CFE for stairs as you did.

Erghh. I hate that. :D

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ciane I love Stoney Falls! I like the placement of the fountain at the bottom of the home. It was inspired to use the bauhaus artwork with the center stage bed to create something new. It's great that you were able to fit in a small garden while keeping the rustic look of the falls in tact.

It's so clever that you used the ITF tv in front of the picture windows. So you could have entertainment and never lose the view.
    844725e2f8507d8728ebdc80fa20b493d25d5741.jpg

The inspiration house holds a special place in my heart, and the sim version will be treasured too. Fantastic job!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Jessabeans A chocolate-themed cafe - I can't think of anything better. And they all look so good side by side - I love them! How did you manage to build so many things?

@ciane No, of course I don't mind. I love reading other people's stories <3
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    OMGoodness! I'm sorry to be soo far behind here so i hope y'all bear with me while I play catch up. I think I'm about 12 or more pages behind. Please note that all will be rec'd by me. Unfortunately it will be somewhat longer to view, download & play, lol Apparently it is going to take me a lil longer so please be patient with me. WOW.. this has been a truly amazing gifting event. I have downloaded some..even tried a couple of thing & really enjoying so far.

In the meantime hope y'all enjoy the cofee & beignets
    201409-w-americas-best-coffee-cities-new-orleans-cafe-du-monde-beignets.jpg?itok=oKpm2OHW
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    No need to apologize @TEXASKITTYKAT
    We're happy you're here and taking the time to comment/compliment. That's so sweet of YOU!

Yes, please.
    {selects a beignet and alternates sipping tea with eating it. Okay, who am I kidding? Mostly eating ... they're fresh & warm!}
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Rflong7 – I returned to Riverview to build this special lot for you. Your avatar often plays with the plumbob, and I’ve spent quite a while trying to decide how to do the plumbob justice. I think I succeeded with this. Since you and your avatars were the inspiration, I have no inspiration picture today.
    Here is Gift#7:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351876
    I do really hope that you enjoy the thought behind this one. It too was placed on a lot with the world editor in the center “island” section close to the gazebo. I debated adding a real bathroom and envisioned the outside all-in-one being an outdoor shower. Inside, the all-in-one could be a partition bathroom stall and one of the doors could be removed to add a sink in that inside cubby. I didn’t do that as I rather like the idea of two doors to help with routing, and I like all-in-one baths; but it’s an easy solution for those preferring a real bathroom or those without all-in-ones. (For those who don’t like, or don’t have these ITF elevators, just replace with ladders.)
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited December 2019

Hello @SamelaRita :D ,

Here is No3 and my final gift to you ... I've had a such a fun-tastic time building for you and it makes me very happy that you seem to be enjoying your gifts already ... your stories are such a delight to read and that one of them includes a sim family and tin shed I created for you is just absolutely fabulous :D .
    I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you will find the next household and their prospective home interesting enough to play and write about too.

So without further ado meet Maddy Hatter, Honey Glaze and Frank Enstein

7n0N8Ns.png

link to household: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351878

I’ll put the background story under a spoiler as I waffled rather a lot more than usual ... but that’s @ADWilson ‘s fault ;)

Old Maddy Hatter had to leave her beloved home she shared with her late husband for 50 years when her arthritis riddled body left her unable to cope with maintaining the house and gardens and living on her own. Maddy didn’t have any family she could rely on to support her even though she had a daughter who after a very heated argument run away years ago and disappeared without a trace.
    When Maddy moved into the ‘Old Folks Home’ on the other side of town she could not bring herself to sell up as all her happy memories were tied into the very fabric of the house but little did she realise that the maintenance guys stopped maintaining the advancing disrepair and that even the gardening crew threw their tools into the back of the van after one too many sessions fighting the rats, red ants and the odd snake or two and didn’t set foot on the property again.

Maddy fell more and more into a deep depression as she spend her days in her rocking chair oblivious to her surroundings and only muttering to herself and everyone just thought she was as mad as a hatter.
    When one day out of the blue at a time when Maddy was at her lowest a young couple stood in front of her … The young woman looked vaguely familiar and to Maddy’s utter surprise she greeted and hugged her with tears welling up in her eyes: ‘ Hi Grandma’! …..

They've made the joint decision to move back into 'Haven D'Amour' but will Honey, her boyfriend Frank and Maddy start living a happy life as a family and will they be able to turn the old neglected house into a beautiful home once again? Or will squabbles and money troubles end in sadness and despair???…. it’s over to you to make or break their dreams

‘Haven D’Amour’ is a very neglected Victorian 3 bedroom property and in desperate need of some TLC to restore it to its former glory.

naSwxGz.jpg?3

Afj0kTg.jpg?1

fbpsFYf.jpg?1

Jz0ar58.png?1

CY8N3to.jpg?1

Link to lot: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351879

And just to make you aware I have used a seasonal maker on this lot although changes are very subtle but include 1 butterfly spawner … I hope it's easy enough to remove the marker and items if they are causing any problems with the renovation.

Have fun and Happy Simming! :D x

Edit to add the link to household and lot ...
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Hidehi I sneaked a quick peek at the site (lunch guest due v. soon!) and found this amazing gift! I love thier names - and I love the house. It's gorgeous again, and you have totally nailed my happy playing zone. <3<3 Can't wait to get in game (but perhaps not while I've got a friend round...)

@ciane You are the only builder that I can think of who could create a plumbob themed building. Or even think of such an original idea! :o Mouth fell open in amazement when I saw it.

@TEXASKITTYKAT Oooh, yes please ;)
    Aw, @Hidehi, I'm in love with your old Victorian and the story. Madder Hatter is such a great name! I shall love playing out my own adventures with the family and the house, though I do already look forward to @SamelaRita spinning a long yarn for it.

@Jessabeans - I do hope I've done justice to the home. It's not an exact replica by any means, but I do hope the spirit comes through. I did learn something new with the build that I do hope to play with some more. Shall I share my discovery? Placing rocks under a floor on a foundation will give you a wonderful uneven stone floor that I think is perfect for cave dwellings, old shacks, and fireplaces, and the sims will walk over them just fine as they are on the level below. Maybe you have already discovered this, but I'm glad I lucked onto that discovery.

@SamelaRita - You are so very good for my ego! Thank you for all your awesome comments and your awesome stories.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @ciane wrote: »
    Rflong7 – I returned to Riverview to build this special lot for you. Your avatar often plays with the plumbob, and I’ve spent quite a while trying to decide how to do the plumbob justice. I think I succeeded with this. Since you and your avatars were the inspiration, I have no inspiration picture today.
    Here is Gift#7:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351876
    I do really hope that you enjoy the thought behind this one. It too was placed on a lot with the world editor in the center “island” section close to the gazebo. I debated adding a real bathroom and envisioned the outside all-in-one being an outdoor shower. Inside, the all-in-one could be a partition bathroom stall and one of the doors could be removed to add a sink in that inside cubby. I didn’t do that as I rather like the idea of two doors to help with routing, and I like all-in-one baths; but it’s an easy solution for those preferring a real bathroom or those without all-in-ones. (For those who don’t like, or don’t have these ITF elevators, just replace with ladders.)

OMGoodness, you succeeded! - That is just too Awesome. It's a very thoughtful and creative idea and Just for Me. Thank you! You put a huge smile on my face. I love it! :heart::cookie::mrgreen:

@Jessabeans - I do hope I've done justice to the home. It's not an exact replica by any means, but I do hope the spirit comes through. I did learn something new with the build that I do hope to play with some more. Shall I share my discovery? Placing rocks under a floor on a foundation will give you a wonderful uneven stone floor that I think is perfect for cave dwellings, old shacks, and fireplaces, and the sims will walk over them just fine as they are on the level below. Maybe you have already discovered this, but I'm glad I lucked onto that discovery.

I appreciate that you did your own interpretation, it's harder to make a home playable if you try to replicate real world houses because there are things in home that are just not needed in the sims (and vice versa.) I love it even more that it's a full functional home, and not a monument. I've visited a few Frank Lloyd Wright homes and they were all museums, I don't know how he would have felt about that, going out of his way to tailor-make the homes for the families that live there. Except Taliesin West, it was used as a school in his lifetime and somehow it's still a school.

No I hadn't discovered that, thanks for sharing.

Your plumbob house is so clever, and again, baffling how you were able to make it a function lot on a 10x10.

@Hidehi Is it odd to call Haven D’Amour beautiful? I know it's meant to be a ruin but I like it the way it is. I really look forward to seeing it receive some TLC by the challenge storytellers, it's not to hard to see it's potential. The swimmable pond and landscaping are wonderful. Your quirky sims will provide more of a challenge and I enjoy your names.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2019
    @TEXASKITTYKAT Mmmm that was a nice smell to wake up to, coffee and beignets (I started this a good hour before finally getting to the post button, by the way lol). We should do this more often. ;) I'm behind here, too, and need to do some catching up today (starting now).
    I appreciate that.:) Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have a disk drive, so I can't run disks.:o

While looking where I need to start, I remembered I wanted to comment to you, Gracey, on this. I don't have a dvd drive on my computer now either, and while there is an external one sitting here for me to use if ever needed, I haven't needed one yet. (They are cheap, though, as @Mmdrgntobldrgn said.) With the Sims 3 games, you can just register your number for it and then download it through Origin, that is assuming you can live with 1.69 and I think you already are since you have no drive. Now, I don't know yet if having a UK version of Sweet Treats is going to throw a monkey wrench into how I do it, but I'll be happy to let you know after I install, which will probably be within the week.

And while here, I've enjoyed your take on Ginger. She reminds me of me, too. :D

It took me a while to find my place, but I do believe that Star Market is my starting point here. @Jessabeans This is my favorite of the tiny lots, but I do love them all. This is such a cozy little shop. I can smell all the good bakery smells from way over here, and I love the greenhouse on the back (the shower is so considerate). The display windows are perfection.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn I know I did sneak in a couple little comments about this here and on My Pages, but I need an "official" one. I dearly love this house, it's rich brown exterior with the green porch railings on a charming wraparound porch and its pretty landscaping. I spy a nice garden in the back, too. The interiors are cozy and suggest all the family living that's happened here. I do love how in the story each room was added on, and yes, in general tissues were needed. Lovely story.

@60smusicluvr The Blue Dolphin is strikingly beautiful. Love how you incorporated the dolphin designs with the fountain and on the walkway (I don't think I ever realized your could place the pool mosaics on the ground). Love the living room, the great views, all of the interiors really.

I'm going to post this and start over in a bit as I've been here trying to do this over an hour already, mostly because I keep getting interrupted. I'll be back soon, though.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @ciane Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

WOW! I've done a plumbob building before but we tip our hats off to you. Yours has more dimension ... more mouth dropping reaction ... more visual appeal and ingenuity ... more everything! What a SIMtastic idea and a perfect gift for Rflongs (and us, lucky us, too!).
    @Hidehi Your gifts have been checked and are CC free. :)

Oh my! Another gorgeous renovation that is right up SamelaRita's / ciane's / my alley! Yes, gorgeous. You have a way of making dilapidated seem stylish and charming. It might be a bit run down but this diamond-in-the-rough has potential to truly shine! The family names made me chuckle and has brain bouncing in several directions regarding what happens next.

One question though ... what is MY fault? {scratches head and shrugs shoulders}
    Be back soon.
    Time to be Mom Taxi again ... daughter has monthly allergy shots.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @ciane: Neat. I love that plumbbob house that you made for Rflong7. Giggles, I'm going to use it too.

@ADWilson: Hurry back.

@Jessabeans: Hello

@Rflong7: Hello

@suzses: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello. I'm going to work on something in my game.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hello

@60smusicluvr: Hello

@Kesminlix: Hello

@Hidehi: Hello

@TEXASKITTYKAT: Hello. Oh, yummy and drinking my Dr. Pepper.

@MiaSkywalker: Hello
    :) Smile!

Hello everyone.
    Think I am going to jump in game and start my close inspection of gifts. Got to make sure they pass QA. It's a host perk!!! :D
    I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I love all the worlds and try to rotate play among them.

I wanted to give you some more sim variety. So, I made this roaring 20s sim. She dreams of becoming a 'vocal legend', but for now she sings in clubs.

Anastasia Escamilla
    GFPlKWS.jpg
    UE694Bz.jpg
    @60smusicluvr Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

What a lovely gift! Beautiful, stylishly dressed, great personality and plans on going somewhere in life ... what's not to admire?! She'll be fun to play, I'm sure.
    edited December 2019
    @ciane Another fan of Fallingwater here and Frank Lloyd Wright in general. Someday I am going to actually see this house - it's not really all that far from me. Plus, I am going to see your sims version of it, too. It looks wonderful to me from the pictures, but I'm afraid I still haven't seen a single gift in game other than my own. I'm getting very close to being able to start, though. @Rflong7 I had to smile that the roomies had the pleasure of checking it out.

@ciane again: The Plumbob is genius. I think you certainly did succeed in doing it justice, whereas I'm not sure I could have figured out how to do it at all. It looks wonderful and makes me smile.

@Hidehi More of your fun and cleverly named sims - more reasons to smile. Poor Maddy, left all alone like that :'( but so wonderful that her granddaughter came into her life and she was able to go home again. Love Haven D’Amour even in its dilapidated state, but I bet it would be tons of fun to restore (and I'm planning to have the pleasure).

@60smusicluvr Anastasia is a lovely period sim. I enjoyed your pictures of her on the download. Inquiring nosy people want to know about some of the backdrop: the sitting area and the bedroom.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @SamelaRita And now that I'm caught up here, I'm going to go play with my toys. <3 I still haven't been inside the Saltbox or to visit the Village Green, but all that's about to change.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2019
    @suszes, I know for sure the bedroom is from a beautiful art deco mansion @soocoolsim made. Think its called ' decadent art deco' or 'dazzling art deco' . I may be mixing up the name with a @romagi1 build. There's so many art deco builds I downloaded, after purchasing RH. Now there's no shortage of clubs. @petalbot has a beautiful theater she made. That's where I took the sitting area you see above.
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr Anastasia is very stylish, I'm sure she will find success in Roaring Heights. I am trying to finish up simport (ugh) so it's easier to decorate with the items so maybe she could be my magician. I'm more interested in what Ciane chooses to do with her, perhaps there will be a caper along the way? Thanks for asking Suszes, I was curious about the backgrounds too. I will need to check out that house, and it's a good excuse to catch up on what they've been creating while I was away.

Thanks for the beignets @TEXASKITTYKAT they remind me of Cafe du Monde. Thank you more for the lovely comments.

Thanks @Mystik1978 for the lovely comments too, I'm so happy you were able to come by for gifting, it is an intimidating number of gifts this time and all wonderful. I hope the situation that pulled you away has improved.

Also thanks so much @MiaSkywalker for the lovely comments and custard checks. I'm sorry you weren't able to participate this time but your presence is very appreciated.

Of course, thank you so much @ADWilson for hosting again. And for all the cheering, support, troubleshooting and whatnot you do behind the scenes. I'll keep lurking until the last gift but I did want to make sure I said my thanks. I look forward to the next one.
    I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I love all the worlds and try to rotate play among them.

I wanted to give you some more sim variety. So, I made this roaring 20s sim. She dreams of becoming a 'vocal legend', but for now she sings in clubs.

Anastasia Escamilla
    GFPlKWS.jpg
    UE694Bz.jpg

I saw her and downloaded as soon as you uploaded and then real life interrupted. This will definitely be a great excuse to open up Roaring Heights. I do love all things art deco and think the roaring 20s was probably a fun time. I'd have loved to wear those fun clothes and danced in a speak easy! Anastasia is a gorgeous sim and I'll try my best to make sure she accomplishes her LTW. Thank you for all the lovely presents! I am having fun jumping around between saves playing them all. FYI, back at the Creme Brulee apartments, Latoya has finally decided on a career as a stylist. She didn't want a job for days, and then she thought being in business would be okay. As soon as I had her get a job in that, she changed her mind and wanted to be a stylist. I think she's happy there; and as the other two have regular jobs, it's working out okay.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ciane : I saw your little plumbob house and my jaw just dropped. That is so pretty! Love all the windows, and how it gleams just like a plumbob! Only a Sim could live in a house that's all windows and not feel their privacy was invaded. ;) I love your use of the Skylight pieces; like the greenhouse pieces, they are not easy to use, and I always love builds that use them. (I like to use them myself as well, at least in my private builds, but they are tricky to work with.)

Only you could make a tiny house like this and make it WORK! I am always amazed at how much you manage to fit into these tiny lots.

I am going to HAVE to place this house in a lot of my games. Even if it's only as a little showpiece for the middle of any town. :)

@Hidehi : Ok, I'm slow sometimes when it comes to catching puns, but when I saw the names of your Sims, I had to laugh as I said them out loud. Oh my, even though they weren't intended to be, I'm going to have to place them in a Halloween world someday. I just love those names!

And that house! *squees* I'm not into renovacies, and probably wouldn't do that, but moving in a quirky family like the one you made and having them live there as-is would just be too amusing for me. I wouldn't WANT to change it; the way it is suits their personalities perfectly!

@60smusicluvr : Oh I love that Sim! She's got on one of my favorite hairstyles in the game; even though I don't use it often, I always love the way Sims look in it. :) The 20s are such a fun time, and she would fit in perfectly in Roaring Heights.

@jessabeans : Thank you. I had actually planned on making a group build (a Christmas Victorian), but life happened, as I suspected it might, and I never had the chance to even enter the game. That's one of the reasons I decided not to enter these anymore. I have enough stuff going on health wise that it's better that I don't get involved, and then have to bow out at some point. I still get to see and play with all the lovely things that all of you build, so I'm good with that. :) And if I ever do want something specific, I know I can ask at DNA, but I haven't felt the need to do that yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top