Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mens / Boys stuff pack

We need more clothes for men and boys and more beards.

Why are men so shafted in the Sims?
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited December 2019
    We definitely need more beards and other facial hair, and more hairstyles too. I like maybe 1/4 of the male hairstyles.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Men and boys are neglected CAS wise :cry: All my male sims end up dressing the same, while my female sims all have their own style.

I would download some more CC for men and boys, but they ignored there as well :persevere: It’s so hard finding good CC for them
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Agreed. Some body hair too.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Jeans man.... there is barely any jeans for men. Even skinny ones!?
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    There’s hardly any fashionable men’s clothing. It’s mostly garbage. At least they put a little effort into the women’s stuff.

The suits especially are hideous. They’re so baggy and non-tailored. I really hate them.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Male fashion in the Sims has always been overlooked even in the past in my opinion. I would like to see more CAS options in my game as well.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I want cool manly outfits like what Jon Bon Jovi & Hugh Jackman. I also want manly body hair & more beards.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I've always thought that CAS lacked for the guys. Even back in TS3. I rely on packs for more options, but I honestly haven't been impressed by most of the stuff from the last few packs. I enjoy some of it, but a lot of it feels like recycled versions of what we already have. I don't care for many of the color schemes either, so most of my guys accidentally end up dressing similar. 😅

On top of more clothing variety, I agree with those asking for more beards and adding body hair. I don't use much CC in my game, but I do for those categories.
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    I don't have any trouble making male sims with very different styles, I think they have way better clothes than the ladies. But I would like more stuff for dudes anyway because I like them better and prefer to make dude sims 😀.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    giphy.gif
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I agree, I want jeans for adult men, nice jeans that aren't ripped.
    I also would love more facial hair options.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    A stuff pack for guys would be awesome!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Every sim that isn't a young adult female needs some attention in the game. They're all neglected.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    At least male Sims have actually gotten more fashionable clothes in The Sims 4... Sims 3 and Sims 2 were much worse when it came to that! As great as those games still are, they heavily lacked good looking clothes and hairstyles for male Sims... :neutral:

However, I do agree... even if Sims 4 is better than past iterations, male Sims still seem to be very ignored by the developers. Every pack we get seems to come with dozens of young adult female clothes, hairstyles etc... while male Sims get like four new outfits and one new hairstyle. Even with the children, girls get more stuff than boys in every pack.

And even with the male clothes and hairstyles we get, the majority of them end up being a choice for female Sims as well. Male Sims rarely even get their own clothes and hairstyles exclusive for them.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Yes, I would like a men’s stuff pack, and one for children and toddlers, they are all neglected
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd say TS4 has a lot more decent options than TS3 (that one was slim pickings), but I wouldn't mind more options for my male sims.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited December 2019
    YAS, please! I play guy Sims 90% of the time - every time a new pack comes out, our male Sims only get like ½ the CAS items that female Sims get. I really, really want some proper men's clothes, hairs and beards. And NOT boy and metro-sexual stuff, for crying out loud - I mean something properly manly <3

Even the CC market is woefully lacking in proper male stuff. It's so super frustrating.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I couldn't agree more! I play a lot of male sims and they could really do with more variety in CAS. I hope to see more attention paid to male sims in all future packs and not just primarily young adult female sims. More content for elders and younger sims would also be welcome.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes, especially for children and toddlers. They're really lacking in terms of good clothes and hairstyles.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'd love this. I usually tend to play male sims weirdly (I'm female), so I've had to download quite a lot of cc to differentiate my sims a bit because after a while they always start to look the same. And at the risk of encouraging stereotypes, maybe they could include the "Tinkerer" trait again, with the fixer upper car - I soooooo miss those things, I used to play them in every family and there isnt really anything that compares in TS4.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I mainly play boy sims and cc saved their lives.
    I had to download tons just to give them different looks. Kids are even worse off. Even when cc hunting you can find tonssssssss more for girls which is annoying.

But for non cc users, yes, they are very neglected and need more. I was thinking maybe it's because they think mostly girls play this game? But even as a girl player myself it's not like anyone has a world void of boys so...... I don't get why. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2019
    Thats something that's plagued the entire franchise in the male department and children. Really enjoyed the clothing from Uni for males. Especiallu pants selection. Wouldnt mind seeing some CAS for males in a pack that ends up being bigger than females.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I play with male sims as much as female sims, sure, I am open to more new looks. Laundry Day, some Get Together and Cats and Dogs are probably the closest to my preferences for male sims, maybe mixed with a bit of Backyard, IL and Movie Stuff. There is a chunk of items that I don't use. I would also appreciate non-ripped jeans.

There's a lot of weird clothing for the men. My unpopular op is that I like a lot of the "YA female" stuff and use that heavily, but not all of the crop tops. I rarely use those.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,182 Member
    As I've said before, most of the stuff they release for men these days seems to be the stuff that would only appeal to the "Nu Age Male" or "The Bro's". Unfortunately for most of us, we don't like playing with either of those types of men! It would be like if most of the styles for women being released today would only be categorized as "Basic Starbucks girl" and "Mean Girl" because trust us, most of us don't play with just these two styles right here.