Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Create-A-World Tool for the Sims 4 similar to the Sims 2?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...

A Create-A-World tool that is similar to the Sims 2, that allows you to select empty versions of worlds (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, etc.) or create another Newcrest, allowing you to name it, edit its description, etc. It will allow simmers to have a lot more lots to work with.

I wouldn't mind a Create-A-World tool, either Sims 2 or Sims 3 style. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Would you like a Create-A-World Tool for the Sims 4 similar to the Sims 2? 32 votes

Yes
90%
ehaught58Sara1010PGalacticGalalan650111asimbsimgoodcakebaker62Amj1995SucomClassicalSimBabykittyjadeSummerStreakEvaliynSo_MoneyFlyingPotato659ScobreOldeseadoggekappowanMDianaSimsColton147147HopeyStarr 29 votes
No
9%
PlayerSinger2010DeKayEnnael 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Yes
    Uh ... Yes?
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I suck at building worlds, so i would never use it lol

tbh i just want another free neighborhood like Newcrest. i was so happy when it got added
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Yes
    I'd be awful at it but I would be excited to see what other simmers come up with. I think if it included a world editor for current worlds I'd be able to use it.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes
    Sims 2 style I could go to town with, it was fairly simple to use. Sims 3 style I would never touch myself, I couldn't get the hang of it, but I would love to see what world builders could do with it.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Yes
    I would prefer Sims 3 style but don't see that happening, so I would take Sims 2 style and be happy with it.

I hope Sims 5 is built from the ground up with a world editor and Create-A-World in mind.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yes
    Most definitely! Have used it with great success in my TS2 gaming. Have gone so far as to experiment with making new worlds from scratch via Sim City 4, though not good at it yet. Presume this is similar to what TS3 has.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited December 2019
    No
    Answering just for myself: No. Cuz I was bad at it.

But I don't mind if they added it in. I just won't use it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Yes
    Of course the answer is yes, even if I would mainly use it to edit worlds (add lots, change neighbourhood decorations, place objects off lots...)
    But unfortunately I don't see this happening in sims 4.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely yes! It is something I really, really miss playing TS4 because I feel so restricted by the location and size of lots. Often they have lamposts blocking the house from the street, or the houses aren't even on a road, so it really limits the lots that I can use. I'd much prefer a simple neighbourhood that let me place different lot sizes down where ever I like - and I'd really love to see what other simmers create, who could probably make simple neighbourhoods look and feel amazing!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Yes yes and yes to more customization. When I'm making my fantasy stories the backgrounds and limited customization is a killer.
    I can't build but I would be able to download so many awesome things I know people would make 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Yes
    I recall being scared to death of Boolprop and I believe that fear kept me from experimenting with the template for a new neighborhood for the longest time. However, once I did rise to the challenge, I never went back to play the in-game neighborhoods.

As for building, that's another love I have. Not saying I'm particularly good at it, but I have this knack for being able to recall floor plans from houses I've been in at least more than once. I started building in the game using said floor plans. I was happy with the builds, but rarely do I ever share. I began recreating the very first house I ever lived in. It was a small two bedroom, one bath house. I lived there for the first ten years of my life. At one point, my parents realized it was too small, so they tore down the wall between the foyer and the original master bedroom and added a slider to the back wall of this now larger livingroom. A hall was built from the corner of the living room and from it two more bedrooms were added. Mine and a new master bedroom. Too bad they didn't add another bathroom. We could have used it. Still, it was a cute place.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes
    I miss the color wheel from Sims 3.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    This is a 5 year old fight we have with EA.
    Dont hold your breathe waiting.