Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A serious lack of makeup

Is it driving anyone else crazy that we have such a poor selection choice for makeup? We need more blush, eyeshadows and lipsticks!

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I won't say it's driving me crazy but I do wish we had more options. As it is now, I tend to stick to one of each category (blush, eye shadow, etc.). I also wish we had an opacity slider or something because I think that would make even more of the options more usable. Some are too saturated for my liking. I like my Sims to have a more natural look, with the exception of they're formal wear.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Fortunately it’s one of the easier areas to address through CC, if you’re willing to go that route.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Fortunately it’s one of the easier areas to address through CC, if you’re willing to go that route.

Very true, but I personally like to wait until the end of the development cycle to use CC and mods. I'm just too lazy to update everything with each patch :D. I do appreciate the creators out there though. They do a really good job.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm not really a makeup person irl and I tend to put very little makeup on my Sims but even someone like me has to agree with this. Specially for blush, we have barely any.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'd appreciate more options. But I think the bigger issue for me is the lack of an opacity slider. I'd find myself using more of the makeup we have if we had that.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I could use more options, including some bolder options! For my sims at least, most of the eyeshadows especially are too soft and not saturated/bold enough. Most of the time it's fine, but every so often you get that sim that needs Mimi levels of pop...though not Mimi levels of eyeshadow lol

This is an area where I am considering diving into some CC. I don't use very much, mostly just mods, but I am considering adding some eyeshadow lol.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I use a lot of Praline Sims makeup. I like her colors.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It doesn't bother me cause I don't really know how to makeup. :D
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    My black Sims definitely need more darker eyeshadows. I often have to skip eyeshadow for them, because the color choices all too light or they don't show at all. I don't use CC, so I hope that we'll get more official make up choices for darker skinned Sims.
    I'm okay for the make up we have now for Sims with lighter skin. I don't really need anything more for them, but of course I'd always love to have more options.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited December 2019
    I din’t Use custom content. I wish we had more make up and more rings and earrings. I don’t think they have added a ring in forever. I hope in sims 5 they make it where we have to actually buy the clothes, makeup, jewelry and stuff. I remember sims 1 or 2 even had a jewelry store. They could add a jewelry maker to sims 4. I’m surprised that wasn’t one of the choices on arts and crafts.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Not driving me crazy, but I would probably use make up on more sims if there were more subtle options/opacity. Some are oo extreme for a down to earth and boring sim. Also, a simple eye shadow should come in a few versions where the shape is different - it has a big impact on a sim's expression if such make up is wide/high/narrow etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Omg yes! I want more natural styles and some fine line eyeliners that don't look like a child applied them. Even getting some new color swatches for the existing eyeshadows and blushes would be nice.

I think they should take a look at some of the Maxis match CC out there to get a good idea. Most of the makeup looks like it was created by someone who doesn't ever wear any, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited December 2019
    We need more makeup. I would like more matte lipstick, and gloss that really looks shiny (maybe it’s my graphics setting but in my game lipstick and gloss look the same).
    And mascara.
    Another thing I’d like is nail polish!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    We need more makeup. I would like more matte lipstick, and gloss that really looks shiny (maybe it’s my graphics setting but in my game lipstick and gloss look the same).
    And mascara.
    Another thing I’d like is nail polish!

Before I got out of my major CC use, I had custom nail polish. It used a ring slot, which was fine, but it started causing a weird clipping issues with certain shirts, so I took it out. I've found myself missing it lately.

I'd love to see nail polish added to the game.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Agreed. And more nail polish for hands/feet, different nail lengths, eyelash lengths not already on the eye would be awesome.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    The lipstick that came in RoM I really love as well as the lipstick and eyeshadow from a few updates back to base game. Works well wirh my dark sims. Cause most makeup just didn't compliment warmer to darker skintones.

Think now I'd just want some more blush and lipstick from matte to bstter glods.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2019
    all the blush we have now looks stupid on paler sims so I wish there was something for them that would look little more natural

+contour for all skintones pls since there is always that "I don't quite want to commit plastic surgery but I still want their face to look kinda defined"

also more eyeshadows I am always using like 2 same ones for all my sims cause others look off

also some wild drag makeup be cool option since we got gender settings and all

lipsticks idk I'd like more sort of natural colors and bold matte lips that ain't pink as heck or orange as heck like more that deep red color but also more opaque reds since i feel like it all steers orange or pink or purple and eh

opacity slider be appreciated too I used it all the time in ts3 to make things more subtle
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree with this thread. Make up needs to be updated. Both softer styles and attractive newer styles.

I guess right now, intense eyebrows are in style which I think are a bit silly but buildable make up that looks better is also in style. I'm guessing that the intense eyebrows would be wanted by some players.

I would like better make up for very pale sims and for elders. That's one way that I think elders really need an update. I don't want harsh clown looks for most of them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I never put makeup on my Sims. Mostly because they are male, but preferably not on females either. Makeup in the game is pretty redundant to me. I never wear it in real life either. My hubby keeps saying that he loves precisely that about me - among a bunch of other things. :D

Well...the CC market is bursting with custom makeup. I would show my appreciation of all the hard work the creators put into making it and go download some their CC.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited December 2019
    Another thing I’d like, makeup and cas wise, is separate eyelashes like Kijiko’s eyelashes, that would work with all eyes, rather than having all eyes come with their specific eyelashes (that kinda look like eyeliner). In TS3 you could also adapt the length of your sim’s eyelashes, I liked that.

Also mascara.
    I remember the first time I made a sim, I was like where is the mascara ? But with the eyelashes we have right now it would be hard to add mascara.
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    I agree with you. I'm a makeup junkie irl and would love if we had a ton more options and a lot more different styles, more dramatic would be amazing!
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • Options
    AverageLuluAverageLulu Posts: 34 Member
    I agree! Even though I use CC I've always missed the eyelash option from the sims 3. It really gives your sim a whole other look.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Opacity slider would be a huge help, and not just for makeup. The leggings category could use one as well.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have a ton of cc makeup, but I still feel like I don't have enough makeup! I can't imagine playing without cc!

I put makeup on almost everyone. Sometimes good cc makeup makes Sims look more natural than when they don't have any makeup on. I have one particular lipstick I couldn't live without, because it makes Sims look like they have naturally attractive lips but are not wearing lipstick. This is how it looks in CAS:

49189798943_8ec505a536_n.jpg

Here is what a random default Sim looks like, with what the game considers to be "without any makeup":
    49190532762_8e7669a1fa_n.jpg

Here is the same Sim with two different shades of my favorite lipstick:
    49189799218_cbcf0b855e_n.jpg
    49190496067_0f6b344391_n.jpg

Here is an eyeliner I really like:
    49190300736_76c50b2242_n.jpg
    49189799313_d69c8e8ce0_n.jpg

This is one of my favorite subtle blushes:
    49190300866_53af57b7b5_n.jpg
    49190300926_7bed3fd4db_n.jpg

And here is my favorite non-subtle blush:
    49190496727_833d018a21_n.jpg