Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited December 2019
    Same! I keep pencils/erasers/ graph paper with me for build ideas so I can sketch them before I forget and get back to what I am supposed to be doing.
  • VedenhaltiaVedenhaltia Posts: 16 Member
    A new challenge, yippee!
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    Wow I'm having a harder time with this plan because of the 2nd floor. I suck at making my own layouts lol.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @Lehua If I remember correctly, the template on the gallery has the second floor built in. You could try that?
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    shakerella wrote: »
    @Lehua If I remember correctly, the template on the gallery has the second floor built in. You could try that?

Thanks I like to TRY to make my own. I finally came up with one I like. Thank you though :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Glad to hear that you were able to come up with something you liked @Lehua I look forward to seeing your build :)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    ENTRY FORM

Challenge Number: 2
    Origin ID: beckablitz
    Gallery Name of Build: BlueprintBuilds-Dec Shell (I forgot to rename it :blush: )
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/00AB8CCE1E5411EA8C71342C8609C7AD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=beckablitz&max=50&maxis=false
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/zbSHqud
    Additional Notes: Granite Falls just spoke to me for this build - I think it was the cleaning table (which I assume is for fish) and the grilling deck - which I extended. It is the perfect excuse to begin renovating Granite Falls. Thank you for the shell to start. I chose to leave the Winterfest holiday decorations in the shell. My winterfest is actually southern hemisphere so it is actually Summerfest in December but I imagine Granite Falls is in an Alpine Region - so there can still be snowy background mountain peaks even in summer. I like the Sandy looking snowmen decorations for "Summerfest".
    Space for Pictures: (No more than 2 please)
    l9PsA6i.png?1
    y6QRo2j.png
    @Becka28 this look so wonderful! I love the way you have designed this house!
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,341 Member
    @Becka28 That looks like a fun house for a family vacation!

@Aljay This is a really cool thread. I've never built from blueprints before. I always have just used photos as references. But that leaves me scratching my head how to make the inside work sometimes. Blueprints seem like a great idea. I might have to give it a try.

I love seeing how the last challenge entries turned out. Everyone has such different interpretations of the same basic plan! I'm really impressed.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    BlueprintBuilds-Dec Shell is a lovely family home for Granite Falls! @Becka28 :) Very nice outdoors areas! The campfire area is very nice for Sims to enjoy siting around the fire keeping warm and toasting food, The kids play and horseshoes area is grest! Very nice upper level patio for Sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub, sit resting on the sofa looking out at the views or enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst sitting on the stools. Very nice pool and outdoors dining patio! The trellis over the top of the dining area is very nice. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating the food in the outdoors or enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The white and blue colour scheme is very nice. Very nice living room area for Sims to enjoy relaxing on the sofa near the festive fireplace watching tv, and the Christmas tree is pretty for them to see as they are sitting there. Very nice homely natural wooden dining chairs and table. The wooden texture of the furniture through the home is very nice and suits Granite Falls very well. Very nice design,furnishing and colour scheme of the bedrooms
    It is a very nice family home! :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Great looking house @Becka28 It looks great on that lot!
    Thanks @GlacierSnow I look forward to seeing what you come up with if you decide to participate :)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AlJay @GlacierSnow @Taoron thankyou for your comments. And @rosemow thankyou for your very detailed comments.
    I really enjoyed being challenged to do a bigger build especially in a world I don't normally build in.
  • quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2019
    Decided to give this a shot and having a lot of fun with it so far! Hopefully I’ll finish it soon.

@Becka28 What an awesome house! The blueprint of the house’s first floor is quite a challenge for me and to see that you could translate it into such a modern pretty build is amazing <3
    I am glad you are having fun @quæk
    @Becka28 What a wonderful home! The pool area is super nice. And I wish I had a balcony with a jacuzzi at my home! It would be feel like vacation every day!
  • quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2019
    Challenge Number: 2

Origin ID: andhanwib

Gallery Name of Build: Fernwick Boulevard

Gallery Link: Fernwick Boulevard

Link to slideshow: Slideshow

Additional Notes:
    That was challenging! Didn’t think I have ever done anything as complex for a build’s interior before; it really is an exercise to try and follow a real life blueprint. Also, I feel that modern looks are not my forte so I decided to stick to a very traditional conservative look. Thank you for the shell @AlJay ! It helped a lot.

Took some artistic license with the rather convoluted walk-in closet/toilet situation and added a small simple basement and second floor to the house. Other than that, I really tried to follow the blueprint — I even left the little storage room area at the back and filled it with odds and ends so that it looked the part :p I genuinely wanted the basement to be a laundry room but alas, I only have the base game, so a storage space/pantry/workshop it shall be heh. And gah, I realised too late that I put too much clutter decoration on the kitchen counter that there isn't enough space for the Sims to actually prepare their food. An easily fixed issue but I already uploaded it to the gallery. Oh wells.

Overall a very fun challenge! Would love to do it again!

Space for Pictures:
    9tyZWkr.jpg
    NFZaAjW.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Fernwick Boulevard is a lovely home! @quæk :) Very nice upper level patio for Sims to enjoy having a drink from the bar. The furnishing of the interior is lovely! The brown wood wall paneling gives a very special look and feel to the home! Very nice corner windows sitting area for Sims to enjoy watching tv whilst sunlight comes into the room. The teaset and flowers are pretty and homely touches on the dining table. Very nice furnishing and design of the bedrooms! The wall patterns in the master and kids bedroom is are very nice and the boat themed wallpaper in the toddler bedroom is great! The teddy there is cute! Very nice study room for Sims to enjoy painting on the easel, playing chess or enjoy using the computer at the desk whilst looking out the window.
    It is a very nice family home! :)
    You have done a wonderful job @quæk I really like your traditional conservative look!
    Challenge Number: BB2
    Origin ID: shakerella
    Gallery Name of Build: Dachshund's Chateau
    Gallery Link
    Additional Images: Imgur
    Additional Notes: #moo or the planters at the gate will disappear. The lower bedrooms were turned into an office and bar. Upstairs has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is also an art room and media room that can be turned into bedrooms.
    YM5uBld.jpg
    uTgy0yq.jpg

Dachshund's Chateau is a lovely family home! @shakerella :) Very nice stately exterior design, white colour, and the plants on the front patio and upper balcony are very nice touches. Very elegant furnishing of the interior, and lovely white and gold colour scheme of the living areas ! The furniture and curtains used are very nice! It is very nice that there is a grand piano in the living room for Sims to enjoy listening to other sims playing as they sit relaxing near the fireplace. Very elegant dining chairs and white flowers are pretty on the table. The kitchen design and island stools counter is very nice. Very nice bar room! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The wall patterning in the downstairs bathroom is nice. Very pretty colour scheme of the bedrooms! The sitting area outside the master bedroom with the pretty flowers is very nice .
    The furnishing of each room is very nice :)
    Your house is beautiful @shakerella I love how grand you made it look!
    Challenge Number: #2
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name of Build and link: Christmas Air BnB for BB2
    Link to slideshow: Blueprint builds #2
    Additional Notes:
    I chose to make my house in Sulani, because if I could be anywhere for the holidays it would be on a beach. So I figured I would live vicariously through my sims :)
    Space for Pictures:
    o5JQkWJ.png
    ylBAA1Y.png
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your awesome thoughts on my home. I really love building fancy homes. I wish I lived in England!

@AlJay First, thank you! Second, Wow!! I love your BB2! The colors are my favorite in a home! I love how casual and comfy it looks. And the family you have living there look so happy! This home is fantastic!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top