Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sim community has lost a awesome modder Scumbumbo

Scumbumbo has passed away he died a few months ago from what i have read he will be missed in our sim community i used many of his modss xxx

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I used his mods as well. RIP if true, but where is the source? All I could find was some website in Korean talking about him passing but I don't necessarily consider that to be 100% legitimate.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    So sorry to hear this. I've been wondering what happened to him. His family and friends are in my thoughts and p's.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Wow that's so sad.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    What?! That's insane. Where did you read this?

If this is true, may he rest in peace. That's very sad news. I've used almost all of his mods in the past and still continue to use some of them.

Wow.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Amen!
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    What?! That's insane. Where did you read this?

If this is true, may he rest in peace. That's very sad news. I've used almost all of his mods in the past and still continue to use some of them.

Wow.

i read it here xxx

http://modthesims.info/d/635690/ode-to-scumbumbo.html
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Deeply saddened by his passing. Rest easy, Scumbumbo.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited December 2019
    That's awful. :disappointed: Rest in peace, fellow simmer

Edit: I realized that the name was familiar because I downloaded the packing crate mod, and it was never updated by him :disappointed: And the teleportation mod
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    According to Scumbumbo's MTS page, his last activity was in May this year: http://modthesims.info/m/7401825
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Wow, that's horribly sad news. :(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    He was such a talented modder and many of his mods made the Sims 4 a lot easier to play around with. He left many tools for the modding community to use too and I know that his legacy will be continued to be remembered and inspire so many modders to test new limits too. Thank you for the time Scumbumbo you took to embrace the Sims community and the mod community and just being around for so many people. With what little time we chatted on modthesims about your mods and how the modding community talked about you, I know that the Sims community will not only lose a smart modder, but a great person as well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    This is so sad... may he rest in peace.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    :'(

So sad.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. May his modding legacy and his contribution to the community live on.
    #Team Occult
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    Oh, I had forgotten he created that packing mod. I used it for a short time, but I couldn't get one of my Sims' awards placed in it. I just decided to purchase all of them anew using the debug cheat, instead. Wow. May his memory be Eternal. And may his family, friends and loved ones find Peace.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    I don't use any mods, but it's always sad when someone from the community dies. Rest in peace.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am so sorry to hear this. I enjoyed several of his mods, and I know he will be missed here.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Scumbumbo has passed away he died a few months ago from what i have read he will be missed in our sim community i used many of his modss xxx

Ah thesis indeed very sad news. His mods were awesome. But more than his mods, he was a very real part of the sims community. He loved the sims indeed. RIP and I pray peace for your family and friends. Yes you will be missed.

• verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I had seen reference to him not modding but didn't realize the modder meant he was not longer around. I am not sure if I have used his mods but I have used other modders mods that have used his tools
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    This is such sad news. I was just wondering why his mods hadn't been updated and I thought he had just lost interest in the game. He's going to be missed. I used a majority of his mods at one point or another.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited December 2019
    On MTS, the modder Flerb has made a tribute to scumbumbo with making a picture of his avatar. I dl'ed it and will hang it in my sims' houses. :'(
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    On MTS, the modder Flerb has made a tribute to scumbumbo with making a picture of his avatar. I dl'ed it and will hang it in my sims' houses. :'(

tenor.gif
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sorry to hear about this simmer's passing.

But I do find this mod hilarious and would love to add it to my game:

MTS_scumbumbo-1731088-DWDWYAP.jpg
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱