Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting Stuff B/B & CAS

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Someone pointed out that the existing SPs tend to have 2 gameplay objects so there is still hope that we might get something in addition to the knitting content. The only SP I currently own is Vintage Glamour, which has the butler, the drinks case (globe) and the vanity mirror, which means 3 different gameplay objects in one SP. That's a good sign, surely?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Cats should be able to play with balls of yarn B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Someone pointed out that the existing SPs tend to have 2 gameplay objects so there is still hope that we might get something in addition to the knitting content. The only SP I currently own is Vintage Glamour, which has the butler, the drinks case (globe) and the vanity mirror, which means 3 different gameplay objects in one SP. That's a good sign, surely?

It really depends on what the theme is and how much they put into the gameplay.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

i'd really love to have the rocking chair as another object, and i know people aren't fans of the imaginary friend but i want that too.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2019

I agree! I think ideally the new pack should include the top two or three options for gameplay, since they must also have received a lot of support. After all, the theme is Arts and Crafts, and both pottery and glassblowing easily fit into that category too, and would make crafty sims seem even more creative. They could give us a knitting skill for the knitting activity, and the other two could be covered by a crafting or a moulding skill (which would result in different products depending on whether sims were using a pottery wheel or glassblowing tools). Having both of these skills would generate more deco objects to sell in a craft store, and potentially more useable objects too (like glass or pottery vases which could be used with the flower arrangements instead of the standard pot we have now), and glass jewellry -- earrings and necklaces -- like those that came with the set in the TS3 store.

Or if the developers want to keep the theme entirely fabric-oriented, then they should include embroidery and cross-stitching instead. The only feature I don't see fitting in as well is the Edible Food Art, but maybe that's my own lack of imagination: I don't know what fruit centerpieces would have to do with either knitting or knick-knack crafting. However, I would like to get it too, if possible, but maybe in another, more food-oriented pack, with all those cool ultra-modern kitchen appliances and the smoothie maker, and maybe a bake oven and bake sale table for the kids.
    @simfriend1968, I agree with everthing you said!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited December 2019
    I would be all in for getting more than just knitting but since only knitting has been promised I used "knitting stuff" for now

also I'd like if people keep in subject which is ideas for b/b and cas objects that could come with this pack

convo seems to be steering a bit off topic ~
    its fine for now but lets not steer too far :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    For more CAS items that sims can make, can we please get some cute toddler jammies. It's been forever since toddlers got new pajamas and they're really lacking (as are all life stages, but especially toddlers), and it would be super adorable to be able to knit some adorable pajamas for them.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully they do a free the babies patch and surprise us like with the toddlers be such a waste to not be able to knit anything for our little bassinets.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Knitted baby hats would be so cute.
    eb493c5f7cdce4ff7ddae9ed52bc5a1a.jpg

And baby blankets.
    3706f3ad61d2ba313257cf561403ca74.jpg

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited December 2019
    First we need basic simple crafts like colourful scarves, hats and mittens, as well as lots of fun wool socks, with stripes and patterns. The socks in particular would be great and so useful. In fact, any of these would be nice to have sims give each other as gifts. Family-oriented sims could get a happy moodlet from receiving them from a family member, while snob sims could turn up their noses at such a humble gift. The same could be true of homemade sweaters/ jumpers for all the ages (from toddler to elder). There should be at least two different meshes of these (one cardigan style and one pullover), with a variety of swatches from nice color-coordinated patterns to ugly garish Christmas sweaters. Some sims could love receiving and wearing them, while certain others (materialistic or snob sims) could be embarrassed by them or mock them (mean sims). I'd also enjoy a sixties style one piece tubular dress and a shawl for the grandmas and new moms.

For kids, in addition to the clothes, I would love to see loads of newly animated and creative knitted toys too -- from soft blocks and rattles for babies, to tiny animals like elephants, giraffes, pigs, woolly lambs, mice, bees, etc, to raggedy ann and andy-style dolls, baby dolls, colorful clowns, mermaids and princesses. And reversible dolls: just as an example, my mother used to make several varieties of reversible knitted dolls for her children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephew and basically anyone who went to her church and had a baby. One of the best and most imaginative was a Red Riding hooded doll with a warm red cape and hood that tied on, hiding cute braided pigtails, as well as a long skirt with knitted lace edges, and holding a knitted basket full of goodies -- a tiny knitted cake with a cherry on top and two knitted muffins. If you turned her skirt over, she became her grandmother with grey curls, a nightgown, cap and shawl, holding a tonic bottle. Then if you turned her on her back, and you pulled her cap over her face, a fierce grey wolf head grinned at you. There was also a before and after Cinderella Doll, one version with a patched skirt, duster and braids, and the second, if you flipped her skirts over, decked out in a shiny ballgown (made from fancy sparkly yarn with pearlescent threads), dotted with knitted roses, capped with puffed sleeves, and also clutching a fan, and wearing a fancy updo along with cute knitted ringlets. We need at least a few new clever and creative toys like these (with new animations and interactions of course).
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm hoping our Sims can knit hats that cover the ears. Bobble hats might be cute, but they're useless below 30F.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Wouldn't it be great if the pack introduced knitted scarves as a separate accessory! Our simmies could knit different scarves which could then be worn with any top or full outfit.

I would also love it if we could knit baby clothes.

Yes, I like to dream :D
    Wouldn't it be great if the pack introduced knitted scarves as a separate accessory! Our simmies could knit different scarves which could then be worn with any top or full outfit.

Yes, considering the accessories we have, I don't know why they haven't given us scarves yet. The Potterhead CC can do it, after all.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited December 2019

Yes, considering the accessories we have, I don't know why they haven't given us scarves yet. The Potterhead CC can do it, after all.

actually it would be cool if they add knitted cardigans to make those accessory too I want to layer up :c
    some of the clothes just shout ''put something on top'' but you can't :c

also fully support scarves being accessory cause honestly always paired with shirts I don't want : I
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »

actually it would be cool if they add knitted cardigans to make those accessory too I want to layer up :c
    some of the clothes just shout ''put something on top'' but you can't :c

also fully support scarves being accessory cause honestly always paired with shirts I don't want : I

I've been after layered clothing for years. Probably since I played Sims 2 actually! I remember when Sims 3's Seasons pack came out, the gurus took questions from the fans during a live stream before it was released and my question about layered outfits got picked. The guru misunderstood me and said it was possible but was actually talking about the outerwear options. I haven't played Sims 3 for several years now so I can't actually remember how they did seasonal outfits. I definitely remember that we did not get layering as I wanted, and while the situation has improved a little in that respect, it's still not there yet. :(
    Some more ideas for CAS. Once again I'm mainly focusing on toddlers and babies (I'm desperately praying that we'll be able to make clothes for babies).
    Some options that are simple and adorable for many ages.
    bf1ed8fe65db113fc020366a04a1e85d.jpg
    But even more, I think the CAS for toddlers in this pack should really make sure they take full advantage of super cute designs.
    ff19ddbeb7cca1973d5838dec8b58b4a.jpg
    A full knitted dress.
    6851413cef1bf8ab0a99bd1e57a9057a.jpg

Also, since I hadn't done it yet, I'll post some things I'd like kids to be able to knit. I assume they'll be limited to tiny things, so I tried to find some simple things I could see being added for kids to make.
    270d39690f23094913cdfc1803c87ab3.jpg
    71cddd059800778a4e8dbd438e102fb8.jpg
    FInger-Knitting-ANimals-900x1349.jpg
    Finger-Knit-Butterflies-900x600.jpg
    5bd2f79dfa8d2013b0aad28efadfc31e.jpg

I think a super cute family activity would be a older sim being able to knit a stuffed animal, and a child being able to knit a piece of clothing, like a tiny sweater, for the toy.
    a2f370cd90512c3618fdefe2627c3d84.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I hope they bring back the teddy bears child sims were able to play with from TS3. Loved that some packs had different variations of the beat back then
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    I feel like the vibe of this SP would easily fit the Hygge quality in Danish culture. Comfy, cozy, convival. I'm still not 100% sure about it, but I think there are certainly some possibilities. I love the idea of including hot cocoa. Sims could snuggle up in front of the fireplace, wearing knitted socks, covered in a knitted blanket or onesie, and drink hot cocoa whilst reading. Family onesies would be amazing, now that I think of it. And pet knits! Okay, I might be coming around to this... :)
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    Also, I work in a library and did finger knitting and loom weaving with the preschoolers and tweens before. Both were quite successful and easy, so including activities all ages of kids can enjoy would be great.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, I agree with the idea of it being kind of a "hygge" pack to be warm and cozy. I genuinely do hope for the pottery or sculpting. Generally, I'm flexible about most of the ideas that have been suggested.

I guess the next vote is for the art style. For me that and the votes on the objects in the pack is kind of more interesting than the first vote was. This is because I know it's a stuff pack so it's about what clothing and items that the pack will add to the game.

I think most of what people have been wanting is in line with what I want but I probably don't want the cliche of a nursing home. Multi-generational including elders? Sure. I do like the woollen stuffed animals that have been suggested.

If it goes this way, it would kind of build on the wintry aspects of seasons for my average sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    More CAS suggestions.
    Knitted baby/toddler accessories.
    599f129c9892e043e79af314e82bfb1e.jpg
    9d8b5447881ec44c298dc098c3c207e9.jpg
    d81e5bbb4931eaeb8f8ba400748c8138.jpg

Knitted hoodies.
    66f448deed4d941b35783d12387f9cd6.jpg
    910b41bfd039e03e4dba8c3ba86b56bd.jpg
    5b69a2cca9588224484af414d76b86db.jpg
    Appearntly this is also a hoodie. It didn't look this way from the picture at first. I was going to submit it to suggest being able to knit matching sweater and hat sets.
    445b88a0ab8984828ce110eba5296fb8.jpg

More cute clothes.
    597a1f7b27ed9dcd52a3adc052e8efc6.jpg
    c2c495e8ef86a2754a3a674d9063698a.jpg
    25798a18a32d95a0bf6add73e38d40dd.jpg

A knitted sweater to go over a dress.
    8cda637b4a2657e67edb72eb363e9610.jpg
    017d39078a369506e4470b268c3f30bf.jpg

Hats. I don't think we've gotten toddler hats like this since the ones from their initial base game patch. (Also they'd be cute for babies cough)
    7826f2feaef59438587662e0a6b72a99.jpg
    150c42cd729d701aa06baa0f033a818d.jpg

I think it would be cute if we could specifically knit clothes for twins and triplets. So the sim would sit down to knit and create 2 or 3 of the same outfit, but in different colors.
    9886124de794053e92ab313f8824accf.jpg
    45cd335f0d1ea8b7010f1d37dcf580bc.jpg

These are main just to give examples of cool patterns I'd like to see. (Not that I'd oppose baby blankets and clothes for stuffed animals)
    13f9ddb69b5360cb16ad004f7ec40894.jpg
    d866bdc7abc4d3c84f703ea44808d962.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg omg, sorry to be off topic, but where did you find the patterns for those first baby headbands? I just have to knit those irl!
    edited December 2019
    @elanorbreton I actually just searched "knitting for kids" on Pinterest, (truthfully, with the hopes that I'd find crafts kids could do, but actually getting clothes for them instead).

Here are links that were with the pins.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I would love if sims could make bulky scarves and elbow length fingerless gloves, like Claire on Outlander wears.