Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chrome Marking The Forums As Dangerous and other issues/weirdness since Dec 2

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    After clearing cookies about 3 times, DeKay, I can now declare that all traces of this site being dangerous is gone. EA_Mai

Yay! That's great.

I'm happy. Quotes look normal again too. Pictures are still centered and smaller though.

Yeah, I was wondering if the pics being small is an issue or is supposed to be like that... Cuz they're a bit too small (height being capped to about 400px). :(

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I'm getting what appears to be a variety of heights, but it does seem to be no higher than about 400/500...when everyone knows you need at least 600 for a decent looking shot! I really hope it goes back to normal soon. Any idea what's going on with the photos, @EA_Mai?
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Mine is fixed now.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Weird quotes and stuff are fixed for me too, but like others, pictures remain sized smaller for me as well.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    After clearing cookies about 3 times, DeKay, I can now declare that all traces of this site being dangerous is gone. EA_Mai

Yay! That's great.

I'm happy. Quotes look normal again too. Pictures are still centered and smaller though.

Yeah, I was wondering if the pics being small is an issue or is supposed to be like that... Cuz they're a bit too small (height being capped to about 400px). :(

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I'm getting what appears to be a variety of heights, but it does seem to be no higher than about 400/500...when everyone knows you need at least 600 for a decent looking shot! I really hope it goes back to normal soon. Any idea what's going on with the photos, EA_Mai?

I'm on Firefox and every height is capped at 400px maximum or less (if the original is already smaller than that).
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Was using Microsoft Edge while waiting for this to be resolved. Saw a flurry of posts to this thread in notifications so I decided to try opening Firefox again. It works!

@EA_Mai Thank YOU for keeping us updated regarding progress on the fixes and please be sure to pass along my sincere thanks to those who worked on getting this taken care of. MUCH appreciated. :)

Haven't looked further than being able to have access so am not sure about images being different like others have mentioned.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    edited December 2019
    Just gone back to Chrome to check it, and it all looks okay.

EDIT - yup, the last time it looked okay once I posted I got the red screen again, and this time I didn't!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Now works fine at Firefox
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks everyone for confirming Chrome and Firefox are back to normal for you and for sticking with us while we worked on getting this fixed!
    Quotes should be back to usual as well, please, let me know if you still see any weirdness.

We will take a look at images next :)
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @EA_Mai.
    Whoop whoop!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Will we ever know why that happened in the first place ?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Thanks to the forum "fix-it" people! Firefox is back to normal this morning!
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Thank you for getting this fixed. Hopefully the pictures will be fixed so that they are bigger and not centered in the middle unless the person posting them wants them centered... :)
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2019
    Hi again, another update!:

As you noticed, pictures showed centered and smaller if they had a height bigger than 400px. This was a change that was introduced to the default settings of the platform we use for the forums - we have now reverted that change and pictures should show as usual again. Please, let us know if you see any weirdness with images.

happyopi wrote: »
    Will we ever know why that happened in the first place ?
    You mean the security warnings? The forums were mistakenly detected as unsafe by a security system both Chrome and Firefox use. That's why only those browsers were affected.

Back to sharing awesim screenshots! :)

oril8zu358ve.png

-Mai
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Awesome, @EA_Mai, thank you so much - and to all those who work behind the scenes too! Everything looks good here. :)
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Thanks @EA_Mai!
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am so happy pictures are back to their original sizes, thanks! :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for getting the forums back to normal @EA_Mai and all involved!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Well, it had a distinct benefit for me! I now love my new Opera browser, so I'm going to keep it. B)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Thank you for fixing this. It works on Chrome again.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Well, it had a distinct benefit for me! I now love my new Opera browser, so I'm going to keep it. B)

That's the way I feel about Firefox. :)
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for all your hard work @EA_Mai
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    Yay, even fixed down here at the end of the world.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Happy to come here today and find all the problems have been resolved with this issue on my favorite forum. Thank you so much for all you do here @EA_Mai whether it be helping Simmers whenever possible or keeping the forum running smoothly. It's all very much appreciated! <3
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Glad to see it's fixed. Those warnings were getting annoying. Thanks @EA_Mai and anyone else that was involved.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ah, terrific, thanks to everyone for fixing it ! :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding