Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack vote - Theme and gameplay results!

Comments

• IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    The term is not females, it is carebears or casual gamer, these can be both male and female players.

R > The majority of posters in this thread seem to be female, and you have to admit it's mainly females who knit, for example.

Children and seniors lack a lot of content indeed.

R > Babies, mainly. Seniors are just 'normal' Sims who have got old.

If you are not just doing a parenting play through or you have a generations style

R > I think currently I am in to their 30th generation. It's only new jobs, new areas, etc that make it remain interesting. (Why does the cash pot not go above 9,999,999? and why has mine suddenly dropped to 32,000?!)

of playing then seniors

R > There's little to get them to do once they have achieved their top level of job. (And often leaving any age to their own devices can end up with all if not all their bars becomeing red, and they do little about it, or at least until the very last second!) But one very ageist thing in the came is once they reach the age of possible retirement, they suddenly become old and shriveled with backache and stress after exercise. They are supposed to be around 65, not 95.

and kids become useless. Children can cook in real life, they can bake too, they can sing and do arts and crafts. Some kids are prodigious or a good investment,

R > gosh, you make them sound like cattle! But it starts with babies. They don't just lie in their cots, then suddenly become toddlers. But even in their cots, they are learning, and still as babies, they soon learn to crawl and interact with the world. (Up to Sims 4 did you not have to teach them to walk once out of their cots?) Their skills should also be literally carried forward, not simply used as a points system, or vanish (... has no skills.)

while others are a waste of resources and space.

R > That's a worrying statement.

There is nothing wrong with children getting sick.

R > But adult Sims hardly get sick, either. More use should be made of the Hospital add-on.

Not every senior has one foot in the grave, some seniors still work, or take on volunteer jobs to keep busy.

R > Indeed, but when you play with 8 people in a house, all with different jobs, eventually you have seen them all, and it is disapointing that every job does not have the Go with them option. It's also somewhat insulting that some jobs do not need to build up any skills.

Open landscaping - I am not so sure about how well the game will run like that.

R > but it did run like that. I forget which Sims started it. Was it Sims 2? But it did update with an add on pack, or even an update patch, if I recall rightly.

The MMO black desert pulled off open world nicely,

R > The what? You have to understand I am not a 'gamer' (but I do see one of my sons play many of them. I only play Sims 4 because I also like the building aspect of it.)

but its not like sims 4 where I can straight up build a massive house.

R > Sims is sort of like real life. So as one goes through many generations one can, and has to, increase house size, etc. Or simply move to another, even in another area. There's few other, or any game at all, that has that need.

Since homes can get real massive,

R > with 8 people in, they need to be. Plus, for example, with a mermaid or more, a large swimming pool is handy once moved out of the ocean paradise setting. I often have one under the entire house's land! (With each new area added, it is often more convenient to move to that new setting. Currently my family live in the magic place.)

I felt they should have opted for a instanced housing,

R > I don't know what that means. Do you mean no empty plots and no options to expand a dwelling? Sims started off with a landscape (in World view) devoid of any residential plots. You picked a size you wanted from a library, and pasted it on to the land. There was also a galley of pre-built houses one could place on to those plots, or build from scratch. Sims 4 is very restrictive when it comes to what is and what can fit on a World landscape. (When I got the Island Life add on I tried to build a rentable place, or a holiday home (as was once possible in one version of Sims. In the end I moved my family there.)

but open world maps hybrid like the mmo blade and soul did.

R > Sorry, I don't know what that means.

For example willow creek. I should be able to walk around that entire map, but to enter homes and editable lots, I have to phase into that instanced area like blade and soul did.

R > in one incarnation of Sims you could zoom out and see an entire and quite large landscape. You clicked a destination, picked the mode of transport and litteraly travelled there. But yes, once there the actual building was 'another' place. Even going on holiday somewhere, it was from an airport, but what happened was you got to the edge of the 'map' and vanished, for another area to be loaded.

In order to travel to other worlds like sulani, they could of taken a page from the old school pokemon gold and silver and allowed players to get a ticket for a plane, train, or even choose a car. The vehicle takes off and the loading screen is your vehicle of choice traveling to your chosen destination.

R > there you are, you see :) you did have to book a flight, but clicking to follow your Sim in their car, or even on a Harley they drove as far as the World went, then vanished and the new World would be loaded. (And often very slowly!)

Real graphics - don't equal better quality, sims 1,2,and 3 went for realism,

R > In what way? The only main difference is you can now zoom very close in, but the Sims clothing etc still looks like a rendered paint job. Where's the textures? Real graphics make a game look, well, more real. I see my son play some games and it's like watching him control a character in a film, and some predate even Sims 2! Granted, Each Sims Add-on starts to look better, but the pay-off seems to be fewer plots to use in some Worlds.

and the issue with that is it starts to look dated pretty quick.

R > graphics quality may do, and you need a powerful PC to have them all turned full up, but how a world looks in 'real life' changes little. A tree is still a tree.

Things like wind waker till this day still look good simply because stylized graphics age better.

> It's a cartoon style, that in my mind does not make it good graphics, but as you say, a stylized game, which are easier to create and use smaller files.

Not ever stylized piece of work looks flat simply b.c it doesn't go for realism.

R > it's all about using light and dark. Art does not look flat if used well, even in cartoon styles. (I am an artist.) And why does it never go dark at night?! It should go totally black where there's no lights.

Different houses - I do wish that when I set up a family in a house I don't plan to play,

R > I fill every house and even every plot with a house, often 8 people per house. Is it not part of the game? (I play this game on my own, so there's only one Save - me!) I even give them jobs and make sure they have all they need to build up skills (they don't!) The auto-fill does not seem to fill many houses, and when it did, it only did it once. They age, they die. Look in Worlds not played for ages, and there's no one living there. The game does seem able to use Sims I have placed in other houses almost like NPCs, though. They wander past the house I use, and even turn up in jobs one can go to.

that I could click a ticker to turn on live own life like the autonomous ticker.

R > Indeed, as one would expect them to do. It should be possible to set them to do everything the Sims you are actually controlling do. Oh, and while we are on such a subject. I often fill each of my Sim's tasks to the max. Sort of programming them. (With 8 people it's easier that way.) But if one of them travels to another world or you go to work with them, all those tasks are cancelled, and when you get back, they are all almost red-lined! It's inconvenient to keep swapping between them.

I made a gardener live next to me, but they never use their lot to garden, nor do they show up as a gardener.

R > even if you give them the job of a gardener, they do not garden!

And why does this game keep making everyone into a bartender? lol

R > I have not noticed that. What I see is that almost all the tradespeople that come to the house to do tasks are NPC, and oddly, the chap who comes to repair stuff, it's not a job option (and they appear to loop when fixing some things, with the only way to get rid of them is to Replace the item, but it then assumes they have fixed them! And are nannies immortal?

Players have been asking for more depth in the game, and that would be a step in the right direction.

> Indeed. Sims has often been accused of slamming out add-ons with no real improvements just to get us to part with our dosh. Here's looking forward to Sims 5. Let's hope it's as 'real' as Planet Zoo. (But no cartoon-looking people!)
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I just quickly want to say that if we want to continue to get the option to have packs that we get to vote on as a community that some of you need to act like community. Which includes respecting your fellow simmers enough to not get all angry and in some cases rude and mean because they picked an option you wouldn’t have picked. We are all different and all play in different ways. For me I even have saves where I play different. The ghost pack would have been a blast in my supernatural save, however I am very happy with uni just coming out that a stuff pack will be coming that fits my family/generational save. We have so many different packs to suit different play styles. Instead of attacking the simmers that are excited that their choice won why not just be happy for those players and pop into the ideas section of the forums to discuss how much you want the ghost pack and what you would’ve like to see included in it? That’s far more productive not to mention healthier then getting so angry over a stuff pack.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I just quickly want to say that if we want to continue to get the option to have packs that we get to vote on as a community that some of you need to act like community. Which includes respecting your fellow simmers enough to not get all angry and in some cases rude and mean because they picked an option you wouldn’t have picked. We are all different and all play in different ways. For me I even have saves where I play different. The ghost pack would have been a blast in my supernatural save, however I am very happy with uni just coming out that a stuff pack will be coming that fits my family/generational save. We have so many different packs to suit different play styles. Instead of attacking the simmers that are excited that their choice won why not just be happy for those players and pop into the ideas section of the forums to discuss how much you want the ghost pack and what you would’ve like to see included in it? That’s far more productive not to mention healthier then getting so angry over a stuff pack.

Amen! And not to mention the fact that the pack isn't even made yet and there's still many things to vote on. Who knows? It might even be fun and pleasantly surprising. The Gurus themselves have said that they will most likely introduce things from Happy Haunts in future content. Just be patient and try to be optimistic.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Is this for real?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • wakyjavagirl69wakyjavagirl69 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am Very Pleased That At Least Happy Haunts Came In Second and I am Very Interested with playing that, but In My Opinion is That if This As With The Arts And Crafts there Needs to Be Universal Furniture such as Bunk Beds with the option to have single, double , Murphy Beds with Desks that can be added on to, sofas should be able to be able to convert. Also a Built in Coffee Bar, Microwave. And the Windows Should be Able to reflect the Stained Glass also the Roof Glass Those Needs Stained Glass As Well.... Water Slides to add great times for the out doors
    Automobiles are A Must Please...... along with the features of Autocare Thanks Take Care and God Bless
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Let me say that I'm most certainly not excited about the idea of a knitting stuff pack. I wanted Happy Haunts too. But stop complaining, just because you're not in the part of the community that voted for a knitting pack doesn't mean you can trash-talk everyone who voted.

No one is getting angry or even rude or mean, or attacking anyone! I am also just expressing my opinion of what I would like to see. I too am different :) The problem with Uni, like many of the other packs, they were also in Sims 1 to 3. It's time for something new for those who have played all versions of The Sims, and for many hours - each day. There's often some interesting stuff on sites like Modthesims, but they can be troublesom unofficial add ons.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I voted for the food one. Eating is fun.
  • jukemjukem Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh wow, for me the general order was 4), 5), 1), 2), 3). Maybe they will still make them all......?
    I've seen several people mock older people on here, calling them "boring grannies" and things like that. That's very disrespectful - you'd swear these people have no elderly relatives or realize that they're also going to be old some day.

R > BTW. Next birthday I will be 67 ...

Also, there are people saying "I hate this community", making fun of others

R > Sorry if you think that about myself. I in no way have posted that I hate the community, I have not read back all the postings in this thread. I have made gameplay suggestions that seem to have been ignored to be cherrypicked at by some who have found a tiny percentage of what I posted in order to be offended by it. Dont take my British tongue-in-cheek humor the wrong way (I am posting from the sunny UK.)

for voting differently than them and being nasty to the Sim Gurus

R > I have not voted, I never by the Stuff packs anyway. All I suggested is how I would like to see actual gameplay improved, but most people seem to have ignored the suggestions. Sims is short for Simulation. What is a Sim Guru? I have played Sims 4 2401 hours, and only bought it thise year. Does that count? As I said previously, I have played every incarnation of the sims and also used to help people out a lot on the old forums.

Here's a few other improvements I would like to see. (Not counting a moonbase pack) Cross-overs. Vampire merpeople. Magican Vampires (their powers must surely be magical already?) And any mix and match. Granted it would make the UI very complex, but compared to ones in other games it would not be too complex.

Perhaps I am in the wrong thread? Is there a Sims 5 thread yet? For those wanting to make suggestions?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    They should include a Oujia board, then let us knit our own Ouija board cozy. Also, let us knit skin or a scarf to keep the Grim Reaper warm.

death by falling asleep on your knitting needles and grim reaper shows up covered in knitted grimmy clothes like hey wassup
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited December 2019
    I wasn't actually talking about you, just some really rude people here and there. I'm not offended (since I'm a millennial), but I hate how toxic this community gets sometimes.

R > It's hard to avoid trolls on line. One problem I have always found on line is people rarely say who they are replying to. :)

A Sim Guru is basically a developer of The Sims

R > Ah, OK. are they marked in someway? Specific avatars for example?

True. The gurus usually have avatars of their Simselves and they have "Sim Guru" in front of their name, like SimGuru Ninja, SimGuru Frost, SimGuru Lindsay, SimGuru Morgan, SimGuru Duke, etc.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    I don't get why people are complaining that watching their sims knit would be boring. Who knows? Maybe they'll really up the action and give our sims the option to watch paint dry. That'll be a blast too. Watching our sims stare at a wall, just wondering "is it dry yet?"

Seriously, if you're happy that is great for you, however the thought of watching a sim knit and knowing that there would be maybe 5 different patterns that all look the same does not make me excited for this SP. I guess I should be grateful that I can save my money, eh?
  • TurtleShroomTurtleShroom Posts: 16 Member
    I'm honestly surprised. There were a lot better options, particularly the playable Grim Reaper Job.

That said, there's hope for the knitting: I want variety. Old-timey stereotypical granny stuff (lace, doilies, etc.) AND weird new stuff that can also be knit.

The more stereotypical granny stuff, the better, but don't fall into the trap of making that the ONLY part that comes with knitting. After all, if young sims can knit, why shouldn't they be allowed to make stuff that is more interesting to them?
  • TardisWhoTardisWho Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="divanthesimmer;c-17329991"][quote="nucleonide;c-17329762"][quote="divanthesimmer;c-17329539"][quote="TardisWho;c-17329474"]Super excited that Arts & Crafts is the winner. I hope children to elders will be able to do hobbies. Knitting 🧶 is not just for Grandma 👵.
    Also, could Happy Haunts become a GP and we finally get WEREWOLVES? Fingers crossed 🤞[/quote]

[b]I can bet you now only teens to elders will be able to knit[/b] and there will barely be any new clothes for children and toddlers, if any. I'd actually like a kids and elders game pack, with tons of new hobbies and clothing for toddlers, kids and elders (will likely never happen and if it does, it won't even include half the things I want). Babies still need an upgrade from being objects - I'd love a stuff pack for babies with cribs, rocking chairs, prams and more.[/quote]

Wait, did I read this right--you were expecting toddlers/children to be able to knit? I mean, there are probably very talented children out there, but... ??? :lol:

---

I'm surprised people here seem to dislike their grandparents/older people so much. Is this like an American thing? If for anything else, I find the discussion about this pack very amusing. :lol:[/quote]

No, I definitely wasn't expecting toddlers and children to be able to knit. I was telling someone else who wanted them to be able to, that it's not going to happen. Children and toddlers are always left out these days when it comes to gameplay and clothing, which I'm kind of bummed about.

I don't dislike my grandparents/older people, if you're referring to me and I'm not American. In fact, I love elders and I'm glad they're getting more stuff to do (as long as the whole pack doesn't just revolve around knitting).[/quote]

I don’t remember including toddlers in my last comment. Children, yes. And, since Toddlers and Children are two different age categories I don’t see the confusion. And there are plenty of school-age (6-12 yrs) children that know how to knit.

Also, why does being an American equal a dislike towards grandparents/older people. As an American that has helped in the care of elderly people most of my life including total strangers, as well as, my grandparents, great-grands, great uncle, elderly cousins and now my own parents.

This is not all aimed at you. But, it does bother me when someone takes something they view as a negative and automatically includes one group of people to be this way.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2019
    Retroid wrote: »
    > @pkstracy said:
    > I cannot believe knitting won...really? Hope they do release Happy Haunts later on.

Exactly my reaction, i laughed slightly too like what the?! Especially after reading everything cool the other packs would have added. How boring is your game that knitting is going to make it so much better for you. I'm starting to feel like it's a wrong move to give us any say in the packs. The majority of players seem a bit unimaginative. I can imagine in a future vote if theres a choice between:
    - go to the movies pack
    - cars pack
    - 80's pack
    - bingo pack
    I can imagine people being like OMG bingo yes!!! I bet watching paint dry pack is not too far behind lol :D

Rofl..... I am glad that knitting won, because there will probably be something for all ages. Even toddlers and children which haven’t received much lately. They will at least have clothes knitted for them and handmade toys to play with. But, I would love to see a pack about going to the movies and a cars pack. I really think they should give us cars as a base game thing and then make a stuff pack with extra car stuff in it. Bingo would be nice in an elders pack.... or a generations pack.... lol. I think they should give several more stuff packs from that list, maybe even some game packs. I think Happy Haunts would make a great game pack, and it would be nice it it came with a world the size of strangerville! I would love to have a psychic with some seances and and Ouija board game for all ages.
  • patentpinkpatentpink Posts: 72 Member
    gemjas wrote: »
    Oh joy, knitting; how exciting.

This but unironically.

I voted for Happy Haunts, but Arts & Crafts was a close second, so I'm happy with this. I'd pay $10 for it, if only for the extra hobby for my sims.

Exactly!!!!!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited December 2019
    musteni wrote: »
    I said I will be happy with any arts & crafts stuff. I wish another gameplay had won (Embroidering or Glass Fabrication) but I guess I am happy.

Glass Fab would've been great. I can see knitting would be great in one way, but end up like laundry and be something I have that I don't use.
    So instead of playing the Grim Reaper Freelance career I can watch my sims ... knitting stuff. Probably while waiting for the laundry to be done ._.

I hope to gosh this isn't the ONLY thing..I hope...

It says "theme". I guess the main focus will be on knitting, maybe? There must be more than this.

I've said it on another thread before (some time ago tho) and I say it again: Laundry Day already showed that giving the community the chance to vote on a pack is not a good idea. I hate doing laundry in real life, I don't enjoy watching my sims do that. I bought the pack for CAS. And of course the most boring choice won again this time :( It was exciting to see all the options and to vote but the result is disappointing.

The only good thing is that the devs can't be blamed this time (I also can't stand all the complaints whenever a new pack - normal ones - comes out).

If the vote on the CAS stuff turns out like this then this stuff pack will be the very first pack of TS4 that I won't buy.

I know. I have been busy with the holidays and didn't even know that there was voting. Why couldn't they have waited to do this after the holidays instead of the busiest time of the year? I know. Dangerous stuff, Happy haunts, and so many other wonderful ideas, but a pack centered on knitting? I won't say it wouldn't be fun to make stuff, maybe give them as gifts, sell them to make money, or if we get farming and the countryside, but how involved is knitting going to be compared to Happy haunts? Are we going to be able to make all the clothes from CAS, doilies, and then some? Will cats play with the yarn? Maybe you could blame them for adding it. It should've been in a crafts GP and laundry should've been base game. Boggles my mind that we had 2 chances to get Grim and maybe some much needed Goth stuff and we get knitting. If there isn't a huge pull, I don't see myself rushing out to get this either. I miss the Sims3 and all the content we got. We got stuff all the time with, packs and the store. I don't miss the points and way the store was at all, but the rush of excitement and content was incredible. Long-term, I don't see knitting working into all types of play styles and something to do in every game. I like how the devs are thinking outside the box with the packs for the last year, such as the hidden world in the magic GP; hope they can find a way to do it with "knitting". Would rather have had a craft GP with a store.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited December 2019
    First off, i cant help but thinking that a LOT of people misunderstood the voting in this round. So many of you are talking about Happy Haunts as a theme like you were going to get ALL of the game play suggestions if happy haunts had been chosen. YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO GET EVERYTHING. One thing. one new aspect of game play, per theme.

2) If i am limited to just the one new aspect of game play, i think knitting has the best potential to bring benefit to the most areas of game play. we are short on hobbies for our sims, particularly things for elder sims to do. and in creating garments with our knitting we are able to hit areas of the game that are short on CAS- babies?!?! toddlers & kids and even perhaps some specific elder outfits. But i think its important to have new clothing options for teens, young adults and adults too because...

3) KNITTING IS A GREAT APOCOLYPSE SKILL. For anyone who loves playing off the grid, rags to riches, end of the world type scenarios, being able to create clothes for your family to wear, to have another item that can be sold on a stall or worked as a freelance job or stocked in a retail lot, is really useful game play. This is not at all about sitting watching your sim knit... ofcourse that is boring in the same way watching time pass by whilst your sim jumps in to a rabbit hole to go work as the girm reaper.... you need to think out of the box a little and see just how much extra game play can come from having a new skill that creates sellable items. Look at how much game play you could get out of the moschino stuff pack. People dismissed it at first as a fashion stuff pack and were dissapointed by the lack of CAS items that actually came with it, as a fashion pack... but it was all about the new photography game play and the massive range of new play that came with it, both from the official freelancer career but also for sims just wanting to dip in to it as a hobby.

3) There are so many way's we could style this pack, but it really does give us an opportunity to flesh out CAS items for kids and elders. There have been some fantastic CAS items in recent packs for our young adults, teens and adults, really on trend and high qualify rendering etc. But the same cant be said for our kids and our elders. we have an opportunity here to flesh it out.

4) Build buy items.... again this could go one of several ways- are we thinking end of the world apocolypse theme, arty crafty bohemian look, aged hippies or granny chic? there are so many ways this theme could be developed and i honestly wouldnt mind any of them. I think going granny is maybe a bit obvious, but if that's what people want in their games then it is what they want! Are we going to get some build buy items that represent other crafts even if they dont work as functional items? (spinning wheels, knitting baskets etc)

7) There are lots of opportunities to tie this in with other future packs. If we do ever get our farming expansion pack it would be perfect. Sheer your sheep, spin your yarn, dye it (using harvestables like onions) and then either sell it as a commodity in it's own right (it could be sold at each stage in the process, but processing the wool fiber would add value, just like i dunno... butchering your meat would add value compared to selling a live animal!) But if you have the arts and crafts stuff pack you could then use the wool to knit your own items.

So can you see all the ways in which knitting, as a single game play item could effect your game play... depending on who you are and the way you want to take it. Yes you can have your granny in her rocking chair knitting a patchwork blanket, your pregnant mum-to-be-sim furiously producing as many baby hats and booties as she could, but you could also have your avante guard arty sim creating political knitting (google the pink 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hats against trump!) and conceptual art pieces or your survivalist sim living in their eco hut off the grid making practical every day items to keep themselves clothed and to make some money.

You bring up some good points, but as you said in the beginning, we may only get a small portion of what we are expecting. There's no guarantee that we are going to be able to make hardly anything for youngsters or very few things. I can see it would be good for elders, great for making and giving Christmas gifts, great to sell, and good for off the grid, but what if it's very limited? My Sims are so busy with jobs, kids, leveling up every aspect of the game ( which I despise), taking care of their needs and the kids, and then there's University. With showers taking nearly a sim hour, my Sims don't have time to have hobbies. I wish they had put this in a craft pack with other crafts and the Happy Haunts & dangerous stuff in a Afterlife EP they had in a survey early on. Maybe, they could've done a community pack centered on picking out of five different jobs or something. I like crafts, but with all the other aspects of the game, such as the ridiculous amount of time to go to the bathroom or take a shower, in many games, this might not be something used. I feel that those who wanted this might be thinking they are going to get more than what we end up getting. Perhaps, this is one thing that upsets some simmers. What if the game play is extremely limited, the stuff to knit very limited, and basically extremely little gameplay. That's one of my biggest concerns about this pack. It would make it more worth it if we can make nearly all clothes in CAS, make rag dolls with many color options, make doilies both small and larger to put on tables under lamps and for details like the cats playing with the yarn. I think some simmers are trying to come up with a concept of what this pack can do to make it worth paying for, especially if all the ideas of kids clothes and other wonderful ideas don't pan out, as there's no guarantee that they will. I'm very apprehensive and will be until we see some ideas, clothes, and stuff that can be made. With the great ideas the team has had lately, maybe they will have an outside the box ideas for this. I hope so.
  • EMCba2600EMCba2600 Posts: 38 Member
    Knitting sounds good, but I would've preferred a different Arts and Crafts thing or Fun-Tech.
    Origin ID: EMCba2600
    tumblr
    Daily Updates and More!
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    all of you who are moaning about it being boring and something only old people do are so very very wrong.

[...]

dont write knitting off because its not something you enjoy personally in your life. Give it a chance, be creative with your ideas and think outside the box.

If knitting is something you enjoy then that's great, you do you and all that, but why shouldn't I be allowed to think it's boring? I don't believe the "knitting is for old people" trope but I still find the activity itself to be the equivalent of watching paint dry.

I fully accept that the majority voted for knitting and that this will be the next stuff pack, but do I have to be enthusiastic about it? Absolutely not. We're allowed to be disappointed that our choice did not win.

This is no different to Laundry Day IMO, because if I really wanted to do either of these monotonous activities, I'd simply do them in real life.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks I've removed a lot of comments that weren't exactly appropriate towards those who do want knitting. Leave out the "granny user" comments. There's zero need to bring other's down just because you're not personally a fan of what was voted for. You're welcome to express your opinion but keep it respectful towards others in the community.
    edited December 2019
    all of you who are moaning about it being boring and something only old people do are so very very wrong.

[...]

dont write knitting off because its not something you enjoy personally in your life. Give it a chance, be creative with your ideas and think outside the box.

If knitting is something you enjoy then that's great, you do you and all that, but why shouldn't I be allowed to think it's boring? I don't believe the "knitting is for old people" trope but I still find the activity itself to be the equivalent of watching paint dry.

I fully accept that the majority voted for knitting and that this will be the next stuff pack, but do I have to be enthusiastic about it? Absolutely not. We're allowed to be disappointed that our choice did not win.

This is no different to Laundry Day IMO, because if I really wanted to do either of these monotonous activities, I'd simply do them in real life.

We are just saying this for the people who are insulting everyone who likes knitting and/or voted for this. You can totally find it boring, and express that. We just want people to stop insulting the people who like this kind of stuff.
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright folks I've removed a lot of comments that weren't exactly appropriate towards those who do want knitting. Leave out the "granny user" comments. There's zero need to bring other's down just because you're not personally a fan of what was voted for. You're welcome to express your opinion but keep it respectful towards others in the community.

YES!!! Thank you for saying this!
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    I was sad Happy Haunts didn't win, but Arts & Crafts was my second choice, so that's fine. I was surprised that knitting won, though. I'm wondering if some people weren't really sure what the other options were and chose the most recognizable of the bunch? I was personally really interested in glass fabrication and what we could have done with that. Thinking of all the glassblowing, stained glass, mosaics, and whatnot that our sims could create really piqued my interest. Plus, I've always wanted to give glassblowing a shot but I'm too accident-prone to go through with it outside the safety of the Sims 4. Ahem. Sculpting would have been fun, too.

I'm hoping this stuff pack will be fun and I'm glad so many people are excited about it, though it's not my first choice. I think I'll be more likely to purchase it if there is enough variety with the knitting. I only bought Laundry Day SP because of the CAS and Build items, so the knitting might become the same. I am excited to see what other options pop up as we move forward with this community vote!
    I was sad Happy Haunts didn't win, but Arts & Crafts was my second choice, so that's fine. I was surprised that knitting won, though. I'm wondering if some people weren't really sure what the other options were and chose the most recognizable of the bunch? I was personally really interested in glass fabrication and what we could have done with that. Thinking of all the glassblowing, stained glass, mosaics, and whatnot that our sims could create really piqued my interest. Plus, I've always wanted to give glassblowing a shot but I'm too accident-prone to go through with it outside the safety of the Sims 4. Ahem. Sculpting would have been fun, too.

I'm hoping this stuff pack will be fun and I'm glad so many people are excited about it, though it's not my first choice. I think I'll be more likely to purchase it if there is enough variety with the knitting. I only bought Laundry Day SP because of the CAS and Build items, so the knitting might become the same. I am excited to see what other options pop up as we move forward with this community vote!

Yeah, Glassblowing was my top choice for A&C (I think?? Not sure) too. But Knitting is cool too. I hope they include multiple features, the top 2 (knitting & sculpting - which, I believe, was my 2nd choice) at least. Maybe, just maybe, they'll include Glassblowing too, the 3rd place.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top