Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @ADWilson The Pearson Place is a well-worn treasure of a home. I enjoyed the backstory and how it was was incorporated into the decor and possessions. It was very thoughtful of you to make a gift that all the buddies could enjoy.

@60smusicluvr Cream Brulee Strip is beautiful. The furnishings and decor really suit the build. The colors look striking and clinical. Just terrific. The style could work well in so many worlds.

@suzses Stargazer is perfect for Hidden Springs, I love how you thoughtfully borrowed some of the color pallet from the area to help it blend it. It's so clever turning an A frame on it's head, er side, and leading itself to all those great observation decks. The sims of Hidden Springs can enjoy dining under the stars with far more comforts than camping. Not many people build for the bourgeoisie side of Hidden Springs so it won't be hard to find a spot for this treasure.

@Puddinroy I love all the bold colors they really suit an arcade. It looks like such a fun place for sims to visit.

@ciane I love your inspiration picture, that is gorgeous. You are able to pack so much into tiny lots without them ever looking crowded. I am sure many Riverviews will be getting a new round house after this exchange.

River Raven is another clever and gravity defying build from you. I love the symmetry, and the decor is great.

I'm trying to stay on task with only gift posts but have you seen the Tiny homes for Veterans project? It seems like something that might interest or inspire you. https://www.veteranscommunityproject.org

@Hidehi The name Forest Grump gave me a giggle. I am unreasonably excited about the prospect of having my own hermit that lives in the woods. His burrow is great too. The landscaping is great, the stocked pond really lends itself to a living off the land play-through, and the cave interior is spot-on.

Page 44, unless I've gotten out of order again.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Yes, please. Do that and let us know what you find out.
    All right, my install was one that had no .dbc file (I had renamed the one I had, because I had been planning to make a build, but never had the chance), so I installed the two lots... and ended up with a 21k .dbc file. So there's SOMETHING in it that's getting installed into my game. Whether it's a photo or something else... I couldn't say. I, personally, never have my Sims do custom photos or paintings (I always sell photos, and I just do the game created paintings and sell them), so I have no idea how the game handles those.

I think... you should check your plants. Just to make sure. :)

We're looking into it and hope to have an answer as soon as possible. :)
    Thanks for doing the extra check on your end. Every little bit helps.
  • Options
    I appreciate that.:) Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have a disk drive, so I can't run disks.:o

You can register the registration code from the box in origin and it will grant you a digital copy. I bought my games as a mix of steam copies I register the code for, physical discs and origin digital copies. They all show up in origin after registering them.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    suzses wrote: »
    @suzses : Oh no! Chalet on Azure Lake shows that it has CC. It is listed as "TreeBuckHorn". Check the trees on the lot, and re-upload it, please! And, although I haven't checked it yet, I'm going to guess that the holiday version has the same tree. You may want to check that as well, although I'll edit this after I check that too.

Edit: Yes, the holiday version is showing the identical piece of CC. Sorry! :(

Whatever it is that is causing that, it isn't cc. I had a fresh game folder and transferred nothing from any of my other game folders over. I also hadn't installed anything from the exchange or elsewhere in that folder since I made it (unless the Christmas Village is in there, but I know that's not a problem).

@suzses In custard I clicked on the top line, and selected fix. It changed it to just a lot, so I saved it and closed it. When I reopened it nothing showed up. Want to give it a try with your copy?

ff532c5629d75349397123ad3bd1d618d74f8a89.jpg

The pngs are in red because I save simpacks to double check in custard before installing instead of downloading to my launcher.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @jessabeans : Clicking on Fix didn't do anything for me when I tried, although strangely the only option it gave was "corrupted". What version of Custard do you have? Mine is 1.0.3922. I'm wondering if there's a later version.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @jessabeans : Clicking on Fix didn't do anything for me when I tried, although strangely the only option it gave was "corrupted". What version of Custard do you have? Mine is 1.0.3922. I'm wondering if there's a later version.

I have version 1.1.4110.34676 it's the version updated this October. No, I just installed it this October, it's from 2011. http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=3463917
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited December 2019
    blush

@MiaSkywalker , @ciane , @ADWilson thank you ladies I hope that @Kesminlix enjoys it too.

I will admit that this build, particularly the decorating, was a bit out of my comfort zone, and the roof was a struggle. Angled porch corners was maybe not the best idea in terms of roofing, but fits the house so well.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @suzses In custard I clicked on the top line, and selected fix. It changed it to just a lot, so I saved it and closed it. When I reopened it nothing showed up. Want to give it a try with your copy?

Thanks, Jessa. I'll try that. Lot checks out without the photos. I put the photos on another lot and in Custard that shows an objects - a DIFFERENT tree, so I think it's just a problem with trees in photos.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Starting to droop so I'm going to call it a night. Will start again fresh in the morning.
    Hugs @suzses and thanks @MiaSkywalker & @Jessabeans for their help with this!
  • Options
    blush

@MiaSkywalker , @ciane , @ADWilson thank you ladies I hope that @Kesminlix enjoys it too.

I will admit that this build, particularly the decorating, was a bit out of my comfort zone, and the roof was a struggle. Angled porch corners was maybe not the best idea in terms of roofing, but fits the house so well.

All the effort you put in it was definitely worth it. It's a beautiful house, and I love the decorating.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @ciane .... I'm trying to stay on task with only gift posts but have you seen the Tiny homes for Veterans project? It seems like something that might interest or inspire you. https://www.veteranscommunityproject.org

That was interesting and it does inspire me! A community project to tackle immediate shelter and support issues is awesome, and of course, it leaves me wanting to build some of those tiny homes! Thank you for sharing that with me.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson @LMC6255 and everyone - I've put up a version of the Chalet without any in-game photography. I used different wall art and no picture on the desk. It's not as special, in my opinion, but it's an option for anyone who is concerned about the others. I intend to leave all three in my studio because I think the photos are fine and that the only issue is that Custard doesn't know how to read them properly. I said before about it picking up trees, because it picked up two different trees for me (buckhorn tree and small fir) at different times, but it may very well just pick up something from whatever happens to be in a photograph.

I did try to screenshot the clean Custard readout on this version, but of course, I couldn't get that to work. Time to call it a night.

Sorry for the hassle. Hope everyone finds some Chalet they like. LOL

Edited to add: It's definitely too late. Here's the exchange link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351667
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @ADWilson: Done with my gifts
    :) Smile!

• Options
    @suzses : Well, I think all three of those are gorgeous. You did a GREAT job on the home and landscaping, and I definitely want to use this. I think I'll go ahead and use the original two; I've deleted the .dbc file that got created, so anything that the game was thinking of as CC is gone for me. These are SO pretty that I'm definitely going to use them! (Most likely the holiday one in Rflong's world... again!) :)
  • Options
    @suzses : Well, I think all three of those are gorgeous. You did a GREAT job on the home and landscaping, and I definitely want to use this. I think I'll go ahead and use the original two; I've deleted the .dbc file that got created, so anything that the game was thinking of as CC is gone for me. These are SO pretty that I'm definitely going to use them! (Most likely the holiday one in Rflong's world... again!) :)

Thanks Mia :) for both your help and your compliment.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sorry I haven't responded to any of the new goodies today. I've had some time to skim through them, but I spent most of my simming time installing all the goodies and organizing it in game, so it doesn't show up with the purple cc icon. I don't know, that symbol bothers me. :s

@Ciane, I have more sims to share, but I haven't worked on presentations for them at all . . . Tonight, I give you the last build I made for this exchange. I call it . . .

The Blue Dolphin

qy0byFY.jpg

INFO: The blue dolphin is a single bedroom, modern beach home. Additional space (not pictured below) be it for a spare bedroom or hobbies is provided beside the garage, if you need it. The only way to access this space is to open the garage.

Some things bothered me . . .
    This is the build I wasn't totally sure I wanted to share with you. After some pretty minor tweaks to the exterior, however, I changed my mind. Still, I don't think it comes without faults. As you can probably tell, I did not stop with CFE. The steps leading up to the front door has a really cool pool feature, but it's not useable. Thankfully, sims won't stomp their feet and yell. From what I observed, my test sim almost immediately deleted it from the cue. :relieved: Still, if they are not watched and you have free will on, they might continue to try to go in it. Overwatch let me know about an unroutable sim -- my tester. Secondly, even though the yard is pretty small, I wanted sims to have access around the rocks. I usually do my rocks spaced apart, but I've seen so many simmers do this. I didn't realize till afterward that they act like a wall - duh! :flushed: There's a small space, kind of out of view of the front where your sim can pass. It's not a super big issue, but something I just wanted you to know because it makes the routing a bit weird.

Pictures
    ZNfaZPo.jpg
    zgKgq0v.jpg
    dH5JAOU.jpg
    UnMczji.jpg
    QH1LCq4.jpg
    y12zQkg.jpg
    3YaG6v4.jpg
    8gKBCXT.jpg
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • Options
    @60smusicluvr : The Blue Dolphin is checked and CC free. :innocent:

What a lovely, tropical style home! With the colors and patterns, and the style of furniture, this looks just like some of the higher end beach housing where I live. The style of the furnishings is so calming and relaxing. This looks like a great place for a couple or a single Sim. I can imagine being on vacation while playing this. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm here! Will go back a few pages and get the thread updated.

To: @suzses
    cc: @LMC6255 @MiaSkywalker

I see a photo-free version and will add it to the front page with all your other gorgeous gifts.

However, I checked this morning, found the item causing issues and sent you a PM about it.
    Not sure if you want to just leave it as a CC free version (no photographs) or take out the "problem child" while leaving the four others.
    All of your photos are gorgeous by the way!!

This is the one that won't play well with others!
    In the home, it's hanging on the wall where the dining table & chairs are.
    culprit.jpg
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    @Adwilson, it is so nice of you to share a gift with us all! Pearson Place looks SO cozy! It's got a lot of character in it. I especially like the living room space with the paneling and floral wallpaper. Thank you!

Thank you very much! I was going for cozy, lived-in for generations so to read your words makes me smile because it means I got my intentions across. Yay! See below for more explanation.
    @ADWilson The Pearson Place is a well-worn treasure of a home. I enjoyed the backstory and how it was was incorporated into the decor and possessions. It was very thoughtful of you to make a gift that all the buddies could enjoy.

Thank you very much! It was a lot of fun making this for y'all. Holidays makes me think of times spent/enjoyed with family, usually gathering at an older relative's home so I wanted to capture that family feel with this gift. What better way than a family who lived here for many years! Their memories and a few possessions linger behind for the next homeowner to enjoy owning as part of the home's history. <- This makes me think of @SamelaRita's renovation story told from the perspective of the house.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @suzses That chalet is beautiful! I love it - and think it's perfect for next time I play Hidden Springs...

@Rflong7 Thanks for the pictures of @ciane 's amazing builds!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Yeah, that was one sad story :'( But sad with a happy ending sort of sad... And the farm is lovely.

@60smusicluvr The Blue Dolphin is a lovely beach home, and the colour palette is so serene. And I love the gardens too.

@ADWilson Did I say how much I like the Pearson Place? What with the site problems and so on, I just can't remember. I DO want to say a HUGE Thankyou to you for organising this for us. And another HUGE Thankyou to @MiaSkywalker for all the custard testing as well.

The site is working again on my PC! Yay!!!!!
  • Options
    Access to the forums via Firefox or Chrome should be working now.
    {currently typing this using Firefox!}

@Rflong7
    Come back! It should be working and I miss reading your entertaining messages... oh and the cookies. Mustn't forget the cookies, lol
    Yesterday was National Cookie Day. Did you know that?
    :cookie::cookie::cookie:
  • Options
    @suzses
    Oh my!!! The Chalet is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful colors, casually elegant/elegantly casual furnishings and the right amount of clutter items gives a warm, cozy and very comfortable feel to the place. The holiday decorations furthers add to it's charm! I want to place my order for one in my size, please. No ... ? SIGH I guess my Sims will have to live here so I can vicariously live here through them then.
  • Options
    @60smusicluvr
    What a beautiful beach build! The views through the windows are amazing and yet slightly pale when looking at this. The entrance steps/pool feature is skillfully done. I've wondered if it was possible to do something like this, good to know that it is possible while also learning that the pool is unusable. The interior is just as stunning. LOVE the amount of wood and neutral color palette ... very relaxing and serene feeling. Sims as so lucky!
  • Options
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ADWilson Did I say how much I like the Pearson Place? What with the site problems and so on, I just can't remember. I DO want to say a HUGE Thank you to you for organising this for us.

I'm sitting here wondering if I complimented all of your gifts. I feel like I might have forgotten one. Sorry if I did. You know I love your stuff!

Thank you very much! It was fun making this for y'all.
    Another thing that's fun are these events!! It's a nice way to meet new Buddies while getting pretty things to play with.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @60smusicluvr - I love it! I love the brick and concrete and windows and turret section, as well as the way you made the walk, the soft crème and natural wood, the way you alternated the floor tile, and the furnishings you chose. The views out the window are spectacular, so I’ll be placing this in Sunlit Tides with the others. As Mia said, this home has a very calm and relaxing feel to it that just fits right in to the island world.
    Thank you so, so much. If my builds took you out of your comfort zone at all, it definitely doesn’t show. You have mastered the look! You are awesome at these. I shall treasure and play with them a lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top