Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does it take to graduate with Honors?

For some reason I was expecting that a sim who got A+ in all 12 subjects would get the Honors. But no. My sim hat only A+, but still graduated with "only" A+. Not sure what more she was expected to do...?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    When they are in class did you select any of the options like you can when they go to work? Like the work options "work hard" or "slack off", there are options like "listen intently" or "take notes". I always had them listen half of the class and take notes the other half. Also, I always had them refine their term papers until I got a message saying further refinement was not needed. I did the same with their presentation boards and had them practice their presentation at least 3 times. All three of the brothers graduated with honors. Oh ya, never miss a class or be late.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,671 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    When they are in class did you select any of the options like you can when they go to work? Like the work options "work hard" or "slack off", there are options like "listen intently" or "take notes". I always had them listen half of the class and take notes the other half. Also, I always had them refine their term papers until I got a message saying further refinement was not needed. I did the same with their presentation boards and had them practice their presentation at least 3 times. All three of the brothers graduated with honors. Oh ya, never miss a class or be late.

Yes, I chose "take notes" on every class they attended. Of my group of 4 sims, wanted especially 2 of them to do very well, so I had them take notes, while the other two did not take notes. All did all their homework, and delivered excellent quality boards and term papers. 3 of them got A+, 1 got A (I think she was very late to one class and she was one of those not "taking notes".

Thinking of it, they all were pretty skilled before attending Uni, because they have been in my game for a long time as adults with good jobs. Perhaps they did not build skulls enough to deserve the Honor?
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    That could be. Mine had only level 1 skill in the subjects they were going to take before they enrolled and 7 to 9 when they graduated. I also had them sit in on skill classes in their off time.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited December 2019
    A GPA of 3.9 or higher (A/A+) should be enough to get a degree with honors. What major did she pursue?

edit: what does trait tooltip say about your degree?
    Post edited by kusurusu on
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    kusurusu wrote: »
    A GPA of 3.9 or higher (A/A+) should be enough to get a degree with honors. What major did she pursue?

edit: what does trait tooltip say about your degree?

Her degree was Communication at University of Britechester.

Hm, never checked a trait tooltip...? Where do I find that? Do you mean a sim can only (or more easily) get Honors in a few degrees, depending on their traits?
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited December 2019
    In the traits tab there should be a section for university degrees. Unless your sim didn't graduate properly (did she go to the ceremony?).

Trait description should read "This Sim has earned a Distinguished Degree in Communications with Honors
    (From University of Britechester)"
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    Oh oh... just started my game to check that info in traits section. And it says she graduated with honor! I'm 110% that none of my sims got the honor mention as they graduated, I guess we only get the info at the pop up giving the results from 4th term + GPA. I really think it should have been mentioned in that popup.

So, since I had many A+ students, I now need to explore the trait info on all of them to see if anyone else graduated with Honor. I'm sure someone else must have, too.

Thanks for direction @kusurusu :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,563 Member
    Oh oh... just started my game to check that info in traits section. And it says she graduated with honor! I'm 110% that none of my sims got the honor mention as they graduated, I guess we only get the info at the pop up giving the results from 4th term + GPA. I really think it should have been mentioned in that popup.

So, since I had many A+ students, I now need to explore the trait info on all of them to see if anyone else graduated with Honor. I'm sure someone else must have, too.

Glad you discovered it! Two of my Sims remained outside in the quad while all the other Sims in their group went inside, including their older brother. I was confused, at first. After a few moments, I got the pop-ups informing me that they had each graduated, with honors. I tell you, I worked my tuckas off to get them there. LOL I'm quite exhausted. Only to realize that a mod I was using turned out to be a tad buggy and the only way I could bring their younger sister back home was to use MCCC and then the cheat make part of the family. It totally borked my game save. I have since removed the faulty mod.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Glad you discovered it! Two of my Sims remained outside in the quad while all the other Sims in their group went inside, including their older brother. I was confused, at first. After a few moments, I got the pop-ups informing me that they had each graduated, with honors. I tell you, I worked my tuckas off to get them there. LOL I'm quite exhausted. Only to realize that a mod I was using turned out to be a tad buggy and the only way I could bring their younger sister back home was to use MCCC and then the cheat make part of the family. It totally borked my game save. I have since removed the faulty mod.

I got them all to that graduation ceremony, but the popup in advanced said it would not affect the result if cancelling the event (or not go with them).

Anyway, I just found out that also the diploma gives the info on both university, degree and whether making it with Honors. I could swear I also checked the diploma earlier, being disappointed that it gave no info when pointed at, but I must have only checked their grad portrait. Don't really understand why not their name, uni and degree is added there automatically, too...