Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Appropriateness filter applying to image URLs

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Responses on Ideas & Feedback.

Comments

• DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    edited November 2019
    @EA_Mai

Dear EA_Mai,

I've come across a very strange issue in the filter settings of this forum: I've posted some pictures through Imgur here and in some direct messages to other members. Now, one of these pictures doesn't display anymore. It took me a while to figure out why and the reason is rather bizarre. As you know, Imgur assigns random letters and numbers to an upload which one can then share via a link. The picture in question was named the following:
    f - T - M - E - 4 - b - s .jpg (without the hyphens)
    Somehow in the last few days or so, the forum's filter changed the letters "b" which is followed by an "s" to the word "plum"! That picture obviously doesn't display anymore because of this change.

Now, I completely understand the need for an automatic appropriateness filter for a teen-rated forum, but to change letters within a URL-link is less than ideal and very probably an unintended side-effect of a recent change.

Just wanted to let you know this.

Thank you for your time and good luck!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks for letting me know, @DMDCT - I was not aware this was happening, I'll take a look!
    You should be good to use that picture again.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Everything about this is so weird. One of my linked pictures did not show up anymore all of the sudden from a post back when Realm Of Magic came out. In the link the letters M and F were right next to each other, which is what it censored. It replaced the two letters with plum and therefore broke the link. I mean, I get the reference, but why would it be censored 2.5 months later?
    And I cannot view the forum on Firefox anymore and am using IE now, but posted images are still really small.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Everything about this is so weird. One of my linked pictures did not show up anymore all of the sudden from a post back when Realm Of Magic came out. In the link the letters M and F were right next to each other, which is what it censored. It replaced the two letters with plum and therefore broke the link. I mean, I get the reference, but why would it be censored 2.5 months later?
    And I cannot view the forum on Firefox anymore and am using IE now, but posted images are still really small.

Yeah, a couple of my pics with m and f together got plummer out too. I guess they only recently added that to the list of censored words.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Hi @Netzspannung @DeKay, moved your posts here as we had been discussing something similar here. You should be able to use those pictures again now, thanks for the heads up!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    As a workaround, can people use TinyURL to change the name of links?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    As a workaround, can people use TinyURL to change the name of links?

I don't like using TinyURL cuz they remove your pics sometimes after a long period of time. A simpler workaround is to just reupload the image again on Imgur or whatever hosting site you use.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif