Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hi again.

There is an update regarding the browser connectivity issues. They're still working on it but have found a temporary workaround for those using Firefox. Temporary because if you close the browser/site, you will need to do those steps again.

Here is the post written by @EA_Mai with the detailed step-by-step how to:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17334631/#Comment_17334631
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Insomnia & work don't mix, happily short shift.

In the wee hours I think I saw someone say the couldn't get the link to the blog to work so I'm going to dust off more bb html code in the hopes it will work for all

Try this link

I'll be back later

and no I'm not ignoring all the other gorgeous pressie's just lying around for the admiration, I'm waiting so I can do notes & borrow all in one. Otherwise I get very lost with where I left off with the thread moving so fast. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Hi again.

There is an update regarding the browser connectivity issues. They're still working on it but have found a temporary workaround for those using Firefox. Temporary because if you close the browser/site, you will need to do those steps again.

Here is the post written by @EA_Mai with the detailed step-by-step how to:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17334631/#Comment_17334631

I usually use chrome, it's good to know they are working on a fix. I am currently able to visit the site with no problems using Opera, I installed it last night. I can finally type things out with all my fingers. I had no idea what a luxury that was. I'm going to wrap something up and then catch up with the thread.

Insomnia & work don't mix, happily short shift.

No they don't! Glad you have a short shift. Maybe you can take a nap before feeling the lure of this thread calling your name.
    In the wee hours I think I saw someone say the couldn't get the link to the blog to work so I'm going to dust off more bb html code in the hopes it will work for all

Try this link

I saw that too so went back to original post and checked link again. It worked for me, yay.
    I believe it was @60smusicluvr who couldn't enjoy/see it. Hope this one works for others, too.
    I'll be back later

and no I'm not ignoring all the other gorgeous pressie's just lying around for the admiration, I'm waiting so I can do notes & borrow all in one. Otherwise I get very lost with where I left off with the thread moving so fast. :)

I know what you mean! This thread is zip zip zipping by with all the presents and lovely conversations. I feel like I should be setting up a refreshment table or something since I am hosting this party. LOL
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Adwilson, I realized, after I had posted that, that I probably just needed to refresh the page. It's probably because IE is a bit slow. Sorry about that.

By the way, I'm currently in a downloading spree. Getting ready to install so many amazing gifts. I love all the new simmies I'll get to play with /see around town.
    @Adwilson, I realized, after I had posted that, that I probably just needed to refresh the page. It's probably because IE is a bit slow. Sorry about that.

No need to apologize. I just wanted you to see the link and hoped it would work for you. :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    .... There is an option to lock specific sims out of doors. Have you tried it? ....

I had them each set their front doors to only them. So, no taking a dish to the neighbors to eat!

@Hidehi - I love Forrest Grump and his hollow! Both are awesome and will be fun to play. I'm glad we both made caves. Maybe we can get a bunch of cave homes together for a world of cave dwellers.

@SamelaRita - I especially love your stories, both from the back story gifting angle and from the giftee story telling playing out of a scenario in your own unique, and truly gifted way! The chapel, graveyard, and playground all on one lot is a twist I wouldn't have thought of, but that should play out really well, and I love the way all the sims and builds blend into one interwoven story. Great job! I am super impressed!

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @SamelaRita Thank you so much for The Village Green! It looks lovely. I have only been to your blog so far, but I'm loving what I've seen. It just seems perfect to go with and ties together all the other gifts. I had been trying to think what other hint was in there, and wasn't coming up with anything. In my defense, I hadn't slept more than 4 hrs. straight for a while :p (until last night, that is - all rested up now).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    @SamelaRita Thank you so much for The Village Green! It looks lovely. I have only been to your blog so far, but I'm loving what I've seen. It just seems perfect to go with and ties together all the other gifts. I had been trying to think what other hint was in there, and wasn't coming up with anything. In my defense, I hadn't slept more than 4 hrs. straight for a while :p (until last night, that is - all rested up now).

@suzses I'm glad you got your ZZZ's!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @suzses I realised there were two tiny hints actually - the one was the name of The House on the Green, and the other one was that Martha had her brother's gravestone in her inventory - so you needed a graveyard! But I wanted it to be a cheerful graveyard, not a sad one. Plus, I looked up some classic little churches on village greens, and then added a bit of extra stuff as well. You could always put a wedding arch inside or outside the church if you wanted.
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr Cream Brulee Strip is beautifully designed. Love how you color coded the townhouses, and your furnishings and decor are striking. The lot looks great in Sunlit Tides, but I'm sure it would look good many places.

@Puddinroy Pretty amazing that you have a spaceship hidden under the roof. Looks like a really fun arcade for sims to visit.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn That's a great little starter farm that I'm sure would be fun to develop. I really enjoyed the historical background you provided for the Kertesz's. Such a sweet couple. Love that dip kiss.

@Jessabeans I am charmed by both your pub and consignment store lots. I like that they're coordinated and that the lots are small and would fit in a lot of places (like Christmas village, of course).

@ciane Love the name River Raven and its clever, fun design. I see lots of outdoor amenities and great interiors, too. Looking forward to inspecting it further.

@Hidehi I always get a good chuckle from the names you come up with for your sims. Forest is great and looks fun to play. Love his hole in the ground, too, and will be taking a closer look.

Since about the first day of gifting, I haven't been able to keep up with looking at everything in game :'( except my own lovely gifts from SamelaRita and even there I steal time at odd moments (like 4 AM ones) to check them out. I'm really looking forward to getting them in game for a better look, though.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2019
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @suzses I realised there were two tiny hints actually - the one was the name of The House on the Green, and the other one was that Martha had her brother's gravestone in her inventory - so you needed a graveyard! But I wanted it to be a cheerful graveyard, not a sad one. Plus, I looked up some classic little churches on village greens, and then added a bit of extra stuff as well. You could always put a wedding arch inside or outside the church if you wanted.

Ah, yes, the gravestone. I did think when I saw it that it required a place to go, but in moving on to the other households, I had forgotten about it!

I think maybe I am going to have to rearrange how I have things to get the House on the Green next to the Village Green, and I think you did great putting together what is basically the New England town commons idea with the builds that suit the area and time period from which they would have originated.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2019
    Jessabeans Gift #5 for @60smusicluvr

Star Market 20x20 Hangout

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351609

pictures here: https://jessabeansims.tumblr.com/post/189473487884/starmarket

Hey Buddy! First off, thank you for being so kind and being a trooper. I feel like some of my gifts were a little self indulgent. I was just really getting into the Christmas spirit this year, and it's not what I would have normally picked for you. I'm so happy you like them anyway.

So today is gift is another of the tiny Christmas shoppes. It's a grocer. I really wanted to get the feel of window shopping, so retook the pictures in RFlong Hidehi's Christmas Village and they look pretty cute in a row together. Thanks both of you for letting me borrow your gift as a backdrop.

Find everything you need to cook a perfect holiday meal for the special sims in your life. Market stall, Bakery and restrooms upstairs(with shower for gardeners), greenhouse in rear, grocer rabbithole in basement.

24ae085eb3f8726372699b577b0c42f738f4054d.jpg
    Obligatory Winter Streetview
    0b4b877b17e44817df8dd820e58946f9f99b98c1.jpg
    Rear Greenhouse
    a1577729c6eb15e9cdf8a897db58cecba622263e.jpg
    Farmer's Market Area
    22fd85e2654ada668c383c35279f8125385694c3.jpg
    Upstairs Bakery

Window Shopping
    4ad70fb54222a8113fe3df64e54cda0d82684e14.jpg
    ff25ae93726fad5fbd7a403d618b08c4823fd28c.jpg

Basement
    87b105e06e407f3db03da018b786b9b968c9df83.jpg
    I used the lunar lakes grocery rabbithole in the basement for space, I think it will have to be removed if you would like your sim to own the lot and run the bakery aspect. I just thought adding it would save some neighborhood space.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    @Jessabeans Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

Am loving the theme you have going on with your gifts ~ practical and perfect for everyday usage but also dressed up in their holiday finery! This has old world/country style and charm down pat and yet contains all the things a modern Sim would need.
    I think I left off on page 36, if I missed your gift post, it wasn't intentional.

@60smusicluvr I love your presentation. Colin Fitzgerald is a dreamboat for sure, I'm sure he'll make some sim very happy. Micro Modern is spectacular, I love the mix of textures, and interesting details. The decor is great and it's wonderful you were able to incorporate so much plant life in such a tiny build.

@SamelaRita You are spoiling me, umm I mean Suzses, with all of the attractive sims with interesting backstories. That you made them interconnected is even more thoughtful. New England style architecture is among my favorites so I really like The house on the Green as well. The snowy picture really sells it. I look forward to adding it with the Hunter Boys to my game. I just haven't spent much time in Moonlit Falls but I think the houses you've built suit it so well. Just lovely all around.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn You are right with the reasons Sweet Treats had a well deserved bad reception. I feel like the celebrity tie-in did a disservice to the artists who worked on the pack. That said, while I enjoy candy coating a bakery in every world I have, I try to use the pack sparingly because of the lack of popularity and now availability of it. I was happy to see some of the buddies were able to pick it up before the exchange. I had a few other candy lots that won't see the light of day now/yet.

I love your Kesses farm. It's impressive that you were able to put it on a room to grow lot and still be charming and be closed to starter priced. I'm sure some of us are up to the task of furnishing it ourselves.

The Kertesz's are lovely, I like the real world touches in their backstory.

@GraceyManor I hope you enjoyed your off day. LMC was able to find some physical copies on amazon UK, it's not sold digitally anymore since the celebrity tie in deal expired.

@Rflong7 Your little polar bear dogs are so adorable. I don't usually have dogs in game but I just have to see these little critters running around.

I had too many tabs open and I'm starting to get out of order. Going to start a new comment, page 38.

edited December 2019
    @Jessabeans - it's so perfect! I love the exterior paints and styles you chose! Those windows are all perfect, especially the gables! The greenhouse out back is a great touch and I love that you have both the bakers oven and the canning station inside. The farmers market area looks great too. Your sense of symmetry is awesome. I'd never think to put in two fridges and two season racks. You rock!
    edited December 2019
    There have been so many great sims with interesting backstories this exchange. I really look forward to seeing them show up in stories.

@60smusicluvr The inhabitants of Creme Brûlée as as interesting as the building. I like that you decorated according to their personalities.

@suzses How tragic for Alejandro, I'm sure he's doing the best he can raising Ariana alone. I love the Roomies too, they will be a great addition to the world dating pool. I think I have to play as Bindi sometime.

@LMC6255 Wow, 3 different romantic date locations. I can see many sims falling in love at any of these.

The Lonely Hearts Restaurant is nice with it's rich woods and dim candlelit lighting. The deck is a great addition, the windows allow you to watch your meal being prepared in the big industrial kitchen. How lovely to dine under the stars. I liked that you included parking, and it was very clever adding the orange flowers to look like fallen leaves under the trees.

A Sweet Date Bakery is very charming. I like the outdoor dining option with the flowering pergola and pretty hanging lights. The chocolate fountain welcomes you in, and the interior is so clean and well organized. A lovely spot to visit. I appreciated bike parking.

The Lonely Hearts Park is just magical. I love the bridge over the winding stream, leading to the lake. It was a great spot for iceskating, and the roller rinks is a great addition for milder weather. The tower, yellow tree and creative use of fog emitters added a touch of fantasy. It's a special place indeed.

I need to go pick up my little one from school, I hope to catch up on the rest of the thread tonight. Page 40.
    edited December 2019
    ciane wrote: »
    @Jessabeans - it's so perfect! I love the exterior paints and styles you chose! Those windows are all perfect, especially the gables! The greenhouse out back is a great touch and I love that you have both the bakers oven and the canning station inside. The farmers market area looks great too. Your sense of symmetry is awesome. I'd never think to put in two fridges and two season racks. You rock!

Thank you, you are so kind. I know I overdo it on symmetry sometimes but I can justify two fridges, often times bakers will have fridges set to different temperatures to chill cakes and cupcakes after adding a crumb coat, before doing decorative icing. So touch of realism, totally not me fussing with trying to get corner counters in. 😊 I got nothing as far as why you would need that many spices, high demand?

Thank you too Addy, I wanted the cozy small town shop feeling. I'm so glad it read that way. It was really fun dressing them up for the holidays but it would only take a few snips to make it an everyday build. The same can't be said for the workshop so I'm really glad I broke them up into multiple lots now.
    Maybe different chefs are picky about uses their spices, there's one for everybody to use and one for the chef! ;D
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Jessabeans That's another delightful store - I love having new commercial lots to add variety to a town, without having to build them myself!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @SamelaRita: Your Village Green is so wonderful! I love all the things you managed to fit into it. I know 50x50 is one of the larger lot sizes, but you fit more in it than I would have thought possible! Your description kind of had me tearing up; I think I'm too much of a sentimentalist. :)

@ADWilson : Oh! So it probably IS one of my developers' tools that is keeping me from seeing the weird security messages! I see messages like that occasionally, then I turn on a tool, and get it to go away. I can't even tell you WHAT tool I have that probably fixed it, since I have so many of them. And, while EA_Mai said not to do this on a general basis, or to do this with sites you don't trust, I would have specifically turned it off for this site if I did it. Then my tool would keep it turned off on this site only. (Or really, I should say "turned on", because I probably turned something on that's telling my virus sniffer to stuff it for this site.)

@jessabeans : Oh oh oh! Another Christmas community lot! Can I tell you I'm just in love with it? And the Greenhouse pieces! I love those! Those are so hard to use and make look good - you have to plan your building just to fit them, because they don't work on just any sized roof. I use them a lot in my personal builds, but boy, does it take a lot of fussing sometimes to get them to fit on a roof!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Well, this site problem is really frustrating and I might just reply on TS3 pages until it's over. I'm just frustrating myself today and I'm probably going to close down my Sims games but before I do, I must thank you @ciane for the Splendid and really Creative builds. :cookie:
    My Sim family from long ago have moved into the Round house. I thought it'd be fun for a family. :)
    hSUO22G.jpg

Joey tended the garden...
    RK6wGtH.jpg

While Becca and little Gigi went downstairs. Becca eyed the lovely meal which was left for them on the counter - How Sweet!
    LchfYjT.jpg

You got it! The best way for Becca to do wash is to put her computer near it. :lol:
    hK49f5w.jpg

After feeding Gigi, they ate the delicious meal upstairs
    J6scg8c.jpg

Little Gigi took to the toys
    3xwW4xv.jpg

And Joey and Becca talked about exploring the tree house... but didn't. :blush:
    BWgFjmp.jpg

Time flew bye as they explored and they adored the view from their loft bedroom.
    NCdZ2qu.jpg

Thank you so much for these. You're done yourself proud! :heart:

Oh, wait...on to the next. :)
    I had my friends move in next door. The River Raven. :open_mouth:

While they were traveling back from town, I noticed the hot tub replacement. :lol:
    I have it but I can't find it in the Store so it must be in a special set. Not a problem. :)
    ZNhxfq9.jpg

@Writin_Reg and Mr. Writin are my friends who moved in next door. They loved the meal you left them!
    eL6xkA7.jpg

I used another hot tub but the view and layout is adorable!
    UYjvdWA.jpg

Writin_Reg Loves the house.
    O6qRj5o.jpg

She decided to go read, she loves reading but Mr. Writin didn't feel like reading...
    fzJdhUT.jpg

Although he agreed to knock off the noise. :lol:
    hTBkY20.jpg'

The bathroom is cool!
    8KZDJi2.jpg

It was late when I switched houses and they were tired.
    dxtkZeB.jpg

I told Mr. Writin he picked the wrong bed...He might now wanted to wake her up.
    KAGfq5y.jpg

You can see 3 of your gifts here. :)
    HG5L7kD.jpg

The house looks lovely in the back, too. Almost like I could watch them with the walls up!
    JSGF10v.jpg

The next morning, Writin_Reg harvested the lovely trees on her balcony while Mr. cleaned the dishes from last night. :lol:
    C6HbMOi.jpg

The watched some weather channel for a bit
    kE0XYUY.jpg

I had them try the swing chairs upstairs for a bit. While they enjoyed the view, a set of rockers popped into their wants.
    BZ0KFEX.jpg

Which is where they relaxed for the afternoon.
    kE0XYUY.jpg

Thank you again! :heart:
    if you all don't mind, I'll be back when the site is working for me. :( > I'm going to go eat some Holiday cookies now. :cookie:
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @Kesminlix hi buddy, hope the week is treating you well

This is your 3rd and final gift from me.

Once I stopped fighting the muse on what and how, it flowed effortlessly. I did try to keep in mind that you said you liked green in addition to blue, but I was having trouble getting the colors to come out right and not bright which you indicated could be a problem for you.

I hope that maybe one of your legacy families will be able to afford enjoy the finished Farm house.

Presenting: Kesses Family Farm
    exchange link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351625
    farmfront_orig.jpg
    The backstory, and tie in to gift #2, can be found here. (tissue's might be needed)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Hello again, @LMC6255
    I'm back with your final gift. It comes in two versions, "regular" and "Holiday." ;) They're exactly the same except I decked the halls a bit in the Christmas version.

Gift 5 - Chalet on Azure Lake

49170158176_2a9c57fec5_z.jpg

49170158161_ece5a9945a_z.jpg

On the exchange:
    Chalet on Azure Lake - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351629
    Chalet Holiday Version - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351630

Pictures of both in the same album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJNvcY6

The address where I placed it is 9 Azure Lake Avenue in Hidden Springs, which was a 40x30 lot. I (again) replaced that lot with a 30x30 so you would have more flexibility in placing it in other locations if/when you'd like to. Guessing you probably didn't go back on My Pages and see my *don't put it (Stargazer) on the 30x30 by the lake* remark, but it made no sense since there wasn't a 30x30 there to start with. :D
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top